Cap America Vs. Green Arrow

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

celeyhyga17
Bucky Cap takes on Ollie!!
who wins?

DarthDaniel1001
Bucky wins, so long as he keeps his shield up.

Bentley
Bucky needs to get close, those arrows can be dangerous. In close range he downright stomps Ollie.

the ninjak
BuckyCap!

Black bolt z
Cap

Darth Martin
Queen.

His arsenal is too versatile. I think even Rogers would have a difficult time with him.

Black bolt z
Originally posted by Darth Martin
Queen.

His arsenal is too versatile. I think even Rogers would have a difficult time with him. Caps sheild>>>>>>>>>>any arrow GA has.

JakeTheBank
Depends on if Ollie can manage a trick shot to get past the shield. Up close, Ollie doesn't get ragestomped - far from it, actually - but he will lose more often than not.

Darth Martin
Originally posted by Black bolt z
Caps sheild>>>>>>>>>>any arrow GA has. As an overall weapon; yes. However, it's just that: a shield. Once the arrow connects with the shield gas will be released. This is the same as Batman vs Cap; except these guys are few notches down in the H2H skill department. As soon as Cap throws the shield it will likely be over. He has too many option including foam and cyogenic tipped arrows. How will Barnes react when Queen strategically fires four different arrows at the same time at different spots.

Now if the fight gets close, then yes, Barnes will put him down.

celeyhyga17
Does Olie have enough trick arrows to make Cap Bucky lose his balance? Bucky also has long range attacks since he has a gun.

marwash22
cap.

If Ollie keeps this a ranged fight, there's nothing Cap can do. Throwing the shield would be suicide. Though Cap could wait this out until Ollie runs out of arrows and charge him. This is 7/10 in Cap's favor unless Ollie distracts Cap with gas and then shoots something more deadly.

Badabing
Originally posted by Black bolt z
Caps sheild>>>>>>>>>>any arrow GA has. I guess you never saw the boxing glove arrow...sneer

snoopdogg
Queen.

His arsenal is too versatile. I think even Rogers would have a difficult time with him.

celeyhyga17
Bucky's bionic arm has some neat tricks. EMP discharge that may render many of Ollie's trick arrows useless as well as electrical discharge as an offensive/defensive maneuver.

cdtm
Originally posted by Bentley
Bucky needs to get close, those arrows can be dangerous. In close range he downright stomps Ollie.

He can use the arrows as stabbing weapons if he needs to. See Onomatopoeia.

But I don't think Bucky's getting that close. Queens a good enough shot to work around the shield, especially if he makes good use of the right gimmick arrows..

grimify
Originally posted by marwash22
cap.

If Ollie keeps this a ranged fight, there's nothing Cap can do. Throwing the shield would be suicide. Though Cap could wait this out until Ollie runs out of arrows and charge him. This is 7/10 in Cap's favor unless Ollie distracts Cap with gas and then shoots something more deadly.

Ollie is more than capable of going h2h with Bucky. He is not outclassed in that area.

Ollie wins a hefty majority.

cdtm
Originally posted by grimify
Ollie is more than capable of going h2h with Bucky. He is not outclassed in that area.

Ollie wins a hefty majority.

Adding to the point, he held his own against Onomatopoeia in a hospital on shaky legs. I forget if he was in bad shape from injuries, or from giving his son a blood transfusion, but he was clearly in bad shape.

And yet he managed to hold his own against someone who Batman had some problems with, and he and Deadshot had to rely on a trick to survive getting shot in the head from.

marwash22
I was about to call you a moron for saying Ollie could beat Cap in h2h, but then i realized i didn't read the OP correctly.

Changing my vote to Ollie 9/10.

Badabing
Green Arrow wins.

2GMbeQe0klA

Bentley
Geez guys, Bucky stomps GA, I love that now every DC b-lister martial artist is above him.

cdtm
Geez guys, Bucky stomps GA, I love that now every DC b-lister martial artist is above him.

In pure hand to hand, Bucky would definitely win.

Bentley
Originally posted by cdtm
In pure hand to hand, Bucky would definitely win.

Ok, I thought people were stating the opposite mad

cdtm
Ok, I thought people were stating the opposite mad

Nah, or at least I'm not.

