Mega Man X v.s. Dante

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ScreamPaste
Get at me, Capcom fans. 131

Two of Capcom's strongest protagonists get drunk, and have a disagreement over their favourite colours. They decide to take it outside, when:

gay_rage

The RAAAAGE gets them, and they fight to the death. Yeah. See, I can come up with asinine explanations for these fights, too.

MooCowofJustice
Robots are immune to intoxication.

link-rape

X wins.

ScreamPaste
It's magic booze, composed of 40% JUSTICEAHOL. >_>

MooCowofJustice
X still wins.

Demonic Phoenix
Blue >>> Red.

estahuh

~ SRSLY, this is gonna be a colour debate haermm

BloodRain
Always torn between the two colours :/

Red for all that is... red..

Demonic Phoenix
Blue is still better than Red.

Vergil's cooler than Dante, and he wears Blue 313

ScreamPaste
Red is an infinitely superior colour, but let's not get racist and superficial about our debates. >|

Or something.

UHM, yeah. So. Let's drum up some feats and stuff. Megaman is clearly physicly stronger. The original held up Dr. Wily's fortress, well, a section of it, but still! It counts, and things. Megaman X is stronger.

Sin_Volvagia
Dante wins because he doesn't end up like this:

http://media.giantbomb.com/uploads/3/30424/952006-zero_x_super.jpg

BloodRain
That strength feat is the only feat I know about X so I can say for sure who wins. Though blitzing is always an option.

MooCowofJustice
I've no idea how fast X is, but I know that Megaman deals with Quick Man, and X is faster than that.

I'm quite confident that Megabuster > Dante, as well.

Demonic Phoenix
Originally posted by ScreamPaste
Red is an infinitely superior colour, but let's not get racist and superficial about our debates. >|

Or something.

UHM, yeah. So. Let's drum up some feats and stuff. Megaman is clearly physicly stronger. The original held up Dr. Wily's fortress, well, a section of it, but still! It counts, and things. Megaman X is stronger.

No wai. Blooue beats the crap out of red estahuh

Yeah, X is basically a superior version of Mega Man in every way.
Plus X has weapons that are like hax. Gravitational fields, time-stopping, and so on.
Then there are armors and shit.

Still, hard to say how this fight would actually turn out as they both are drunk. Mehbeh they just hook up with some chick srug

BloodRain
DP your pic and sig display the true winning colour and you know it.

Magabuster is of steel busting power right?

The Scenario
QHWczV0Js8M

2:41

MooCowofJustice
Megabuster on X is version 17 of the original that busts steel.

Edit: I forgot all about Overdrive Ostrich. He's probably my favorite boss in the Megaman games I've played. Except for maybe Storm Eagle.

ScreamPaste
Originally posted by MooCowofJustice
Megabuster on X is version 17 of the original that busts steel.

Edit: I forgot all about Overdrive Ostrich. He's probably my favorite boss in the Megaman games I've played. Except for maybe Storm Eagle.
hYvrh-oTR8s

MooCowofJustice
O.O

BloodRain
And version 17 means..?

The Scenario
hYvrh-oTR8s

Ah, Powerglove. I take it you've heard Power, Wisdom, Courage?

MooCowofJustice
I'd use it to figure for at least seven upgrades in power. 'cause version seventeen means they've improved it seventeen times.

ScreamPaste
Originally posted by The Scenario
Ah, Powerglove. I take it you've heard Power, Wisdom, Courage? Yep, love that song. stick out tongue Saw Power Glove live with Hammerfall, kicked ass to Tetris. cool

Is there a way to estimate how much the Megabuster has improved by?

Demonic Phoenix
Originally posted by BloodRain
DP your pic and sig display the true winning colour and you know it.

Magabuster is of steel busting power right?

Red's WIN, but Blue's even moar WIN estahuh

The basic shots are powerful enough to destroy the other inferior reploids I believe. He has charged shots which are vastly more powerful though. Then there are his other weapons, some of which are hax.
Quicksilver is basically cancelled out by Dark Hold, and Doppelganger is cancelled out by Soul Body, though I think Soul Body has a shorter duration.

As for his speed, not entirely sure. Mega Man has no problem fighting Quick Man, who can reach Mach 5 with no trouble at all. X is much faster than normal Mega Man.

No End N Site
Originally posted by Demonic Phoenix
Blue >>> Red.

RED!!!!!!! Red is the color of your blood when it spills outta your body, it's the better color.

Demonic Phoenix
Red fanbois estahuh

stick out tongue

~ Ironically, some of my favorites have their main colour as Red. Knuckles & Zero being 2 of the cases.

Heythere,Honey
Blue. no expression

BloodRain
Mach 5 is cruising speed for Red stick out tongue

Looks like a situation where DT is vital.

ScreamPaste
Since when? The fastest I've seen Dante run is around bullet speed. O.o

BloodRain
Remember doing this for Dantes rain scene. A raindrop falling 5m/s, now to make rain seem like doesnt move it would have to move extremely slow, about 0.001m/s (or 0.1cm/s). That makes anyone who moves when the rain stops moving -speed- or appearing to move -time powers- at at least 5000m/s (5/0.001=5000)
In the DMC3 intro. Other times are running down the temen-ni-gru,(1800m/s) Vergil vs Abyss,(1000m/s) obtaining Alastor,(1000m/s) snooker shot.(2000m/s) These four are all casual moments as opposed to the above example.

And an unknown feat is in the anime where some guy drives away from from Dante, speeds off from the middle of the city to the outskirts/wasteland and Dante's beaten him there easily. Not his fastest speed but worth mentioning for long distance.

ScreamPaste
In the DMC3 intro. Other times are running down the temen-ni-gru,(1800m/s) Vergil vs Abyss,(1000m/s) obtaining Alastor,(1000m/s) snooker shot.(2000m/s) These four are all casual moments as opposed to the above example.

And an unknown feat is in the anime where some guy drives away from from Dante, speeds off from the middle of the city to the outskirts/wasteland and Dante's beaten him there easily. Not his fastest speed but worth mentioning for long distance. A probable inconsistency that Capcom overlooked. All of his other speed feats set head and shoulders beneath 5000 m/s, and rain isn't something significant enough for them to use to illustrate his speed.

Demonic Phoenix
Originally posted by Heythere,Honey
Blue. no expression

This guy knows what he's talking about.

Mach 5 is cruising speed for Red stick out tongue

Looks like a situation where DT is vital.

You mean Dante? Yeah, Quick Man's cruising speed is Mach 5 as well 313

He's too drunk to turn on DT
Human-thinkbots can handle booze better than human-demonsestahuh

~2000 m/s is still faster than a standard bullet. He should be faster by the time of DMC4.

EDIT: Does Dante have any cutscene speed feats while DT is on?

BloodRain
But as everyone who's played DMC knows casual Dante is nothing compared to a serious Dante. If he's just messing around and goes to speeds of 2000m/s, you don't think him being serious would get to 5000?

Eg, A pro fighter is play-fighting with his 10 year old son, speed he's at there compared to him in a real fight.

Wolverine + regen + beer = no drunkard ahah.... could happen here.

