Green Lanterns Vs. Heralds

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

celeyhyga17
Each lantern's rings are at full capacity at the start of the fight. Lets settle this once and for all. This is standard Morg w/o WoL.

Green Lanterns

Ion - Sodam Yat
Hal Jordan
John Stewart
Kyle Rayner
Guy Gardner
Kilowog

Vs.

Heralds

Silver Surfer
Morg
Firelord
Stardust
Red Shift
Terrax

Black bolt z
IDK my BFF jill.

JakeTheBank
Lanterns

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Lanterns

oooh... interesting... I'm guessing you think Yat tips the scale to the lanterns?

cdtm
If Yat could use his powers worth a damn, the GL's may have a shot. But he couldn't even take out Mongul...

Surfer is >>>>> Mongul, even a Mongul with 10 rings. (Besides, rings work on willpower, so the number of rings really shouldn't matter.. Even "emotion" based rings should have a willpower element, since will's basically necessary for action... I mean, how does one use fear to match a GL's power beam? Not like you're gonna try making yourself scared to increase your beams power..)

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by cdtm
If Yat could use his powers worth a damn, the GL's may have a shot. But he couldn't even take out Mongul...

Surfer is >>>>> Mongul, even a Mongul with 10 rings. (Besides, rings work on willpower, so the number of rings really shouldn't matter.. Even "emotion" based rings should have a willpower element, since will's basically necessary for action... I mean, how does one use fear to match a GL's power beam? Not like you're gonna try making yourself scared to increase your beams power..)

Yes and yes! Sodam has tremendous potential. Maybe we'll see more in the future.

cdtm
Originally posted by celeyhyga17
Yes and yes! Sodam has tremendous potential. Maybe we'll see more in the future.

Was thinking, Yats been just hanging out in a sun all this time.

And what happens to Superman when he hangs out in a sun for only a little while?

JakeTheBank
We've not seen the last of Yat/Ion. Especially not with this arc with some former Guardian being trying to capture the emotional entities.

celeyhyga17
We've not seen the last of Yat/Ion. Especially not with this arc with some former Guardian being trying to capture the emotional entities.

It would be nice to see him do something that makes the reader go "Holy Shiet. Did you see that??!??"

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by celeyhyga17
It would be nice to see him do something that makes the reader go "Holy Shiet. Did you see that??!??"

His death was supposed to be reminiscent of Hal/Parallax during Final Night. The arc itself was also dubbed Emerald Eclipse, which is a play on words of the GL arc Emerald Twilight.

I can't believe the Ion power would let him die rekindling a sun. Especially when Blue Lanterns rings have been shown deaging suns on their own.

Q99

I think it powers off of inflicting fear in others, and he did terrorize the entire planet of Daxam and much of the SC into following him.

cdtm
His death was supposed to be reminiscent of Hal/Parallax during Final Night. The arc itself was also dubbed Emerald Eclipse, which is a play on words of the GL arc Emerald Twilight.

I can't believe the Ion power would let him die rekindling a sun. Especially when Blue Lanterns rings have been shown deaging suns on their own.

It looked like he was alive though. You could see him in there when he first transformed it, and what's her name refers to him as if he's still alive.

Plus, there's Legion of Three Worlds. Yeah, Legion continuity changes all the time, but hopefully Johns wouldn't mess with his own continuity.

cdtm
Originally posted by Q99
I think it powers off of inflicting fear in others, and he did terrorize the entire planet of Daxam and much of the SC into following him.

That's how it gets it's power, but you'd still need will to create constructs and power beams and such, and affect the power level of said effects. Blue rings work around that by seemingly having an "semi auto" function, where it responds to the wearers and targets desires/needs.

celeyhyga17
It looked like he was alive though. You could see him in there when he first transformed it, and what's her name refers to him as if he's still alive.

Plus, there's Legion of Three Worlds. Yeah, Legion continuity changes all the time, but hopefully Johns wouldn't mess with his own continuity.

haha yeah. alive and well with the ugliest looking haircut in existence.
looked like a really really bad mohawk.

rader
I don't know much about DC, but I've heard lantern rings are comparable to Power Cosmic, but most also claim that Silver Surfer is one of the top tier High Heralds. I also remember that he needed help from others to stop Morg. I'll side with the heralds, if only because I'm a Marvel fanboy.

Q99
That's how it gets it's power, but you'd still need will to create constructs and power beams and such, and affect the power level of said effects. Blue rings work around that by seemingly having an "semi auto" function, where it responds to the wearers and targets desires/needs.

But they just need to be able to direct it, the will doesn't have to fuel it like it does a Green ring.

Any color ring requires some will to run, but someone with, say, a ton of rage but only enough will to run a green ring at low lantern levels, can still probably pull the max power out of a red ring.

Mongul I would think has more than enough will to handle that component of the job, and inspired enough fear for them too.

Slaanesh
Lantern win this..Yat is the most powerful here..

BlackZero30x

indeed...and it drew now power from them...they were still 100% after that

but anyways still Ion/yat is not good enough for this fight currently though

Wild Shadow
marvel easily stomp once one exploits a weakness the others will follow suit

cdtm
Originally posted by BlackZero30x
indeed...and it drew now power from them...they were still 100% after that

but anyways still Ion/yat is not good enough for this fight currently though

Yeah, the blue rings are on another level from most colors. It was the only color to really break Agent Oranges giant construct too.

If Johns didn't make them total pacifists, they'd probably about as dominant in DC as Surfer is in Marvel..

BlackZero30x
Yeah, the blue rings are on another level from most colors. It was the only color to really break Agent Oranges giant construct too.

If Johns didn't make them total pacifists, they'd probably about as dominant in DC as Surfer is in Marvel..

well yea i honestly think that the blue lanterns have the potential to be the strongest beings in the DCU....weather they would use it or not most likely not lol

of all the lanterns (white aside) i think the blue could topple the rest if they wanted to

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.