Dr. Doom vs. Dr. Strange

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Black bolt z
Both are at their max power.No BFR

1:No prep
2:2 days prep for both
3:5 days prep for both.
They both have accsess to their regular materials.

Strange on all of them.

Galan007
Originally posted by Black bolt z
Both are at their max power. Well then.... Doom from "What If: Secret Wars" ftw. happy

tests
classic strange annihilates doom in all scenarios

tests
Originally posted by Galan007
Well then.... Doom from "What If: Secret Wars" ftw. happy [/QUOTE

stick out tongue

quanchi112
Strange wins them all.

Mindset
Lol at you people.

Doom wins.

He has had Beyonder's power or Beyonder's power and the IG.

amnesia
secret wars Doom FTW.

janus77
Doom ftw, don't think classic Strange ever approached Marquis of Death levels of power (nevermind Beyonder levels!).

w/ prep is pure spite against Strange.

chomperx9
Originally posted by Mindset
Lol at you people.

you people sad

Galan007
Originally posted by janus77
Doom ftw, don't think classic Strange ever approached Marquis of Death levels of power That 'version' of Doom has no confirmed feats to warrant placing him on such a high level. Reflect for a moment...

-The MoD turned Doom's blood into acid and sent him to the pre-historic era where he was ripped apart by the 'locals'. He later said that "hate kept him alive", but c'mon, Doom is also an adept time traveler. And as Morgana has demonstrated, time traveling can be used to gain one relative immortality (Dark Avengers #2-3.)

-Doom said that he transformed himself molecule by molecule so the MoD couldn't recognize him - but considering all of Doom's abilities/tech, I doubt it would be that hard for him to change the molecules of his body.

-Doom said that he killed a Watcher - but no specifics pertaining to how he did so were ever revealed.

-Lastly, Doom blasted the MoD after he had already been wtfpwned by the F4, and was pathetically weak.

He just wasn't overly impressive in retrospect. Imo.

Not only that, only clyde could weaken his alternate furture self enough for doom to kill him. Strange gets prep too and he is also a monster with it.

janus77
That 'version' of Doom has no confirmed feats to warrant placing him on such a high level. Reflect for a moment...

-The MoD turned Doom's blood into acid and sent him to the pre-historic era where he was ripped apart by the 'locals'. He later said that "hate kept him alive", but c'mon, Doom is also an adept time traveler. And as Morgana has demonstrated, time traveling can be used to gain one relative immortality (Dark Avengers #2-3.)

-Doom said that he transformed himself molecule by molecule so the MoD couldn't recognize him - but considering all of Doom's abilities/tech, I doubt it would be that hard for him to change the molecules of his body.

-Doom said that he killed a Watcher - but no specifics pertaining to how he did so were ever revealed.

-Lastly, Doom blasted the MoD after he had already been wtfpwned by the F4, and was pathetically weak.

He just wasn't overly impressive in retrospect. Imo.
I disagree on all points above, because what the comics showed were the phenomenal extremes of endurance to which Doom pushed himself in order to create a little gap of a chance by which to destroy (and dethrone) MoD.

Doom grovelled in front of MoD, whether past self or not, he did so for the first time that I can recall in comicdom. He knew that there was no other way of outfoxing an intellect so vast and so beyond his own - remember, even as the "Adept" he was genuine in his role as pupil to MoD, he learned from MoD, he studied him and was given lessons in all manner of things by MoD.

Such a powerful creature wasn't going to be bested by Doom's wits or tech alone, it required sacrifice and to push himself to develop and expand his physical and mental limits.

That is what the survival in the shark infested waters at the dawn of time show, that he was going through an ordeal to learn and to develop. That in coming up with a plan to bring the MoD low, he would develop within himself, the powers that would assure him of a chance to transcend that distance between himself and his master.

I don't believe that a reality warping being who could move abstracts like pawn pieces, would be deceived by simple molecular engineering nor that time travel would present an advantage to Doom against the ever watchful Marquis...

It's Doom's reactions to MoD that should cement just how much of a credible power he was. Doom's never been that taxed or that humble, not in front of Galactus nor even in front of Beyonder (though Beyonder was more powerful, he was also a great deal more naive and guileless).

For the same reasons, I don't particularly see a need to introduce doubt into the narrative Doom lays forth. It wouldn't change the fact that he set MoD against himself (Wyndham) and that he spent thousands of years in the service of MoD, as pupil and aide.

janus77
Originally posted by 753
Not only that, only clyde could weaken his alternate furture self enough for doom to kill him. Strange gets prep too and he is also a monster with it.
outside of Thanos, I don't think anyone in MU comes close to Doom in prep.
just see what he did to Wakanda, to MoD, to Beyonder ...

