Black Adam vs. Silver Surfer

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

BattleMage
What would this fight look like? Can surfer stop Teth? Can Teth stop the Surfer?

nicamarvin
Originally posted by BattleMage
What would this fight look like? Can surfer stop Teth? Can Teth stop the Surfer? Silver Surfer has more ways to beat him

Warlord
surfer

BattleMage
How would surfer react to his magic amped attacks?

guy222
SS

Philosophía
Black Adam.

Naija boy
Silver Surfer

Surfer

JakeTheBank
Surfer.

grimify
Adam

bbrem123
surfer takes it

kgkg
Surfer 8/10.

tkitna
Surfer every single time

Rage.Of.Olympus
Silver Surfer.

batdude123
Originally posted by tkitna
Surfer every single time

baka

Rage.Of.Olympus
Yea, that's too far.

Silver Surfer has been forced to engage in hand to hand combat in the past and in that situation, he'd lose to Black Adam. Adam wins a few.

cdtm

Against bricks, the lightning isn't usually a fight ender. Even writers who play up Supes magic weakness like Loeb or Morrison still make Marvel need to blindside him, or hit him with their best punches to put him down, and to be fair even Martian Manhunter put down Captain Marvel under similar circumstances..

It's when he goes against pure magical beings like Spectre or demons that it's usually devastating..

Bentley
Originally posted by kgkg
Surfer 8/10.

I'd say 7/10.

kgkg
Originally posted by Bentley
I'd say 7/10. I can live with that.

WhiteWitchKing

He wouldn't care. It would be just another attack. Unless Adam can cast spells, his magic amped attack nothing new that Surfer has face. Surfer takes this.

namorsubby
Black Adam goes WW3 on his silver hiney

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by namorsubby
Black Adam goes WW3 on his silver hiney

You mean take a dive in durability and to a lesser degree, a dive in strength?

celeyhyga17
Damn! I want some of what the Surfer is drinking. It seems to me he ends up winning almost if not all of his forum fights.

cdtm
Originally posted by celeyhyga17
Damn! I want some of what the Surfer is drinking. It seems to me he ends up winning almost if not all of his forum fights.

He's too well rounded. Top tier strength, speed, durability, energy manipulation, and raw power... Surfer has it all.

Most characters have one or two, but not all of it, and that's why Surfer gets them. Want to send in PC Superman? Surfer just ends up absorbing his solar energy or creates some red solar radiation... Try taking him hand to hand? Good luck, he's tanked blows from a pissed off Hulk before. As in, literally tanked without any damage... Speedblitz? He was trading shots with The Runner, and his general speed is among top of the line..

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by cdtm
He's too well rounded. Top tier strength, speed, durability, energy manipulation, and raw power... Surfer has it all.

Most characters have one or two, but not all of it, and that's why Surfer gets them. Want to send in PC Superman? Surfer just ends up absorbing his solar energy or creates some red solar radiation... Try taking him hand to hand? Good luck, he's tanked blows from a pissed off Hulk before. As in, literally tanked without any damage... Speedblitz? He was trading shots with The Runner, and his general speed is among top of the line..

Yeah.. I'm beginning to think he's an I win button. Will somebody take him down a notch?!?! Knock him off his high horse.

cdtm
Yeah.. I'm beginning to think he's an I win button. Will somebody take him down a notch?!?! Knock him off his high horse.

It can be done.

Some characters I think can beat The Surfer:

Orion. He resisted distintigration from a global transmutator, and his Astro Force stopped a universal implosion bomb. Plus, he kicked his friend Lightrays rear, when he was bloodlusted, and Lightray is powerful enough to crap out suns while going full speed. His Astro Force shields and beams combined with his natural defenses should be able to let him face Surfer..

Metron. The guy has ridiculous feats, including shrinking down a planet and putting it in his pocket..

Infinity Man, who's kind of a total package character like Surfer. Multi purpose Infini Beam, durability and strength matching or exceeding the best..

The Runner, who's already done it.

Adam Warlock, with Soul Gem.

Thor or Bill have fair odds, thanks to their hammers power and versatility matching and in some cases exceeding Surfers powers, but they suffer for lower durability.

Of course, you could just blatantly overpower him with someone like Validus or Thanos.

