alex mercer runs a gauntlet.....

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

wammamram
alex mercer is fully upgraded, with all power, speed & strenght feats, and his amazing intellingence. alex has a full health bar and can only feed 3 times (a match), from hunters(from prototype), this takes place in new york, but there are no people, just objects to throw and use to anyone one's advantage. if alex passes a round he is allowed to feed.

1.arbiter (halo wars, fully upgraded, invisibilty, only energy swords and plasma nades)
2.master chief (beam rifle, spartan laser, carbine, needler, rocket launcher, and plasma nades)
3. samus

and alex cannot absorb any of them big grin

NemeBro
He walks through the Arbiter and Master Chief, but he cannot beat Samus.

wammamram
i kinda exspected him to run through the arbiter, but not cheif, given the weapons he has, i thought he had a pretty good shot. i mean the beam rifle is covenant technolgy, which means it pretty good, same for carbine. and the spartan laser is beastly, takes out a wraith in one hit, and the plasma nades are pretty useful as well

BloodRain
Takes down Arbiter and MC, can't take out Samus.

NemeBro
Mercer survived a city block being destroyed without a scratch.

He is also far too strong.

wammamram
not sure how far master cheif fell in halo 3, but it was pretty nasty, and didn't mercer have to feed on a bird to save his life,(i dont know, i might be delierious)

Phanteros
his suit harden to soak up the fall.

danteiscool
Alex takes out arbiter and MC quite easily. as for Samus, I'm not sure how well he could handle her weaponry, but considering he could survive a nuke (albeit barely), it's safe to say that he has some chance at winning the last round.

wammamram
Originally posted by Phanteros
his suit harden to soak up the fall.

you had to point that out mad

wammamram
one more thing to point out, the arbiter took out an army with just two energy swords, so that counts for something

Phanteros
Alex annihilated an army.

The Scenario
The weapons that Master Chief and Arbiter have won't be able to take Alex down that easily. Eventually, it might be possible, but I don't see them surviving that long.

He stops at Samus.

Sin_Volvagia
Mercer is deadlier than a pack of Flood (and one pod almost killed Chief). Arbiter and MC have nothing that can stop him. Energy Blades? Spartan Laser? Useless against someone who can regenerate from a puddle.

Samus can actually stop Mercer with the Metroid treatment (Freeze Beam + Missiles) and the Dark Beam.

ScreamPaste
Originally posted by Sin_Volvagia
Mercer is deadlier than a pack of Flood (and one pod almost killed Chief). Arbiter and MC have nothing that can stop him. Energy Blades? Spartan Laser? Useless against someone who can regenerate from a puddle.

Samus can actually stop Mercer with the Metroid treatment (Freeze Beam + Missiles) and the Dark Beam. Sin admitted a Nintendo character wins something. Mark the ****ing calendar.

LLLLLink
Samus is getting love everywhere you turn...

Sin_Volvagia
Originally posted by ScreamPaste
Sin admitted a Nintendo character wins something. Mark the ****ing calendar.

Why should this be unusual? Samus is one of the strongest Nintendo characters.

wammamram
very true

Darkstorm Zero
Agreed, Samus stops him, although not too easily.

Mercer is fast, very fast, and physically one of the most "Hulk-like" strengths in videogaming thats still a street level character. He slaughters Arbiter and MC as long as he doesn't stand there absorbing energy fire like a retard. But getting through samus's more advanced tech is not something he can do. Freeze to missile spam, and Dark Beam/Hyperbeam shots would slay him quite quickly. He can't hide and disguise himself either.

ScreamPaste
Originally posted by Sin_Volvagia
Why should this be unusual? Samus is one of the strongest Nintendo characters. You've never admitted when a Nintendo character wins before.

BloodRain
Originally posted by Darkstorm Zero
He can't hide and disguise himself either.

What's she got in case he does transform/disguise?

Edit- Oh, no people in the area. Can use his brains to figure something out, still ends the same way.

ScreamPaste
Originally posted by BloodRain
What's she got in case he does transform/disguise? Visors ahoy. Also, he'll probably have several holes in him at that point and/or be decorating the walls.

NemeBro
Freeze beam would probably work best.

