Who's power will you take?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

D_Dude1210
You are given the option of being given all the powers of the characters listed below. One catch, however, you inherit a flaw that the same character posseses. With this, w/c of the character's powers below would you chose to have?

-The Surfer's powers but you inherit his emo back during the Kirby era as well as his pacifism.
-Superman's powers but you will be required to act just as much as a boy scout as he was during his PC years as well as always having the problem of almost all your enemies having your deadliest weakness in their possesion.
-Thor's powers. But you live 80% of the time as a crippled doctor because you are made to prefer it that way.
-Wonder Woman. But you'll have to be a girl.

So... who's powers will you chose?

Parmaniac
Originally posted by D_Dude1210

-Thor's powers. But you live 80% of the time as a crippled doctor because you are made to prefer it that way.
Where's the disadvantage if I was made to prefer it?
laughing

Q99
Hm, Wonder Woman's not really a flaw and probably the best, but I can understand most people not wanting their bodies altered that much.

Surfer's pacifism wouldn't be a problem in RL, but the emo... yeah.

It'd suck for all the kryptonite to be around as SM.

Thor, you'll get Doctor House jokes constantly, which may or may not be a problem. A bum leg isn't all that bad honestly.

WW and Thor are the two obvious choices.

Slaanesh
i'll take surfer..with surfer awesome power..i don't mind being a pacifism..

Martian_mind
Wonder Woman.

Step 1: Buy Webcam
Step 2: ?
Step 3: Profit!!!

SamZED
One catch, however, you inherit a flaw the same character posseses.

Oh snap! laughing

marwash22
Wonder Woman.

I'd be the biggest lesbo ever...

Blanket
Originally posted by Q99
Hm, Wonder Woman's not really a flaw and probably the best I wouldn't want to be at the bottom of society. srug

Q99
Originally posted by Blanket
I wouldn't want to be at the bottom of society. srug

She's not exactly working at a 7-11 (unless she wants to for the fun of it). Remember, charisma is literally part of her power set thanks to Aphrodite, and she's got wisdom (Athena) and physical talent (Artemis) in spades too, so you wanna write a book? Become an Olympic athlete even in mortal form? Easy to do. Plus, y'know, the massive power.

I mean, women in general tend be at a minor disadvantage in society depending on the area being discussed, but it's not that big, women succeed big all the time, and she's Wonder Woman!

Any glass ceilings can pretty much be destroyed by looking at it funny.

Really, of all the problems one might have in getting a new female body, I would not say that'd be one of them smile

Mindship
You are given the option of being given all the powers of the characters listed below. One catch, however, you inherit a flaw that the same character posseses. With this, w/c of the character's powers below would you chose to have?

-The Surfer's powers but you inherit his emo back during the Kirby era as well as his pacifism.I believe Surfer's emoism really started with Buscema, when Surfer had his first mag and was freshly trapped on Earth. Kirby's Surfer was more of an aloof observer / condescending griper.

In any event, PC for me. I'm already a pacifist but believe in carrying a big stick.

-Pr-
Originally posted by Q99
She's not exactly working at a 7-11 (unless she wants to for the fun of it). Remember, charisma is literally part of her power set thanks to Aphrodite, and she's got wisdom (Athena) and physical talent (Artemis) in spades too, so you wanna write a book? Become an Olympic athlete even in mortal form? Easy to do. Plus, y'know, the massive power.

I mean, women in general tend be at a minor disadvantage in society depending on the area being discussed, but it's not that big, women succeed big all the time, and she's Wonder Woman!

Really, of all the problems one might have in getting a new female body, I would not say that'd be one of them smile

it's the lack of a penis, to be honest.

D_Dude1210
Originally posted by Parmaniac
Where's the disadvantage if I was made to prefer it?

The fact that you'd only be Thor 20% of the time. wink

D_Dude1210
Originally posted by Mindship
I believe Surfer's emoism really started with Buscema, when Surfer had his first mag and was freshly trapped on Earth. Kirby's Surfer was more of an aloof observer / condescending griper.

You're right! I just went back and reviewed my oooooold issues and it WAS during Buscema's time. My memory of the artwork always made me think it was Kirby's work... O_o

Lord Feron
As superman I can like not be a super hero and I won't make any enemies at least right? not the type that would try and kill me.

So I'd be superman. If for some reason I have to have enemies...

I would be surfer. I can still defend myself and all that possibilities. End world hunger, cure disease physical/mental, create new technology or whatever.