Black bolt z
Scans of runner beating him?I have that comic and in no way did runner beat him.IIRC surfer didn't even fight back.

Wow...I thought there would be more adam love...

Slaanesh
Surfer everytime..

cdtm
Originally posted by Black bolt z
Scans of runner beating him?I have that comic and in no way did runner beat him.IIRC surfer didn't even fight back.

Wow...I thought there would be more adam love...

Why would you want scans, if you can just read it again.

They not only fight, but Runner almost kills him.

the ninjak
Radd atomises him.

eyVWQH7jIg8

BlackZero30x
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
You mean take a dive in durability and to a lesser degree, a dive in strength? in all seriousness when people refer to him as WW3 i take it as his anger in the body of a non depowered BA...while he did do some insane stuff he was lacking IMO....i mean imagine sups on a super bloodlusted no holding back never ending rage....that's kinda what we have here except with control of electricity instead of HV and Knight wouldn't do any good lol

anyway sufer would win

even though the fanboy in me says otherwise

He is the top dog of the high herald class after all, the tier was even named after him. It's his versatility that is just too much, there are few superpowers he doesn't have. The trans levellers can beat him for a majority of course, it's just that people usually put him up against the other high heralds.

Joker793
Adam

carver9
Silver Surfer 9/10 and the 1 win that I gave Adam, I dont even know how he will get it. : (

Prep-Man
Adam.

the ninjak
Radd.

brownqk
Norrin; he has too many abilities.

King Kandy
Originally posted by Black bolt z
What are you talking about, they fought and Surfer as completely overpowered one on one and almost killed.

tkitna
Originally posted by carver9
Silver Surfer 9/10 and the 1 win that I gave Adam, I dont even know how he will get it. : (

Yeah, same here. Somebody mentioned earlier that they have seen Surfer lose in H2H. Thats true, but why would Surfer do that under a KMC forum fight. He uses his powers to the best of his ability and destroys Adam every single time.

You dont get to say this everyday when it concerns a Marvel character fighting a DC character, but Adam gets speedblitzed also.

-Pr-
Yeah, same here. Somebody mentioned earlier that they have seen Surfer lose in H2H. Thats true, but why would Surfer do that under a KMC forum fight. He uses his powers to the best of his ability and destroys Adam every single time.

You dont get to say this everyday when it concerns a Marvel character fighting a DC character, but Adam gets speedblitzed also.

full capacity doesn't make a character smarter or a better tactician. they do what THEY would do, not what WE would do in their place.

adam's pretty fast, tbh.

Originally posted by carver9

because you don't read the character?

tkitna
Originally posted by -Pr-
because you don't read the character?

Hey, i'll be the first to admit that i'm not a fan and a true follower of Adam, so without being a smartass, can you enlighten us as to how Adam would win?

batdude123
Can we just cut the shit here and not pretend like Surfer doesn't get hit/tagged in damn near every single one of his fights?

Along with being a peer to Superman in strength, Teth's punches carry the added bonus of being magically charged, which Surfer won't just shrug off. Not to mention, BA doesn't have any weaknesses to exploit.

The idea of Surfer winning 10/10, or even 9/10, is absolutely ridiculous given both of their histories and track records against characters of this level.

-Pr-
Hey, i'll be the first to admit that i'm not a fan and a true follower of Adam, so without being a smartass, can you enlighten us as to how Adam would win?

i wasn't talking to you. messed

tkitna
i wasn't talking to you. messed

I know, but i'm just curious for your opinion is all.

-Pr-
I know, but i'm just curious for your opinion is all.

everything batdude said, really.

Warlord
Originally posted by batdude123
Can we just cut the shit here and not pretend like Surfer doesn't get hit/tagged in damn near every single one of his fights?

reminds me of flash and how he is portrayed in these forums

batdude123
Originally posted by Warlord

Reminds me that Surfer has Flash-level combat speed on these forums.

Blanket
http://img84.imageshack.us/img84/2723/ricflairwooootributempe.gif

Warlord
Reminds me that Surfer has Flash-level combat speed on these forums.

he must have. since he gets tagged all the time...

