Fatal Five vs The Tyrant

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

TheTyrant
Pre-Crisis versions for the F5.
Depowered Tyrant.

CIS, PIS, and CIP are off.

Discuss.

Prep-Man
Can Tharok have prep?

cdtm
Depowered version of Tyrant actually struggled about as much with putting down Gladiator as Validus did with PC Superboy and Mon-El.

I'm not sure if he can put Tyrant down, but he should certainly be capable of holding his own, equaling or bettering Thanos's performance, and letting the other four try attacking his blindside...

Plus, Morg did make him cry out in pain, and Persuader and Mano have superior weapons..

Omega Vision
PC FF FTW. I can see PC Validus alone stalemating him or at least coming close to stalemating.

celeyhyga17
hmm.........

Validus was a beast. Plus he just looked digusting to me. He can punk SBP with but a gesture. When you add the others, they are really tough. Sarya could make things tough for Tyrant also. I'm unsure of how he could deal with really strong magic.

Something keeps telling me to go with Tyrant, but I'll go with a stalemate???? -_-

KuRuPT Thanosi
Tyrant pulls out some hard fought victories for a majority. He's on another level compared to all in this thread and that would be the difference. We've seen him deal with a team of HH with ease. We've seen him scare off and get the better of Thanos. Lastly, we've seen him punk a well fed Galactus who need help to take him down. All that tells me he beats this team.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
Tyrant pulls out some hard fought victories for a majority. He's on another level compared to all in this thread and that would be the difference. We've seen him deal with a team of HH with ease. We've seen him scare off and get the better of Thanos. Lastly, we've seen him punk a well fed Galactus who need help to take him down. All that tells me he beats this team.
PC Fatal Five could beat Thanos as well, with greater ease than DP Tyrant.

cdtm
Originally posted by Omega Vision
PC Fatal Five could beat Thanos as well, with greater ease than DP Tyrant.

Yeah, Validus was ridiculous. Everyone knows about hitting Superboy out of a solar system, but I think it was even more impressive when Validus was smothering one of the heavy hitters, while believing he's just playing like a child plays..

Mon-El also nearly knocked himself out just charging into him.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by cdtm
Yeah, Validus was ridiculous. Everyone knows about hitting Superboy out of a solar system, but I think it was even more impressive when Validus was smothering one of the heavy hitters, while believing he's just playing like a child plays..

Mon-El also nearly knocked himself out just charging into him.
And yet all PC Darkseid had to do to create him was wave his hand. cool

KuRuPT Thanosi

Prep-Man
The other members are almost equaly as dangerous as Validus. Emerald Empress's weapon cannot be destroyed and is very powerful, Tharok is a genius, right up there with B5, Mano destroys planets with a single touch, and Persuader can cut through ANYTHING.

Simbon
Originally posted by Prep-Man
The other members are almost equaly as dangerous as Validus. Emerald Empress's weapon cannot be destroyed and is very powerful, Tharok is a genius, right up there with B5, Mano destroys planets with a single touch, and Persuader can cut through ANYTHING.

I strongly disagree with this. None of the others have feats even remotely on Validus' level, who is arguably the most formidable brawler in comic history. In terms of raw power he is probably skyfather level. Mano's planet-destroying touch took all his power, which doesn't put him above BRB, who was literally nothing to tyrant. Tyrant would one-shot Mano with an optic blast. Really, the only way the FF can win is if they strategize well, let Validus lead the charge and hope they can catch Tyrant off balance. Even then, we don't know how versatile Tyrant's power is, or if his technokinesis would affect any of the FF -- if he has even half of surfer's versatility (which would only make sense), the team is totally screwed, since he could just BFR Validus and then one shot everyone else.

cdtm
Originally posted by Simbon
I strongly disagree with this. None of the others have feats even remotely on Validus' level, who is arguably the most formidable brawler in comic history. In terms of raw power he is probably skyfather level. Mano's planet-destroying touch took all his power, which doesn't put him above BRB, who was literally nothing to tyrant. Tyrant would one-shot Mano with an optic blast. Really, the only way the FF can win is if they strategize well, let Validus lead the charge and hope they can catch Tyrant off balance. Even then, we don't know how versatile Tyrant's power is, or if his technokinesis would affect any of the FF -- if he has even half of surfer's versatility (which would only make sense), the team is totally screwed, since he could just BFR Validus and then one shot everyone else.