Fastest bullet I know of gets to half his casual. No, he isnt one to use his DT unless needed (he's not a big fan of his devil side if I recall) but in-game he's noticeably faster and in 2 he gains the Quick Heart that makes his DT move even faster, by that id say 5x faster min. Which isnt much when compared to the durability boost given by going devil.

Demonic Phoenix
But as everyone who's played DMC knows casual Dante is nothing compared to a serious Dante. If he's just messing around and goes to speeds of 2000m/s, you don't think him being serious would get to 5000?

Eg, A pro fighter is play-fighting with his 10 year old son, speed he's at there compared to him in a real fight.

Wolverine + regen + beer = no drunkard ahah.... could happen here.

Fastest bullet I know of gets to half his casual. No, he isnt one to use his DT unless needed (he's not a big fan of his devil side if I recall) but in-game he's noticeably faster and in 2 he gains the Quick Heart that makes his DT move even faster, by that id say 5x faster min. Which isnt much when compared to the durability boost given by going devil.

But everyone knows that Wolverine's regen is like better than Galactus' stoned
It could, but apparently, this is magical booze that gets them drunk anyway. In which case, thinkbots have better resistance than human-demons stick out tongue

His speed is amped, that I won't deny. Just how much of an amp though in canon? His gameplay speed is relatively horrid tbh, unless he teleports.

True, and his regen is also much better in DT mode. In DMC3, Nevan DT gives us better regen than the regen of the other weapons.

BloodRain
But everyone knows that Wolverine's regen is like better than Galactus' stoned
It could, but apparently, this is magical booze that gets them drunk anyway. In which case, thinkbots have better resistance than human-demons stick out tongue

His speed is amped, that I won't deny. Just how much of an amp though in canon? His gameplay speed is relatively horrid tbh, unless he teleports.

True, and his regen is also much better in DT mode. In DMC3, Nevan DT gives us better regen than the regen of the other weapons.

Robots have no resistance to magic booze then <o<

5x is fair judging from gameplay, I 'can' say its more from how much other things are increased but Id rather not cause an uproar just to get it.
Totally forgot about Nevan, didn't test that one out as much as the others.

MooCowofJustice
I don't think either one of them can beat the other before the cops show up and arrest them both for public drunkenness.

They can start the fight in a bar if they want, but by the time the cops get there, they'll be in public.

Demonic Phoenix
Robots have no resistance to magic booze then <o<

5x is fair judging from gameplay, I 'can' say its more from how much other things are increased but Id rather not cause an uproar just to get it.
Totally forgot about Nevan, didn't test that one out as much as the others.

But MMX isn't a robot. He's a thinkbot with no organs stoned

5x can be said to be gameplay though. He is much faster than usual when he DTs in canon, but IMO, we can't say just how much faster. Could be 10x, or it could be 2x. Fair enough though, we'll go with 5x. But isn't that with an item?

CosmicComet
X wins the fight, but still loses the color war.

Red > Blue (by ever so slight a margin)

BloodRain
But MMX isn't a robot. He's a thinkbot with no organs stoned

5x can be said to be gameplay though. He is much faster than usual when he DTs in canon, but IMO, we can't say just how much faster. Could be 10x, or it could be 2x. Fair enough though, we'll go with 5x. But isn't that with an item?

......Goddamnit grumpy

Could equipt the Quick Heart for it, just needs to put it on.

The Scenario
While I do favour X in this scenario, I still have doubts to his hypersonic speed. Sure, it was Quick Man's cruising speed, but despite this Quick Man moves primarily by jumping. Plus, I don't really recall X being stated to be that much better than the original.

Still, Blue Bomber FTW.

Nemesis X
Red wins and speaking of red, a lot of it will spill out of Mega Man.

CosmicComet
Originally posted by Nemesis X

Only because Megaman will be vomiting out all the blood that goes down his throat from his obliteration of Dante.

wink

The Scenario
Originally posted by Nemesis X

This makes me doubt you know who X is.

ScreamPaste
Needs more Acrosurge.

So, how does Dante plan to take X down? mmm

MooCowofJustice
He plans to hit him with his sword, but it doesn't work out for him very well.

Sin_Volvagia
Needs more Acrosurge.

So, how does Dante plan to take X down? mmm

Jackpot cool

Phanteros
Originally posted by Sin_Volvagia
Jackpot cool Takes to long.

No End N Site
Seriously doubt Dante stands a chance against X. Maybe 1 X from a particular game, but a composite X? No...

BloodRain
Originally posted by Phanteros
Takes to long.
Its never taken long before.

How hard is it to harm Mega?

ScreamPaste
from what I understand, pretty hard. If we had Acrosurge handy he could tell us.

Frisky Dingo
Originally posted by No End N Site
Seriously doubt Dante stands a chance against X. Maybe 1 X from a particular game, but a composite X? No...

That sig is so awesome......and hot. Win R U going 2 make me 1, like I asked? I like sigs that do.....things + Morrigan has 2 B the hottest VG babe EVAR!

Did I tell U that the quote under UR signature sounds very dirty?

Acrosurge
Needs more Acrosurge.Why? You guys seem to be doing pretty well without me. smile

So, this is just standard X vs standard Dante? No powerups, armors, or special weapons? My initial response is that while Dante possesses superior melee fighting capability, X has superior firepower, durability, and strength.

I'm not sold that speed can win the battle for standard Dante. X and his peers can consistently react to some pretty fast foes, and have some measure of short duration, high-speed movement of their own (though a canon speed for X's dash ability has never been given).

BloodRain
''No powerups, armors, or special weapons?'' It is? What have they got on them then?

X first has to overcome his speed, make sure it isn't blocked by Royalguard then do it all several times in a row as the hits will be recovering at a fast rate.

Going out on a limb and saying that he can beat X with DT.
..unless one ends up in a drunken heap before the fight happens..

Acrosurge
''No powerups, armors, or special weapons?'' It is? What have they got on them then?I dunno. Because it wasn't specifically stated by the op, I assumed it was a standard vs standard battle.

X first has to overcome his speedConsidering that X has overcome a roster of speedsters, I don't see this being a big hurdle.

make sure it isn't blocked by Royalguard then do it all several times in a row as the hits will be recovering at a fast rate.So we're assuming that the character Dante can perform the perfect Royalguard against fully charged X-Buster blasts or a rapid-fire stream of X-Buster blasts? And Dante can do this perfectly every time even while magic-drunk?

Going out on a limb and saying that he can beat X with DT.
..unless one ends up in a drunken heap before the fight happens.. I guess the former is possible, though do we actually have feats for the DT? IMO, Dante has a severe durability and firepower disadvantage to overcome. I haven't seen enough evidence of superior speed to suggest that overcoming such disadvantages is possible. On the other hand, your latter scenario is certainly an option, since they've both been drinking magic-booze. smile

Here's another bit to consider. In Maverick Hunter: X, X manifested the X-Drive for the first time during his battle with Vile. After Zero falls in battle, X taps his own limitless potential and spontaneously increases his own power dramatically. It was a permanent effect for the duration of the battle, unlike Dante's Devil Trigger, which has a time limit.

