Hulk vs. Gladiator

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Magneto1982
Who wins?

Rage.Of.Olympus
Hulk.

quanchi112
Hulk wins.

bbrem123
this thread must have been done before...hulk wins tho anyways

chomperx9
which hulk

Slaanesh
Glad..he's faster and stronger..

guy222
hulk

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by Slaanesh

Lol.

TheTyrant
Gladiator. He's faster, more versatile, more durable, and stronger.

Slaanesh
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Lol.

what??

Rage.Of.Olympus
what??

What on earth exactly leads you to conclude that Gladiator is stronger than the Hulk?

And the reason better not be "because I think so" like it is for some of your other opinions.

celeyhyga17
glads wins

Slaanesh
What on earth exactly leads you to conclude that Gladiator is stronger than the Hulk?

And the reason better not be "because I think so" like it is for some of your other opinions.

well..it is because i think so..

Glad destroy a planet with his punch..i put Glad at Supes level of strength..Supes is stronger than Hulk..so Glad is stronger than Hulk..

Rage.Of.Olympus
well..it is because i think so..

Glad destroy a planet with his punch..i put Glad at Supes level of strength..Supes is stronger than Hulk..so Glad is stronger than Hulk..

First of all, it wasn't a punch. It was three punches. Second of all, the Grey Hulk, Hulk's weakest incarnation, destroyed an asteroid twice as big as the Earth in a single punch with the help of some springs. So you need a better reason than "OMGZ! TEH PLANET DESTRUCTIONZZ!" to come to the conclusion that Gladiator is stronger than the Hulk (Lol.).

BANLOL! So you don't think the Hulk is on the same level of strength as Superman and that Superman is stronger than the Hulk? You my friend are......special. Not in a good way.

byrdgang21
Hulk wins in a long but tough fight. The reason why is because the more hulk fights the angrier and stronger he is going to become. Gladiator will notice that hulk is becoming stronger and then start to doubt himself and lose confidence, then ultimately start to become weaker while hulk is still getting stronger.

Slaanesh
First of all, it wasn't a punch. It was three punches. Second of all, the Grey Hulk, Hulk's weakest incarnation, destroyed an asteroid twice as big as the Earth in a single punch with the help of some springs. So you need a better reason than "OMGZ! TEH PLANET DESTRUCTIONZZ!" to come to the conclusion that Gladiator is stronger than the Hulk (Lol.).

BANLOL! So you don't think the Hulk is on the same level of strength as Superman and that Superman is stronger than the Hulk? You my friend are......special. Not in a good way.

i didn't say a punch no expression

dude..i didn't say Hulk isn't on the same level with Supes in strength..i said Supes is stronger..Supes,Thor,Hulk,Glad and capt Marvel..they are all in the same class of strength..a lot of people think Supes is stronger than Hulk..i'm not the only one no expression

Rage.Of.Olympus
i didn't say a punch no expression

dude..i didn't say Hulk isn't on the same level with Supes in strength..i said Supes is stronger..Supes,Thor,Hulk,Glad and capt Marvel..they are all in the same class of strength..a lot of people think Supes is stronger than Hulk..i'm not the only one no expression

Really? When you said "the punch" I assumed you meant "a punch".

Well, I certainly thought you did based on the way you phrased it. You said Gladiator is on Superman's level of strength, Superman is stronger than the Hulk hence Gladiator is stronger than the Hulk.

Who thinks that Superman is stronger than the Hulk? That's just silly. Next Superman will be faster than the Flash or more powerful than Thor.

I don't really care though. Most people are idiots anyways.

I have to go now, we'll finish this later.

Slaanesh

Well, I certainly thought you did based on the way you phrased it. You said Gladiator is on Superman's level of strength, Superman is stronger than the Hulk hence Gladiator is stronger than the Hulk.

Who thinks that Superman is stronger than the Hulk? That's just silly. Next Superman will be faster than the Flash or more powerful than Thor.

I have to go now, we'll finish this later.

i said "his punch"..

oh..i did say Supes level..my mistake..what i really wanna say is that Glad is probably as strong as Supes..which is stronger than Hulk..but they are still in the same level..like SS is more powerful than Supes..but both are still high herald..

i'm pretty sure u know who they are..

u think they are idiot because their opinion is deferent than yours??it's just opinion dude..yours or theirs..it's not a fact..

