darkseid vs beta ray bill

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

SuperMan103
who wins?

JakeTheBank
A competent non-PIS-y Darksied should be beyond High Heralds, imo.

TheTyrant
Seid.

Johnny Sorrow
jk?

Omega Vision
Darkseid.

YFZ 350
Darksied wins.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Stormbreaker gets intimate with Darkseid's face.

quanchi112
Bill wins.

Slaanesh
darkseid should beat any high herald..

Nihilist
DS easy.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Nihilist
DS easy. Based on which victories of Darkseid?

Prep-Man
Darky.

the ninjak
darkseed.

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by JakeTheBank

thumb up yes!

Mshinu
Beta Ray Horsie dos not have Supes` posterboy power.
Darkseid breaks his leg then puts him down for good.

Warlord
Originally posted by quanchi112
Based on which victories of Darkseid?

oh com on now...

BerserkersRage
DS FTW

Originally posted by Warlord
oh com on now...

LOL, don't tell me that question surprised you? stick out tongue

Parmaniac
thumb up

And now I give you guys a contrverse that will blow your minds:
Originally posted by celeyhyga17
thumb up yes! thumb down

HA!

Nihilist
Originally posted by Warlord
oh com on now... what do you expect from a rabid troll

Warlord
well I know he is extremely pro Marvel, but this... huh

Rage.Of.Olympus
Out of curiosity, when was the last time Darkseid did something above what one Top Tier or another could do?

From what I've seen, physically speaking, his been brought down to Top Tier level and the Omega Effect is well, the Omega Effect. Of course I've been reading most of Darkseid's fights with Superman recently so I'm not very objective at the moment when it comes to Darkseid. erm

If his at his higher end levels, he would win. The guy Superman has punked loses.

-Pr-

He is.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Out of curiosity, when was the last time Darkseid did something above what one Top Tier or another could do?

From what I've seen, physically speaking, his been brought down to Top Tier level and the Omega Effect is well, the Omega Effect. Of course I've been reading most of Darkseid's fights with Superman recently so I'm not very objective at the moment when it comes to Darkseid. erm

If his at his higher end levels, he would win. The guy Superman has punked loses.
Why do some people think Superman's victories are interchangeable for all High Heralds?

-Pr-
Originally posted by Omega Vision
Why do some people think Superman's victories are interchangeable for all High Heralds?

because he's obviously just a flying brick whose apparent lack of versatility is always going to be a handicap against other heralds.

vin

Rage.Of.Olympus

They aren't. However they do give us an understanding as to how a being on Superman's level physically who can hit nearly as hard as him on top of being more versatile would do against an opponent that Superman has straight up just beaten down. Superman might be physically above Beta Ray Bill but the gap isn't that large that Stormbreaker etc. won't make up for it.

Darkseid has basically been a Class 100 with beams of energy coming out of his eyes and hands against Superman recently from what I've seen. That Darkseid can lose to Bill.

If I see Thor beating a character up in a brawl, I'll sure as hell use that as evidence that Superman can do the same under those circumstances (If there are any.).

Omega Vision
They aren't. However they do give us an understanding as to how a being on Superman's level physically who can hit nearly as hard as him on top of being more versatile would do against an opponent that Superman has straight up just beaten down. Superman might be physically above Beta Ray Bill but the gap isn't that large that Stormbreaker etc. won't make up for it.

Darkseid has basically been a Class 100 with beams of heat coming out of his eyes and hands against Superman recently.

If I see Thor beating a character up in a brawl, I'll sure as hell use that as evidence that Superman can do the same under those circumstances (If there are any.).
Even when brawling Superman is hundreds of times faster than Thor so the comparison doesn't fly.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Even when brawling Superman is hundreds of times faster than Thor so the comparison doesn't fly.

Lol.

Because Superman in his "I'll fight you head on." mode is so well known for his amazing usage of super speed.

The only notable uses of super speed that Clark has used recently against Darkseid that I can think off is to circle Darkseid and force the Omega Effect to strike him. Bill doesn't need to rely on such a tactic.