Using the Onomatopoeia example as evidence of his hand to hand abilities doesn't even make sense, because he was shooting arrows into him and ended up stabbing him in the foot with an arrow while he was dangling off the roof. No idea what I was thinking with that one. ^_^;

celeyhyga17
In pure h2h i think Bucky edges out Ollie. Plus Buck has a bionic arm. That can hurt.... But Ollie has some tricks inside that quiver of his.

BruceSkywalker
can someone tell me how well bucky is at throwing and receiving the shield?

also how long it takes for the shield to return back to bucky

marwash22
dude, if he throws the shield, it's a wrap. The only chance this Cap has of winning is just waiting it out.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by marwash22
dude, if he throws the shield, it's a wrap. The only chance this Cap has of winning is just waiting it out.

all the while can't Queen shoot arrows at him after the shield is thrown..

besides i highly doubt Queen will just stand there and take the shield in his face

rotiart
As far as shield throws.... I rank I Steve>Clint>John>bucky

Bentley
To be honest if Bucky wants to have a shot at winning this he should keep the shield and fire bullets while closing the gap between them.

Darth Martin
Does he have any defense against the various gases Arrow is going to bring to the table?

Bentley
Does he have any defense against the various gases Arrow is going to bring to the table?

It depends on the distance, he doesn't have any particular defense. Bullets to keep GA from shooting non-stop, shield and not much more. GA can take this thanks to distance.

Darth Martin
Arrow deals with multiple armed thugs everyday of the week. He's dealt with plenty of marksman before. Bullets by themselves aren't going to halt the shooting of his weapons.

Bentley
Bucky is an above average marksman, and besides, the idea would be just slowing down his shooting, if they remain in long range for long Ollie wins it.

Wild Shadow
http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac358/Deathstroke91/20-1.jpg

anyone have a problem with green arrow referring himself as a warrior?

i mean technically he doesnt fit the definition to be a warrior or a soldier.. slade sure but for green arrow to apply the term to himself is an epic slap to the face to true warrior and self idolation

JakeTheBank
Eh, I don't consider Ollie a "warrior" myself. But I suppose that whole survival thing he did on the island makes it so you could argue the point.

Wild Shadow
surviving on an island does not make him a warrior nor fits the requirement for one.

he is a hunter and survivalist but not a warrior..

in order to be a warrior one must live by a set of codes adhere to them be indoctrinated and part of an elite system of combat from a warrior society.. most important know and be willing to kill and have killed..

Darth Martin
So, in that picture, that was Black Canary?

What's wrong with Green Arrow being called a "warrior".

I DO have a problem with Iron Man calling himself a warrior.

Black bolt z
Originally posted by Badabing
I guess you never saw the boxing glove arrow...sneer He took that from joker didn't he?....

Darth Martin
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
can someone tell me how well bucky is at throwing and receiving the shield? I don't think he's anywhere near Rogers. Besides, if he does decide to throw it he'd probably inadvertently forfeit the match.

namorsubby
In a ranged fight, GA owns. close combat is even debatable, GA upgraded after learning in the east.

Deadline
Originally posted by Wild Shadow
surviving on an island does not make him a warrior nor fits the requirement for one.

he is a hunter and survivalist but not a warrior..

in order to be a warrior one must live by a set of codes adhere to them be indoctrinated and part of an elite system of combat from a warrior society.. most important know and be willing to kill and have killed..

You actually think thats a credible argument?

Originally posted by namorsubby
In a ranged fight, GA owns. close combat is even debatable, GA upgraded after learning in the east.

Wow you just love DC characters don't you?

edit: Ah its bucky. You maybe right.

namorsubby
Steve for the majority, bucky, not so much.

Deadline
Originally posted by namorsubby
Steve for the majority, bucky, not so much.

Fair enough.

Wild Shadow
So, in that picture, that was Black Canary?

What's wrong with Green Arrow being called a "warrior".