Mindset
he must have. since he gets tagged all the time... ] http://4gifs.com/gallery/d/152068-1/Packet_sauce.gif

Meh, SS still has too much going for him. He takes a solid majority

Warlord
so you guys haven't seen Flash getting tagged or you just like posting pics?

-Pr-
so you guys haven't seen Flash getting tagged or you just like posting pics?

flash gets tagged all the time. he's still far faster than norrin, though.

Warlord
flash gets tagged all the time. he's still far faster than norrin, though.

general body movement he is.
travel speed debatable

-Pr-
travel speed debatable

his travel speed is ridiculously higher.

Warlord

even when surfer can cross solar systems in secs?

Whats his most impressive travel feat?

even when surfer can cross solar systems in secs?

Crossed a light year in the time it took thanos to throw punch, that should be under 1 second.

Blanket
so you guys haven't seen Flash getting tagged or you just like posting pics? I was agreeing with you, but now... forget it, dick bandit.

Warlord
Originally posted by Blanket
I was agreeing with you, but now... forget it, dick bandit.

give me a second chance and I'll see you get the best chicks tonite... eek!

batdude123
travel speed debatable

Travel speed is irrelevant in combat.

Warlord
still he gets tagged all the time...

anyway....
as for the thread Surfer shoul win 7/10 IMO

Mindset
so you guys haven't seen Flash getting tagged or you just like posting pics? Originally posted by Blanket
I was agreeing with you, but now... forget it, dick bandit.
This.

D_Dude1210
Travel speed is irrelevant in combat.

I guess that's why fast tanks are ineffective in combat...!

batdude123
still he gets tagged all the time...

anyway....
as for the thread Surfer shoul win 7/10 IMO

Trying to use Flash as a means of comparison in order to say Surfer getting tagged is PIS is ridiculous.

batdude123
Originally posted by D_Dude1210
I guess that's why fast tanks are ineffective in combat...!

I guess that's why Thor can travel 3x the speed of light, and yet looks like a tool compared to Wolverine in combat speed.

D_Dude1210
It's nice when ppl don't get your meaning... big grin

kgkg
I guess that's why Thor can travel 3x the speed of light, and yet looks like a tool compared to Wolverine in combat speed. Comapring how Thor travels and battles to Norin?

We have actually seen many times Surfer use his travel Speed in battle because his offense is not mainly dependent on his board while Thor hammer has to used for offensive and defensive abilities.

Big difference

Rage.Of.Olympus
Silver Surfer wins the majority, something like 7/10 but Black Adam gets a few wins. Mainly because he could probably force him into a brawl where Norrin would lose.

the ninjak
Silver Surfer wins the majority, something like 7/10 but Black Adam gets a few wins. Mainly because he could probably force him into a brawl where Norrin would lose.

Agreed!

batdude123
Comapring how Thor travels and battles to Norin?

We have actually seen many times Surfer use his travel Speed in battle because his offense is not mainly dependent on his board while Thor hammer has to used for offensive and defensive abilities.

Big difference

Not at all.

I was merely pointing out that travel speed and combat speed are not the same thing.

psycho gundam
Silver Surfer wins the majority, something like 7/10 but Black Adam gets a few wins. Mainly because he could probably force him into a brawl where Norrin would lose. ^ surfer has released an omnidirectional energy burst several times in that kind of situation.

kgkg
Funny thing is when Surfer is Force into a brawl planets are destroyed and you see his opponent complete defeated.

Rage.Of.Olympus
^Tell that to the Thing. smile

Originally posted by psycho gundam
^ surfer has released an omnidirectional energy burst several times in that kind of situation.

He could, but I doubt he'd do it enough times to score him a 10/10 win. His been forced into those brawls before and probably will again.

psycho gundam
fine, he does it half the time, looks like he can't lose the majority *shrugs*

Even if he cant brawl as fast, he can chase, evade and blast at superspeed. He lacks H2H speed feats, but not total use of speed during combat. He's a blaster not a brawler, that's all. He certainly can think and react at superspeeds, he maneuvers and stops cold with precision while travelling all the time.

cdtm
travel speed debatable

Even body movements debatable.

The thing is, you have to look at the little things to really get the full picture. He doesn't build bridges in nano seconds, but what about when he rushed a Skrull prison to rescue Nova, and had to do it fast enough to outrace the distruct signal that'd make her blow up? He had to grab Nova, right? That takes speed.