Mindship
My memory of the artwork always made me think it was Kirby's work... O_o There have been some great renderings of Surfer since those days, but IMO, no one drew the Surfer like Kirby. Despite his lousy knowledge of muscle anatomy, Kirby still artistically imbued the Surfer with physical mass and power, along with stolid expressions of sympathy and arrogance.

Galan007
Originally posted by Q99

Really, of all the problems one might have in getting a new female body, I would not say that'd be one of them smile nopity

batdude123
Originally posted by Q99

Calm down, nvr.

the ninjak

So... who's powers will you chose?

1- So I get to be a talented surgeon who can choose his own hours?
2- And I get to walk around like a pimp with a cane?
3- I get a hot blond Kirby nurse who is infatuated with me?
4- My paycheck would be awesome and legal?
5- And 20% of the time I become someone with the abilities of Thor?

YES PLEASE!!!!

bobbi
Already a pacifist and already kinda emo so I'll take surfer.

Doctor-Alvis
Originally posted by Mindship
Kirby's Surfer was more of an aloof observer / condescending griper.
That's exactly how I am now.

the ninjak
Originally posted by Doctor-Alvis
That's exactly how I am now.

laughing true....but you have a sense of humour Surfer doesn't.

Q99
Originally posted by Galan007
nopity

Gonna do that every time I correct someone for saying something stupid? You'll need a lot of violins smile

We're in a debate forum, someone liking to correct errors shouldn't be *that* foreign a concept to you.

Johnny Sorrow
Wasn't PC Superman an enormous douchebag back in the day?

Spire
Originally posted by Q99
Gonna do that every time I correct someone for saying something stupid? You'll need a lot of violins smile

Pretty sure that was meant to be interpreted as a, "That was The devil went down to Georgia - level awesome of a post," that you posted.

BlackZero30x
maybe wonder women...because i can use the powers as i wish and id have things to keep me busy when im not fighting crime......

rotiart
Superman while powerful is limited and depending on the kryptonite I don't prefer losing my bodily functions eery time someone throws a little colored rock at me...

Thor while awesome woul prefer to bedonald Blake and can only be Thor 20% of the time... What if I really need thor but Its not my time of the month... Oops I'm dead.

Wonder woman... While powerful can still be made into a sex slave of zod or darkseid... charisma is a bane in that situation

surfer while a pacifist had access to powers like time travel during his early showings... Few people could come close to even harming the surfer... And there really was no limit to his godlike power back... Sure I may be a pacifist... But he does strike back eventually and when he does... It's on like donkey kong...

Q99
Originally posted by rotiart
Wonder woman... While powerful can still be made into a sex slave of zod or darkseid... charisma is a bane in that situation

She's honestly had not much trouble in that situation. Resistance to mind control, plus most kryptonians, being sub-Superman, will lose to her. Supergirl's been mind-controlled by Darkseid, but WW hasn't (btw, anyone else notice... he tends to go for teens? Kara, Mary Marvel... kinda gross).

Charisma also means she's good at talking herself out of trouble.

Hm, has Surfer ever ended up a mind-control slave? Thor, he's had Amora try it, and Superman has been too I'm pretty sure.

Didn't think of that one smile

Guess there's a couple violin metaphors to chose from.

Blair Wind
Originally posted by Lord Feron
I would be surfer. I can still defend myself and all that possibilities. End world hunger, cure disease physical/mental, create new technology or whatever.

This. Even as a pacifist, I can still change the world for the better. A lot of wars would end if there was resources for everyone.

Or I could start a business venture with new technology financed by gold.

Either way I win.

Johnny Sorrow
Originally posted by Q99
She's honestly had not much trouble in that situation. Resistance to mind control, plus most kryptonians, being sub-Superman, will lose to her. Supergirl's been mind-controlled by Darkseid, but WW hasn't (btw, anyone else notice... he tends to go for teens? Kara, Mary Marvel... kinda gross).

Charisma also means she's good at talking herself out of trouble.

Hm, has Surfer ever ended up a mind-control slave? Thor, he's had Amora try it, and Superman has been too I'm pretty sure.

DS likes 'em young and pretty. evil face

The Goddess, Skaar, etc. have mind-controlled Surfer.

SS. With that level of power, pacifism isn't an issue. Without CIS, one could neutralize any threat or opposition without violence.

Black bolt z
WW or SS.

rotiart
As to we being a slave... It's nit from mind control but a severe beatdown... Hence darkseid or zod were my picks not random cannon fodder kryptonian...

Bouboumaster
SS for SURE!