This is all assuming that X and Dante are in their "standard" modes. If they're both accessing the full measure of their abilities, then this becomes a stomp in X's favor.

BloodRain
Originally posted by Acrosurge
Considering that X has overcome a roster of speedsters, I don't see this being a big hurdle.
He's faster then Quick Man, more importantly his combat speed is faster then Quick Man's movement speed.
So we're assuming that the character Dante can perform the perfect Royalguard against fully charged X-Buster blasts or a rapid-fire stream of X-Buster blasts? And Dante can do this perfectly every time even while magic-drunk?
Well X will be taking magic-drunk shots, he wont be up to his best aim. (To note I was talking about a fight without drunk effects)
I guess the former is possible, though do we actually have feats for the DT? IMO, Dante has a severe durability and firepower disadvantage to overcome. I haven't seen enough evidence of superior speed to suggest that overcoming such disadvantages is possible. On the other hand, your latter scenario is certainly an option, since they've both been drinking magic-booze. smile
DT makes his regen beastly, more so then it already is. Speed and strength are increased about 5x. (Worked out and are actually less then what his regen and durability are increased by) Durability outside gameplay has two examples; one is in the DMC2 trailer where he DT's and tanks a charged blast from Nefasturris, the other is Nero's DB which is in a constant DT state. With it he manages to take a stinger attack from Dante without taking a scratch.
Here's another bit to consider. In Maverick Hunter: X, X manifested the X-Drive for the first time during his battle with Vile. After Zero falls in battle, X taps his own limitless potential and spontaneously increases his own power dramatically. It was a permanent effect for the duration of the battle, unlike Dante's Devil Trigger, which has a time limit.

This is all assuming that X and Dante are in their "standard" modes. If they're both accessing the full measure of their abilities, then this becomes a stomp in X's favor.
Doubt them in their state can muster up anything dangerous. However if its needed or if they get everything them he has Pandora for some powerful range, Gauntlets to augment his strength, Yamato, Sparda and Majin. And that demon aura. Don't see a stomp happening.

ScreamPaste
Vids plx. The rain thing I disagree with on the grounds that it's a common effect used for characters who do not move near 5000 m/s, and that rain is not a significant gauge of speed next to having him outrun bullets, or other more definite stuffz.

His combat speed would be less than a full out run.

MooCowofJustice
Even if Dante and X had equal abilities, I'd give X the edge on the grounds that he is a robot.

BloodRain
Vids plx. The rain thing I disagree with on the grounds that it's a common effect used for characters who do not move near 5000 m/s, and that rain is not a significant gauge of speed next to having him outrun bullets, or other more definite stuffz.

His combat speed would be less than a full out run.
Havnt seen it being used like that except in the link where some guy got the same number for Clark in Smallville. Besides, that effect is used several times in DMC3 so it's not like its its a one-off. He plays around at over mach speeds, him being serious about the kill aka vs Vergil together with how much he's improved from the start of 3 to the end of 2. Yeah, 5000.

Combat speed usualy comes off those 'quick bursts'. Like X's short burst of speed via dash, Sora pulling off superhuman instances off speed while having above average running speed and DBZ etc.

Acrosurge
He's faster then Quick Man, more importantly his combat speed is faster then Quick Man's movement speed.I'd like to examine this a bit closer. First, Mach 5 is Quick Man's cruising running speed. We don't actually know his top speed.

Second, I've seen the DMC3 prologue and I'm not sold that the rain example is an indicator of Dante speed. It appeared to be a simple choice of visual style for those developing that cut scene. One sees this kind of thing in action movies all the time. What other examples does Dante have of speed that puts him above supersonic territory?

Well X will be taking magic-drunk shots, he wont be up to his best aim. (To note I was talking about a fight without drunk effects)No argument there, but then again, X's charged shots are pretty darn huge, easily 6 feet in diameter.

DT makes his regen beastly, more so then it already is. Speed and strength are increased about 5x. (Worked out and are actually less then what his regen and durability are increased by) Durability outside gameplay has two examples; one is in the DMC2 trailer where he DT's and tanks a charged blast from Nefasturris, the other is Nero's DB which is in a constant DT state. With it he manages to take a stinger attack from Dante without taking a scratch.You've used this 5X figure before. Do you have evidence or an example of it?

For durability, X has detonated a neutron missile while riding it and suffered absolutely no ill effects. He's given his power to humans who were, in turn, able to tank nuclear weapons. His armor can withstand lightsaber-like weapons. His peer Zero, of equivalent durability, can tank several strikes from giant blades with edges sharpened down to a single molecule of thickness.

Don't see a stomp happening.Unlimited, instant timestopping, intangibility, control over the elements, gravity, multiple shields that deflect nearly all projectiles or assimilate them, flight, control of tornadoes, the ability to summon dead reploids to fight for him, and the ability to generate soul body clones of himself are just the beginning of X's abilities. He has armors that boost his speed, durability, firepower and regen (yes, X has regen too) through the roof, and that doesn't even cover his instant-kill moves like the Hadouken and Nova Strike. This is just the tip of the iceberg. X literally has amassed more powers than the original number of Pokemon.

To be perfectly honest, I wouldn't want to see a full power X drunk. Most of the time, his power is checked by his mercy for his enemies. Take those inhibitions away, and you have what his creator feared most; a creation with infinite potential power that no force on Earth could stop.

No End N Site
Not sayin' that Dante is faster than X, but Dante's rain feat = made crazy ATK speed.

BloodRain
I'd like to examine this a bit closer. First, Mach 5 is Quick Man's cruising running speed. We don't actually know his top speed.

Second, I've seen the DMC3 prologue and I'm not sold that the rain example is an indicator of Dante speed. It appeared to be a simple choice of visual style for those developing that cut scene. One sees this kind of thing in action movies all the time. What other examples does Dante have of speed that puts him above supersonic territory?
True. Can he fight at 5+ constantly?
That slow-motion effect is widely used in DMC3. Eg: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R_53jO8Ht7Yt 2:28. And Mach 5 for an instant running down the Temen-ni-gru also supported by relative speed increase.

No argument there, but then again, X's charged shots are pretty darn huge, easily 6 feet in diameter.
IF he charge's it up ^^ Not important but how-ish tall is Mega?

You've used this 5X figure before. Do you have evidence or an example of it?

For durability, X has detonated a neutron missile while riding it and suffered absolutely no ill effects. He's given his power to humans who were, in turn, able to tank nuclear weapons. His armor can withstand lightsaber-like weapons. His peer Zero, of equivalent durability, can tank several strikes from giant blades with edges sharpened down to a single molecule of thickness.
From gameplay movement speed (Reference: DMC3) and the Quick Heart that makes his DT state move faster.

No doubt that X's durability is higher, what I'm driving at is that Dante or his DT forms can take on strong hits unscathed (From Nero's punches to beams and power-pokes) so the hits that Mega lands wont be fatal.