I DO have a problem with Iron Man calling himself a warrior. the easy answer is he has never bn part of a strict military society nor has the strict mental mindset of a soldier and yet he refers to himself as a warrior.. a warrior is an elite soldier above the rest who is separated into a different sub group.. examples : are navy seals, airborne/army ranger, marines.. these men have proven to be superior to those around them through various military exercise/indoctrination and physical discomfort...

same for a samurai, a brave or anyone else that bears that name.. they must prove their physical worth through series of trials to stand above a soldier and must also live and breath by a code.

modern society and usage of the word has started to erode what it means to be a warrior as if anyone can lay claim to it b/c he knows martial arts or is an advent hunter

Darth Martin
So based on those descriptions, how is Green Arrow not a warrior? He has honed his craft: marksmanship; specifically with the bow and arrow. He is a small fish(street level) in a killer whale's ocean(overall DC power level average) and he has been a member of the JLA(the superhero equivalent to the Navy S.E.A.L.S. or "elite group"wink.

Just because he hasn't officially served in a military does that not make him a warrior? We call Batman a warrior. He refuses to kill. Still, in all of comics if their is a individual who is powerless that defines a warrior we look at him.

Bottom line: Green Arrow is a warrior.

Iron Man on the other hand, IMO, not so much.

Wild Shadow
facepalm2

he doesnt meet a single requirement for the definition. marksmenship has nothing to do with being a warrior.. is it a bonus or even a pre requisite for certain groups? yes. but by your logic an olympic archer is also a warrior,.

your applying the new modern inaccurate term of a warrior which is interchangeable to an elite athlete.. but that does not make one a warrior in the traditional accurate term of the word for a combat society..

the JLA in itself is not equivalent to the navy seals JLA requirement to join is possessing certain skills or powers but has no set indoctrination nor requires each individual member to possess certain identical set skills to one another.

even in the JLA they differentiate one another from who is warrior and who is not.. example is Wonder woman everyone acknowledges her as a warrior b/c that is what she is. but not everyone acknowledges nor fits the criteria of a warrior nor would they want to example superman.. of course others may not agree with it and still call other heroes warriors but that does not make them so.

again in order to be a warrior one must be part of a military or warfare centered society I.E. a marial artist can be an elite fighter but cannot be a warrior in the traditional since unless he undergoes that particular trials of that society batman is not a modern warrior b/c he knows martial arts an trained but he can be considered a warrior if he underwent warrior trials of a particular society that he trained in.. using batman is not the best way to help argue on green arrows side

namorsubby
Green arrow is a warrior becuase he is engaged and experienced in war or conflict. He is also very proficient in combat, which isn't even required of a warrior

end conversation.

Darth Martin
An Olympic archer doesn't save the world from cosmic level threats or fight armed thugs on a night to nigh basis.

But whatever, I see there's no altering your view. Who cares if they aren't warriors. Green Arrow>>>Navy S.E.A.L., Samurai, Spartan, etc.

Wild Shadow
actually warrior is to be proficient in war and combat hence the term war in warrior..

code of honor is a must.. honor courage commitment is just an example... be one with the body mind and soul.. speak only truth.. die for honor, glory and country..

possess knowledge of war example reading maps, terrain, proficient in particular weapons above the standard of a soldier unarmed combat

undergo indoctrination and be admitted into a group and fit the physical standard: anything from torture, burning, mutilation, drowning.. physical mental exhaustion.. change your view of the rest of society compared to your own give an oath to your brethren to serve and fight and die for one another and obey..

these men are picked from already trained group of men who can already be soldiers to be furthered cultivated.

again just b/c he has bn in fights or in battles is not enough to be a warrior.. a soldier from the reserves has seen action and killed that does not make him a warrior again their is a massive chasm of a difference between the two.. its like saying a soldier and a cop is the same thing.. the sun and the moon..

Original Smurph
a big LOL @ the definitional dodge going on here.

"warrior |ˈwôrēər|
noun
(esp. in former times) a brave or experienced soldier or fighter."

Green Arrow takes on planetary threats armed with a bow and arrow, has enough combat prowess to make any real life trained warrior look like an idiot child, has given trouble to the best tacticians in DC, and has been a member of the most elite group of individuals without being "super" in any aspect.

He's not a warrior because he doesn't meet Wild Shadow's completely arbitrary requirements?

lawl.

Wild Shadow
its not arbitrary... and i am offended by the use of the word b/c its a personal insult to what i underwent and if you read up on the word you would realize that i am not just throwing random requirements these are key definitions.

its like saying rule of laws are arbitrary try to argue that with the judge with a dismissive attitude.

even some of my favorite heroes who have undergone more then green arrow and done more individually i acknowledge as not being warriors and better yet they know they are not warriors.. example deadpool..