BloodRain
Visors ahoy. Also, he'll probably have several holes in him at that point and/or be decorating the walls.

If there were civilians and he got the chance to hide, how does the visor help is she doesn't have the infected vision to search him out?

ScreamPaste
If there were civilians and he got the chance to hide, how does the visor help is she doesn't have the infected vision to search him out? He could have a different heat signiature, or a lack of internal organs, give off a different sound. Also, he'd have to inittially escape her, and she is faster than him.

MooCowofJustice
I know Mercer is pretty strong, but I don't think he's anywhere near Hulk level. Does he have some uber strength feat I don't know about?

BloodRain
Heats is different to half of the people but there are many others that are partially infected with the same as heat as Alex so she'll have to pick him out from them. Yeah there's no outrunning Samus, only chance is slowly running away with a crowd lol

Haven't got any exact on his strength. On day 1 of infection (him at his weakest, 14 strongest) he can lift, throw and run at full speed while carrying tanks. Lifts tanks as easy as you lift a pen. Vastly when fully powered with Muscle Mass.

SpadeKing
He could have a different heat signiature, or a lack of internal organs, give off a different sound. Also, he'd have to inittially escape her, and she is faster than him.

He does have a different heat signature.

Heats is different to half of the people but there are many others that are partially infected with the same as heat as Alex so she'll have to pick him out from them. Yeah there's no outrunning Samus, only chance is slowly running away with a crowd lol

Haven't got any exact on his strength. On day 1 of infection (him at his weakest, 14 strongest) he can lift, throw and run at full speed while carrying tanks. Lifts tanks as easy as you lift a pen. Vastly when fully powered with Muscle Mass.

I haven't seen anyone that could've been partially infected give off different heat signatures

BloodRain
Thermal vision shows some people (mostly those who appear sick) are brighter then others.

Sin_Volvagia
You've never admitted when a Nintendo character wins before.

Yes I did. You always missed them.

The Scenario
Assuming the area was populated (a small enough concession to help Alex), Samus has multiple ways of finding him even if he disguises. Thermal Visor might work, since I don't think Alex has the same signature as a human. For another one, X-Ray and look for the guy without bones. Second, Echo Visor and look for the guy whose footsteps have two tons behind them. Third, Scan Visor and SCAN. ABSOLUTELY. EVERYTHING.

ScreamPaste
Bird magic!

The Scenario
http://browse.deviantart.com/?qh=&section=&q=chozo+bird+magic#/d2j7sg7

BIRD MAGIC.

Seriously, like 90% of the weird crap that happens in Metroid can be explained by "the Chozo did it.". The other 10% is Space Pirates messing around.

NemeBro
You all do know the whole only being able to take on the form of someone you recently absorbed is a gameplay mechanic, right?

The Scenario
Would that change anything at all?

NemeBro
Not really.

Just a general statement.

But he can assume any form he has ever taken.

Utrigita
I'm hardly a expert on Samus, but judging from what have been told so far it seems to me like Alex Mercer is in a bit to deep, (and it seems to mostly appear to be because of a freeze beam) I think however that if it was a populated area as seen in Prototype then Samus would have a hard near to impossible chance of finishing off Alex, I have no idea how durable her armor is but just a ordinary hole with the size of a fist giving Alex access to her actual body will be pretty bad for Samus, but again not a expert just throwing out ideas smile

wammamram
Originally posted by Phanteros
Alex annihilated an army.
yes he did, but he didnt annihilate the covenant army

NemeBro
Normal human marines do that shit son.

wammamram
also, i said he feeds on hunters, not civilians scenairo

The Scenario
Originally posted by Utrigita
I'm hardly a expert on Samus, but judging from what have been told so far it seems to me like Alex Mercer is in a bit to deep, (and it seems to mostly appear to be because of a freeze beam) I think however that if it was a populated area as seen in Prototype then Samus would have a hard near to impossible chance of finishing off Alex, I have no idea how durable her armor is but just a ordinary hole with the size of a fist giving Alex access to her actual body will be pretty bad for Samus, but again not a expert just throwing out ideas smile

A hole the size of a fist would be bad for anyone, I'd imagine (well, except for regenerators like Alex). But Samus does indeed have some awesome durability. It mostly comes from the energy shielding that surrounds the suit. Alex couldn't put a hole in the suit until he drained the shield's energy. Actually, he couldn't, since draining the shield to zero makes the suit explode anyway (and he'd have won by that point).

