SWTOR continues dicking up Continuity

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Dr McBeefington
Wow, can they dick up continuity any more? Unless it's a clone of the original emperor, then the storyline gets dumber and dumber. In the ancient sith empire, the only "Sith Lords" were actual Sith species, not humans. Yea, it's obvious these writers didn't read any previous star wars material.

http://www.swtor.com/media/webcomics/blood-of-the-empire/act1?comicpage=15

Lord Lucien
He's listed as "humanoid" on Wookiee. His apprentice looks like Sith. The red skin and all. Too bad for the comics they couldn't keep with the ugly, mutated-looking Ancients.

This Old Republic franchise is going to effectively kill Star Wars, for me at least. We thought the NJO et al. were bad; this new project is shitting all over anything the writers can think of. Like they sat down one day and listed off a bunch ways to rehash and regurgitate everything that made the series awesome. Money-hungry f*cks.

truejedi
Old Republic Franchise will not be able to have anything be canon until they get it out of the world of gameplay though.

REXXXX
Whine whine complain whine. It's a video game, it's not ruining all of Star Wars forever and ever. It is a very glaring flaw, however, I will agree with you there.

I'm guessing that they will reveal that his secret to immortality is akin to what Bane tried in Dynasty of Evil, and what Palpatine does with his clones.

Q99
Didn't old Sith interbreed with darksider humans and others?

Couldn't he have been one of the humans who joined the Sith Empire in a similar manner to XoXaan and Muur?

Lord Lucien
XoXaan and Muur and Ajunta Pall were the original Exiles. The Sith Empire they founded lasted for 1,900 years. That's 500 years longer than the Sith Emperor's age.

Q99
Originally posted by Lord Lucien
XoXaan and Muur and Ajunta Pall were the original Exiles. The Sith Empire they founded lasted for 1,900 years. That's 500 years longer than the Sith Emperor's age.

Yea, but doesn't that leave their descendants or later defectors to be the Sith Emperor?

Lord Lucien
Yeah that's what he is. I'm just saying there's no way the Emperor's one of the original Exiles. He'd be... math... 3,300 years old at least.

Dr McBeefington
Like I said, these writers haven't read any other star wars material.

REXXXX
Or at least they've skimmed it lightly, enough to know that there were other wars in Star Wars prior to their game...

SithAce_1
I've done some timeline research by the swtor he is about 1300 years old and by my checking the databank sith blog that puts him back to the lost tribe timeline. Even Naga Sadow's time period.

Q99
Originally posted by Lord Lucien
Yeah that's what he is. I'm just saying there's no way the Emperor's one of the original Exiles. He'd be... math... 3,300 years old at least.

Ok, but at his known age, being human or part-human seems like it'd be possible to me.

Dr McBeefington
Originally posted by Q99
Ok, but at his known age, being human or part-human seems like it'd be possible to me.

Yea, not even Yoda lived that long and the sith species aren't meant to live that long either. The only logical outcome is that it was a clone body, or the Emperor spoke through Sinead O'Conner.

truejedi
Who is the guy from DOE that ran away with the secret of eternal life? What was his name?

Dr McBeefington
Originally posted by truejedi
Who is the guy from DOE that ran away with the secret of eternal life? What was his name? set harth

Lord Lucien
I saw Star Destroyers in the background of the comic's cover art. Anyone else get the feeling that the writers all just have a hard-on for a situation where Jedi out-an-out fight the Galactic Empire? They've copied a lot.

truejedi
so, Set Harth can be used at ANY time as a villian. He could even have been the guy manipulating Abeloth. Heck, he could be Krayt.

Dr McBeefington
Yes, these writers straight up took the blue prints for the Galactic Empire, and threw it in their game.

SithAce_1
Just researching a little found this:

"Finally, one Sith Lord took his forces and retreated to the Unknown Regions where they would bide their time, and wait. These True Sith later known to be the survived Sith Empire apparently still held on to Malachor V as a teaching center." This was after the Sadow's war on the republic.

And this just after the defeat of Exar Kun:

"The Old Sith Empire continued to survive in obscurity in the unknown regions, still lead by the same Sith Lord who had escaped the Empire's destruction centuries before during the Great Hyperspace War."

So to who and what the new Emporer is, is to be revealed in game and on the swtor website. But from what I can tell there is a lot of room in star wars for this new myth. Remember no one knew who anyone was back in 1977! Hell I was only 5yrs. old then. I think its the creators and the fans who shape this whole thing called star wars.

Ms.Marvel
more important question than the ones raised so far:

who cares? no expression

Galan007
so, Set Harth can be used at ANY time as a villian. He could even have been the guy manipulating Abeloth. Heck, he could be Krayt. They'd really have to muck with continuity to add in that little gem.

Nephthys
so, Set Harth can be used at ANY time as a villian. He could even have been the guy manipulating Abeloth. Heck, he could be Krayt.

That really reminds me of this:

http://www.darthsanddroids.net/episodes/0240.html

http://www.darthsanddroids.net/episodes/0411.html

Naturally, latching on to such a cool concept is way above SW writers.

REXXXX
Originally posted by Ms.Marvel
more important question than the ones raised so far:

who cares? no expression

A certain audience of Star Wars fans...? It's surprising how apathetic you are about the subjects in this area when you post.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.