Mass Effect: The movie

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Kazenji
http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=66321

I bet they're gonna **** it up somehow or surprise us and atcually get it right.

Ms.Marvel
mass effect isnt a good game to convert into a movie. too many variables and choices and too much content to leave out

That ACDC Chick
true, but at least people cant complain about who they cast for Shephard, really mhmm
i hope they leave the alien side-boob scene in just to piss people at Fox News off haermm

FistOfThe North
Mass Effect Movie Rights Acquired by Legendary Pictures

I Am Legend writer tapped to draft the screenplay.

Let the speculation on who will play Commander Shepard begin. Legendary Pictures announced it has acquired the film rights to the Mass Effect franchise, and BioWare co-founders Ray Muzyka and Greg Zeschuk are on board as executive producers.

Legendary Pictures co-productions include The Dark Knight, 300, and The Hangover, and the studio announced a co-production and co-financing agreement for the Mass Effect movie with Warner Bros., who will distribute the film worldwide.

"Mass Effect is a tremendous property ripe for translation to the big screen," Thomas Tull, chairman and CEO of Legendary Pictures, said in a statement. "Mass Effect is a prime example of the kind of source material we at Legendary like to develop; it has depth, compelling characters and an engaging back story."

http://xbox360.gamespy.com/xbox-360/mass-effect-2/1092555p1.html

BruceSkywalker
haven't played the game yet, highly doubtful i will see the movie

dadudemon
Originally posted by That ACDC Chick
i hope they leave the alien side-boob scene in just to piss people at Fox News off haermm

laughing

I hope they put in more, and include an insult towards Fox for it.

SpadeKing
Originally posted by Kazenji
I bet they're gonna **** it up somehow

Heythere,Honey
I think its going to fail. Too many game options.

Lord Coal
Someone remind me when was the last time that a game made a good film (or vice-versa), cos I can't think of any examples.

And yeah, how the hell can you make a film out of a game with such a huge scope of choices? Unless the film is not actually based on the same events as the games, but set before or after, maybe with someone other than Shepard (Anderson, Zaeed, etc.) as the protagonist.

MildPossession
You are not thinking very hard. One off the top of my head was Alone in the Dark. Amazing film and got the atmosphere of the games just right. They should get the director of this to make the Mass Effect film, would benefit so much.

NOT

Lord Coal
I didn't even know there was an Alone in the Dark film, but I didn't think too much of the game anyway, so....

Seriously though, Max Payne, Tomb Raider, Resident Evil and Doom all made dreadful films. I've not seen Hitman myself, but I've heard absolutely nothing good about it.

Nephthys
First Resident Evil was pretty good imo.

This is a terrible idea. You don't need a film about Mass Effect becuase the game was pretty much a film anyway. Only a very, very long film with much more complexity, character development and plot than they'll be able to fit into a movie. It'll just come off as a cheap knock-off and I really doubt they'll be able to match the game. It just seems like a Lucas-esque whoring out of the franchise, and its just stupid.

Secondly, ME was a choice-based western RPG, just about the very worst kind of game to turn into a movie. You run the risk of alienating your audience becuase it isn't their Shepard on-screen. That isn't the character they've grown close to and who gives a damn if someones about to pop his/her (his, I'm guessing) head off.

The only way thsi might not suck is if A) they bring out the really f'ing big guns a la Dark Knight Nolan, pull off a masterpiece and actually take it seriously and not like a video game movie or B) its an original story, though if Shepard's in it it'll prolly still suck.

dadudemon
I like all of the Resident evil films better than the games.

Hitman was good: 7 out of 10.

Max Payne was good: 6.5 out of 10.

Tomb Raider films, meh: 5 out of 10.

MildPossession
I can't think of one I've really enjoyed apart from Silent Hill. I'm in the minority I believe; but I thought it was good.

Hitman was nothing special.

FistOfThe North
prince of persia looks pretty. don't know if it's any good though. i dunno if i wanna see it. outta all the times, i've never seen a really good video game based movie. and i've never played a really good movie based on a game.

Kazenji
Originally posted by dadudemon
I like all of the Resident evil films better than the games.

Next your gonna say the movies are an improvement on the games.... erm

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.