Persuader's axe is at least as ridiculous as Validus, imo..

Keeping himself from falling by chopping gravity? Cutting up a Sun Eater?

If it was Thanos was Persuaders Axe vs Validus, personally I'd vote for Thanos.

As far as Tyrant goes, Morg managed to make Tyrant scream a little with a few chops of his axe, which isn't anywhere near as powerful as Persuaders.

lightyeargee
A PC Kryptonian would give Tyrant a hell of a fight as they would beat Thanos. They would beat the team Tyrant fought. Validus is beyond the PC Kryptionians by a fair amount. He's as powerful as Tyrant was shown or more so. Unless someone thinks Tyrant would take down PC Superman easily. Wouldn't happen.

Persuaders ax, cut thru Brainiac's Force Field. The same one that stood up to PC Kryptionian punches, Karate Kid's Kicks, Blast, Validus's lightning, etc. It would split Tyrant in half.

cdtm
Originally posted by lightyeargee
A PC Kryptonian would give Tyrant a hell of a fight as they would beat Thanos. They would beat the team Tyrant fought. Validus is beyond the PC Kryptionians by a fair amount. He's as powerful as Tyrant was shown or more so. Unless someone thinks Tyrant would take down PC Superman easily. Wouldn't happen.

Persuaders ax, cut thru Brainiac's Force Field. The same one that stood up to PC Kryptionian punches, Karate Kid's Kicks, Blast, Validus's lightning, etc. It would split Tyrant in half.

Darkseids non watered down Omegas took some effort breaking it, too.

Simbon
Persuader's axe is at least as ridiculous as Validus, imo..

Keeping himself from falling by chopping gravity? Cutting up a Sun Eater?

If it was Thanos was Persuaders Axe vs Validus, personally I'd vote for Thanos.

As far as Tyrant goes, Morg managed to make Tyrant scream a little with a few chops of his axe, which isn't anywhere near as powerful as Persuaders.

If by "axe" you mean "ultimate nullifier", sure. Yeah, Morg's axe isn't as powerful as Persuaders, but I don't think we should sell either it or Terrax's weapons short; Terrax's we know can cut through heralds like a normal axe cuts through humans. Stormbreaker can smash planets. All those weapons meant jack against Tyrant. In fact, I should have been clearer before: Persuader, along with Validus, is the only reason this team can win, but if they just charge out of order Tyrant will chew them up. Their winning strategy is for Validus to go first, stall Tyrant (we must presume he doesn't BFR) while the others come from side, giving Persuader an opportunity for a critical strike w/ the axe, followed by more punishment from Validus. I still give Tyrant 7/10; 5-6/10 if FF gets a minute to hash out a plan of attack beforehand. Once again, it is hard to gauge without knowing more about Tyrant's versatility. If he can pull stuff out of his ass like Surfer can, just with more power behind it, then I would say he even gets 9/10.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Originally posted by Simbon
If by "axe" you mean "ultimate nullifier", sure. Yeah, Morg's axe isn't as powerful as Persuaders, but I don't think we should sell either it or Terrax's weapons short; Terrax's we know can cut through heralds like a normal axe cuts through humans. Stormbreaker can smash planets. All those weapons meant jack against Tyrant. In fact, I should have been clearer before: Persuader, along with Validus, is the only reason this team can win, but if they just charge out of order Tyrant will chew them up. Their winning strategy is for Validus to go first, stall Tyrant (we must presume he doesn't BFR) while the others come from side, giving Persuader an opportunity for a critical strike w/ the axe, followed by more punishment from Validus. I still give Tyrant 7/10; 5-6/10 if FF gets a minute to hash out a plan of attack beforehand. Once again, it is hard to gauge without knowing more about Tyrant's versatility. If he can pull stuff out of his ass like Surfer can, just with more power behind it, then I would say he even gets 9/10.