Unlimited, instant timestopping, intangibility, control over the elements, gravity, multiple shields that deflect nearly all projectiles or assimilate them, flight, control of tornadoes, the ability to summon dead reploids to fight for him, and the ability to generate soul body clones of himself are just the beginning of X's abilities. He has armors that boost his speed, durability, firepower and regen (yes, X has regen too) through the roof, and that doesn't even cover his instant-kill moves like the Hadouken and Nova Strike. This is just the tip of the iceberg. X literally has amassed more powers than the original number of Pokemon.

To be perfectly honest, I wouldn't want to see a full power X drunk. Most of the time, his power is checked by his mercy for his enemies. Take those inhibitions away, and you have what his creator feared most; a creation with infinite potential power that no force on Earth could stop.
Was under that impression that he could only equipt one of those armours at a time, havnt seen him use several at once. Of what you mentioned only the gravity one poses a threat though there are counters. Timestop/timestop. Elements/elemental weapons and has faced the elements. Shields/Demon Aura or Royal Guard. Soul clones/Shadow clones. And Yamato has the 'can cut all' notion going for it against X' hide.
Lets pray he can hold his booze then.

MooCowofJustice
I think you're underestimating X's powers. Those varied abilities he has are all on a level capable of harming him, which by the way is very difficult to do.

Demonic Phoenix
That slow-motion effect is widely used in DMC3. Eg: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R_53jO8Ht7Yt 2:28. And Mach 5 for an instant running down the Temen-ni-gru also supported by relative speed increase.

IIRC, he can if he wishes to. Mega Man has no problems hitting him as well.

IF he charge's it up ^^ Not important but how-ish tall is Mega?

5 feet 2 inches approx. Give a couple of inches since I think his height is slightly increased in Maverick Hunter.
His fully charged X-Buster shots are typically bigger than he is in terms of height. They change if he has different armors equipped.

No doubt that X's durability is higher, what I'm driving at is that Dante or his DT forms can take on strong hits unscathed (From Nero's punches to beams and power-pokes) so the hits that Mega lands wont be fatal.

They'll still hurt Dante. Not as much as they usually would though, seeing as Dante is drunk and all.

Was under that impression that he could only equipt one of those armours at a time, havnt seen him use several at once. Of what you mentioned only the gravity one poses a threat though there are counters. Timestop/timestop. Elements/elemental weapons and has faced the elements. Shields/Demon Aura or Royal Guard. Soul clones/Shadow clones. And Yamato has the 'can cut all' notion going for it against X' hide.
Lets pray he can hold his booze then.

Yeah, only one armor at a time, but he can change armors if he wants, or he can simply unequip his current armor and then equip a new one in a second.
His Falcon Armor gives him flight capabilities, but that's the X5 version.
If X has Zero's saber, he should have no problems cutting through anything Dante has as well.
With the Hyper (Max) Armor from X3, the range of the Saber is increased drastically, and it becomes a long-range weapon (sends out a cutting energy wave)
His Fourth Armor gives him access to the Nova Strike (a quick, long-reaching dash), during which he is completely invincible. His Ultimate Armor (X4-X6) gives him unlimited access to the Nova Strike, so if he equips the UA, all he technically has to do is to spam NS over and over again.
He can also teleport, though I don't know the specifics on that move. (How good is Dante's teleportation again?)

CosmicComet
Dante has absolutely no means of hurting X at all.

None.

Acrosurge
That slow-motion effect is widely used in DMC3. Eg: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R_53jO8Ht7Yt 2:28. And Mach 5 for an instant running down the Temen-ni-gru also supported by relative speed increase.Thank you for the vid. It does suggest a speed difference between Virgil and his enemies, but nothing that supports Mach 5+ movement speeds. Really, the slow motion seems applied to add style to the battle (like in the 300, MiII, and just about every other modern action movie).

Can you provide more information about Dante running down the tower?

5 feet 2 inches approx. Give a couple of inches since I think his height is slightly increased in Maverick Hunter.By Mega Man X: Command Mission, X is about 5' 4". His body seems to possess the ability to grow taller and other reploids have demonstrated this as well the ability to age to physical maturity.

His Fourth Armor gives him access to the Nova Strike (a quick, long-reaching dash), during which he is completely invincible. His Ultimate Armor (X4-X6) gives him unlimited access to the Nova Strike, so if he equips the UA, all he technically has to do is to spam NS over and over again.There's also the X8 Ultimate armor and the Command Mission Ultimate Armor. The X8 UA allows him to use all his special weapons an unlimited number of times, including the charged versions. It also allows him to use a nigh-instant-kill (reduces the enemies life to 1 HP), invulnerable Nova Strike. The CM UA allows X to fly and shield himself, as well as fire more missiles and beam weapons than an entire sci-fi military.

And I should point out that a composite X would not only be able to access all his armors, but could stack the effects from his weapons. He could stop time, go intangible, switch gravity, and fire rapid fire charge shots.

Time for some durability questions. What are Dante's best durability feats? Has he survived a neutron missile detonation from ground zero? A nuclear missile? When has he taken the firepower of the energy weapons and sabers that are routinely thrown around in the X series?

ScreamPaste
Yeah, it is a commonly used effect, even for characters who are nowhere near as fast as it implies. stick out tongue It's just not very concrete.

BloodRain
@DP: Limited. Gameplay shows it as 5m+ but fast with no before or after lag. Also be used in succession.
Thank you for the vid. It does suggest a speed difference between Virgil and his enemies, but nothing that supports Mach 5+ movement speeds. Really, the slow motion seems applied to add style to the battle (like in the 300, MiII, and just about every other modern action movie).

Can you provide more information about Dante running down the tower?
Difference is that the surrounding are in slow motion while the person is at normal speed. If everything was slowed by the same amount then it would be like those movie scenes, that's not the case here when the ones in question are moving at normal speed when everything else seems to be at a fraction of its speed.

He starts by running faster then his dive freefall, 250~m/s, he then throws his sword while running and assuming its a human level 50m/s the sword was 300~m/s. Runs faster(300~) and shoots a bullet (400~) thats moving 700~m/s which hits the sword and pushes that along to 1000~m/s. (Mach3) Finally Dante runs near twice that when he catches up with it. Hence casually Mach5. Serious and in DMC4/2, the 5000 I said fits in right.
By Mega Man X: Command Mission, X is about 5' 4". His body seems to possess the ability to grow taller and other reploids have demonstrated this as well the ability to age to physical maturity.
Kewl.
There's also the X8 Ultimate armor and the Command Mission Ultimate Armor. The X8 UA allows him to use all his special weapons an unlimited number of times, including the charged versions. It also allows him to use a nigh-instant-kill (reduces the enemies life to 1 HP), invulnerable Nova Strike. The CM UA allows X to fly and shield himself, as well as fire more missiles and beam weapons than an entire sci-fi military.