Or what about when he rushed Thanos in Infinity Gauntlet, and made a grab for it at top speed? Can't very well grab the thing if your general movements are normal speed.

Or all the examples of aiming and firing his beams while at top speed? Also requires comparable fast movement rates.

Even fighting The Runner while both are moving at ridiculous speeds shows Surfer responding to attacks, which would be impossible if all he can do is move around. Especially considering Runner proved to be even faster, yet didn't outright blitz him.

He doesn't have a "speedsters feats", but that doesn't mean all he's good for is traveling.

kgkg
^Tell that to the Thing. smile He doesn't need to release that much power while fighting the Thing he can win just by amping his strength.

Rage.Of.Olympus
He doesn't need to release that much power while fighting the Thing he can win just by amping his strength.

O rly?

http://i779.photobucket.com/albums/yy73/R-O-G/KO.jpg

OUCH!

http://i779.photobucket.com/albums/yy73/R-O-G/KO2.jpg

That must have been some punch.

kgkg

Johnny Sorrow
Teth's punches carry the added bonus of being magically charged

what?

kgkg
Stop Trolling http://img683.imageshack.us/img683/11/streght.jpg

kgkg
that a H2h fight smile

cdtm
http://img683.imageshack.us/img683/11/streght.jpg

See, this is why I claimed the Surfer who fought Loki was a weaker version. Because, no way would current or even post Earth versions of Surfer need to amp to match Things strength.

Rage.Of.Olympus
that a H2h fight smile

A fight where one being hides behind an energy field for protection, isn't a true hand to hand fight.

kgkg
A fight where one being hides behind an energy field for protection, isn't a true hand to hand fight. It's called amping his Strength.

Spire
O rly?

OUCH!

Here is an alternate take on that. SS is knocked off his board.

http://i603.photobucket.com/albums/tt112/Spire84/th_Alttake.jpg

batdude123
Originally posted by Johnny Sorrow
what?

no expression

Johnny Sorrow
no expression

I know his strength is derived from his magical power, but when have his punches been "magically charged"?

JakeTheBank
I know his strength is derived from his magical power, but when have his punches been "magically charged"?

When he has the lightning effect coursing over his arms/fists.

cdtm

They've been written that way awhile now. When Billy and Adam were slugging it out in Black Reign, there was little lightning effects with each punch, and when Superman fought Marvel in Superman/Batman, Superman commented on the added magic damage factor.

Adams attempted beatdown on Superboy Prime also had the lightning effect, with Superboy pretending the magic hurt him before saying it actually tickled.

psycho gundam
O rly?

OUCH!

That must have been some punch. you do know that was plot induced so that the alicia masters love affair could come about right?

Mindset
It wont matter that his punches are magically charged, though.

psycho gundam
cause he's not kryptonian shifty

batdude123
Originally posted by Mindset
It wont matter that his punches are magically charged, though.

Sure it does.

Mindset
Sure it does. How?

kgkg
See, this is why I claimed the Surfer who fought Loki was a weaker version. Because, no way would current or even post Earth versions of Surfer need to amp to match Things strength. Those were his earliest showing he is more powerful now via experience. But even then he has some amazing feats back in vol 1.

Spire
you do know that was plot induced so that the alicia masters love affair could come about right?

You do know that could have come about via several different scenarios as well right?

KuRuPT Thanosi

Along with being a peer to Superman in strength, Teth's punches carry the added bonus of being magically charged, which Surfer won't just shrug off. Not to mention, BA doesn't have any weaknesses to exploit.

The idea of Surfer winning 10/10, or even 9/10, is absolutely ridiculous given both of their histories and track records against characters of this level.

Why do you think Adam losses to Superman then?

batdude123
How?

You're wondering how Superman-level punches backed by magical energy will make a difference?

Same reason why Mjolnir strikes were able to own Surfer.

Mindset
You're wondering how Superman-level punches backed by magical energy will make a difference?

Same reason why Mjolnir strikes were able to own Surfer. I'm saying, how does them being magically charged add anything to the attack against SS.

It doesn't.

Johnny Sorrow
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
When he has the lightning effect coursing over his arms/fists.