This is pretty much spot on and exactly how I feel about this matchup. Imo Tyrant is above Odin in power... I would give Odin the majority over this team, thus so would Tyrant. Tyrant was one shotting Peak Heralds like they were nothing. Got the better of Thanos and made him flee for fear of dying which rarely ever happens, and give you an idea how strong he felt Tyrant was when he engaged him. Then punked a "I haven't felt this good in ages" Galactus, who needed help just to make it through. Grated we don't know how versatile Tyrant is, but it stands to reason he should be way more versatile than even Surfer. Afterall, he was made in Galactus image and thus has way way exponentially more power cosmic than any Herald. Even at a DP level it should still be a great deal more power and versatility going by logic. If that is true... he takes out this team even easier.

lightyeargee
This is pretty much spot on and exactly how I feel about this matchup. Imo Tyrant is above Odin in power... I would give Odin the majority over this team, thus so would Tyrant. Tyrant was one shotting Peak Heralds like they were nothing. Got the better of Thanos and made him flee for fear of dying which rarely ever happens, and give you an idea how strong he felt Tyrant was when he engaged him. Then punked a "I haven't felt this good in ages" Galactus, who needed help just to make it through. Grated we don't know how versatile Tyrant is, but it stands to reason he should be way more versatile than even Surfer. Afterall, he was made in Galactus image and thus has way way exponentially more power cosmic than any Herald. Even at a DP level it should still be a great deal more power and versatility going by logic. If that is true... he takes out this team even easier.
How the hell are you saying Tyrant is above Odin in power? Odin dealt with Surfer and other herald types far easier than Tyrant Did? Tyrant doesn't have Odin's feats. And Tyrant needs orbs to power himself. Odin is the power source. Not only that, PC Superman is more powerful than Thanos, and Tyrant had trouble putting down Thanos. Validus bitched PC Valor and Superboy at the same time. His lightning could vaporize PC Daxamites.

TheTyrant
How the hell are you saying Tyrant is above Odin in power? Odin dealt with Surfer and other herald types far easier than Tyrant Did? Tyrant doesn't have Odin's feats. And Tyrant needs orbs to power himself. Odin is the power source. Not only that, PC Superman is more powerful than Thanos, and Tyrant had trouble putting down Thanos. Validus bitched PC Valor and Superboy at the same time. His lightning could vaporize PC Daxamites.

Those orbs only gave him knowledge, not extra power. Read cosmic powers unlimited 2 and 3.

KuRuPT Thanosi

lightyeargee

KuRuPT Thanosi

cdtm
He three shotted Gladiator.

Glads got up from the first shot. Odin could've put him down in a single attempt, as he's at most as durable as Surfer.. And Surfer ended up taking even more effort for Tyrant to put down.

Bentley

Glads got up from the first shot. Odin could've put him down in a single attempt, as he's at most as durable as Surfer.. And Surfer ended up taking even more effort for Tyrant to put down.

Glads is weak to magic so the point is as moot as they come.

lightyeargee

lightyeargee
Originally posted by Bentley
Glads is weak to magic so the point is as moot as they come. Drax is more durable and Stronger than Gladiator and he was One shotted By Odin.

cdtm
Originally posted by Bentley
Glads is weak to magic so the point is as moot as they come.

Since when?

Glads isn't Superman. (And by that, I mean I'm not aware of any writer claiming he has the "Weak as anyone else against magic" that some writers play on Superman, vs the "Supes is especially weak against magic" argument..)

Anyways, the point was to debunk that Tyrant was one shotting everyone, which clearly wasn't the case. Plus there's still the direct Surfer comparison.

Omega Vision

Stoic
When Tyrant fought those guys, he was playing with them. No one has even seen Tyrant exert all of his might in a comic, therefore my vote is with Tyrant dismantling the Fatal Five.

cdtm
That only follows if Odin was going all out.

Kind of impossible to prove one over the other. All we can go by, is what happened on panel.

And the fact is, Odin handled Surfer a lot easier than Tyrant did.