Pimping surboard, and my boss can roxx the planet.

Q99
As to we being a slave... It's nit from mind control but a severe beatdown... Hence darkseid or zod were my picks not random cannon fodder kryptonian...

Please. What makes you think you're any more vulnerable to that than Superman or Thor is?

And I'd take WW over Zod in a fight anyway (and I'd take WW to die fighting against someone like Darkseid anyway).

D_Dude1210
Originally posted by 753
SS. With that level of power, pacifism isn't an issue. Without CIS, one could neutralize any threat or opposition without violence.

Ah! True! But you'll also spend the next few hours wallowing in self-pity about how unfair and unkind the universe is.

Doctor-Alvis
Thor's actually doesn't sound too bad. How long would it really take for any of us cheapasses to solve a problem with Thor's powers? Especially if it was the real world. Plus you're a doctor with handicap parking.

rotiart
Originally posted by Q99
Please. What makes you think you're any more vulnerable to that than Superman or Thor is?

And I'd take WW over Zod in a fight anyway (and I'd take WW to die fighting against someone like Darkseid anyway).

so in a fight with zod your saying ww is better than Thor ss or superman...

Rightttt....

Q99
Btw, do we get the powers in our world, or are we sent to DC/Marvel?

so in a fight with zod your saying ww is better than Thor ss or superman...

Rightttt....

What? Nah, two separate comments- I think they could take Zod too, and none of them are remotely vulnerable to becoming sex slaves.

Hm, Thor and Di both have ways to travel between dimensions, so Kal's possibly the 'worst' off since he can't just ignore the whole thing, but really, I'm not sure why you're so worried about it to begin with. You, as you are now, are like a million times more vulnerable to becoming a sex slave than WW is. Do you walk around horribly concerned that you're going to be jumped, kidnapped, and turned into a sex slave? Because as a mortal human it could totally happen.

rotiart
Do u understand the whole comment is not s sex slave thing but that of the four she's the physical weakest. Are u really that dense?

Rage.Of.Olympus
I'm definitely not picking Diana. Why would I want to become even more inferior than I am now?

I'd pick either Norrin or Thor. Maybe Norrin. If I was him I wouldn't have to be wary of snipers.

Q99
Do u understand the whole comment is not s sex slave thing but that of the four she's the physical weakest. Are u really that dense?

Oh, well you chose a pretty odd way of expressing it, it wasn't very clear.

Couldn't you have just said "she's the physically the weakest"?

Sure, she's slightly the physically weakest. But (1) not really enough to matter against 98% of everything, and (2) she has a wide variety of abilities and gear to make up for it. Her lasso is the only mental power of the whole lot, able to in some circumstances deal with foes stronger than any of them (plus unlike Thor's or SM's powers have a lot of non-combat use), she has a vehicle that can dimension-travel, her bracers are the best defense as well as a magic bug-zapper, yadda yadda.

Wild Shadow
hmm.. being covered in silver like a hood ornament sounds cool.. but not having a penis might be a downer..

superman PC is that the one that was pretty racist with outdated beliefs and morality? if so f#@@ no and he is aputz i get killed the 1st time i lecture some one and they pull out kryptonite.

thor seems about right.. might be him..

WW i am not gay or have any transvestite fetish or wish to be a transexual so no to that one and in real life lets be honest no matter how powerful she may be she would eventually be captured beaten and raped.. besides she is the biggest comic character hypocrite in comicdom..

anyways its thor and if i can power down once in a while SS

Q99
Originally posted by Wild Shadow

WW i am not gay or have any transvestite fetish or wish to be a transexual so no to that one and in real life lets be honest no matter how powerful she may be she would eventually be captured beaten and raped.. besides she is the biggest comic character hypocrite in comicdom..

..... wut?

One, she's not a hypocrite. Two, what is wrong with you? No, no-one is going to rape Wonder Woman.

What kind of messed-up worldviews do some of you people live in? Not everything involving women is about rape or sex.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by Q99
Not everything involving women is about rape or sex.

Only the good stuff. Oh and kitchens/food.

Q99
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Only the good stuff. Oh and kitchens/food.

I know you're just trying to draw a reaction, but surely someone here must have something like a healthy worldview on gender relations?

Perhaps one of you in the back, hiding behind the bushes...?

Wild Shadow
Originally posted by Q99
..... wut?

One, she's not a hypocrite. Two, what is wrong with you? No, no-one is going to rape Wonder Woman.