Original Smurph
its like saying rule of laws are arbitrary try to argue that with the judge with a dismissive attitude. Are you implying that you're the judge, in this analogy?

Original Smurph
its not arbitrary... and i am offended by the use of the word b/c its a personal insult to what i underwent and if you read up on the word you would realize that i am not just throwing random requirements these are key definitions.

I did read up on the word. I quoted the definition to you.

In your warrior training, did they not teach you to read?

Wild Shadow
Originally posted by Original Smurph
I did read up on the word. I quoted the definition to you.

In your warrior training, did they not teach you to read? no. they did not teach me to read. they taught me to write short concise statements. they made me memorize words, tactics and definitions and code words as well as dates, names and rank structure finishing with the president.

made me memorize various mantras and site them b4 hitting the rack for 4 or 5 hours of sleep b4 doing it all over again..

Original Smurph
no. they did not teach me to read. they taught me to write short concise statements. they made me memorize words, tactics and definitions and code words as well as dates, names and rank structure finishing with the president.

made me memorize various mantras and site them b4 hitting the rack for 4 or 5 hours of sleep b4 doing it all over again.. Right.

Warrior:

"warrior |ˈwôrēər|
noun

Which Green Arrow more than qualifies for.

Realistically, by any modern day standard of the title "Warrior", Green Arrow should qualify, but whatever dogma you've memorized is irrelevant to the actual meaning of the word.

iceman24567
I consider Ollie a warrior erm

Wild Shadow
dont pick and choice the definition that you think agrees with your own definition paste the whole definition of it..

http://www.answers.com/topic/warrior
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Warrior

also a quick definition of a dictionary does not encompass everything that it is required to be a warrior and a warrior would be insulted to be called a soldier or referred as such major difference in most military societies.. .. tell me what military or warrior training have you gone in your country b/c in each country the requirements are different. which is why in a dictionary you get a short encompassing definition and comparison to a soldier.. try the military definition of a countries army to get what that countries military fighting men consider a warrior..

one think that remains the same is:

code of conduct

indoctrination: test body, mind & spirit

elite group above average military..

these were also specifically stated in the definition to be a warrior in the dictionary that you sited in but left out for just the top two similar noun.

which are only meant to give you an idea and similarity of the word but does not make it a fully accurate term just an idea..

like comparing karate to kung fu or tae kwon do.. martial arts they are used for comparison for certain words but not meant to be interchangeable that is the problem with todays society and what we have hear..

green arrow is a comic book hero a super hero even but he is not a warrior.

Darth Martin
Originally posted by Original Smurph
a big LOL @ the definitional dodge going on here.

"warrior |ˈwôrēər|
noun

Green Arrow takes on planetary threats armed with a bow and arrow, has enough combat prowess to make any real life trained warrior look like an idiot child, has given trouble to the best tacticians in DC, and has been a member of the most elite group of individuals without being "super" in any aspect.

He's not a warrior because he doesn't meet Wild Shadow's completely arbitrary requirements?

lawl. That's pretty much what I said too. thumb up He just doesn't get it.

Originally posted by iceman24567
I consider Ollie a warrior erm As should everyone else. That goes for all high street level characters. Don't see what the big deal is here.

Wild Shadow
i guess we can all start calling wildcat, black canary, robin, ronin, patriot, Ms. marvel, spider woman ... all warriors i guess the title doesnt mean anything comics anymore but, that is to be expected right obviously their powers allow them be superior to a human physically which automatically makes them warriors or any human title like worlds best martial artist and what not.. erm

Darth Martin
Last I checked, Oliver Queen didn't have powers, was the finest bowman on his planet, trained his ass off to be where he is now, and deals with armed thugs and planetary threats every week.

Code of honor? Check.
Constant training? Check.
Member of elite task force? Check.
The best of his craft? Check.

What more did you say you wanted? Did you see Smurph's definition? I'd say dude fits the bill.