Johnny Sorrow
The only notable uses of super speed that Clark has used recently against Darkseid that I can think off is to circle Darkseid and force the Omega Effect to strike him.

Omega Beams, goddamnit.

Omega Vision
Lol.

Because Superman in his "I'll fight you head on." mode is so well known for his amazing usage of super speed.

The only notable uses of super speed that Clark has used recently against Darkseid that I can think off is to circle Darkseid and force the Omega Effect to strike him. Bill doesn't need to rely on such a tactic.
You mean Bill doesn't need to use PIS? You're very mistaken there.

cdtm

Darkseid beats Superman.

Seriously, people gotta stop holding a few badly written stories against him.

Philosophía
Darkseid stomps.

Galan007
Originally posted by cdtm
Darkseid beats Superman.

Seriously, people gotta stop holding a few badly written stories against him. There's actually a lot of badly written stories to his name.

But yeah, Darkseid ftw.

The Nuul

But of course not Superman.

The Nuul
Anyways.....DS is above HHs and even Supes when PIS is not part of the storyline.

Black bolt z
Darkseid 8/10

quanchi112
Even when brawling Superman is hundreds of times faster than Thor so the comparison doesn't fly. Thor has a hammer which can deflect his beams without having to resort to flying around to get them to hit Darkseid in the face.

Omega Vision
Thor has a hammer which can deflect his beams without having to resort to flying around to get them to hit Darkseid in the face.
Until it actually deflects the OE assuming the Mjolnir can reflect the OE is asinine. Reflecting the beams to hurt DS is crap writing anyway.

That's not even the issue, his wins are PIS. Most high heralds could indeed match those feats against DS if he behaved like he did against SM.

Warlord

why do we consider Superman a "high herald" if he can achieve thing other high heralds cannot dream about then?

DS should be easily above the likes of Thor, Surfer, Hal Jordan etc which are the cream of the High Herald list.

If Superman can casually beat him let's move him a tier up and maybe that will save us from some spite threads

Juntai

If his at his higher end levels, he would win. The guy Superman has punked loses. Or you know, maybe, Superman steps it up when he needs to, and is a lot more powerful than people give him credit for.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by 753
That's not even the issue, his wins are PIS. Most high heralds could indeed match those feats against DS if he behaved like he did against SM.
"Arghh! Curse you Superman! I'll try blasting you once with my Omega Beams and then if that fails I'll start yelling and try boxing with you!"

Slaanesh
Originally posted by Juntai
Or you know, maybe, Superman steps it up when he needs to, and is a lot more powerful than people give him credit for.

nope..it's PIS..

Omega Vision
Or you know, maybe, Superman steps it up when he needs to, and is a lot more powerful than people give him credit for.
Of course not. Then he wouldn't be "peers with Thor" he'd be better than Thor. Which of course is a crazy concept. stick out tongue

Warlord
Because Thor lost to Darkseid recently...sneer

Nah it's just PIS and we know this because the problem wasn't what SM did, thast wasn't beyond high herald, but what DS didn't do.

DS can teleport things light years away and he coudln't teleport himself out of SM's grip? For christ's sake, a purple eye crippled him once.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by 753
Nah it's just PIS and we know this because the problem wasn't what SM did, thast wasn't beyond high herald, but what DS didn't do.

DS can teleport things light years away and he coudln't teleport himself out of SM's grip? For christ's sake, a purple eye crippled him once.
The fact that in the same retarded encounter where Superman outran the OE Darkseid was able to casually bfr him shows how retarded their fights are.

Darkseid's teleportation has a 100% success rate whereas the actual Omega Effect (which should logically be much harder to avoid/resist) has a much lower rate.

Juntai
Of course not. Then he wouldn't be "peers with Thor" he'd be better than Thor. Which of course is a crazy concept. stick out tongue Yeah it's not like he hasn't taken on full on gods, went toe to toe with a king angel, defeated the current ruler of Hell in her own dimension where was considered undefeatable and godlike, etc etc etc, you know, the history of Superman, that shows when he turns it on, he doesn't really have an peer among the casual superheros.