Psychopath001
I'm going to have to go with Gladiator on this one. I can't confidently say Gladiator is more physically powerful than the hulk so I'll put them at about the same level. In which case I'd say Glad wins because Glad has combat training and co ordination. Unlike the hulk who fights like a wild animal and relies more on his brute force than anything else, and Glad is not an opponent in which Brute force can work agaisn't.

Also, I've seen several times in which the Hulk exerted too much or was beaten to the point where he transformed back to Banner, the most recent being with the Sentry. I don't think the Hulk has ever reached the level of anger (and therefore strength) as he did during the period of World War Hulk, but he was still able to be fought into de-transformation nonetheless.

Also, Black Bolt has spoken to the Hulk, sending the hulk flying back a long distance and doing some serious damage. Whereas Black Bolt has whispered into the ear of Gladiator and it was not lethal... so I'm going to have to give Durability points to Gladiator.

The Hulk may be stronger and more tenacious, but I think Gladiator would win simply because he has expert combat training, is stupidly fast, intelligent, and belongs to a race that are two feet away from being indestructible.

cdtm

Stronger base anyways.

And yeah, Glads wins.

ares834
Next Superman will be more powerful than Thor.

Well he is... confused

Wild Shadow
hulk only wins if glads brawl in a prolong fight with hulk given him a chance to reach glads lvl.. seriously hulk shouldnt be able to reach the lvls of glads to beat him unless glads jobs... in a forum fight glads beats him decisively.

bbrem123
true...WWH is the only one i see taking gladiator out...any other hulk, gladiator needs to end it quick...or else he will be in some trouble

Colossus-Big C
gladiator is stronger, but so is superman hercules thor abomb and even namor is stronger than a hulk at base levels.
colossus went to toe with a base hulk and knocked him out by playing smart
his strength jumps the longer the fight last thats why he becomes stronger than the guy he is fighting.

this is why i never use savage hulk i use WWH because his base is much higher and already stronger than the likes of heralds.

unless gladiator puts him down really quick, hulk ultimately wins

Colossus-Big C
Originally posted by Wild Shadow
hulk only wins if glads brawl in a prolong fight with hulk given him a chance to reach glads lvl.. seriously hulk shouldnt be able to reach the lvls of glads to beat him unless glads jobs... in a forum fight glads beats him decisively. his strength would still increase if glads is attacking him from afar though

Blanket
Most people are idiots anyways.
http://i50.tinypic.com/2j6sfl.jpg

The MISTER
Originally posted by Psychopath001
I'm going to have to go with Gladiator on this one. I can't confidently say Gladiator is more physically powerful than the hulk so I'll put them at about the same level. In which case I'd say Glad wins because Glad has combat training and co ordination. Unlike the hulk who fights like a wild animal and relies more on his brute force than anything else, and Glad is not an opponent in which Brute force can work agaisn't.

Also, I've seen several times in which the Hulk exerted too much or was beaten to the point where he transformed back to Banner, the most recent being with the Sentry. I don't think the Hulk has ever reached the level of anger (and therefore strength) as he did during the period of World War Hulk, but he was still able to be fought into de-transformation nonetheless.

Also, Black Bolt has spoken to the Hulk, sending the hulk flying back a long distance and doing some serious damage. Whereas Black Bolt has whispered into the ear of Gladiator and it was not lethal... so I'm going to have to give Durability points to Gladiator.

The Hulk may be stronger and more tenacious, but I think Gladiator would win simply because he has expert combat training, is stupidly fast, intelligent, and belongs to a race that are two feet away from being indestructible.

Almost every character has been shown being damaged by attacks that would usually be inneffective on that character. Spidey dodges millions of bullets but gets hit by hundreds of punches. The Hulk shrugs off point blank tank rounds but gets the wind knocked out of him by Bruce Wayne's kick. Gladiator gets weaker as he loses confidence and the Hulk gets stronger as a fight progresses. If gladiator doesn't have what it takes to just overwhelm the Hulk in the beginning of the fight then he will lose.