Given a populated area, it would indeed be much more difficult for Samus to kill Alex permanently, if he can absorb somethng to reform. However, Alex' main problem is that Samus' beam can fire a blast that is bigger than he is, goes through walls, and will freeze him. Then she can shatter him will missiles, some of which can also freeze him.

@wammamram, what equipment does Samus have here? The last game chronologically is Metroid Fusion, which is her current equipment, and is the version I'm using. All of her equipment at once would be overkill.

wammamram
acually, i was kinda hoping you could tell me some of her equipment

NemeBro
I'd say a solid C-cup, maybe a D.

wammamram
lol, you might be the funniest guy in this forum

LLLLLink
Originally posted by wammamram
lol, you might be the funniest guy in this forum

Oh, he's funny, alright...shifty

The Scenario
Originally posted by wammamram
acually, i was kinda hoping you could tell me some of her equipment

Well, there's a lot of it.

http://metroid.wikia.com/wiki/Power_Suit_Mechanics

The wiki is useful for a basic summary. Samus has 18 different beam weapons, 5 different types of missile, 6 different visors, a bunch of movement systems, and 7 different suit upgrades.

Samus in Metroid Fusion (current abilities) has a beam that stacks Power, Wide, Plasma, Wave, and Ice. That's 5 beams in 1, which results in a blast of force (Power), that is 6 feet tall (Wide) and peirces enemies (Plasma), goes through walls (Wave), and freezes things (Ice.)

Her missiles stack Regular, Super, Ice, and Diffusion. 4 missiles in 1. Every missile she fires is 3 times as powerful as a normal missile (Super) and is able to freeze things (Ice.) If she charges it, the missiles blast radius expands to freeze everything within 15 feet (Diffusion.)

Current movement systems include the Speed Booster, Space Jump, and Screw Attack. The Speed Booster lets Samus run at supersonic speeds (at least 768 miles per hour) and surrounds her in a field that just breaks things. The Space Jump lets her somersault continuously in the air, allowing infinite jumps which basically let her fly. The Screw Attack surrounds Samus with an energy field whenever she somersaults (infinite Space Jump = infinite Screw Attack) that damages/destroys anything that she touches.

Current suits are Fusion, Varia, Gravity, and the UAM 1. 4 suits in 1. Each one increases her defenses. Fusion is the normal suit and can absorb X-Parasites that try to infect her. Varia protects from extreme temperatures (hot and cold) as well as acid. Gravity nullifies resistence from liquids and gravity effects, and can let Samus walk around in lava without any problems. UAM 1 is an unnamed suit that resulted when the Fusion suit absorbed the SA-X, which was an X-Parasite mimicking Samus' original Power Suit. So Samus basically aborbed herself, and that pretty much shot her defenses into the stratosphere, since the Fusion suit absorbed the original Power and Varia suits.

The Fusion suit doesn't have any extra visors.

Utrigita
So it'll be correct to assume that Alex Mercer in the granted armor above stands no realistic chance of even damaging Samos before getting disintegrated?

The Scenario
I would say so, yes, but I may be biased as the biggest Samus fanboy on this forum. Alex is a powerful opponent, but I don't see him getting past Samus.

Actually, I'm currently considering what would happen if the Fusion suit even came into contact with Alex. Ever since Samus was infused with Metroid cells, she's been able to absorb X-Parasites for health and ammo. X-Parasites are shapeshifting viral organisms that copy the appearance, abilities, and memories of whatever they infect and consume. Alex is a shapeshifting viral organism that copies the appearance, abilities, and memories of whatever he consumes. After killing its host, all Samus had to do was touch an X and she'd consume it, sometimes gaining a new ability in the process.

I wonder what would happen...

wammamram
thanks for the wiki, she has here fusion suit, which come which all the little nick-nacks

Nusa105
Originally posted by NemeBro
He walks through the Arbiter and Master Chief, but he cannot beat Samus.
This

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.