The killer inside me.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

jaden101
A film that seems to be garnering publicity far more on the back of the supposedly extremely violent beating of Jessica Alba's character than it is for the stunning cinematography.

I haven't read the book that it's based on but it supposedly stays reasonably true to the source novel (although one glaring change in Casey Affleck's characters psyche development is also causing a stir among femenists)

Anyone seen it?...Is the scene as bad as it's made out to be?

Discuss.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oq94Nbrupk8

MildPossession
There are far more graphic scenes out there according to reviews that are not hyped... Irreversible is one film that is named as worse for showing violence. So I assume if you are use to such films, this will be nothing.

Also, you wouldn't expect Jessica Alba to be in such a violent film, so I suppose that would make it seem more shocking to some and mainstream audiences.

Winterbottom, I like some of his films but normally don't like most of them. So will not be rushing out to see it.

byronlewis
This movie isn't certainly a awful film, and it not a movie to neglect by means, but it surely isn't anything to rush out to see. Part's of it are certainly worth while, most notably the scenes towards the middle of the film.

SnakeEyes
I had to read the book for one of my classes recently, so I'm interested in seeing the film. I'll report back eventually with how disturbing I think it is.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.