Wild Shadow
what is his code of honor, pls site them...

training is not indoctrination try again i dont think you know what indoctrination really is nor would superman or batman allow it to occur and definitely not ollie in the JLA.

being a member of a super team does not make him a warrior or anyone else it is not a military unit nor treated as such again superman and his team would never allow it..

best one what craft bow and arrow he does not have a set system he knows one skill and is not part of any standardized system again that is like an olympic archer saying he is a warrior b/c of his skill and physical trainining

Darth Martin
1.He protects the "little guy". The fact that he dresses up and fights crime isn't good enough?
2.Not sure what the hell you meant there, please clarify.
3.He's on a super team that could be applicable to a S.W.A.T. team. What happens when superheroes need backup and no one person can solve the problem? Why do police officers dial 911? There the last line of defense. So what if the JLA isn't a military unit and don't kill their targets(this is what you getting at).
4.Not only is he the best archer, he is an adept martial artist, swordsman, and aviator, handles explosives, is great in hostage situations and rescue, can put out fires, etc.

Is that not similar atleast to a Seal or S.W.A.T. member? Let's not mention that he'd slaughter any of those guys be it Spartan, Samurai, Viking, S.W.A.T. member, Delta Force, Ranger, GSG 9, etc.

I understand it's cringe-worthy to label every superhero a warrior but if there was one character who fit the bill.......

Wild Shadow
1. his aspiration and reason for being a superhero does not make it an oath or code of conduct... spiderman does the same he believes with great power comes great responsibility.. these words make him do what he does but they are not a code of conduct or anything to do with honor.. police have the whole serve and protect and they are not warriors either.. so again what promise and oaths did he make and under what ceremony or what system of combat... example did his martial arts master make him promise do live a certain way of life?

2. i mean superman nor batman would allow members of the JLA to be hazed, belittled humiliated beaten nor brain washed in order to join the team... example.. i was burn with scolding water while walking naked in the showers single form lines same with cold water left to stand in a cold hall staring eyes front then over hydrated till you choke on the water and vomit.. then grabbed and forced to drink and drown by it.. punched, kicked and choked... forced to P.T. for hours on and off till i was ready to pass out and bleeding b/c i refused to call myself a b#$@ch... promotion i was given my rank without backings and stood in place well over 50 marines came up shook hands punch me on the chest and drove the backing into my chest..

3. again being in a team does not make him a warrior he has to live and breath and fight a certain way.. the swat team again are not warriors in itself even though many have past military training and are themselves warriors but it wasnt the swat team that makes them warriors it is their prior warrior training prior to joining swat. again JLA is not a military group nor treated as such their is no set rules on how it is operated it has bn brought up in the past by military personal that have had issues with them.. they have no loyalties to any one person or country... if they do not even serve one nation or obey one leaders words how can they be a warrior with a since of duty, loyalty and honor,, yes they have it to each other but not to a nation.

4. again it isnt what he knows that makes him a warrior it is the system that he is under he does not have one hence he is not a warrior.. a guy that studies martial arts cannot be called a ninja if he does not study that specific martial arts or have bn tested by their standard even though he knows certain types of the same skills... the title must be earned and given by said group.. he can be a great martial artist but he cannot be called a warrior although others may call him that it does not make him so..

Darth Martin
It's not even worth it.

Original Smurph
dont pick and choice the definition that you think agrees with your own definition paste the whole definition of it..

http://www.answers.com/topic/warrior
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Warrior

also a quick definition of a dictionary does not encompass everything that it is required to be a warrior and a warrior would be insulted to be called a soldier or referred as such major difference in most military societies.. .. tell me what military or warrior training have you gone in your country b/c in each country the requirements are different. which is why in a dictionary you get a short encompassing definition and comparison to a soldier.. try the military definition of a countries army to get what that countries military fighting men consider a warrior..

one think that remains the same is:

code of conduct

indoctrination: test body, mind & spirit

elite group above average military..

these were also specifically stated in the definition to be a warrior in the dictionary that you sited in but left out for just the top two similar noun.

which are only meant to give you an idea and similarity of the word but does not make it a fully accurate term just an idea..

like comparing karate to kung fu or tae kwon do.. martial arts they are used for comparison for certain words but not meant to be interchangeable that is the problem with todays society and what we have hear..

green arrow is a comic book hero a super hero even but he is not a warrior. laughing out loud

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.