Iron-fist vs Namor

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Bentley
No flying. Battle takes place of the top of a dune in the Sonora desert.

Mindset
Racist.

Bentley
You mean Namor?

celeyhyga17
Namor

The Nuul
Namor stomps.

the ninjak
Namor

Bentley
It seems this is one loopsided match...

The Nuul
Originally posted by Bentley
It seems this is one loopsided match...

Again.

Bentley
Come on people, Namor gets weaker when dry, they fight in a desert, IF is fast!

The Nuul
Whats next, IF vs Superboy?

Bentley
Originally posted by The Nuul
Whats next, IF vs Superboy?

Mmmmmh...

marwash22
how long has Namor been away from water?

Bentley
One hour standing in the desert.

Gecko4lif
In that case IF has a serious chance then

dmills
In the desert away from water for an hour? I.F. assrapes in that scenario. Hell he'd give him a good run without it. Namor ain't the Hulk.

Is Namor as durable as Luke Cage or Colossus?

Rage.Of.Olympus
One hour? Namor beats that ass.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by dmills
In the desert away from water for an hour? I.F. assrapes in that scenario. Hell he'd give him a good run without it. Namor ain't the Hulk.

Iron Fist will give Namor a good run without the Iron Fist?

Namor's hard durability isn't on par with Colossus or Luke Cage (Under Bendis.) but he can take a punch better than either of them.

the ninjak

His durability is good enough and he is a hell of a lot faster.

How fast is IF now?

dmills
Namor isn't beating Danny in a damn desert away from water for an hour. I.F. is too elusive and is by far the more skilled fighter. He'd be Iron fisting the shyte out of Namor.

dmills
@Ninjak,

He's a legit point blank range bullet timer.

the ninjak
@Ninjak,

He's a legit point blank range bullet timer.

But can he keep the pace constantly.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Namor isn't beating Danny in a damn desert away from water for an hour. I.F. is too elusive and is by far the more skilled fighter. He'd be Iron fisting the shyte out of Namor.

Why do people assume Namor folds outside of water? Namor's withstood the heat of re-entry and other extreme heat. I've seen Namor get caught, put into an oven like trap where he was cooked and dehydrated for 3 days straight only for him to break out of the restraints, and knock out his captor.

His heat resistance varies, but unless the dehydration weakness is being really played up, standing in a damn desert for an hour would be uncomfortable for Namor but that's about it.

The Iron Fist at this point should be able to hurt Namor, but after getting taken by surprise and being knocked around by Danny, Namor would proceed to punch his head off.

Bentley
I'm not sure if heat could be translated into losing wetness, remember the fight takes place in a very arid place.

dmills
@Rage,

Danny has a huge advantage in the speed and skill department. He'd hit Namor with multiple I.F's at super speed.

If Namor isn't as durable as Cage or Colossus then he's dead in this fight.

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Why do people assume Namor folds outside of water? Namor's withstood the heat of re-entry and other extreme heat. I've seen Namor get caught, put into an oven like trap where he was cooked and dehydrated for 3 days straight only for him to break out of the restraints, and knock out his captor.

His heat resistance varies, but unless the dehydration weakness is being really played up, standing in a damn desert for an hour would be uncomfortable for Namor but that's about it.

The Iron Fist at this point should be able to hurt Namor, but after getting taken by surprise and being knocked around by Danny, Namor would proceed to punch his head off.

It has more to do with water healing and rejuvenating him then him being "weaker" outside of water. If Namor takes half a dozen Iron-fists, without being able to retreat to water and reset, he is boned.

dmills
@Rage,

Damn, I'd never heard that. In an oven like trap huh? That's a nice feat.

But you have to remember -and I know you do- Danny was able to bust Cage open without even amping. Dude hits hard.

Rage.Of.Olympus
@Rage,

Danny has a huge advantage in the speed and skill department. He'd hit Namor with multiple I.F's at super speed.