The MISTER
Originally posted by ares834
Well he is... confused

No he's not, cause he has a weakness against thor's type of power which is magic based like his brother Loki's. smokin'

Philosophía
That makes no sense.

Unsurprisingly.

Blanket

Rage.Of.Olympus
Well he is... confused

Lol.

Colossus-Big C
Well he is... confused facepalmx

lawest9

I have to go now, we'll finish this later. I get the impression that anyone who disagrees with you is a "Idiot".

Supes IS stronger than Hulk but Hulk can potentially become as strong or even stronger given enough time with his rage, While Supes have the option of surpassing him again by sun dipping and it goes on and on and the question of the debate becomes very much inconclusive.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by Colossus-Big C
gladiator is stronger, but so is superman hercules thor abomb and even namor is stronger than a hulk at base levels.
colossus went to toe with a base hulk and knocked him out by playing smart
his strength jumps the longer the fight last thats why he becomes stronger than the guy he is fighting.

this is why i never use savage hulk i use WWH because his base is much higher and already stronger than the likes of heralds.

unless gladiator puts him down really quick, hulk ultimately wins

It should be noted that the Savage Hulk he took down was injured, Colossus took him by surprise (At least I'm pretty sure he did.) and he was only out for a few moments tops.

Against a stronger opponent such as Thor or Namor, his base level etc. isn't played up as much.

It really depends on who his fighting. If he fought someone like Cage or Colossus, I expect the base angle to be played up. If his fighting someone like Clark or Thor, I expect his ever increasing strength to be the factor that is focused on.

Edit: I just checked and Colossus never knocked the Hulk out. He jumps him and stuns him (As he said himself.) but that's about it.

And holy shit, Colossus got ****ing wrecked straight up in a brawl in that issue.

quanchi112
Originally posted by lawest9
I get the impression that anyone who disagrees with you is a "Idiot".

Supes IS stronger than Hulk but Hulk can potentially become as strong or even stronger given enough time with his rage, While Supes have the option of surpassing him again by sun dipping and it goes on and on and the question of the debate becomes very much inconclusive. I agree though in my opinion a pissed off Hulk quickly passes up Supes in the strength department.

cdtm
I agree too.

Hulks strengths been known to shoot up quick though. Depends on how motivated/mad he gets.

JakeTheBank
Well he is... confused

Debatable.

Rage.Of.Olympus
i said "his punch"..

oh..i did say Supes level..my mistake..what i really wanna say is that Glad is probably as strong as Supes..which is stronger than Hulk..but they are still in the same level..like SS is more powerful than Supes..but both are still high herald..

i'm pretty sure u know who they are..

u think they are idiot because their opinion is deferent than yours??it's just opinion dude..yours or theirs..it's not a fact..

Yes you said "His punch". I assumed that meant a punch.

No it's not. Not at all. Neither Superman nor Gladiator are stronger than the Hulk.

Make a list.

Yes I really do. Opinion's can be wrong or idiotic if they're baseless.

Person 1: "The Moon is red."

Person 2: "That makes absolutely no sense and is idiotic."

Person 1: "But it's my opinion! sad sad sad"

Gladiator

bbrem123
strike 3 your out

Originally posted by bbrem123
strike 3 your out

Let go of the hulk's balls son. Gladiator flies, is thousands of times faster and probably just as strong at base level. The world jobbed to WWH so he could have his 15 minutes. Gladiator throws him into space and that'll be the last we have to see of him.

brownqk
Gladiator should win this...

vansonbee
Originally posted by 753
Let go of the hulk's balls son. Gladiator flies, is thousands of times faster and probably just as strong at base level. The world jobbed to WWH so he could have his 15 minutes. Gladiator throws him into space and that'll be the last we have to see of him. Gladiator fail taking Hulk to space once before.

brownqk
Originally posted by vansonbee
Gladiator fail taking Hulk to space once before.

PIS considering Gladiator's other strength/lifting feats...

BattleMage
Hmm good fight. But Hulk beats all Superman type Characters smile

vansonbee
Originally posted by brownqk
PIS considering Gladiator's other strength/lifting feats... What were they than and the bigger question is, Hulk would do something about it, instead of getting hmm err.. read below

Analogy:
You could hump/molest a pillow, for all I care, but a person would fight back, in some cases.