And I should point out that a composite X would not only be able to access all his armors, but could stack the effects from his weapons. He could stop time, go intangible, switch gravity, and fire rapid fire charge shots.
Even if this composite form has access to all he armours he can only wear one at a time.
Time for some durability questions. What are Dante's best durability feats? Has he survived a neutron missile detonation from ground zero? A nuclear missile? When has he taken the firepower of the energy weapons and sabers that are routinely thrown around in the X series?
Well I don't think he's taken energy weapons from the X series as.... he's not from that series >.> Durability isn't on X's level, nor does Dante have many showings of it. (Usually doesn't get caught in those situations.) Resisting electrocution, being frozen, hell/fire and soul absorption. Only relevant one is taking 20ish Iwanttokillyou punches to the face by Nero who can hold back the entire Savior, and smirks when he takes it. Lets see, his Aura can swat away strong shots and disintegrate stone. And DT blah blah the question isnt if Dante's competes with Mega's, its if the attacks of X that manage to hit him can take him down before he heals back up. Like if he gets the chance to shoot him, he'll be healed back up long before he gets that second shot. (From below v Majin form doesn't take damage and Sparda makes the DT unlimited for what he can take.)

-> Was meant to go somewhere... or to someone <.<: Dante with the Sparda blades power in Majin form amped by Devil hearts+Wearing Gilgamesh for a charged Just attack at the same time using a charged Rebellion or more likely Yamato. Thats flight, large speed, durability and regen increase, massive strength increase, impregnable body with a strong aura cloaking him. With the sword that can pretty much cut anything.

Sin_Volvagia
Originally posted by CosmicComet
Dante has absolutely no means of hurting X at all.

None.

More durability wanking roll eyes (sarcastic)

Dante can hurt X with:

Yamato (cuts virtually anything including fabric of dimensions)
Cerberus (can go absolute zero)
Gilgamesh (busted a gigantic monolith with it)
Ifrit (uses hellfire which is hotter than a volcano)
Charged Ebony & Ivory shots (killed high-level demons)
Pandora (wiped out a group of Dagons)
Sparda (including Devil Trigger attacks)

Dante's greatest durability feat was when he was in his Sparda form. He got skewered by a couple of energy lances, got smacked into the ground by Mundus, and got struck by a barrage of meteors and still managed to be able to fight. Still not on X's level.

The Scenario
I just want to note that Neutron missiles are typically designed to destroy biological targets via neutron radiation, and not explosive force. They can leave building intact while killing everyone inside.

Just saying I would not expect it to kill a reploid.

Acrosurge
I just want to note that Neutron missiles are typically designed to destroy biological targets via neutron radiation, and not explosive force. They can leave building intact while killing everyone inside.

Just saying I would not expect it to kill a reploid. While this is true, a neutron missile detonation still produces between 146 terajoules and 209 TJ at the detonation point. X being able to walk through a 35 to 50 kiloton explosion completely untouched ain't bad at all. And less we forget, in Mega Man ZX, two humans were able to weather one of Protectus's nukes at ground zero when protected by X's DNA.

BloodRain
Dante can hurt X with:

It came to me that Ifrit being hellfire (centre of the Earth temperature) would be above what Megaman's taken heat wise. Others are effective as well.

AsbestosFlaygon
Seems like X is the new top dog of the Games VS forum.

X's versatility is what gives him the edge in this fight.
He's got loads of armors he can equip, and countless hax power-ups.

I don't see Dante's speed as a problem for 'im since he can stop time for a short period, just enough time for him to spam Dante with his Nova Strike if he was donning his Ultimate Armor.
Though I think the Ultimate Armor is overkill.

CosmicComet
More durability wanking roll eyes (sarcastic)

Dante can hurt X with:

-Lol get that shit outta here. It couldn't even cut through the Rebellion sword, which has no special abilities whatsoever.

-Example of this temperature usage. Not convinced of its effectiveness being on par with actual absolute zero on claim alone.

-Less than a nuclear explosion by far.

-Not as hot as a nuclear explosion.

-'high-level demons'. Don't title wank. They have nothing to demonstrate as impressive durability wise.

-Pandora. That useless shit. Nuclear explosion > that.

-Nuclear explosion > Sparda.

BloodRain
Only some armours are effective here and time stop vs time stop is pointless so his speed is still a large edge here. With that speed he'll be getting many more changes to score a fatality.

Though I think Dante can win this, overall Megaman is probably in the top list in the VG world. (Besides deities)

MooCowofJustice
I really don't see how he can win this at all.

Pretty sure Quickman >>>>>>>>>> Dante, and X is >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Quick Man.

BloodRain
Are referring to who's faster or who can beat who? Is confusing.

Because Quickman can't beat/isn't faster then Dante, but X can beat Quickman but isn't faster.

MooCowofJustice
When did Dante move at Mach 5?

BloodRain
Posted the examples on page 1 or 2.

Edit: Goes Mach 5 casually, can go past 15 when serious. And all in his weakest form and before he was awakened. Mach 15 easy.. (And without using DT that makes him faster.)

MooCowofJustice
So it's based on casual Dante vs serious Dante? That's lame as hell. no expression

You're not also basing this on some rain thing are you?

BloodRain
..where is it suggested that it based on that? It's an observation. When he's normal he shows movements at Mach 5. When he's serious (vs Vergil) he moves at 15. The casual/serious thing is for those that doubt the rain scene based on him not doing it all the time.

Yes, I am. Problem?

MooCowofJustice
All of that is pretty lame. Dante vs Vergil is supposed to be Mach 15?

Edit: So, I just watched a Dante vs Vergil battle. None of it looked that fast, but I can't see shit on that video, so, yeah. Then I see something where it looks like he's falling, but I assume that was the running down the wall thing you pointed out, which looks like he just broke the sound barrier. So, Mach 1.

BloodRain
Calculations have been done by a few people on the scene where they move at human speed when the rain appears to have stopped.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_FPrVcnauY 1:05
5m/s rain. (When 10m/s is what rain really falls at and should be used.)
Moving in the scene at 0.001m/s.
5/0.001=5000.

When running down he was moving around 2000m/s (worked out by speed relativity), well above Mach 1. Has moved faster that 'Mach 1' several times. And again, this is DMC3 pre-awakened Dante. Post DMC2 Dante would be far above even this... but to be fair I'll leave it as it is..

MooCowofJustice
Maybe it just stopped raining? Frankly I can't see anything in that scene. Part of why I hate DMC.

BloodRain
Here, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=087gJdYkYF0&feature=fvw 1:10. If you can't see it after that then, ah well..

MooCowofJustice
Yeah, I can't accept that based on slow rain. Because after Vergil slashes Dante, the rain also slows down as he drops. And I don't think he dropped incredibly fast.

But I'll agree they're fighting fast, it just isn't fast enough.

BloodRain
Rain slows down or slow rain <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< appears to have completely stopped.
There is a massive difference, one shows fast movements the other... Yeah, its been done and worked out and by that he's faster then anything X as faced. Including Quickman..

ScreamPaste
So Dante fell at 5000 m/s? >_>

BloodRain
Depends, did the rain 'stop' when he was falling or did it slow down..?

MooCowofJustice
The rain never stopped. It was always moving, but it was slower.

BloodRain
1:10 on the last video I posted, the rain does not move. The only thing you see that is moving are the two.

ScreamPaste
I bet we get some inconsistency if we math the speed of Dante's fall. 131

MooCowofJustice
Well if I pause that video at 1:10 then yeah, the rain won't be moving.