Juntai
The fact that in the same retarded encounter where Superman outran the OE Darkseid was able to casually bfr him shows how retarded their fights are.

Darkseid's teleportation has a 100% success rate whereas the actual Omega Effect (which should logically be much harder to avoid/resist) has a much lower rate. Teleporting him away without a fight might not have been his agenda... It's that simple.

Yeah it's not like he hasn't taken on full on gods, went toe to toe with a king angel, defeated the current ruler of Hell in her own dimension where was considered undefeatable and godlike, etc etc etc, you know, the history of Superman, that shows when he turns it on, he doesn't really have an peer among the casual superheros.

All characters are like that because they have to save the day and if you take PIS away, most if not all of their feats of punching so far above their weight class would be erased as they mostly rely on villains being stupid or weaker than usual, forgetting their own powers, or on some plot device.

Juntai
Originally posted by 753
All characters are like that because they have to save the day and if you take PIS away, most if not all of their feats of punching so far above their weight class would be erased as they mostly rely on villains being stupid or weaker than usual, forgetting their own powers, or on some plot device. That's a wicked generalization. As such in the confrontation with Blaze, Superman simply walked through her magic powers.

Juntai
Blah, discussion for another thread another time.
Darkseid wins here.

Warlord
Blah, discussion for another thread another time.
Darkseid wins here.

true

BattleMage
Bill

zeel

Provided written properly....................

Darksied is stronger and more durable then base supes.

If supes was to be bloodlusted and or sundipped of coarse he passes darksied in the strength department by far.

Unlike thanos in marvel darksied gets alot of shitty writing and loses when he shouldnt. darksied should never lose a fight to supes minus if it went to a brawl and he was sundipped. D.C's writing is much more on the inconsistent side with darksied then marvel is with thanos by far.

Gecko4lif
I think it is funny how it never occurred to ds simply to fly over to earth instead of boomtube and crush the planet in his hand

I suppose that would be too hands on

quanchi112
Until it actually deflects the OE assuming the Mjolnir can reflect the OE is asinine. Reflecting the beams to hurt DS is crap writing anyway. It is however canon. if you want to throw out the appearances where it occurs this just makes you biased.

Gecko4lif
It is however canon. if you want to throw out the appearances where it occurs this just makes you biased.

It is also cannon that ds cant be harmed by the omega effect. Period.

Crossovers are secondary cannon at best

Prep-Man
Darkseid.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Gecko4lif
It is also cannon that ds cant be harmed by the omega effect. Period.

Crossovers are secondary cannon at best It's inconsistency and one writer feels he can at least. It's canon and Bill wins.

iceman24567
Darkseid stomps

lightyeargee
Seid seems to be more durable than anything Beta can dish out. Also, Seid was once able to punk Desaad because Seid's body was the only thing powerful enough to contain the Omega Force. So His beams hurting him conflicts with what was established. What would happen to Bill if Seid Simply Teleported the Hammer back a Billion years? And How is Bill's Telepathic resistance? I can't recall him ever fighting any telepath's on Seid's Level. Fire storm is more veratile than Bill. Orion is stronger and Faster. And Seid punked both of them super easily.

quanchi112
Originally posted by lightyeargee
Seid seems to be more durable than anything Beta can dish out. Also, Seid was once able to punk Desaad because Seid's body was the only thing powerful enough to contain the Omega Force. So His beams hurting him conflicts with what was established. What would happen to Bill if Seid Simply Teleported the Hammer back a Billion years? And How is Bill's Telepathic resistance? I can't recall him ever fighting any telepath's on Seid's Level. Fire storm is more veratile than Bill. Orion is stronger and Faster. And Seid punked both of them super easily. Seid's given up against Superman before because his face was taking a real beating, DD beat him in two panels, and Raker humiliated him and had him on his back. Bill beats his head in with the hammer. Seid's only chance is the omega effect but since he can negate it that isn't going to work.

lightyeargee
Seid's given up against Superman before because his face was taking a real beating, DD beat him in two panels, and Raker humiliated him and had him on his back. Bill beats his head in with the hammer. Seid's only chance is the omega effect but since he can negate it that isn't going to work. Don't know who Raker is. Superman has also beaten other sky father's before. And Seid didn't use all his powers when he fought Superman. Not even close. Doomsday is physically the most powerful being in DC that is not abstract.

quanchi112
Don't know who Raker is. Superman has also beaten other sky father's before. And Seid didn't use all his powers when he fought Superman. Not even close. Doomsday is physically the most powerful being in DC that is not abstract. Seid isn't a skyfather. Which skyfathers has Superman beaten because I feel out definitions vary here when it comes to this.

