Study: 'Extreme Gamers' play 48 hours a week

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

FistOfThe North
Think you're a big gamer? According to a new study from market research firm NPD Group, to be considered among the real hardcore you'll need to play an average of 48.5 hours a week -- nearly seven hours a day.

http://videogames.yahoo.com/events/plugged-in/study-extreme-gamers-play-48-hours-a-week/1400467

whoa..

how many hours a day or a week do you guys play and do any of you consider yourselves "extreme gamers" according to the article's definition of it?

i say on avarage game about 3hrs. a day, more or less.

Smasandian
On average, 2hrs or so.

Weekends is aroudn 6 hours I guess.

It all depends on what else is there to do. During the month of June, I'll probably play a quarter of that due to the World Cup.

WickedDynamite
I think it depends on the game. I devoted hours and hours to games like MW2, Oblivion, Fallout 3, and GTA IV. However, games like WoW, Assassins Creed, Metal Gear Solid I just play them and never really got into them. I also think it depends on your lifestyle...are you a student or a full time employee? Maybe you're a 13 year old with too much time or a married/family person with other responsibilities....different cases.

ArtificialGlory
Looks like I'm an extreme gamer.

Won Fei Fon
You'd think it'd be a lot longer.

No End N Site
I play about 2 to 3 hours every few days(when I can). My consoles have set timers so they auto turn off after 3hrs anyway. I live wit alot of people who will play the shit outta my games 24/7 if I don't do anything.

Sin_Volvagia
I'm only an extreme gamer when it's a boring week.

Esomark
I play less than I used to. It's mainly because of work.

jinXed by JaNx
12 hours a day seven days a week

-Pr-
average is two, though when Just Cause 2 came out i went ten hours straight.

Bladewind
I'm around 48 hours a week I'd say.

SaTsuJiN
I will often play from 5 to 6 hours a day.. but I also ping pong from consoles to pc, and sometimes the handhelds stick out tongue

Juk3n
i play 7 hours a day...and 12 hours a day on weekends..go me!

Won Fei Fon
I get through approximately two and a half hours of play time for every ten hours that I am awake and not eating.

FistOfThe North
Originally posted by Juk3n
i play 7 hours a day...and 12 hours a day on weekends..go me!

are you kidding?

Juk3n
Originally posted by FistOfThe North
are you kidding?

No my day goes like this.

Wake up 7am ---> MW2 till 8am, wake my son up/make breakfast/school run

Back home @ 9:20am (take shoes off get settled make sandwhich)

10:am----> MW2 till 2stick out tonguem

Make Lunch - Have lunch then shower. 3:15pm school run/get son/go shop get goodies.

Back by 3:45 - fanny around till 5pm --> go work.

11PM get back home -->MW2 from 11pm till 2:am.

weekends is up at 7am MW2 till 1pm - lunch - MW2 from 2pm till 6 pm - dinner - Movie with wife/son, if they want, if they dont and are not wanting to use the BIG telly, MW2 from 8pm til 3am.

I love that my wife knows she's married to a hcore gamer. God help her when Guild wars 2 comes out.

AsbestosFlaygon
Nice schedule dude. You are made of feckin winnar.

I'm an 'extreme gamer' myself.

About 4 hours on weekdays, and 14 hours on weekends.

FistOfThe North
played "tekken 6" with a friend yesterday from about 4pm to 7:30pm, drove him home, came back, showered up, and got into "blur" from about 8:30pm till about 2am. so damn that about 7 hrs give or take right there..

holy sh*t, lol.

i'd like to think that i don't game that much but i do. well i guess i dont game that often. like i haven't gamed today. and i don't think i will even even though i called my friend earlier to set up a tekken 6 session at our other friends house, then i'd go get him and we'd go. but i decided to hang out with my girl plus the games on tonight (nba finals) and i haven't seen her in a couple of days.

the day before that 3 of us were on tekken from 5pm to 11pm

No End N Site
"blur"

This game is out already?! Shit!

Juk3n

i'd like to think that i don't game that much but i do. well i guess i dont game that often. like i haven't gamed today.

pfft loser

stick out tongue

FistOfThe North
Originally posted by Juk3n
pfft loser

stick out tongue

ha.

why cause i don't wanna seem like gaming's mostly all i do when it's probably true..

lol

why would i wanna admit that..

i think that should be kept to ones ownself.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.