Gene vs Shin Akuma

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

danteiscool
Gene with all moves and both god hands vs Shin Akuma.

which of these beasts win?

CosmicComet
Gene from Godhand?

Akuma gets punched to the moon.

No End N Site
Gene takes it, not super easily, but he will. Gene is one of the few who has been put in a Akuma thread, who actually wouldn't be Dr.Manhattaned in a single punch.

Anyone who isn't aware that Amaterasu isn't a regular dog is made of win.
http://img299.imageshack.us/img299/8616/okamigh.jpg
This is official artwork BTW.

First_Tsurugi06
Originally posted by CosmicComet
Gene from Godhand?

Akuma gets punched to the moon.

Hell, Ball Buster oughta get the job done.

Demonic Phoenix
Originally posted by No End N Site
http://img299.imageshack.us/img299/8616/okamigh.jpg
This is official artwork BTW.

Understandable, seeing as both games were made by the same company.
Sucks that Platinum Games isn't developing Okamiden. Sucks even more that said game is on the DS.

~ That said, is Amaterasu allowed in VS. threads? She's only inspired by Shinto Amaterasu I think.

No End N Site
Originally posted by Demonic Phoenix
Understandable, seeing as both games were made by the same company.
Sucks that Platinum Games isn't developing Okamiden. Sucks even more that said game is on the DS.

~ That said, is Amaterasu allowed in VS. threads? She's only inspired by Shinto Amaterasu I think.

I hear many good things about Okami. I still aint played it, tho. What makes these to games even more similar, as far as the company that owns'em is, the guys in Platinum Games made God Hand too.

Demonic Phoenix
I hear many good things about Okami. I still aint played it, tho. What makes these to games even more similar, as far as the company that owns'em is, the guys in Platinum Games made God Hand too.

It's an excellent game. About the only two cons it has would be the length of some of the cutscenes (coupled with the text dialogue and scrambled audio speech), and the game lacking much of a challenge.
Also, it contains a rather humourous reference to the Shun Goku Satsu. 313
It's pretty long to boot. My first playthrough, 100 hours at least; no joke. Mostly because I was searching for everything and trying to earn a lot of Yen.

Yeah. Back then, they were a part of Clover Studios (the company that made the two games).

~ Amaterasu's galaxy spinning feat screams hilarious PIS, but it's still something I'd like to throw at certain fanbois here. evilgrin

First_Tsurugi06
Okami is definitely a classic among instant classics. The Shun goku satsu is defiitely a ftw reference.

And I always thought that picture was meant to suggest some kind of cameo in the actual game.

No End N Site
Originally posted by Demonic Phoenix
It's an excellent game. About the only two cons it has would be the length of some of the cutscenes (coupled with the text dialogue and scrambled audio speech), and the game lacking much of a challenge.
Also, it contains a rather humourous reference to the Shun Goku Satsu. 313
It's pretty long to boot. My first playthrough, 100 hours at least; no joke. Mostly because I was searching for everything and trying to earn a lot of Yen.

Yeah. Back then, they were a part of Clover Studios (the company that made the two games).

~ Amaterasu's galaxy spinning feat screams hilarious PIS, but it's still something I'd like to throw at certain fanbois here. evilgrin

Sounds good, I'm gonna be lookin' around for it. I love Clover Studios/Platinum Games. I can't believe the game has the potential to be that long, though.

CosmicComet
Originally posted by First_Tsurugi06
Hell, Ball Buster oughta get the job done.

What was that again? ...It's not some self explanatory move name is it?

No End N Site
Yup.

First_Tsurugi06
Originally posted by CosmicComet
What was that again? ...It's not some self explanatory move name is it?

@ 1:00
8QvCqMK7x0s

They have GOT to put this son of a ***** in MvC3

Demonic Phoenix
Sounds good, I'm gonna be lookin' around for it. I love Clover Studios/Platinum Games. I can't believe the game has the potential to be that long, though.

If you have a Wii, you could easily get a copy of Okami. If not, you could probably find a copy of the PS2 version on Amazon. Under $20 I think.

Yeah; it can be much longer to be honest, since you have the ability to advance the plot at your own choosing, outside of a few instances (all these occur long before you get to the final boss).

Though I'd say, there's about 40-50 hours of gameplay in there. 30 for your second play-through.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.