If Namor isn't as durable as Cage or Colossus then he's dead in this fight.

He can take a punch better than either of them, but in terms of durability, I wouldn't be surprised if Colossus had the edge.

It's the same situation between Wonder Man and Thor. Wonder Man is more invulnerable, but Thor will take a blast, or a punch etc. better than him. At least he used to be more invulnerable than Thor.

Rage.Of.Olympus
@Rage,

Damn, I'd never heard that. In an oven like trap huh? That's a nice feat.

But you have to remember -and I know you do- Danny was able to bust Cage open without even amping. Dude hits hard.

I know he busted Cage open and made him bleed with a kick. That's impressive enough, but unless Bendis is writing it, I personally wouldn't pay much attention to it. I mean, wasn't Daredevil hurting Cage etc. with his attacks, making him bleed in a recent fight? Bendis definitely plays up the invulnerability card and I doubt he'd have Danny being able to do anything to Cage outside of an Iron Fist. Under him, it's even doubtful if Wolverine can cut Cage. He has a fetish for big bald black men. His been responsible for nearly half a decade long Luke Cage push, and the character still can't hold up even a mini.

dmills
@Ninjak,
He was trapped in hell, tortured and forced to fight for weeks, took an Ironfist to his head, a bullet to his hand, and on top of that fought and killed dozens of Hydra soldiers. He can last.

dmills
@Rage,

laughing out loud But since Danny is Lukes boy, Bendis' man-crush applies to him as well. Afterall, he's the one the one that wrote Danny oneshotting the helicarrier. He'd have Danny cut Namor in half.

Rage.Of.Olympus
@Rage,

laughing out loud But since Danny is Lukes boy, Bendis' man-crush applies to him as well. Afterall, he's the one the one that wrote Danny oneshotting the helicarrier. He'd have Danny cut Namor in half.

Lol true enough. Didn't he have Luke Cage, down Nefaria recently? Shit, he isn't even trying to hide his man crush.

dmills
@Rage,

I wouldn't know. After the Siege flop I'm on a Bendis hiatus for a while. Right now, the only Marvel I'm feelin' is DnA and Brubaker. When the Diggle shadowland arc starts, I'll get into that.

Bentley
Siege was just a flop because of the final issue, you should've hiatused back on Secret Invasion.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Surprisingly, Bendis writes Thor well (At least in comparison to how he writes his other characters.). I can actually read his Thor dialogue without wanting to punch something in the face, he seems to respect Thor's power level and status, and understands their is a depth to the character outside of hitting things with his hammer and shooting lightning (Avengers Prime #1.) etc.

Of course, this might just be the calm before the storm but I'm hopeful. As long as he doesn't job him out like he did the Sentry and Strange, I'm fine.

I did hate however that little oral history where he writes that Blake and Thor are two different beings, and Blake switches places with Thor and doesn't transform into Thor. That was stupid. He just pissed on decades of Thor's history.

dmills
I also think that Bendis swag jacks other writers material, but that's for another thread. But as an example, there's a big scene in Siege #3 that looks a lot like a scene from Nova #27. Just sayin'.

dmills
@Rage,

Hmm. That's interesting because up until Siege 4, I didn't like his Thor. When he said he viewed Thor and Ares as equals, I was really worried.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Yea, that was stupid. Ares has never been Thor's equal. He also seems to have ignored most of the Thor/Ares past interactions. He has Ares and Thor call each other "Lords" and has Ares call the Asgardians his brothers etc. Ares has definitely gotten better since he left Olympus in Oeming's mini and had his son, but the guy has never been a straight up hero. I like what his done with Ares, but I need some kind of one shot etc. that has Ares and Thor reconcile the hate between each other. He tried to kill Thor plenty of times and even tried to start an Olympus/Asgard war.

dmills
Yeah there is that. But in my case I've just never been a fan of Thor in a team setting. I prefer Thor solo. But that's just me I guess.

comicfan11
Namor

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.