Marvel vs. DC:Who is a stupider

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Black bolt z
Which comic company generally have stupider

1:Heros/villains
2:General poplulation

and why?

JakeTheBank
This will go great. smile

nicamarvin
Originally posted by Black bolt z

and why? In B4 Close.... cool

Black bolt z
Originally posted by nicamarvin
In B4 Close.... cool It's a vs. thread... embarrasment

nicamarvin
It's a vs. thread... embarrasment done before, and close by Badas SuperPowers..... cool

lightyeargee
DC's population are idiots for sure. They see more invasions, world destructions, and they just keep on resuming life like nothing every happens. DC's villians are stupid. They are more powerful than the heroes for sure and always lose.

Q99

and why?

I would say Marvel's general population is stupider. The sustained levels of hate they can hold for people who save the earth/stop supervillains on a regular basis is impressive, and the lack of pro-mutant/coexistence groups with lots of non-mutant members is odd. They've been around for decades, after all, and most people should have no trouble telling that the guy with feathers is not going to destroy the world.

Sure, DC has had it's mistrust of supers too, but they generally get over it, and tend not to be so irrational about it. Also it tends to be caused by people doing a deliberate campaign to affect public opinion, not just continual hate-ons for people saving your life.

Heroes/villains, it's harder to call. Both have made some major mistakes.

rader
Marvel had a sense of realism though. Humans have mistrusted things that are different for just about ever. Hating mutants is just like hating someone of a different race, sexual orientation, or belief structure.

cdtm
Civil War tips the scale in Marvels favor, for the heroes and civilians. Identity Crisis in DC comes close, and they have some real good examples of general stupidity, but nothing on the scale of what was seen in that event..

Nova's confrontation with Stark was priceless. "I pulled him inside out and saved the universe! What have you done lately, Tony?"

Yeah, Earth had it's own problems at the time, but how could they be completely clueless about Annihilation? We know at least some members of Earth keep tabs on things like the Skrull, and general cosmic events, in case of another invasion..

Arahan
Marvel: One more Day

Q99
One More Day is just editorial/two characters, not really representative.

The dumbest hero thing recently strikes me as being Tony Stark consolidating all the power into one position, his, and not seeing how that could backfire if he was ousted, like he was.

Originally posted by rader
Marvel had a sense of realism though. Humans have mistrusted things that are different for just about ever. Hating mutants is just like hating someone of a different race, sexual orientation, or belief structure.

That's not realism once you've had a chance to get used to them and they've helped save many lives. People of different races, sexual orientations, and beliefs are a good example; they get along a lot easier than mutants do.

Things'd be worse at first, but you have well spoken spokespeople like Hank McCoy who have been members of major superhero teams. And they've been public for over a decade.

Johnny Sorrow
Norman went Green Goblin on national TV and no one blinked an eye.

GG public

cdtm
Originally posted by Q99

The dumbest hero thing recently strikes me as being Tony Stark consolidating all the power into one position, his, and not seeing how that could backfire if he was ousted, like he was.

The scary thing, is Mark Millar actually claimed he thought the pro reg side had the better argument.

I know comic book writers tend to live in New York and have liberal leanings, which means "Government power fixes everything" beliefs, but it's hard to wrap my head around the thought that someone could think forced impressment for life by an all powerful government organization headed by someone who answers to virtually no one is a good thing, much less without even giving consideration of an "opt out" option for anyone who doesn't intend to use their powers or become heroes...

Kind of reminds me of Babylon 5's Psi Corp, only they had an opt out option. Granted, a really inhumane opt out option, considering they're trading government service for life, with being drugged up for life...

Originally posted by Q99

That's not realism once you've had a chance to get used to them and they've helped save many lives. People of different races, sexual orientations, and beliefs are a good example; they get along a lot easier than mutants do.

Things'd be worse at first, but you have well spoken spokespeople like Hank McCoy who have been members of major superhero teams. And they've been public for over a decade.

They dont have superpowers and intolerance is still a grave problem everywhere in the world. Actual superhumans would be envied and feared in RL just as much as they are in marvel and while saving the world might conquer the hearts of a fraction of the population, another one would become even more resentfull and hostile.

Originally posted by cdtm
The scary thing, is Mark Millar actually claimed he thought the pro reg side had the better argument.

I know comic book writers tend to live in New York and have liberal leanings, which means "Government power fixes everything" beliefs, but it's hard to wrap my head around the thought that someone could think forced impressment for life by an all powerful government organization headed by someone who answers to virtually no one is a good thing, much less without even giving consideration of an "opt out" option for anyone who doesn't intend to use their powers or become heroes...

Kind of reminds me of Babylon 5's Psi Corp, only they had an opt out option. Granted, a really inhumane opt out option, considering they're trading government service for life, with being drugged up for life...

If you consider that superheores are vigilantes operating outside the law and already answering to virtually no one, it does make sense that the government control or supress their actions entirelly. However, the law, which had its roots in the mutant registration act, effectivelly affected all superhumans, which was abhorent.

Badabing
Originally posted by nicamarvin
done before, and close by Badas SuperPowers..... cool

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.