And honestly, what I think that scene is supposed to be showing is that Dante and Virgil are suspending the rain drops with sword strokes or some other power. Because if you'll notice, at the time they stop the collisions, a wave of water crashes on them after what looks like a dome breaks away. The rain around that area was constantly moving.

Also, at 1:04 one of them is moving their sword, and it is hit by a raindrop, and you can see several others falling as well.

Demonic Phoenix
I don't think the rain scenario is canon. Those two stopping rainfall is only shown in the introduction. The cut-scene that plays after their first fight shows a different scenario just before their final sword clash.

BloodRain
I bet we get some inconsistency if we math the speed of Dante's fall. 131
Perhaps. 6m/s falling is a bit fast, but not if you look at the reason for. Eg demonstration of skill over dramatics.
Well if I pause that video at 1:10 then yeah, the rain won't be moving.

And honestly, what I think that scene is supposed to be showing is that Dante and Virgil are suspending the rain drops with sword strokes or some other power. Because if you'll notice, at the time they stop the collisions, a wave of water crashes on them after what looks like a dome breaks away. The rain around that area was constantly moving.

Also, at 1:04 one of them is moving their sword, and it is hit by a raindrop, and you can see several others falling as well.
Dante, Vergil and the camera = only movement.

That kind of power has only been shown from an awakened Dante, and for what reason would they want to use a power to stop the rainfall? Sword strokes would not leave the drops intact and there were drops frozen away from where the swipes landed. That was the force of the clash, also the dome after the clash is smaller then the area show in the previous part.

Just a slower action before the succeeding scene.
I don't think the rain scenario is canon. Those two stopping rainfall is only shown in the introduction. The cut-scene that plays after their first fight shows a different scenario just before their final sword clash.
It's a representation of the fight when the player takes control. If not we have the question to why, if it was non-canon, they would have him do that if it wasn't able to. Then there's the casual to serious thing that helps confirm this speed.

Demonic Phoenix

It's a representation of the fight when the player takes control. If not we have the question to why, if it was non-canon, they would have him do that if it wasn't able to. Then there's the casual to serious thing that helps confirm this speed.

Not doubting his speed. He pulls off something similar (in terms of sword slashes) when diving/running down the tower.
The rain thing in the introduction is likely non-canon though. Mostly due to the fact that the rainfall stopping scene is performed just before their final sword clash.
Yet in the actual cut-scene, Dante just charges at him before their final sword clash.

MooCowofJustice
Size is a different matter on that dome, it's probably just a random inconsistency for aesthetic purposes. And no, I'm positive they are supposed to be suspending the raindrops somehow.

The wave of water that crashes down remains unexplained, and it's very clearly seen. As well as raindrops moving around this dome shaped area.

BloodRain
@DP- That's what I mean by the representation of what the player has to do.

@Moo- Its a large difference. How so? They slash the raindrops they would disperse. Only thing left is for them to use their.. no, Vergil's demon aura to make the rain float around him. I really don't think he's bothered about getting wet to waste energy on that

Slashing and moving at that speed would shatter the raindrops in the area around them, when they go to normal speed the rain would be spread out in that area. Then there's the movement and force from those quick movements on the area around them, same thing happens when brought back to real time. Its the kind of stuff that happens at that speed. In the scene there's rain shown not to move that's not even close to them.

MooCowofJustice
When did I say they slashed the raindrops? I don't know how dude, but it goes like this.

One minute they are fighting, the rain is falling. We get a few different angles and suddenly raindrops aren't moving. They stop, dome, wave of water.

ScreamPaste
Dangit, Rainguy. There is other Dante thread which requires immediate attention of yours. >| Is hard to lay trap when you cannot even trap bait. stick out tongue

BloodRain
When did I say they slashed the raindrops? I don't know how dude, but it goes like this.

One minute they are fighting, the rain is falling. We get a few different angles and suddenly raindrops aren't moving. They stop, dome, wave of water.

''Dante and Virgil are suspending the rain drops with sword strokes'' There I assumed.

The scene when the rain stops is faster then the scenes before. They have no use to purposely stop the rain themselves. The dome wave is explained through their high speed.
Dangit, Rainguy. There is other Dante thread which requires immediate attention of yours. >| Is hard to lay trap when you cannot even trap bait. stick out tongue
Ok ok, I see it now. In wonder to why you made it but nevertheless..

MooCowofJustice
I don't think they're doing it on purpose, but suspended raindrops is undeniable. The wave of water cannot be created without collecting water in one spot. And this water only lands around them.

BloodRain
Said the same thing with BT, the only other explanation is some unknown force or power that makes the rain freeze. A force that has never been shown or hinted on.

The reason why your idea doesn't work; if they were indeed doing something to suspend the air around them then no rain would enter that 'dome' apart from the rain already inside. So no water can be collected since no extra rain could get there.

It only lands around them as that's the area that they were moving so fast in. Moving at that speed would disrupt the rain and push it away from where they move, hence the dome created. Plays out like this: They both move at extreme speeds, so fast the world appears to have stopped. At that speed anything near you will be pushed away from you (creation of a dome close to them) until they revert to normal speed and things play out like normal besides the disruption in the air (dome falling). There, all sorted.

Sin_Volvagia
-Lol get that shit outta here. It couldn't even cut through the Rebellion sword, which has no special abilities whatsoever.

It shoots energy waves, projected aura that killed an acidic demon, cuts through metal, and resisted impacts from powerful demons. It and Yamato aren't Sparda's mementos for nothing. They're more powerful than human swords.

IIRC, it was a description for one of the moves. I think it was Ice Age (the barrier).

X has been damaged by far less. Back in X1, he was paralyzed by Vile in both fights with that large armor.

Hellfire is hotter than an nuclear explosion especially if that hellfire can damage can damage the Frost, who are colder than absolute zero and can resist normal fire without damage.

If those shots can make a large demon like Echidna explode in a single shot, you bet your sweet ass that it'll hurt X.

Useless shit? You mean that same weapon with 666 weapon forms including a buzzsaw, minigun, explosive crossbow, rocket launcher, laser cannon, missile platform, and a flash that destroys all enemies without leaving any remains behind? Don't make me laugh.

So what? Just because Dante isn't packing nukes in his arsenal doesn't make him less dangerous. I highly doubt every enemy he faced shot at him with nuclear weapons. Did Chill Penguin have nukes? How about Flame Stag? Crystal Snail? Clone Zero? Magma Dragoon? Vile? Lumine? X has been paralyzed with an electrical attack.

Stop pulling durability out of your ass.

Demonic Phoenix
It shoots energy waves, projected aura that killed an acidic demon, cuts through metal, and resisted impacts from powerful demons. It and Yamato aren't Sparda's mementos for nothing. They're more powerful than human swords.

They are much more powerful than man-made swords. That's a given.
Yamato being said to have the ability to cut through everything is just hyperbole on the other hand.
Hell, Yamato didn't even cut through Lady's Kalina Ann. no expression

X has been damaged by far less. Back in X1, he was paralyzed by Vile in both fights with that large armor.