Originally posted by vansonbee
Gladiator fail taking Hulk to space once before.

That's PIS considering how fast gladiator is, they should be in orbit before the hulk can react.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by 753
Let go of the hulk's balls son. Gladiator flies, is thousands of times faster and probably just as strong at base level. The world jobbed to WWH so he could have his 15 minutes. Gladiator throws him into space and that'll be the last we have to see of him.

Gladiator flies? Yea, it's not as if Hulk has fought beings with flying capabilities before and it's not as if Gladiator constantly engages in hand to hand brawls.

Gladiator tosses him into space? Lol. Do I have to remind you what happened last time he tried to bring Hulk into space?

Gladiator flies? Yea, it's not as if Hulk has fought beings with flying capabilities before and it's not as if Gladiator constantly engages in hand to hand brawls.

Gladiator tosses him into space? Lol. Do I have to remind you what happened last time he tried to bring Hulk into space?

PIS is what happened, glads should take him to orbit in a nanosecond. Hulk gets by a lot of things he shouldnt with the help of the writers like every other character. It's not very realistic to think he can take a majority from gladiator.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by 753
PIS is what happened, glads should take him to orbit in a nanosecond. Hulk gets by a lot of things he shouldnt with the help of the writers like every other character. It's not very realistic to think he can take a majority from gladiator.

Well their only fight shows us that Gladiator isn't fast enough to take him into space. At least not with C.I.S. on. Besides, the Hulk is pretty damn fast. Especially for someone his size. Quicksilver, Wonder Man etc. can attest to that. Gladiator took him from the ground to the outer edges of the Atmosphere in like two panels and Hulk had a few seconds to react before he would be left helplessly in the vacuum. Gladiator was going pretty fast but he underestimated the Hulk.

Did it ever occur to you that maybe your just underestimating Hulk and his capabilities?

Well their only fight shows us that Gladiator isn't fast enough to take him into space. At least not with C.I.S. on. Besides, the Hulk is pretty damn fast. Especially for someone his size. Quicksilver, Wonder Man etc. can attest to that. Gladiator took him from the ground to the outer edges of the Atmosphere in like two panels and Hulk had a few seconds to react before he would be left helplessly in the vacuum. Gladiator was going pretty fast but he underestimated the Hulk.

Did it ever occur to you that maybe your just underestimating Hulk and his capabilities?

Not really, Gladiator has better speed showings than that. You may atribute his failure to BFR the hulk to CIS, but I personally think it's PIS and a low showing for Gladiator that contradicts his many other speed feats.

If BFR isn't an option Hulk would have better chances, but although he is fast, has an uncanny sense of direction and excells at calculating trajectories and anticipating positions in a supergenius fashion, he is still too slow when compared to Gladiator. Even in a slugfest Glads could punch him a lot more often than hulk could retaliate.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by 753
Not really, Gladiator has better speed showings than that. You may atribute his failure to BFR the hulk to CIS, but I personally think it's PIS and a low showing for Gladiator that contradicts his many other speed feats.

If BFR isn't an option Hulk would have better chances, but although he is fast, has an uncanny sense of direction and excells at calculating trajectories and anticipating positions in a supergenius fashion, he is still too slow when compared to Gladiator. Even in a slugfest Glads could punch him a lot more often than hulk could retaliate.

And? Comics aren't CBR. Don't expect him to go hundreds of times faster than light every time he takes off.

Hulk will simply gain enough of a strength advantage to counteract the speed advantage. The more pressure he puts Hulk under in a brawl, the sooner Hulk will beat his ass down.

Colossus-Big C
And? Comics aren't CBR. Don't expect him to go hundreds of times faster than light every time he takes off.

Hulk will simply gain enough of a strength advantage to counteract the speed advantage. The more pressure he puts Hulk under in a brawl, the sooner Hulk will beat his ass down. gladiators mohawk is actually blue

Lord_Talron
wtfawe

cdtm
Originally posted by 753

I know he's been clocked using instrumentation at over 100x light speed on at least two occasions.

JakeTheBank
Hulk does benefit more with PIS and CIS on more than he does off. And in forum fights, Hulk's "strongest there is" gimmick only goes so far.