Not to mention, even Thanos never once laid a hand on Odin, yet he, Morg, and Ganymede made Tyrant cry out in pain.

lightyeargee
Originally posted by Stoic
When Tyrant fought those guys, he was playing with them. No one has even seen Tyrant exert all of his might in a comic, therefore my vote is with Tyrant dismantling the Fatal Five. Wait, you are voting based upon what we haven't seen?

lightyeargee
That only follows if Odin was going all out.

Kind of impossible to prove one over the other. All we can go by, is what happened on panel.

And the fact is, Odin handled Surfer a lot easier than Tyrant did. And Drax is Superior Physically to EVERYONE and he got one shotted by Odin without Odin breaking a sweat.

KuRuPT Thanosi

The elbow ended Gladiator with ease... Three shot.. huh... you're counting Tyrant increasing his eye beams and overpowering Glads as two seperate shots? Nah. At most he two shot glads but really it took one elbow and Glads was out. Surfer was put down with ONE shot.. he just got back up later in the battle after Tyrant got done one shotting others. only to be dealt with easily again.

KuRuPT Thanosi
And Drax is Superior Physically to EVERYONE and he got one shotted by Odin without Odin breaking a sweat.

Drax is superior to Glads physically... nah. Sorry.

lightyeargee
Drax is superior to Glads physically... nah. Sorry. Hulk is Superior to Glads. We've seen that. And Drax is Superior To Hulk. Hulk could do nothing with Drax. Drax had the PG which Drax subconsiously drew on to amp his stats indefinitely. Why do you think Thor was such a beast in Blood and Thunder? The PG. Odin Put Drax down with one shot.

Stoic
Wait, you are voting based upon what we haven't seen?

I recall Tyrant wanting to keep them alive so that he could eat them like you and I would eat an orange. This leads me to believe that he was handling them with kids gloves. It was evident that Tyrant was toying with them, Beta Ray Bill hit him with everything he had, and he smiled at him. In the Stormbreaker mini Bill also hit a small planet with similar force and turned it into dust, so to make light of the guys that Tyrant was toying with is or should be a no no.

lightyeargee
Originally posted by Stoic
I recall Tyrant wanting to keep them alive so that he could eat them like you and I would eat an orange. This leads me to believe that he was handling them with kids gloves. It was evident that Tyrant was toying with them, Beta Ray Bill hit him with everything he had, and he smiled at him. In the Stormbreaker mini Bill also hit a small planet with similar force and turned it into dust, so to make light of the guys that Tyrant was toying with is or should be a no no. That still doesn't compare to Odin being able to Crumble Galaxies.

cdtm
Tyrant could too.

Only, at full power. This Tyrant was a long way from full power.

KuRuPT Thanosi

Stoic
Hulk is Superior to Glads. We've seen that. And Drax is Superior To Hulk. Hulk could do nothing with Drax. Drax had the PG which Drax subconsiously drew on to amp his stats indefinitely. Why do you think Thor was such a beast in Blood and Thunder? The PG. Odin Put Drax down with one shot.

I would normally agree with you, but Drax could only access the power of the Power Gem on a subconscious level. Had you said Warlock or Thanos I would be in full agreement. Drax was also below a rampaging Hulk in terms of power without the gem. Warlock stated that Drax was as powerful as a non adrenalin powered up Hulk without the gem, and as I stated earlier, Drax never had full control of the gem, because of his retarded brain development.

cdtm
Where do you get that he was well fed?

Big G had to go looking for his herald. The fact Galactus exerted himself just to pick his herald up says it all right there.

No herald = no eating = hungry Galactus.

Stoic
That still doesn't compare to Odin being able to Crumble Galaxies.

Galactus himself stated that a battle between him and Tyrant would destroy the universe, if I am not mistaken. This in my opinion would place Tyrant a couple notches above Odin.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Where do you get that he was well fed?

Big G had to go looking for his herald. The fact Galactus exerted himself just to pick his herald up says it all right there.

No herald = no eating = hungry Galactus.

You obviously have no clue what you're talking about. He FED BEFORE HIS BATTLE WITH TYRANT and SAID HE HADN"T FELT THIS GOOD IN ALONG TIME. THE PLANET WAS ESPECIALLY RIPE WITH NUTRIENTS

Simbon

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.