How many Wolverine claw swipes can these ppl take?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

D_Dude1210
Wolverine is bloodlusted and is unleashed against the list of characters below. One at a time. They need to last as long as they can with him slashing with his claws wildly. They have standard gear. They MAY NOT fight back and they may not dodge the claws. They may, however, block the onslaught with any body part that they are able to put between the claws and their vitals. They are not allowed to use ANY of their gear defensively (so WW can't use her bracelets here).

How many hits do you think they'll take until they either die or get KOd from blood loss?

-Blade
-Ms Marvel
-Drax the Destroyer (current)
-Namor
-Wonderwoman
-Ares
-Thor
-Colossus

Q99
Ok, so no bracers, but can block with arms, legs, etc.? WW can probably take a dozen or so, Thor similarly. Namor, maybe 8-10, Drax 6-8, Ares too, and maybe Ms. Marvel as well. Blade's going to get maybe 2-3 at best.

Colossus, well he doesn't bleed out or get particularly cut, so he might take the most even over people who are technically tougher. 18-20, let's say.

srankmissingnin
One direct hit should do it for most of them. Blade, Ms. Marvel, Namor and current Drax are going to lose what ever body part they try and block with. Wonder Woman and Thor may be lucky enough to stop the first attack or two at the bone, but not much more than that against a continual assault. The potential blood lose from a single attack should get them all (save Colossus who usually doesn't bleed or require any bodily functions while in his organic steel form) after a few minutes, but I don't know if that counts since the will still be able to fight while they bleed out depending on where he connects.

kgkg
ONE!

Q99
Originally posted by srankmissingnin
One direct hit should do it for most of them. Blade, Ms. Marvel, Namor and current Drax are going to lose what ever body part they try and block with. Wonder Woman and Thor may be lucky enough to stop the first attack or two at the bone, but not much more than that against a continual assault. The potential blood lose from a single attack should get them all (save Colossus who usually doesn't bleed or require any bodily functions while in his organic steel form) after a few minutes, but I don't know if that counts since the will still be able to fight while they bleed out depending on where he connects.

I figure they can deflect somewhat with the body part, especially if it's tough, and it's 'wildly,' so I'm assuming nothing but non-vital hits pretty much.

Both Thor and WW have something of fast-healing too, so blood loss won't get them until they've gotten several nasty wounds.

Hm, does depend on how long between swipes. If Wolvie waits longer between each one, the total number drops due to weakening from blood loss. If they're rapid fire, then the number may be up around my guesses.

Konton
I can't remember exactly how it was depicted, but Circe fried Diana down to a skeleton at one point and she was still in action. She can tank A LOT before dying. I'd say he'd have to decapitate her.

KingD19
Thor himself said he couldn't take too many claw swipes from Wolverine without it getting ugly.

WW is all about blunt force trauma, slicing and piercing is not her forte, she goes down really quick.

Blade/Marvel/Drax take somewhere between 2-5 hits before they die.

Ares is the same as Thor.

Not sure about Namor.

Colossus takes the most hits.

Q99
Originally posted by KingD19
Thor himself said he couldn't take too many claw swipes from Wolverine without it getting ugly.

WW is all about blunt force trauma, slicing and piercing is not her forte, she goes down really quick.

She gets cut, but she's still got a lot of endurance about lasting through injuries, and the wounds stop bleeding fast. Cheetah's her main enemy, after all, she gets sliced up a lot.

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by Q99
I figure they can deflect somewhat with the body part, especially if it's tough, and it's 'wildly,' so I'm assuming nothing but non-vital hits pretty much.

Both Thor and WW have something of fast-healing too, so blood loss won't get them until they've gotten several nasty wounds.

Hm, does depend on how long between swipes. If Wolvie waits longer between each one, the total number drops due to weakening from blood loss. If they're rapid fire, then the number may be up around my guesses.