What kind of messed-up worldviews do some of you people live in? Not everything involving women is about rape or sex. it would have bn funnier if you posted this with your post.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GtCOmVcsoj0

anyways have you read WW and her asinine lectures? when she told barda during a sparring match which had rules that one of them cheated and guess what wonderwoman was doing when she was lecturing and fighting her? thats right flying..

anyways bondage is her weakness and every DC WW fanboy knows her weakness and in the real world a villain more then likely would figure it out and being a criminal raping his tied up prisoner wouldnt be too far off his to do list especially when she looks like WW. i know it would be on mine especially if she bn screwing me over its a dominance thing..

Q99

anyways have you read WW and her asinine lectures? when she told barda during a sparring match which had rules that one of them cheated and guess what wonderwoman was doing when she was lecturing and fighting her? thats right flying..

No, she didn't say Barda cheated. Barda said if she didn't give WW a weapon at the start she would've won, WW implied that'd be an empty win, BB disagreed, they argued about it. Basically they were just debating whether a fight being fair matters or not, but no cheating was involved or accused by either side. Arguing Female Fury ethos vs Amazon ethos, in other words.

---
Wonder Woman when well-written is definitely not a hypocrite.

They got rid of that at the Crisis, if not sooner.

There was a not-that-look after the Crisis story where one of the villains tried, and her reaction was basically. "Huh, really? You're going to try and tie me up?" followed by breaking free and severe ass-wupping.

Seriously, that is not a health worldview. If you aren't just joking 'cause it's the net, then you have some stuff to work out.

Wild Shadow
hmm. lets see if i am a criminal robbing banks and she comes in and beats my guys and keeps screwing my master plans over and over.. i am going to try to kill her but if i simply injure her i am going to humiliate her.. helloooo i am a criminal. what do you think criminals do? especially a super villain that considers himself oh i dont know evil..

obviously they changed her weakness its DC for you that why i no longer buy anything of theirs since the 90's

D_Dude1210
Originally posted by Q99
I know you're just trying to draw a reaction, but surely someone here must have something like a healthy worldview on gender relations?

Back and bushes...! O_O

Q99
hmm. lets see if i am a criminal robbing banks and she comes in and beats my guys and keeps screwing my master plans over and over.. i am going to try to kill her but if i simply injure her i am going to humiliate her.. helloooo i am a criminal. what do you think criminals do? especially a super villain that considers himself oh i dont know evil..

When has trying to humiliate a captive not gotten someone's face beat by the Justice League/Avengers, the hero's allies, or the hero themselves when they break loose?

Heck- look at Dr. Light. Got mind-raped for decades, then when that wore off started becoming a target of opportunity that people, even villains, would do horrible things to just because they knew no-one would care.

Any remotely smart villain knows you get in less trouble just going for the kill.

Yea, this was changed in the mid-80s because it was a stupid weakness smile

(And it wasn't even just any bondage, there were specific conditions too)

Wild Shadow
http://www.hyperborea.org/journal/wp-content/uploads/2007/05/flash219m.jpg
http://www.arflovers.com/Blog/images/ww050108.jpg
http://www.myconfinedspace.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/06/wonder-woman-bound-500x760.jpg

http://cdn.idontlikeyouinthatway.com//blog/archives/wonderwoman2.jpg
http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/0/4/32506-3824-36256-1-wonder-woman_super.jpg

its no more stupid then her having puncture weakness and why she had her bracelets to block said attacks now its completely ignored.. same with her durability it was only suppose to activate when she is flying or running to protect her from friction and yet now she can apparently take heat vision to the face.. also another aspect of her durability was pressure and density again it only activated when she used her strength now if you look at her comics everything that made wonderwoman is completely ignored just so they can push her closer to superman lvl with no weakness.. BS.. i hope DC goes bankrupt sued and their crap goes to some anime manga company so they can completely trash it..
its amazing what you can find on google WW tied up/chained up..

whip rolling on floor laughing laughing

Q99
That changed I think back early in the silver age, possibly golden-age. She fought with Superman in the pre-crisis days on multiple occasions too, you're literally complaining about alterations that probably happened decades before you were born.

Characters change, and her powerset was set back in the Crisis (give or take on power levels, just like everyone else), just like Superman's was set at the same time.

Here's a hint- the missile didn't work. Also, those chains probably could've held Superman too, and at least the villains were sensible enough to try a "just kill her" tactic.

Part of the point of the bondage from the beginning was she always escaped.