Hulk will simply gain enough of a strength advantage to counteract the speed advantage. The more pressure he puts Hulk under in a brawl, the sooner Hulk will beat his ass down.

This a forum fight, PIS off, best of their capabilities, etc. It would take hulk a while to get so strong, a single one of his blows makes up for a hundred (or a thousand) from gladiator and I believe he can be defeated before even without BFR.

Simbon
Gladiator can only win if he is at full-confidence (and yes, that version could beat savage hulk rather badly); regular gladiator will just be a repeat of his last fight with hulk.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by 753
This a forum fight, PIS off, best of their capabilities, etc. It would take hulk a while to get so strong, a single one of his blows makes up for a hundred (or a thousand) from gladiator and I believe he can be defeated before even without BFR.

And what exactly was P.I.S. in their last fight? The fact that Gladiator didn't fly hundreds of times faster than light? Every time Superman doesn't go C.B.R mode do you scream P.I.S?

Haha. Gladiator landing a hundred to thousands of blows due to his super speed? You have read Gladiator's battles haven't you?

Using that logic, Thor Godblasts in most of his fights.

No it wouldn't. It really just depends on the motivation. It can take him a while to reach Wonder Man level or he can surpass Top Tier depending on the stress his under.

Since Gladiator is apparently using tactics he never used before in a fight as far as I know, I'll use the same for the Hulk. He imagines Betty getting killed and instantly reaches levels that are beyond Gladiator physically.

And what exactly was P.I.S. in their last fight? The fact that Gladiator didn't fly hundreds of times faster than light? Every time Superman doesn't go C.B.R mode do you scream P.I.S?

Haha. Gladiator landing a hundred or thousands of blows due to his super speed? You have read Gladiator's battles haven't you?

Using that logic, Thor Godblasts in most of his fights/

No it wouldn't. It really just depends on the motivation. It can take him a while to reach Wonder Man level or he can surpass Top Tier depending on the stress his under.

Since Gladiator is apparently using tactics he never used before in a fight as far as I know, I'll use the same for the Hulk. He imagines Betty getting killed and instantly reaches levels that are beyond Gladiator physically.

He wouldn't need to be moving anywhere near lighstpeed to BFR Hulk under a second, let alone multiples of c. He was flying pretty slowly to serve the plot and he frequently moves much faster.

Yes I have, he makes frequent use of superspeed.

Gladiator has already used the BFR tactic and failed due to flying at insufficient speeds, which I atribute to PIS and already explained why. Getting punched or bullrushed isn't a big enough stimulus for the Hulk to become abnormally angry.

vansonbee
Originally posted by 753
He wouldn't need to be moving anywhere near lighstpeed to BFR Hulk under a second, let alone multiples of c. He was flying pretty slowly to serve the plot and he frequently moves much faster.

Gladiator has already used the BFR tactic and failed due to flying at insufficient speeds, which I atribute to PIS and already explained why. Getting punched or bullrushed isn't a big enough stimulus for the Hulk to become abnormally angry. BRIAN BENDIS is that you?

If so, GTFO!

Seriously, it has already happen in the comic. Why don't you become a writer for Marvel than.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by 753

Gladiator has already used the BFR tactic and failed due to flying at insufficient speeds, which I atribute to PIS and already explained why. Getting punched or bullrushed isn't a big enough stimulus for the Hulk to become abnormally angry.

Let me ask you something, outside of Hulk's approximation which I doubt is completely accurate, how do you know at what speed Gladiator was flying at?

Let me see Gladiator use his super speed to attack someone with hundreds to thousands of blows.

Maybe he doesn't have the sufficient speed according to that comic. He clearly wasn't playing around and meant to take Hulk out. Chris might have just thought he wasn't fast enough. Or maybe it was just C.I.S.

No, not a normal brawl like this, but thinking about Betty's death, concentrating on it, would get him abnormally angry more than likely. I mean, since we're having Gladiator do shit his never done before, let's make it fair and have Hulk do shit his never done before.

BlackZero30x
so this is going to become the new Hulk Vs Superman tread......

i mean seriously anyone that wants to see can go to the search and look for it....it has like a billion posts...