None of them are going to deflect his claws with any of their body parts, the only question is how much penetration his claws get on each of them. Thor, Wonder Woman and maybe Ares (but I don't think so), might get lucky enough for their bones to stop his claws from further penetration initially, but the rest of them (other than Colossus) we are looking at clean through, with basically no hindrance. If his claws connect the momentum is going to send his claws clean through the full 12 inches of penetration with what ever he connects with. Remember they aren't allowed to move so the can't roll with his blows. The can only meat them head on and try to block them, no evasion what-so-ever. And one shot on Blade will cut clean through his entire body, both his arms if he puts them up to block and completely though his torso behind them, he is defiantly not taking more than one.

There are arteries in the arms, if he hits one or takes the arm clean off, thats a death without some outside intervention to close the wound.

Q99
No rolling with blows? Ah yea, that'll end them fast.

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by Q99
No rolling with blows? Ah yea, that'll end them fast.

I just assumed so since they can't dodge them or fight back. /shrug

CosmicComet

Is she made of rubber or something? bangin

Her usual durability status has always puzzled the hell out of me. How do you take so many hits from Superman yet still have to block some piercing rounds that would have nowhere near the PSI that a Superman punch would deliver?

No. Damn. Sense.

Q99
Originally posted by CosmicComet
Is she made of rubber or something? bangin

Her usual durability status has always puzzled the hell out of me. How do you take so many hits from Superman yet still have to block some piercing rounds that would have nowhere near the PSI that a Superman punch would deliver?

No. Damn. Sense.

Yea, it doesn't make sense (though she can still handle bullets basically fine- they just sting rather than deal damage. It really requires blades and points). Her bones are still really tough, her skin and flesh simply, for some reason, cuts easier, despite shrugging stuff of far more PSI.

And Thor has the same thing! Or at least did in the classic days.

It's some weird myth thing in comics.

D_Dude1210
They can only block, no "rolling with blows" because that can constitute a dodge if done right. They're basically nearly prone and just continually blocking the claw attacks with whatever body parts they can put between themselves and their vitals.

And yes, there won't be enough time to bleed out. Wolverine will be slashing in rapid succession.

D_Dude1210
My estimates would be:

-Blade 2-3
-Ms Marvel 6-8
-Drax the Destroyer (current) 4-6
-Namor 5-6
-Wonderwoman 8-10
-Ares 8-10
-Thor 10-12 (due to armor)
-Colossus 20+

cdtm
Wish Lobo was in this. Wolverine can disembowel him, and he'd still be cracking jokes..

Pretty much the only character on the list who can take more than half a dozen attacks is Colossus.

Gecko4lif
Neither thor nor wonderwoman should be hurt by this

AsbestosFlaygon
Colossus: 30+

The rest: 1

Psychopath001
-Blade: Two or three

-Ms Marvel: Wolverine doesn't have the physical strength it would take to do lethal damage to her

-Drax the Destroyer: Eight or Nine

-Namor: Wolverine doesn't have the physical strength it would take to cut through his skin

-Wonderwoman: (Without bracers, I give her four max)

-Ares: Four or Five

-Thor: Wolverine doesn't have the physical strength it would take to cut through his skin

-Colossus: I'm not even sure how this would work exactly, considering what Colossus' skin can be covered with

((Adamantium claws wouldn't really mean much in these situations since Wolverine's strength is barely above human level, and just because a child has an axe in his hand doesn't mean he has the strength to cut down a tree))

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by Psychopath001
-Blade: Two or three

-Ms Marvel: Wolverine doesn't have the physical strength it would take to do lethal damage to her

-Drax the Destroyer: Eight or Nine

-Namor: Wolverine doesn't have the physical strength it would take to cut through his skin

-Wonderwoman: (Without bracers, I give her four max)

-Ares: Four or Five

-Thor: Wolverine doesn't have the physical strength it would take to cut through his skin

-Colossus: I'm not even sure how this would work exactly, considering what Colossus' skin can be covered with

((Adamantium claws wouldn't really mean much in these situations since Wolverine's strength is barely above human level, and just because a child has an axe in his hand doesn't mean he has the strength to cut down a tree))

Wolverine's already cut and stabbed Namor and Thor.

Beast said his claws are sharper than any scalpel he's ever wielded. Plus, it was stated on panel they were honed so keen they'd cut through anything.

Barely above human lv strength? Holding an elevator full of people in one hand tells me something different.