They've been written that way awhile now. When Billy and Adam were slugging it out in Black Reign, there was little lightning effects with each punch, and when Superman fought Marvel in Superman/Batman, Superman commented on the added magic damage factor.

Adams attempted beatdown on Superboy Prime also had the lightning effect, with Superboy pretending the magic hurt him before saying it actually tickled.

Huh, interesting. I only remember seeing the lightning effect in the last one, and nothing happened so I thought it was an artist choice.

That fight with SBP never made sense to me. BA getting strength from magic doesn't make him useless in a fist fight. Maybe the magically charged damage is negated, but he still has magically-derived strength that should have an effect.

psycho gundam
Originally posted by Spire
You do know that could have come about via several different scenarios as well right? but it like...didn't....

to play into that is to assume surfer is in any danger against the thing.. lol. it was just an occurrence to make surfer meet with her coincidentally by way of her boyfriend making it happen.

batdude123
I'm saying, how does them being magically charged add anything to the attack against SS.

It doesn't.

Don't be dense.

Rage.Of.Olympus
you do know that was plot induced so that the alicia masters love affair could come about right?

That changes what exactly?

Mindset
Don't be dense. Ok, I'll just be right.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Lol.

It's called amping his Strength.

I know he amped his strength to match the Thing. He also however negated the Thing's punches by hiding behind energy. That isn't a true hand to hand fight.

JakeTheBank
The way I see it, Black Adam is using his physical might + the magical amped effect which would = more damage than a standard punch. It would be the same as Marvel using the Strength of Hercules coupled with the Power of Zeus, which in turn, gives him the same effect.

batdude123
Ok, I'll just be right.

If you want to be right, you'd have to abandon your point and agree with me.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Here is an alternate take on that. SS is knocked off his board.

http://i603.photobucket.com/albums/tt112/Spire84/th_Alttake.jpg

Hurray Surfer?

Johnny Sorrow
What effect would calling down the lightning have on Surfer?

JakeTheBank
What effect would calling down the lightning have on Surfer?

It would hurt him. Not as much as it would hurt Superman, but I don't think Surfer will laugh off magically charged punches, much less the Shazam lightning itself.

KuRuPT Thanosi
SS about 7/10

Johnny Sorrow
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
It would hurt him. Not as much as it would hurt Superman, but I don't think Surfer will laugh off magically charged punches, much less the Shazam lightning itself.

Stun-bad? Pain-bad? Cripple-bad? I know Surfer fairly well, but I've only read Black Adam since 52. From what I've seen, he would definitely consider it as an offensive tactic.

JakeTheBank
Stun-bad? Pain-bad? Cripple-bad? I know Surfer fairly well, but I've only read Black Adam since 52.

Well, I'd imagine it would hurt badly, yes. Not enough to cripple him or one shot him, but definitely take him for a loop.

Spire
but it like...didn't....

to play into that is to assume surfer is in any danger against the thing.. lol. it was just an occurrence to make surfer meet with her coincidentally by way of her boyfriend making it happen.

Err... ok. I'm really not sure why you responded as it appears you understood my point, but I'll assume you meant disagree and I'll address it.

The creative forces deemed Thing dropping Surfer was a sufficient enough solution to said "PIS" scenario and published it.

Also, Surfer would later go on to amp to fight Thing.

Warlord
Trying to use Flash as a means of comparison in order to say Surfer getting tagged is PIS is ridiculous.

dude the analogy is the same.
flash has been tagged by slower opponents consistently while surfer has also.
unless u think the thing hulk or namor have speed to match his reflexes.

as for the wolverine thing is as valid as lady shiva tagging superman.
even more when after a month of the wolverine fight thor showed no problems with quicksilver.

writers tend to vary.

psycho gundam
Err... ok. I'm really not sure why you responded as it appears you understood my point, but I'll assume you meant disagree and I'll address it.

The creative forces deemed Thing dropping Surfer was a sufficient enough solution to said "PIS" scenario and published it.

Also, Surfer would later go on to amp to fight Thing. sure, but that was surfer back when he was new to fist fights. these days, he remains in the 100+ ton class without amping farther.

he's like wiser or something

leonidas
I can live with that.

yep. 7/10 ss=about right.

cdtm
Stun-bad? Pain-bad? Cripple-bad? I know Surfer fairly well, but I've only read Black Adam since 52. From what I've seen, he would definitely consider it as an offensive tactic.