No, he isn't. The writer of this arc stated Superman raised on apokolips and at 95 percent could beat him whereas darkseid could not. he also stated Superman is more formidable than Darkseid and that Darkseid could never defeat DD in a one on one matchup without strategy.

lightyeargee
Seid isn't a skyfather. Which skyfathers has Superman beaten because I feel out definitions vary here when it comes to this.

No, he isn't. The writer of this arc stated Superman raised on apokolips and at 95 percent could beat him whereas darkseid could not. he also stated Superman is more formidable than Darkseid and that Darkseid could never defeat DD in a one on one matchup without strategy.
That's crazy. Orion is every bit a match for Superman and Seid beats him effortlessly. Firestorm is more powerful than Superman. Amazo used Firestorm's powers to beat Superman. And Seid Beat Fire storm. Seid fought Jummy Olsen who had the powers of all the New Gods. Seid also Cracked the Source wall. No Herald has ever done that. He shot the Spectre right in the face. It takes Sky Father power to hurt the Spectre. Like Black Adam when he used Zeus's power to hurt the Spectre. And that was a weak Spectre. Seid Hurt a strong Spectre. High Father Resurrected the Entire Celestial City and Seid has matched or beaten him. Doomsday doesn't even count since he technically can't be beaten by anything but entropy. That's abstract power right there.

quanchi112
That's crazy. Orion is every bit a match for Superman and Seid beats him effortlessly. Firestorm is more powerful than Superman. Amazo used Firestorm's powers to beat Superman. And Seid Beat Fire storm. Seid fought Jummy Olsen who had the powers of all the New Gods. Seid also Cracked the Source wall. No Herald has ever done that. He shot the Spectre right in the face. It takes Sky Father power to hurt the Spectre. Like Black Adam when he used Zeus's power to hurt the Spectre. And that was a weak Spectre. Seid Hurt a strong Spectre. High Father Resurrected the Entire Celestial City and Seid has matched or beaten him. Doomsday doesn't even count since he technically can't be beaten by anything but entropy. That's abstract power right there. No Seid doesn't he recently had his heart ripped out by him. Orion has never been bested by Superman anyways so it's abc logic there, sport.

Seid was oneshotted by the Spectre and did less damage than BA.

DD like I said couldn't beat superman at 95 percent power level according to the writer of hunter/prey.

Zack Fair
Nevermind.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Zack Fair
Nevermind. Not even close.

nicamarvin
Not even close. Quan why did you changen sig again? I liked the Voidtry one.... Happy Dance

quanchi112
Originally posted by nicamarvin
Quan why did you changen sig again? I liked the Voidtry one.... Happy Dance Because I am a man on the move.

nicamarvin
Because I am a man on the move. yeah but some moves are not for the better..... confused

quanchi112
Originally posted by nicamarvin
yeah but some moves are not for the better..... confused Iyo. I still have the other sig so who knows when it will pop up again. I am not even into comics like I used to be more into video games so you're lucky I am still posting here.

nicamarvin
so you're lucky I am still posting here. Yes We are buddy..... wink but Badas is in her Days(PMS) he just closed one of my thread..... roll eyes (sarcastic)

Black bolt z
Iyo. I still have the other sig so who knows when it will pop up again. I am not even into comics like I used to be more into video games so you're lucky I am still posting here. lucky...crylaugh0
We can tell you don't read comics...

quanchi112
Originally posted by Black bolt z
lucky...crylaugh0
We can tell you don't read comics... I actually read them whereas you beg for someone to tell you about them. That's amusing.