Doom's almost as adept in magic as Strange, but far superior in every other realm.

just see what he did to Wakanda, to MoD, to Beyonder ...

Doom's almost as adept in magic as Strange, but far superior in every other realm.

He didnt really do much to MoD, the f4 did. Maybe doom anticipated they'd resort to clyde, but it wasn't his plan or even implemented by him.

janus77
Originally posted by 753
He didnt really do much to MoD, the f4 did.
They didn't beat MoD, Doom manipulated them all (including MoD) in order to have them all face off and in order that Clyde would deplete MoD and provide the opening needed.

Galan007
I don't particularly see a need to introduce doubt into the narrative Doom lays forth. Without on panel feats to back up his narrative, it will remain just that: narrative.

Having said that, when this new 'version' of Doom actually preforms universal+ level feats, then I will agree that he should be placed on MoD's level. Until then...

amnesia
Stop thinking that strange can take anyone with prep...

Bouboumaster
1- Strange
2- Doom
3- Doom stomp

The fact is that Strange is weak (against Doom) because he's only overpowerful in one thing: magic. Strange is a MONSTER when it comes to it, and in an encounter, he would probably massacre Doom (That is why I vote for Strange at 1).

But Doom not only master magic, almost as much as Strange, but he's a master of science too. I'm pretty sure that he would benefit from it with prep. Like, launching a gas attack while casting spells, or something like this.

janus77
Without on panel feats to back up his narrative, it will remain just that: narrative.

Having said that, when this new 'version' of Doom preforms universal+ level feats, then I will agree that he should be placed on MoD's level. Until then...
It is the only statement of events you will get (unless Marvel decide to revisit that story), so I don't see it as a situation where doubt is of any particular value. It's all about Doom besting the MoD, about Doom's growth and development beyond someone who was like an abstract-level version of himself.

The whole point is that Doom took MoD down by cunning, willpower, magic, technology and humility, that he grew in power by careful study of and study with the Marquis. The levels of power necessary to beat MoD far outstrip all Strange's resources, imo.

chomperx9
if this is classic strange he owns doom

janus77
Doom could (and would, imo) give Strange fits, even in a straight out non-prep situation with Magics. Doom is only a little behind Strange on this front, but he has personal armour, magic items designed to defend against powerful magical forces (Loki, Nightmare etc) ... these would buy Doom enough time and space to launch a decisive attack (nuke the battlefield, for example) that Strange just cannot survive.

Galan007
It is the only statement of events you will get (unless Marvel decide to revisit that story), so I don't see it as a situation where doubt is of any particular value. It's all about Doom besting the MoD, about Doom's growth and development beyond someone who was like an abstract-level version of himself.

The whole point is that Doom took MoD down by cunning, willpower, magic, technology and humility, that he grew in power by careful study of and study with the Marquis. The levels of power necessary to beat MoD far outstrip all Strange's resources, imo. Doom couldn't do shit to the MoD until he became exponentially weaker - Doom even admitted this (I can post the scan if you'd like to keep arguing about it.)

Stop wanking this 'version'. No need for it (especially considering there's no solid evidence to back it up.)

Mindset
Originally posted by Bouboumaster
1- Strange
2- Doom
3- Doom stomp

The fact is that Strange is weak (against Doom) because he's only overpowerful in one thing: magic. Strange is a MONSTER when it comes to it, and in an encounter, he would probably massacre Doom (That is why I vote for Strange at 1).

But Doom not only master magic, almost as much as Strange, but he's a master of science too. I'm pretty sure that he would benefit from it with prep. Like, launching a gas attack while casting spells, or something like this. Doom is every bit as formidable as Strange in a non prep encounter, not to mention this is the strongest version of Doom which stomps any version of Strange.

amnesia
Doom couldn't do shit to the MoD until he became exponentially weaker - Doom even admitted this (I can post the scan if you'd like to keep arguing about it.)

Stop wanking this 'version'. No need for it (especially considering there's no solid evidence to back it up.)

I want to know what story arc this is.

tests
lmao.. no ****ing way doctor strange (especially classic) loses OR EVEN gets stomped to doctor doom lmfao.

Mindset
Originally posted by tests
lmao.. no ****ing way doctor strange (especially classic) loses OR EVEN gets stomped to doctor doom lmfao. Strongest version of Doom.

Reading comprehension.

lmfao indeed

Omega Vision
Strongest version of Doom.