Considering Captain Marvels first cheap shot on Superman in Crisis Times Five couldn't knock Supes out, and he needed to resort to a second full strength punch, I don't put much stock in the charged punches. MM managed to KO an unprepared Marvel with just one viscous uppercut.

Yeah, they're cool to look at, but they're nothing compared to the actual lightning bolts.

Johnny Sorrow
Considering Captain Marvels first cheap shot on Superman in Crisis Times Five couldn't knock Supes out, and he needed to resort to a second full strength punch, I don't put much stock in the charged punches. MM managed to KO an unprepared Marvel with just one viscous uppercut.

Yeah, they're cool to look at, but they're nothing compared to the actual lightning bolts.

Are we discussing the same thing? I'm just talking about the lightning itself. I've only seen BA use it on Death so I don't know its power.

I can see MM doing that only when the Marvel family is in play.

cdtm
Are we discussing the same thing? I'm just talking about the lightning itself. I've only seen BA use it on Death so I don't know its power.

Whoops, thought we were still talking about the charged punches.

The lightning from Adam pretty much insta-defeated Martian Manhunter, and Marvel's messed up Superman pretty badly with it.

Ironically, that's also when Superman defeats him, as it turns him back into Billy.

Adam also surrounded his entire body in lightning and made Spectre into swiss cheese, but it didn't really bother him much.

batdude123
dude the analogy is the same.
flash has been tagged by slower opponents consistently while surfer has also.
unless u think the thing hulk or namor have speed to match his reflexes.

as for the wolverine thing is as valid as lady shiva tagging superman.
even more when after a month of the wolverine fight thor showed no problems with quicksilver.

writers tend to vary.

Yes, I knew exactly what you were trying to do from the get-go, which is why I called your analogy "ridiculous."

Surfer has never demonstrated combat speed on the level of Flash. It's been made painfully obvious through the years that Surfer's travel speed and combat speed are mutually exclusive.

And as for the Quicksilver encounter, nothing about it was that impressive. Thor simply took out the ground from under him by smashing it. No real combat speed demonstrated there.

Johnny Sorrow
Whoops, thought we were still talking about the charged punches.

The lightning from Adam pretty much insta-defeated Martian Manhunter, and Marvel's messed up Superman pretty badly with it.

Ironically, that's also when Superman defeats him, as it turns him back into Billy.

Adam also surrounded his entire body in lightning and made Spectre into swiss cheese, but it didn't really bother him much.

So do you think Shazam's lightning could hurt SS as well?

cdtm
Yes, I knew exactly what you were trying to do from the get-go, which is why I called your analogy "ridiculous."

Surfer has never demonstrated combat speed on the level of Flash. It's been made painfully obvious through the years that Surfer's travel speed and combat speed are mutually exclusive.

And as for the Quicksilver encounter, nothing about that was that impressive. Thor simply took out the ground from under him by smashing it. No real combat speed demonstrated there.

The "combat speed" isn't much of an issue, when he's more than fast enough to play keep away and fire off energy attacks. Remember, Firelords Cosmic senses can spot a mote of dust from lightyears away, and Surfer has those same sense, and even used them to spot Nova in a Skrull prison next to Galactus. Meaning, he has the range and manuverability advantage, and air superiority.. The only reason it devolves into a slugfest is if Surfer lets it.

And if Adam does manage to tag Surfer off his board, I can't see him beating Surfer down before he gets the board ramming into the back of his skull, Surfer remounts and continues combat.

batdude123
The "combat speed" isn't much of an issue, when he's more than fast enough to play keep away and fire off energy attacks. Remember, Firelords Cosmic senses can spot a mote of dust from lightyears away, and Surfer has those same sense, and even used them to spot Nova in a Skrull prison next to Galactus. Meaning, he has the range and manuverability advantage, and air superiority.. The only reason it devolves into a slugfest is if Surfer lets it.

And if Adam does manage to tag Surfer off his board, I can't see him beating Surfer down before he gets the board ramming into the back of his skull, Surfer remounts and continues combat.