Omega Vision
Iyo. I still have the other sig so who knows when it will pop up again. I am not even into comics like I used to be more into video games so you're lucky I am still posting here.
Yes we're fortunate to be blessed with your insightful commentary, unmatched wit, and sterling logic.

Gecko4lif
Yes we're fortunate to be blessed with your insightful commentary, unmatched wit, and sterling logic.
Dont forget impeccable taste in characters to idolize

JakeTheBank
lol

Black bolt z
I actually read them whereas you beg for someone to tell you about them. That's amusing. Obviously you don't read them well.What I have read I understand.You on the other hand see odin making thanos eat dirt the entire fight as thanos winning.

Gecko4lif
Obviously you don't read them well.What I have read I understand.You on the other hand see odin making thanos eat dirt the entire fight as thanos winning.
I believe his words were odin couldnt put him down to thanos is more powerful then him

WhiteWitchKing
Darkseid wins. Bill is a power house for sure but he's outclass here though.

quanchi112
Yes we're fortunate to be blessed with your insightful commentary, unmatched wit, and sterling logic. Finally something I can agree with.

Obviously you don't read them well.What I have read I understand.You on the other hand see odin making thanos eat dirt the entire fight as thanos winning. No, I said the fight ended in a draw but Thanos was really getting steamed and was about to say screw Thor, Odin's MINE!!!!!!!!Originally posted by Gecko4lif
I believe his words were odin couldnt put him down to thanos is more powerful then him Upgrade.

cdtm
Yeah it's not like he hasn't taken on full on gods, went toe to toe with a king angel, defeated the current ruler of Hell in her own dimension where was considered undefeatable and godlike, etc etc etc, you know, the history of Superman, that shows when he turns it on, he doesn't really have an peer among the casual superheros.

And it's not like the OE hasen't outperformed Superman before, like in hunter/prey.

The thing is, Darkseid today is almost nothing like his Kirby days. He'd never engage in hand to hand. Instead, he'd kick back with Desaad, send minions to do his dirty work, and fire off a few Omegas if he got bored. You know, the same Omegas that Infinity Man couldn't resist, who himself is above Superman.

And even post crisis, there's more than enough examples of how powerful Darkseids Omega Effect is that there's no way simple heat vision should be capable of deflecting them... They ignore anything except their targets, for starters. Pass right through them, as if they don't even exist. And even without the Omega Effect, he still matches Highfather in a lot of feats, like creating a counterpart to Takion.

Johnny Sorrow
And it's not like the OE hasen't outperformed Superman before, like in hunter/prey.

The thing is, Darkseid today is almost nothing like his Kirby days. He'd never engage in hand to hand. Instead, he'd kick back with Desaad, send minions to do his dirty work, and fire off a few Omegas if he got bored. You know, the same Omegas that Infinity Man couldn't resist, who himself is above Superman.

And even post crisis, there's more than enough examples of how powerful Darkseids Omega Effect is that there's no way simple heat vision should be capable of deflecting them... They ignore anything except their targets, for starters. Pass right through them, as if they don't even exist. And even without the Omega Effect, he still matches Highfather in a lot of feats, like creating a counterpart to Takion.

Darkseid has gotten lame because writers insist on portraying him as a Superman villain. Of course, that line of thought demands showing Darkseid as a peer instead of a clear superior: the rivalry wouldn't exist if every conflict ended with DS's boot stomping on Kal-El's face. I doubt Superman could have soloed the Legion like a weaker version of DS did, killed Anarky so easily, or stopped Orion dead in his tracks.

Juntai

And even post crisis, there's more than enough examples of how powerful Darkseids Omega Effect is that there's no way simple heat vision should be capable of deflecting them... They ignore anything except their targets, for starters. Pass right through them, as if they don't even exist. And even without the Omega Effect, he still matches Highfather in a lot of feats, like creating a counterpart to Takion. I know Darkseid's history just fine. I have most all of the New God's material. I was the one that pointed out a lot of his feats years ago when most people didn't know of them.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.