Rage.Of.Olympus
no expression

BlackZero30x
no expression
lol sorry i didn't mean to interrupt....just getting that out there so when this thing takes off like hulk vs sups people will know i said it would cool

lol

ummm

well i kinda think glads would take this if he was at full confidence.

glads flight and speed gives him the edge imo

quanchi112
Originally posted by 753
Let go of the hulk's balls son. Gladiator flies, is thousands of times faster and probably just as strong at base level. The world jobbed to WWH so he could have his 15 minutes. Gladiator throws him into space and that'll be the last we have to see of him. Glads failed to bfr a savage hulk. This isn't powerset debating we take how these characters typically fight.

Slaanesh
Glad can speed blitz..just because he didn't do in to Hulk in comic..doesn't mean he can't do it here..this isn't a comic..Glad fight to the best of his ability..that means he will fight at super speed..Hulk doesn't stand a chance against someone he can't even keep up with no matter how strong he gets..

quanchi112
Glad can speed blitz..just because he didn't do in to Hulk in comic..doesn't mean he can't do it here..this isn't a comic..Glad fight to the best of his ability..that means he will fight at super speed..Hulk doesn't stand a chance against someone he can't even keep up with no matter how strong he gets.. These characters fight here like they do in the comics otherwise it becomes a powerset debate. Give me one example of a speedblitz of his.

psycho gundam
^ actually, we do argue power sets, it's just that you have to remember to use them in character also (ie superman has heat vision, he can use heat vision till he's blue in the face, he just won't kill with it)

psycho gundam
Originally posted by byrdgang21
Hulk wins in a long but tough fight. The reason why is because the more hulk fights the angrier and stronger he is going to become. Gladiator will notice that hulk is becoming stronger and then start to doubt himself and lose confidence, then ultimately start to become weaker while hulk is still getting stronger. heh, i've seen that youtube video before, that guy was wrong on a lot of accounts but mostly regarding how gladiator's power works.

dude's not going to punk out cause a guy is stronger than him, the only incident that something like this happened is when reed mocked him by using an illusion to mask captain america in an image of reed standing there with a dirty grin on his face. gladiator got so angry that he used some of his hardest plows, too bad cap's shield made them worthless, that's why he felt like a weak feeb -only then did his power dip-. he's fought most of the strong men and women of marvel and never wavered like that. it's a myth.

Slaanesh
Originally posted by quanchi112
These characters fight here like they do in the comics otherwise it becomes a powerset debate. Give me one example of a speedblitz of his.

we have to debate about powerset..we can't just ignore it..Glad speed blitz in WOK #3..

Warlord
Gladiator...
speed flight and range attacks give him the advantage

rotiart
Cannonball

Warlord
^I see what you did there... roll eyes (sarcastic)

Let me ask you something, outside of Hulk's approximation which I doubt is completely accurate, how do you know at what speed Gladiator was flying at?

Let me see Gladiator use his super speed to attack someone with hundreds to thousands of blows.

Maybe he doesn't have the sufficient speed according to that comic. He clearly wasn't playing around and meant to take Hulk out. Chris might have just thought he wasn't fast enough. Or maybe it was just C.I.S.

No, not a normal brawl like this, but thinking about Betty's death, concentrating on it, would get him abnormally angry more than likely. I mean, since we're having Gladiator do shit his never done before, let's make it fair and have Hulk do shit his never done before.

Escape velocity for earth is just 11.2km/sec, mach 3 or 4, that's nothing for gladiator. However, if he flung the hulk into escape velocity withinh the atmosphere, the hulk would thunderclap his way back to ground, so let's take him outside the atmosphere:

Effects of the atmosphere can no longer be noticed after 120 km altitude from sea level. Gladiator didn't even make it that far with the hulk in what looked like a 5 second struggle based on thought and speech bubbles. So he was moving slower than 24km/second, which is arround mach 8 - thats 0,01% of lightspeed. That is very slow compared to his average and high showings of superspeed when he uses it. Once outside the atmosphere, the hulk wouldn't be able to thunderclap his way back.

I do agree that the writer might have not thought gladiator to be that fast or he simply didn't want the Hulk removed from battle like that. There is even an in-comic explanation as gladiator not being that self-confident in the story, but this wasn't explictly mentioned IIRC. However, we are aware of Gladiator's other feats, we are supposed to take characters at optimal levels and ignore PIS.