Is Surfer too fast for BA to hit in a fight? The answer is no.

Surfer won't be shrugging Adam's fists off like nothing. They're going to hurt him, and it's going to allow for Adam to take some wins.

The only reason I even started this argument was because I found the idea of Norrin taking 9-10/10 to be ludicrous.

cdtm
Is Surfer too fast for BA to hit in a fight? The answer is no.

Surfer won't be shrugging Adam's fists off like nothing. They're going to hurt him, and it's going to allow for Adam to take some wins.

The only reason I even started this argument was because I found the idea of Norrin taking 9-10/10 to be ludicrous.

Norrin was trading attacks with a full out, running Runner, and was only marginally slower.

I can't see Adam doing the same.

Giving Adam the benefit of the doubt as it is that he could tag Surfer off the board and beat him up some if he gets too close, but I definitely think Surfer has the capability to just keep outmaneuvering on the board and firing off with the Power Cosmic.

batdude123
Norrin was trading attacks with a full out, running Runner, and was only marginally slower.

I can't see Adam doing the same.

Giving Adam the benefit of the doubt as it is that he could tag Surfer off the board and beat him up some if he gets too close, but I definitely think Surfer has the capability to just keep outmaneuvering on the board and firing off with the Power Cosmic.

Honestly though, Runner's top speed feats aren't as impressive as most seem to make them out to be.

It's fine if you feel Surfer wins a majority of the time. That's not my point of contention.

Blanket
O rly?

OUCH!

*insert pic of Thor getting KO'ed by a rifle round*

batdude123
http://img412.imageshack.us/img412/9806/blackpanther08p12ig1.jpg

Blanket
http://i47.tinypic.com/2wbuhya.jpg

Ambient
hahahaha!!

Fak.. lol freaking fell down my chair..

Rage.Of.Olympus
*cough* Mexicans *cough* Kree Blasters *cough*

http://img412.imageshack.us/img412/9806/blackpanther08p12ig1.jpg

http://i779.photobucket.com/albums/yy73/R-O-G/Superfail6.jpg

Still, I'll always hate Busiek for that incident.

Rage.Of.Olympus
*insert pic of Thor getting KO'ed by a rifle round*

I reported you and Batdude for trolling by the way.

Blanket
I reported you and Batdude for trolling by the way.

Hopefully you don't get banned like AC did then.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Hopefully you don't get banned like AC did then.

AC has been banned too? Lol. What happened?

Can we let Kris back in then? I wish we could trade warnings etc. I haven't even received an official warning as far as I know.

Spire
Still, I'll always hate Busiek for that incident.

Don't blame Busiek and Priest for reading JIM 100...

http://i603.photobucket.com/albums/tt112/Spire84/th_ForRage.jpg

Thanks Stan.

psycho gundam
the thor pic was FAAARR more embarrassing than that superman one.
i've laughed every time i've seen it, true story. it's the look on his face or something *shrugs*

Blanket
AC has been banned too? Lol. What happened?

Can we let Kris back in then? I wish we could trade warnings etc. I haven't even received an official warning as far as I know. AC was trolling, and then reported someone for responding to him. Permaban.

Me neither...

Rage.Of.Olympus
AC was trolling, and then reported someone for responding to him. Permaban.

Me neither...

Lol. That's pretty ironic.

Good man. thumb up

Rage.Of.Olympus
i've laughed every time i've seen it, true story. it's the look on his face or something *shrugs*

That issue still pisses me off till this day.

Wasn't Black Panther's human security guard going toe to toe with Thor in that same issue? He was like Captain America level physically as I recall. I've tried my best to wipe it from memory. It was really....facepalm worthy.

I could dig up embarrassing scans of Clark a good bit worse than that but that implies I actually care enough to find the issues and scan them. I don't.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Don't blame Busiek and Priest for reading JIM 100...

http://i603.photobucket.com/albums/tt112/Spire84/th_ForRage.jpg

Thanks Stan.

Kurt Busiek will never relent the Thor being vulnerable to bullets argument. I had a conversation with him like a few months ago, and even when I posted 7 scans that prove Thor is bulletproof in contrast to that single one, he still wouldn't relent. I don't think he ever will. As long as he doesn't write Thor being penetrated by bullets, I'm perfectly fine with him keeping that opinion but at this point it seems silly. Even Ares is bulletproof now.