Reading comprehension.

lmfao indeed
Doesn't say "strongest version" just max power. That could be interpreted a number of ways.

Also I highly doubt the thread started intended this to be Beyonder-empowered Doom.

Mindset
I took max power to mean them at the maximum of their power, my bad?

tests
didn't doom get beyonders powers in a what if issue? Is that even cannon? Barring beyonder doom, strange stomps..

Mindset
didn't doom get beyonders powers in a what if issue? Is that even cannon? Barring beyonder doom, strange stomps.. Secret Wars- Doom with Galactus powers or Beyonder's.

The whole point is that Doom took MoD down by cunning, willpower, magic, technology and humility, that he grew in power by careful study of and study with the Marquis. The levels of power necessary to beat MoD far outstrip all Strange's resources, imo.

I don't see how doom was responsible for the f4's strategy to take MoD down. He only gave the final push towards th abyss. MoD sought the f4 for his own reasons adn they were the ones that defeated him. Doom followed and then took his oportunity to finish him.

Lord_Talron
dont forget strange is getting prep too. he can cast wards to protect him from dooms crazy shenanigans and pick fun things out of his super-special sorcerer supreme toy box too.

Bouboumaster
Doom is every bit as formidable as Strange in a non prep encounter, not to mention this is the strongest version of Doom which stomps any version of Strange.

What's "strongest version of Doom"?

Are we talking here of Doom + Galactus or Beyounder power?

BattleMage
Doom

Mindset
What's "strongest version of Doom"?

Are we talking here of Doom + Galactus or Beyounder power? Until the TS clarifies, that's what I'm using.

Bouboumaster
Until the TS clarifies, that's what I'm using.

I assumed that it wasn't that version, 'cause if so, it is spite against Strange

tests
I assumed that it wasn't that version, 'cause if so, it is spite against Strange

im pretty sure that version of doom is spite against 99 % of the MU lol..

Mindset
I assumed that it wasn't that version, 'cause if so, it is spite against Strange What versions would you suggest?

Omega Vision
What versions would you suggest?
Current Doom with his best tech perhaps?

Mindset
So Doom not at his max that would be stomped by the Strange I'm sure he would like to use?

So Doom not at his max that would be stomped by the Strange I'm sure he would like to use? I think the point is both characters at their strongest with their own power only. Not shuma-gorath vs beyonder.

Nihilist
classic strange annihilates doom in all scenarios

Doom ftw, don't think classic Strange ever approached Marquis of Death levels of power (nevermind Beyonder levels!).

w/ prep is pure spite against Strange.

Isnt SG above MoD? Anyway, Strange isn't greedy, he wants to protect earth and keep balance in the cosmos, not ascend to godhood.

Mindset
Originally posted by 753
I think the point is both characters at their strongest with their own power only. Not shuma-gorath vs beyonder. What's the difference between Doom gaining power through tech and Strange doing it through amulets?

I'd see not allowing Beyonder power, since technically he used Galactus tech, but him with Galactus power should be alright.

Bentley

There is Kang.

Black bolt z
Originally posted by Omega Vision
Current Doom with his best tech perhaps? Let's go with that.I can't believe people are really trying to reason that it is beyonder power doom...

Mindset
Originally posted by Black bolt z
Let's go with that.I can't believe people are really trying to reason that it is beyonder power doom... Yea, we probably got confused because you said one thing and meant another.

So is this current Strange with his best items?

Black bolt z
I intended this to be strongest doom that doesn't make it spite with best tech and sorrcerer supreme strange with best artifacts that doesn't make it spite.

Mindset
So classic Strange?

Bouboumaster
What versions would you suggest?

I would have said Classic Strange vs Current Doom

tests
I would have said Classic Strange vs Current Doom

if its like that, strange in the first 2 scenarios and the third scenario is debatable.

Mindset
I would have said Classic Strange vs Current Doom How is current Doom him at his max power?

If anything it's Hazeereth 3 powerup or however you spell it.

if its like that, strange in the first 2 scenarios and the third scenario is debatable. Doom still wins with prep, he has don more and he has beaten better people.

tests
How is current Doom him at his max power?

Doom still wins with prep, he has don more and he has beaten better people.

who has he beaten thats better than the people strange has beaten?

quanchi112
How is current Doom him at his max power?

Doom still wins with prep, he has don more and he has beaten better people. And so has Strange.

Mindset
who has he beaten thats better than the people strange has beaten? Beyonder

Originally posted by quanchi112
And so has Strange.

That doesn't even make sense to what I said.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.