Apparently, X being hurt in X1 is somehow relevant to X post Command Mission who is vastly more powerful.
So I guess that DMC2 Dante can be pierced by the very same scythes that pierced DMC3 pre-awakened Dante no expression

If those shots can make a large demon like Echidna explode in a single shot, you bet your sweet ass that it'll hurt X.

Except X has shown durability that is far superior to Echidna's.
A basic E&I shot won't be hurting X. Jackpot-style shot would though.

@DP- That's what I mean by the representation of what the player has to do.

Except that cannot be the case since there is no talking after they perform the rain-feat. It's completely non-canon as it cannot be placed in the time-line of the fight.

MooCowofJustice
Especially since, in that game, Vile was built for war while X was not. He merely had the ability.

It also stands to reason that the robots on that series can hurt X because they're on that level. That's why they are a threat.

Sin_Volvagia
Especially since, in that game, Vile was built for war while X was not. He merely had the ability.

It also stands to reason that the robots on that series can hurt X because they're on that level. That's why they are a threat.

That doesn't answer why Dante wouldn't hurt X.

Demonic Phoenix
Nor does your point about MMX1 give any proof that Dante will be hurting X, as current X is vastly more powerful than MMX1 X.

That said, Dante has the tools to hurt current X IMO. Winning is another question.
Also, both are drunk anyway. >__>

Sin_Volvagia
Nor does your point about MMX1 give any proof that Dante will be hurting X, as current X is vastly more powerful than MMX1 X.

That said, Dante has the tools to hurt current X IMO. Winning is another question.
Also, both are drunk anyway. >__>

I never said Dante would beat X. My first post is a joke (though I was serious about X having a lame design in the Megaman Zero series).

BloodRain
Dante as strong as he is does a fast Stinger at Nero's DB which completely tanks it without a scratch. Sanctus who I would be surprised if he would even get to average human strength could easily pierce his DB with a slow stab from Yamato.

Acrosurge
X has been damaged by far less. Back in X1, he was paralyzed by Vile in both fights with that large armor.Ride Armors are pretty darn powerful. X was much less powerful in X1. His power grows over time.

Hellfire is hotter than an nuclear explosion especially if that hellfire can damage can damage the Frost, who are colder than absolute zero and can resist normal fire without damage.How is Hellfire hotter than a nuclear explosion?

The Ifrit's hellfire is said to be hotter than a volcano. The hottest volcanoes can reach temperatures of 1,500 degrees C. By comparison, the Hiroshima nuclear bomb (one not particularly powerful by today's standards) created temperatures in the several million degrees C. 1,500+ >>> 1,000,000.

BTW, Fire Man from the original Mega Man series could produce 6,000 degree C temps. Heat Man could exceed 12,000 degrees C. Both are outdated technology by X's standards.

If those shots can make a large demon like Echidna explode in a single shot, you bet your sweet ass that it'll hurt X.Does Echidna have quantitative durability feats?

So what? Just because Dante isn't packing nukes in his arsenal doesn't make him less dangerous. I highly doubt every enemy he faced shot at him with nuclear weapons. Did Chill Penguin have nukes? How about Flame Stag? Crystal Snail? Clone Zero? Magma Dragoon? Vile? Lumine? X has been paralyzed with an electrical attack.Dante has been injured by much weaker. The point is that his best durability feats are far out-scaled by X's best.

I never said Dante would beat X. My first post is a joke (though I was serious about X having a lame design in the Megaman Zero series). You showed us a picture of Cyber Elf X. This is the spirit form X manifests in the Zero series. His physical body, on the other hand, looks similar to its appearance in the X series. And whether it looks lame to you or not, X in that form was able to shatter Omega's power. He was also able to knock a unit of reploids unconscious with a thought.

MooCowofJustice
I believe he based hellfire's heat on the center of the Earth.

Demonic Phoenix
Dante as strong as he is does a fast Stinger at Nero's DB which completely tanks it without a scratch. Sanctus who I would be surprised if he would even get to average human strength could easily pierce his DB with a slow stab from Yamato.

And this somehow nullifies the fact that it never cut through Lady's KA when Vergil tried to? no expression

BloodRain
Lady was never a threat to him, and it 'can' cut anything not always going to. Like if he were to drop it wouldn't cut through the ground until the guard stops it. Its the relation of the power used and has already been proven to be able to cut tens of thousands of times easier then a normal blade.

Demonic Phoenix
The problem is that it has been stopped, by Lady no less, as well as Dante. Vergil was actually on 'top' of her at one point. Logic dictates that X will have no trouble stopping it from cutting him, if Dante and Lady could do so.

Sin_Volvagia

Nero's arm is pretty strong and is even used as a shield.

How is Hellfire hotter than a nuclear explosion?

Why wouldn't it be? It's usually known as the hottest element in fiction. I also hear that the Earth's core is hotter than the surface of the Earth.

It did survive a fight with Nero, though it is never shown in the cutscene (because it's all done in the boss fight). Can't say that qualifies.

Much weaker than Chill Penguin? No.

BloodRain
And a few seconds before they both cut through a missile shot at them, like I said its all in how its used. More importantly it has shown to have 30kx cutting power a sharp sword. Cutting the fabric of space lethal.

He doesn't need to have durability over him, X will be taking so much more hits then Dante.

Demonic Phoenix
And a few seconds before they both cut through a missile shot at them, like I said its all in how its used. More importantly it has shown to have 30kx cutting power a sharp sword. Cutting the fabric of space lethal.

He doesn't need to have durability over him, X will be taking so much more hits then Dante.

Or that Yamato being able to cut through anything is just hyperbole.
It's extremely sharp, no doubt, but if Dante can stop it, X can do so as well.

BloodRain
Cutting the Hell Gate, the fabric of space and Nero's Devil Bringer shows its cutting power in the right hands is able to cut Megaman.

An old man had more cutting power with it then Dante had with his normal sword. Dante's strength and speed behind a 30,000+x sharper then Rebellion blade..

Demonic Phoenix
Which is why Vergil was able to cut through Rebellion amirite?
After all, he too can cut the fabric of space.

BloodRain

Demonic Phoenix
Logic dictates that X will have no trouble stopping it from cutting him, if Dante could do so.
if Dante can stop it, X can do so as well.

BloodRain
Well played..

If its used like a normal sword it will have very high cutting strength. But if its power is used it can go to what I mentioned eg dimensional slashes.

The Scenario
Why wouldn't it be? It's usually known as the hottest element in fiction. I also hear that the Earth's core is hotter than the surface of the Earth.

This isn't the hellfire of other fiction. This is Devil May Cry Hellfire, which seems to have an actual statement on its heat. Near that of a volcano is the best it's got.

BloodRain
It's not even close to volcano temperature.

The Scenario
I thought that was what Ifrit's Hellfire was stated to be. That's what Acrosurge said, at least, and I sorta trust the guy.

Sin_Volvagia
This isn't the hellfire of other fiction. This is Devil May Cry Hellfire, which seems to have an actual statement on its heat. Near that of a volcano is the best it's got.

Ifrit is hotter than a volcano. Or were you talking about the Megaman bosses?

iChaos
Vergil was actually on 'top' of her at one point.

Hahahahahahahahahahaha.