And, let's remember, Superman has his kryptonite thing, which is *worse* since the effects last longer and hurt more, and Thor has losing his hammer (in this version).

hmm.. being covered in silver like a hood ornament sounds cool.. but not having a penis might be a downer..

superman PC is that the one that was pretty racist with outdated beliefs and morality? if so f#@@ no and he is aputz i get killed the 1st time i lecture some one and they pull out kryptonite.

thor seems about right.. might be him..

anyways its thor and if i can power down once in a while SS
Stop questioning Silver Surfer's manhood, he has a cosmic silvery dong and he is a player. He can also change to his humanlike form at will.

obviously they changed her weakness its DC for you that why i no longer buy anything of theirs since the 90's

The vast majority of criminals, including violent ones, abhor rape as much as everyone else and the ones willing kill butcher rapists on sight, specially in jail. So while some 'evil super villains' might also be rapists (and most aren't), what is bizarre about your speculation into what life would be like if you were one is that you claim raping women would be on your list of things to do.

Wild Shadow
Originally posted by Q99
That changed I think back early in the silver age, possibly golden-age. She fought with Superman in the pre-crisis days on multiple occasions too, you're literally complaining about alterations that probably happened decades before you were born.

Characters change, and her powerset was set back in the Crisis (give or take on power levels, just like everyone else), just like Superman's was set at the same time.

Here's a hint- the missile didn't work. Also, those chains probably could've held Superman too, and at least the villains were sensible enough to try a "just kill her" tactic.

Part of the point of the bondage from the beginning was she always escaped.

And, let's remember, Superman has his kryptonite thing, which is *worse* since the effects last longer and hurt more, and Thor has losing his hammer (in this version). umm... her retcons and ignoring happen in the mid 90's and i was born long b4 that..

also i dont care about what a common criminal would or would not do a super villain who is into world conquest wouldnt care either and i know plenty of ppl that would try to rape wonder woman if they could play out a comic book fantasy and constantly fighting her who keeps destroying all your criminal indefers..

now stop trying to stick up for a comic book character and apply morality in a fantasy situation

D_Dude1210
My goodness! My thread just got hijacked into a big rape debate... O_O

Q99
umm... her retcons and ignoring happen in the mid 90's and i was born long b4 that..

The bondage thing? That went by-by with the Crisis, 80s.

Only having invulnerability while running or flying? I've seen comics from the silver age where she's taken hits from Superman. We're probably talking 60s here.

Nooo, probably not as many as you seem to think. Believe it or not, most people think rape is bad. Even criminals.

I think you've got some sort of messed up sexual inferiority complex mindset going there.

Mindship
Originally posted by Doctor-Alvis
That's exactly how I am now. laughing out loud Stuck on Earth, it's tough not to be.

Wild Shadow
Originally posted by Q99
The bondage thing? That went by-by with the Crisis, 80s.

Only having invulnerability while running or flying? I've seen comics from the silver age where she's taken hits from Superman. We're probably talking 60s here.

Nooo, probably not as many as you seem to think. Believe it or not, most people think rape is bad. Even criminals.

I think you've got some sort of messed up sexual inferiority complex mindset going there. i dont have the comic anymore but it happen in the mid 90's when artemis was training diana as a young woman about her powers and even showed her all her weaknesses since diana thought she was invulnerable b/c she could lift boulders and run at superspeed without harming herself Artemis shot her and burned her while she did all that to show her she wasnt and the gods gifts were magical and only extended to when she used her abilities but not overall negated physics hence she could be harmed..

by the way stop pushing your moral hang ups on others its getting annoying

CosmicComet
Superman.

I like Thor's powerset the most, but I don't want to be a crippled doctor.

Q99
i dont have the comic anymore but it happen in the mid 90's when artemis was training diana as a young woman about her powers and even showed her all her weaknesses since diana thought she was invulnerable b/c she could lift boulders and run at superspeed without harming herself Artemis shot her and burned her while she did all that to show her she wasnt and the gods gifts were magical and only extended to when she used her abilities but not overall negated physics hence she could be harmed..

Oh, I remember that now!

It was a flash back, showing before she mastered her powers! She had learned to overcome that by the time she was an adult, and such a weakness wasn't in the Perez run (beforehand) or in later ones.

Heh, it does occur to me that it lends support to my 'Diana can turn off her powers' thing I've tried to argue in the martial arts threads, so thanks for bringing it up.

Still, it's not a problem that adult-Diana has, I think even in that run, but at most it was only that run.

I'm perfectly fine with pushing 'no rape' on others smile

Hey, if you think there's something I've cross the line on? You can tell me too, I'll listen!