I could go scan hunting but there really is no need for that as I cited hundreds or thousands of blows to illustrate a point: he can punch the hulk far more often than the Hulk can punch him unless PIS or CIS are crippling him (he'll rarely face an opponent that takes a hundred blows to put down). How many blows do you think it's reasonable for the Hulk to deliver for each one gladiator does? Or do you think the fact that Gladiator is so much faster woudn't even factor in here and they'd be evenly fast? Gladiator does blitz frequently and it is in-character behavior.

the ninjak
Originally posted by rotiart
Cannonball
Originally posted by Warlord
^I see what you did there... roll eyes (sarcastic)

Gladiator wasn't aware of Sam's abilities and Sam got a one time good punch in......that's one of my favorite issues of Xmen.

Glads would be well aware of Hulk's abilities.
And not make that pause of surprise.

The Nuul
No PIS here, Glads wins.

Lord Feron
Originally posted by psycho gundam
heh, i've seen that youtube video before, that guy was wrong on a lot of accounts but mostly regarding how gladiator's power works.

dude's not going to punk out cause a guy is stronger than him, the only incident that something like this happened is when reed mocked him by using an illusion to mask captain america in an image of reed standing there with a dirty grin on his face. gladiator got so angry that he used some of his hardest plows, too bad cap's shield made them worthless, that's why he felt like a weak feeb -only then did his power dip-. he's fought most of the strong men and women of marvel and never wavered like that. it's a myth. thumb up

Lord Feron
Originally posted by rotiart
Cannonball

what about him? Please explain what YOU think happened.

Colossus-Big C
its not PIS that hulk can beat gladiator its just comics..
i mean silver surfer pretty much can change to the size of an ant and go into thors nose and smash his brain,
apocolypse can become 2000ft and just step on people and kill them, no one should be able to tag flash, odin can open a small black hole inside thanos brain and kill him, sentry can mind rape all of the earths heros all at the same time, or just destroy the planet,
if odin can create galaxys heck galactus can create a universe of planets for him to feed on instead having to kill entire races.
its just comics

nicamarvin
Originally posted by Colossus-Big C
its not PIS that hulk can beat gladiator its just comics..
i mean silver surfer pretty much can change to the size of an ant and go into thors nose and smash his brain,
apocolypse can become 2000ft and just step on people and kill them, no one should be able to tag flash, odin can open a small black hole inside thanos brain and kill him, sentry can mind rape all of the earths heros all at the same time, or just destroy the planet,
if odin can create galaxys heck galactus can create a universe of planets for him to feed on instead having to kill entire races.
its just comics ....blowup

quanchi112
Originally posted by psycho gundam
^ actually, we do argue power sets, it's just that you have to remember to use them in character also (ie superman has heat vision, he can use heat vision till he's blue in the face, he just won't kill with it) Yes, alongwith what's in character. We saw Gladiator use his speed against the Hulk and it wasn't even close to how some view this fight.

StiltmanFTW
bump

dmills
Gladiator without PIS, i.e. standing there like an idiot as the Hulk walks through his heat vision.

MF DELPH
Hulk being able to chokeslam Gladiator into a nuclear reactor which just so happens to have the radiation that Gladiator was vulnerable to (and Hulk inexplicable being aware of this weakness, as well) has to be one of the most lulz worthy events in comic history.

Batman-Prime
Gladiator wins

carver9
Gladiator beats current Hulk (the one weakened due to Banner being separated from him). The Avengers Savage Hulk would crush him and the Hulk that is currently walking through the Avengers and tanking Mjlonir strikes works him as well. WWH beats him and WBH piss could kill him.

dmills
Originally posted by MF DELPH
Hulk being able to chokeslam Gladiator into a nuclear reactor which just so happens to have the radiation that Gladiator was vulnerable to (and Hulk inexplicable being aware of this weakness, as well) has to be one of the most lulz worthy events in comic history.

laughing out loud

carver9
Also Stiltman, I see what you are doing.