I'll admit, Thor did seem to be scared off bullets there. It really wasn't something Stan made clear (Whether or not Thor was bulletproof.) back in the JIM's days. I certainly wouldn't have been surprised if he wasn't bulletproof. He seemed to just forget about the issue as time went along and I don't think Thor vs. bullets was ever truly brought up later into his run.

Some have made the argument that it was Thor's still human mentality that made him fear the bullets but I call straw grasping on that. Thor willingly strapped himself to a nuclear level weapon for an experiment back then.

quanchi112
I love how people are trying to make sense of this all like it's one guy carefully telling us these stories when it's various writers who differ with just about everything when it comes to power, durability, etc. for these characters.

One writer can have Superman overcome k-nite while one can have him at death's door whe he comes into contact with it just like one writer can have bullets bounce off Thor's package while another takes away any chances of him starting a family.

Spire
Kurt Busiek will never relent the Thor being vulnerable to bullets argument. I had a conversation with him like a few months ago, and even when I posted 7 scans that prove Thor is bulletproof in contrast to that single one, he still wouldn't relent. I don't think he ever will. As long as he doesn't write Thor being penetrated by bullets, I'm perfectly fine with him keeping that opinion but at this point it seems silly. Even Ares is bulletproof now.

I'll admit, Thor did seem to be scared off bullets there. It really wasn't something Stan made clear (Whether or not Thor was bulletproof.) back in the JIM's days. I certainly wouldn't have been surprised if he wasn't bulletproof. He seemed to just forget about the issue as time went along and I don't think Thor vs. bullets was ever truly brought up later into his run.

Some have made the argument that it was Thor's still human mentality that made him fear the bullets but I call straw grasping on that. Thor willingly strapped himself to a nuclear level weapon for an experiment back then.

Wait, you trolled Kurt Busiek?

Hahaha.

I say both comfortably, and reasonably, Stan made it clear Thor wasn't bulletproof.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by quanchi112
I love how people are trying to make sense of this all like it's one guy carefully telling us these stories when it's various writers who differ with just about everything when it comes to power, durability, etc. for these characters.

One writer can have Superman overcome k-nite while one can have him at death's door whe he comes into contact with it just like one writer can have bullets bounce off Thor's package while another takes away any chances of him starting a family.

I'm certain I've seen Superman dodging bullets while he said they were dangerous or something similar in the past. I need to find that comic. I'll dig for it sometime. It would certainly shut up a lot of people. Hopefully it's not an Elseworld tale and no Kryptonite/Red Solar Radiation was involved.

Rage.Of.Olympus

Hahaha.

I say both comfortably, and reasonably, Stan made it clear Thor wasn't bulletproof.

Trolled? Lol.

The conversation started when I asked him if he had any future projects in Marvel. He stated that there was some shit in the works. It went on and on untils omehow it got to Thor (I think some other poster on the board brought him up.). Then it got down to Thor's bullet resistance and escalated from there. It was inevitable I guess. I believe I still have one of the earlier emails he sent to me still in my inbox.

If you think so, sure. I really don't care whether or not Thor was bulletproof in the 60's.

cdtm
So do you think Shazam's lightning could hurt SS as well?

Would he feel it? probably.

But no, I don't think it would injure him.

cdtm

The Supes pic is actually kind of awesome.. embarrasment

When did it happen, and is the skewering what actually killed him? And for that matter, what's he skewered on...?

Spire
Trolled? Lol.

The conversation started when I asked him if he had any future projects in Marvel. He stated that there was some shit in the works. It went on and on untils omehow it got to Thor (I think some other poster on the board brought him up.). Then it got down to Thor's bullet resistance and escalated from there. It was inevitable I guess. I believe I still have one of the earlier emails he sent to me still in my inbox.

If you think so, sure. I really don't care whether or not Thor was bulletproof in the 60's.

Don't lie. It was your plan all along.

So are you guys like friends and stuff? Or would you stab him in an alley?

cdtm

Hahaha.

Yes, but Superman was also established as merely leaping tall buildings in a single bound. stick out tongue

Times change, for better or worse. (Or much worse, if you're Darkseid.)

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>