D_Dude1210
I'll prolly take the Surfer's. I'm already a pacifist. stick out tongue

Wild Shadow
i think its funny how your in the defense of comic character in a fantasy scenario.. involving ppl that would kill million, billions for world conquest and financial gain and some how give them some kind of moral code based on your beliefs of how "a person" should act forgetting the person in questions are supervillains who beat, torture and kill ppl on a regular bases..

the only reason the obvious and likely situations like rape dont happen to captured depowered female super hero is b/c of censorship and they are heroes not suppose to happen especially in a kid/family friendly comic company..

but in real life that would well be different if we had the lvl of criminals that exist in comics or if a nosy real life vigilante was ever beaten and captured and happen to be a female...

anyways my argument for wonder woman isnt that she can control her powers on and off on a whim b/c she cant.. as far as i know she can completely power down or power back up to her WW form but she cant pick and choice which power she can turn off and on..

either way perez run was in the 80's maybe early 90s not mid or late 90's so you are missing some major history of the character that you are arguing for,,

the only reason WW is doing things she isnt suppose to is b/c ppl are completely ignoring her powerset for story purposes not b/c she was legitimetly retcon or had her powers evolved.. the only reason it is now her powerset is b/c it has happen so much that it can now be considered legitimate power change and no longer PIS

Most in character relevant super villains still wouldn't rape people regardless of their genocidal or world domination proclivities. But let's assume they would. WW would be at a higher risk for being a woman, correct? But if supervillains are so fond of torturing and humiliating those who thwart their plans, it's equally plausible that male superheroes would be at an equal risk of being castrated, tortured, sexually tortured or assraped (as it might be even more humilating for them) by the same sociopaths, be them male or female. I don't think those people who would kill millions would turn down kryptonite dildo raping SM or cutting Thor's balls off as a chance to humiliate them. Other forms of conventional torture are also in the table of course. The only reason it doesn't happen is because of censorship.

Bottomline, WW is not more vulnerable to abuse when she is put in conditions in which she can't defend herself from sick enemies with an axe to grind then the males are.

Wild Shadow
agreed.

Philosophía
Originally posted by batdude123
Calm down, nvr. Shit just got real.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by Q99

Women = Kitchen/Sex/Cleaning

That's all I need to know about them.

Wild Shadow
must be a girl whistle

rotiart
Honestly.. At this point I see people applying their own personal viewpoints onto this....
Watchmen. The comedian a supposed hero tried to rape.
Sue Donny was raped by doctor light... In American comics rape is not allowed... Err if course if you pick up punished max or some image comcs like spawn or Pitt.... You'll find that villains do it...

And as far as the whole situation goes... Look at the villains with harems... And think about what that means to them.. Women are derogatory pieces of flesh... That's it...

Btw if you wanna get the comicbook stamp of approval u can't mention certain things like rape... Because younger children also read the comics..

But getting off rape altogether... A lot of villains have damn near lost their ever lovin mind.. They will kill u. Disembowel you. Kill every single member of your family. But there is still a certain code of ethics for these guys? Read the news. Worse shit happens in real life. Ask the women in war torn Africa who were subjected to genocide by Rape an murder. Here the husbands returning home finding their wives raped throw them from the homes for the shame of having allowed that to happen... Or in India where uncles sell their nieces so young they haven't hit puberty yet into sex brothels...

Forget supervillains... Real life is more debased

Q99
i think its funny how your in the defense of comic character in a fantasy scenario.. involving ppl that would kill million, billions for world conquest and financial gain and some how give them some kind of moral code based on your beliefs of how "a person" should act forgetting the person in questions are supervillains who beat, torture and kill ppl on a regular bases..

the only reason the obvious and likely situations like rape dont happen to captured depowered female super hero is b/c of censorship and they are heroes not suppose to happen especially in a kid/family friendly comic company..

Also because some of these characters could destroy *countries* and it'd be tremendously stupid.

Really, if they were serious, they wouldn't rape, they'd kill. Then they'd get killed/executed for murder, and within a decade there'd be very few characters left and the comics would be over.

Most of the world-threatening ones also have much higher goals and don't care about petty stuff like rape either. Anyone who can take on Superman or Wonder Woman generally thinks "I'll destroy Metropolis/Washington DC/Earth for revenge" kind of stuff.

Sorta like how Superman, Thor, etc.'s powers have changed. That's how it happened for everyone.

Btw, the biggest boost happened after she returned from temporarily becoming a goddess, so that's a legitimate upgrade.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.