The Sorrow
Originally posted by carver9
Gladiator beats current Hulk (the one weakened due to Banner being separated from him). The Avengers Savage Hulk would crush him and the Hulk that is currently walking through the Avengers and tanking Mjlonir strikes works him as well. WWH beats him and WBH piss could kill him.
Isn't current Hulk the same incarnation as WWH?

carver9
Originally posted by The Sorrow
Isn't current Hulk the same incarnation as WWH?

Naah, completely different. Also, the last time Banner and Hulk separated, his power level dropped tremendously which could be the case here...too many circumstances involved.

red sabre
Hulk no doubt, Gladiator is to low heralds what rhino is to street levelers

Bouboumaster
Gladiator would have to slug with Hulk to beats him, and this is exactly why Hulk wins.

JakeTheBank
Hulk.

The Sorrow
Naah, completely different. Also, the last time Banner and Hulk separated, his power level dropped tremendously which could be the case here...too many circumstances involved.
What gives you the impression Hulk is weaker though? He was causing destruction around the planet in issue 2 iirc, aswell as defeating all of Banners Hulk-like creatures and unaffected by that huge bomb last ish. Decent enough feats while not really being enraged.

Greysen93
Yeah, current hulk would probably lose, I think it'd be a tough fight with just savage hulk vs gladiator, but still hulk. All stronger forms of hulk win for sure.

iceman24567
Naah, completely different. Also, the last time Banner and Hulk separated, his power level dropped tremendously which could be the case here...too many circumstances involved. No i don't think so carver stop making up excuses and lying

zeel
hulk

Rage.Of.Olympus
Gladiator beats current Hulk (the one weakened due to Banner being separated from him).

You know Carver, at some point, someone's going to report you for making up shit and lying. I'm surprised I myself aren't tempted at this point because it seems in every other thread, you make something up when it's in regards to a favorite.

Current Hulk is Green Scar. Current Hulk isn't weakened because Doom surgically removed Banner. As a matter of fact, it was made abundantly clear that only his intelligence would suffer and based on the solicits as well as the last page of the last issue, Banner seems to have been inside Hulk's head all along.

It's just ridiculous at this point, you were jerking to Hulk being so powerful when he was beating up those boar brothers but he gets punked by Doom and he suddenly had a legit drop in power? GTFO. You also pulled that shit when Zeus gave him a beating.

Hulk's not infallible.

Sr J-Bieb
There's a reason why there's well over a hundred scenes of characters in this thread being dismantled in the Character Ownage recently...

abhilegend
Originally posted by Sr J-Bieb
There's a reason why there's well over a hundred scenes of characters in this thread being dismantled in the Character Ownage recently...
U jelly of carter?

Sr J-Bieb
Originally posted by abhilegend
U jelly of carter? If I was jealous of Carter I'd go huff some paint to put us on even ground

WhiteWitchKing
Gladiator takes this. Hulk's fast but he isn't that fast.

abhilegend
If I was jealous of Carter I'd go huff some paint to put us on even ground
laughing out loud

Sabro
Gladiator without pis.

dmills
If I was jealous of Carter I'd go huff some paint to put us on even ground

laughing out loud

leonidas
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Hulk.

StiltmanFTW
bump

h1a8
Gladiator

-Pr-
Hulk.

dmills
Hulk punches his head, it explodes into confetti.

yaadaveyaa
hulk crushes this is really more like spite nothing gladiator can do to touch hulk really gg

Dampyre

Gladiator was already beaten before he was slammed into the reactor. That was just icing on the cake. Marvel's flying bricks have a pretty bad track record against the Hulk. Gladiator and Hyperion have been defeated. You could add Sentry to that list too.

Hulk smash. It is what it is.

Zack Fair
Sucks to be a copy of the guy Hulk can't beat. Its like watching a 6 year old beat on the little brother/cousin of the 10 year old that bullies them

leonidas
Originally posted by Dampyre
Gladiator was already beaten before he was slammed into the reactor. That was just icing on the cake. Marvel's flying bricks have a pretty bad track record against the Hulk. Gladiator and Hyperion have been defeated. You could add Sentry to that list too.

Hulk smash. It is what it is.

qft. add thor without his hammer getting worked--badly--as well. thumb up

guy222
hulk smash

hulk smash

JayDaDon

That is the very essense of PIS

JakeTheBank
Hulk was already working Gladiator before the nuclear reactor came into play.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.