Psychopath001
Honestly, Wolverine cutting through Namor and Thor's skin is nothing short of PIS. And I do believe it is barely above human strength, and by human strength I dont mean average strength, I mean peak strength.

Iron Man has fired a blast hot enough to melt half a car. The same blast sent at Namor and all it does is knock him back, then Wolverine comes along and slashes that same guy? Come on, that's PIS and you know it.

StiltmanFTW
Honestly, Wolverine cutting through Namor and Thor's skin is nothing short of PIS. And I do believe it is barely above human strength, and by human strength I dont mean average strength, I mean peak strength.

Iron Man has fired a blast hot enough to melt half a car. The same blast sent at Namor and all it does is knock him back, then Wolverine comes along and slashes that same guy? Come on, that's PIS and you know it.

His claws were always written that way. Can't see the problem.

Withstanding Tony's blasts ain't a good enough durability feat to suggest he wouldn't get sliced by indestructible blades that are super-sharp and less than one millimetre thick.

Besides, the feat you're talking about, that's a different kind of durability and it should be noted that Namor's absorbed and redirected energy in the past. What are his piercing durability feats? Bullets bounce off him, I know that. Wolverine never had much problem with slicing bulletproof characters, vehicles, robots, doors, etc. What else?

amnesia
Wolverine can 1 shot all of them. This includes colossus. (Thor have better durability then colossus, he withstood the doomsday bomb)

Wild Shadow
i concur

Warlord
I guess if wolvie gets a free shot on their neck to stab them not slash them he could kill them. no one is really indestructable like adamantium.
This would include the likes of Superman or Black Adam from DC.

the only characters I see having no troubles from such a blow would be Juggernaut the destroyer etc...

Colossus-Big C
he is not stabbing he is slashing so colossus would take the most before getting killed

Wild Shadow
slashing also involves a stabbing motion at the start of the action between him and the character..look at how his claws are build slightly curved at the point.. those points cut in and help with the slash.. no reason that he can get a good 6 to 12 inches deep in a slashing motion..

D_Dude1210
Answers sure vary wildly on what Wolverine's claws can cut thru. Some ppl say one while others say much more than that...

Psychopath001
I say wolverine is VASTLY -and I don't use that word lightly- VASTLY overrated.

Lord_Talron
his claws however are not.

Q99
Funny thing is, in real life just being very hard shouldn't make them act like lightsabers. They'd realistically cut about as well as steel, just with no chance of being damaged.

Wild Shadow
what if in real life the razor edge was sharpen down to the nano point and was harder then any diamond and denser?

KingD19
Originally posted by amnesia
Wolverine can 1 shot all of them. This includes colossus. (Thor have better durability then colossus, he withstood the doomsday bomb)

wasn't Colossus the least damaged when Doom or somebody else had the power of a god and killed them all? Including Thor and Hulk.

Rage.Of.Olympus
wasn't Colossus the least damaged when Doom or somebody else had the power of a god and killed them all? Including Thor and Hulk.

The second least as he transformed the moment the blast hit them.

The fact that Reed Richard's was the least damaged proves that surviving that blast in less pieces than the rest is not a feat based solely on how tough you are though.

As I recall, Doom subconsciously influenced the events, allowing them to turn out as they did.

You're going too much into real world physics. The claws can cut through anything because the metal is indestructible and the blades are very sharp and in marvel, and comics in general, that's enough.

Battlehammer
I say wolverine is VASTLY -and I don't use that word lightly- VASTLY overrated.
and I say your a IGNORANT putz and I dont uses that word lightly-IGNORANT.

SamZED
laughing out loud

Q99
Originally posted by Wild Shadow
what if in real life the razor edge was sharpen down to the nano point and was harder then any diamond and denser?

Still wouldn't do. Real life obsidian has an almost mono-molecular point, and thus while it's one of the sharpest cutting edges on the planet, it still can't slice plenty of stuff.

Since the blades get thicker past the edge, there's resistance that has to be pushed through no matter how fine the edge is.

Hardness and density don't directly increase the cutting power at all, they just allow one to put more strength into pushing through the substance.

Parmaniac
Originally posted by Battlehammer
and I say your a IGNORANT putz and I dont uses that word lightly-IGNORANT. What's a putz?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.