Demonic Phoenix

Hopefully that is a typo (and you meant surface of the Sun), as it's pretty obvious that the Earth's core is much hotter than the Earth's Surface.
That said, the Inner Core of the Earth is believed to have a temperature roughly as hot as the Sun's Surface, which is approximately 5500 degrees Celsius. That is nowhere near the temperature that X has tanked.

That said, Ifrit's Hellfire is said to be hotter than the temperature of a Volcano. I personally don't know the temperature of a Volcano, but I do know that it isn't even in the same ball-park as 5500 degrees Celsius. Ifrit's Hell-fire shouldn't be close to 5500 as well, going by the description alone.

Much weaker than Chill Penguin? No.

Chill Penguin wouldn't give Dante or post CM X any sort of trouble and would in fact be swatted aside like the bug he is. Your point is irrelevant.
It's like saying me saying DMC3 Vergil would give DMC2 Dante trouble. no expression

Well played..

If its used like a normal sword it will have very high cutting strength. But if its power is used it can go to what I mentioned eg dimensional slashes.

As far as I know, Dante has cut through a Hell-Gate with one of those dimensional slashes. Was that HG the same as the HG that Berial had? Because Lucifer easily destroyed one of those structures as well, albeit with multiple attacks.

Also, you must remember, both are drunk in this fight and affected by RAAAGE. stick out tongue
I honestly am expecting a fist-fight between the two, as opposed to the usage of swords and special weapons/attacks.

BloodRain
I thought that was what Ifrit's Hellfire was stated to be. That's what Acrosurge said, at least, and I sorta trust the guy.
Half true statement. The demons Frost don't even flinch from volcano heat but the Ifrit flames destroys them. A volcano would be a small fraction of Ifrit's heat.

As far as I know, Dante has cut through a Hell-Gate with one of those dimensional slashes. Was that HG the same as the HG that Berial had? Because Lucifer easily destroyed one of those structures as well, albeit with multiple attacks.

Also, you must remember, both are drunk in this fight and affected by RAAAGE. stick out tongue
I honestly am expecting a fist-fight between the two, as opposed to the usage of swords and special weapons/attacks.
Berial's (and the other twos) were minuscule to the true Hell Gate.

Expecting? I'd be hoping to see a drunk fist-fight between 'em.

Acrosurge

Kirikaze Fuuma

Acrosurge
Originally posted by Kirikaze Fuuma
Agreed with this. Even X has reactive armor skeleton which would reduce the damage until 93%. I'd like to see how 6000 celcius degree burned X while the damage is reduced by 93%.

But, what's with nuclear warhead at ground zero? Did X or Zero ever tank such an explosion? X tanked a Neutron Missile in Mega Man X2. In Mega Man Zero 2, Zero fought Omega inside a giant warhead in flight and was still inside when the warhead detonated. In Mega Man ZX, X gives his power and DNA to a human, and the human is able to withstand one of Protectus's nuclear missiles.

And to add clarity to your post, X's reactive skeleton reduces damage to his body by 93%. This inner skeleton is augmented and covered by his standard, blue Titanium X alloy armor, which is responsible for his exceptional durability.

Demonic Phoenix
Agreed with this. Even X has reactive armor skeleton which would reduce the damage until 93%. I'd like to see how 6000 celcius degree burned X while the damage is reduced by 93%.

But, what's with nuclear warhead at ground zero? Did X or Zero ever tank such an explosion?

In Zero 3, Zero is inside a missile that detonates and destroys Area Z. Omega, Zero & the Baby Elves all tank the explosion, though it's likely Omega had some protective system built around him while he was immobile in the missile.

Acrosurge
In Zero 3, Zero is inside a missile that detonates and destroys Area Z. Omega, Zero & the Baby Elves all tank the explosion, though it's likely Omega had some protective system built around him while he was immobile in the missile. Omega is simply a beast across the board. Fefnir and Leviathan fought him together before he integrated the Dark Elf back into his systems. They couldn't even scratch him. Remember, it took both X and Zero fighting together to put Omega down the first time (they used a Final Strike to get the job done). The second time, Zero and X teamed up again, although X only helped Zero from afar then protected Zero from Omega's ultimate explosion.

Demonic Phoenix
Omega is simply a beast across the board. Fefnir and Leviathan fought him together before he integrated the Dark Elf back into his systems. They couldn't even scratch him. Remember, it took both X and Zero fighting together to put Omega down the first time (they used a Final Strike to get the job done). The second time, Zero and X teamed up again, although X only helped Zero from afar then protected Zero from Omega's ultimate explosion.

Yes, but he was immobile inside the missile. Even if he is insanely durable, Weil doesn't strike me as the type of man who would throw caution to the wind and leave Omega without any sort of protection.
He likely already knew that Omega could tank the explosion, but he wouldn't leave his greatest asset unprotected.

Sin_Volvagia
X tanked a Neutron Missile in Mega Man X2.

You sure about that? I've played X2 on the SNES and I don't remember him tanking anything like that. Was it part of gameplay?

The Scenario
YPOVA6gwB4k

Sin_Volvagia
YPOVA6gwB4k

I dunno if I can count that as a durability feat since X gets damaged by much lesser threats but whatever.

MooCowofJustice
That's not based on the gameplay is it?

Demonic Phoenix
I hope he's still not hung on using Vile hurting him way back in X1 as an argument. no expression

CosmicComet
If he is able to tank things like nuclear explosions and neutron missiles etc, and still be hurt by his enemies, that doesn't lower the obvious power of what he did tank.

It just means his enemies are hitting with attacks that have A LOT of power, simply concentrated into a much smaller area.

DMC attacks don't get that benefit of the doubt because we never see the juxtaposition of nuclear weapon tanking whilst being able to be harmed by smaller scale boss/enemy attacks etc.

Kirikaze Fuuma
If he is able to tank things like nuclear explosions and neutron missiles etc, and still be hurt by his enemies, that doesn't lower the obvious power of what he did tank.

It just means his enemies are hitting with attacks that have A LOT of power, simply concentrated into a much smaller area.

Is that mean small bee mavericks (Like in X8) has a power more than a nuclear blast? Don't get me wrong. I'm not downplaying X. It's just I want to know about this.

CosmicComet
are those bee things just gameplay? i dont actually know as I've never played X8, if its just gameplay then its not worth mentioning really.

what i meant was just canon damage, like in any cutscenes.

Demonic Phoenix
Is that mean small bee mavericks (Like in X8) has a power more than a nuclear blast? Don't get me wrong. I'm not downplaying X. It's just I want to know about this.

That's just gameplay. If we took gameplay damage into account, Dante would be severely gimped as well.

Acrosurge
Is that mean small bee mavericks (Like in X8) has a power more than a nuclear blast? Don't get me wrong. I'm not downplaying X. It's just I want to know about this. No. It certainly does not have power equal to a nuclear strike. There are, however, Mavericks that are much more powerful.

Regardless, it doesn't change the fact that Dante has no durability feats to come close to X's best. And if we're considering gameplay enemy damage, then Dante can be mauled by some pretty weak enemies, as Demonic Phoenix has pointed out.

XMr. WinterX

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.