Quan chi, Shinnok vs. Shao Kahn, Shang Tsung

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

quanchi112
Fight!!!!!

Sin_Volvagia
Team 2 wins

Shinnok is weak as he gets beat Liu Lame and even Johnny Cage. Shang Tsung is at least a decent fighter since he (along with Quan Chi) were able to kill Kung Lao, Kitana, Jax, Sonya, and Johnny Cage. Shao Kahn is the most powerful fighter in this especially since Quan Chi dared not to challenge until the Deadly Alliance.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Sin_Volvagia
Team 2 wins

Shinnok is weak as he gets beat Liu Lame and even Johnny Cage. Shang Tsung is at least a decent fighter since he (along with Quan Chi) were able to kill Kung Lao, Kitana, Jax, Sonya, and Johnny Cage. Shao Kahn is the most powerful fighter in this especially since Quan Chi dared not to challenge until the Deadly Alliance. Shinnok is an elder god so I don't get where you think he's weak.

I personally think Shao and Shinnok would be a very close fight.

Sin_Volvagia
Originally posted by quanchi112
Shinnok is an elder god so I don't get where you think he's weak.

I personally think Shao and Shinnok would be a very close fight.

Shinnok WAS an elder god. After he was fallen, he lost to Liu Kang and Johnny Cage (who made him run away).

Shao Kahn easily wastes him.

quanchi112
Shinnok WAS an elder god. After he was fallen, he lost to Liu Kang and Johnny Cage (who made him run away).

Shao Kahn easily wastes him. When?????

Unfortunately for Shinnok, his newfound empire was short-lived. Despite invading the Heavens themselves and killing many of the Gods, Raiden and his warriors managed to penetrate Shinnok's defenses in order to stop him. Raiden single-handedly defeated many of Shinnok's followers and made the way for a final battle between the Shaolin monk Liu Kang and the Elder God Shinnok. It was a long battle, neither one able to best the other. However, Liu Kang was eventually able to weaken Shinnok to a state where he could be banished, sending him back to the Netherealm. Shinnok's exact fate is uncertain, but he will appear in the upcoming Mortal Kombat: Armageddon.

Yeah, I feel if anyone is more powerful than anyone it's Shao who is less powerful than Shinnok.

Sin_Volvagia
When?????

Unfortunately for Shinnok, his newfound empire was short-lived. Despite invading the Heavens themselves and killing many of the Gods, Raiden and his warriors managed to penetrate Shinnok's defenses in order to stop him. Raiden single-handedly defeated many of Shinnok's followers and made the way for a final battle between the Shaolin monk Liu Kang and the Elder God Shinnok. It was a long battle, neither one able to best the other. However, Liu Kang was eventually able to weaken Shinnok to a state where he could be banished, sending him back to the Netherealm. Shinnok's exact fate is uncertain, but he will appear in the upcoming Mortal Kombat: Armageddon.

Yeah, I feel if anyone is more powerful than anyone it's Shao who is less powerful than Shinnok.

Deciding to take action, Johnny Cage saw in his visions that Shinnok's next destination was Shang Tsung's island fortress. When he arrived at the island, he saw Shinnok scheming with Quan Chi to take Shao Kahn's fortress by force. When Quan Chi vanished back through the portal which he came through, Johnny Cage attacked. He caught Shinnok off guard and appeared to have the upper hand, until the former Elder God retreated in a cloud of smoke, leaving Johnny to decide what to do next.

Anyone who runs away from Johnny Cage is not on the level of Shao Kahn.

quanchi112
Deciding to take action, Johnny Cage saw in his visions that Shinnok's next destination was Shang Tsung's island fortress. When he arrived at the island, he saw Shinnok scheming with Quan Chi to take Shao Kahn's fortress by force. When Quan Chi vanished back through the portal which he came through, Johnny Cage attacked. He caught Shinnok off guard and appeared to have the upper hand, until the former Elder God retreated in a cloud of smoke, leaving Johnny to decide what to do next.

Anyone who runs away from Johnny Cage is not on the level of Shao Kahn. Post the link to this source. Go ahead and do it. This is horrid abc logic anyways and Liu couldn't best him anyways.

Pyron_Knight
Liu Kang has beaten Shao Khan and Shang Tsung so many times it's pretty much a running joke.

So saying Shinnok as well lost to Liu Kang doesn't mean anything.

And Shinnok didn't actually lose to Cage, did he? No.

Armageddon shows Shinnok can make tangible illusions. If he can literally think up Kintaro and make him fight, I'm pretty sure he can beat Shang Tsung no problem since Tsung is weaker than even Goro and Gor in turn is weaker than Kintaro.

Also notice how easily he pwned Daegon. Don't tell me you think the brother of Taven is weaker than Johnny Cage...

quanchi112
Originally posted by Pyron_Knight
Liu Kang has beaten Shao Khan and Shang Tsung so many times it's pretty much a running joke.

So saying Shinnok as well lost to Liu Kang doesn't mean anything.

And Shinnok didn't actually lose to Cage, did he? No.

Armageddon shows Shinnok can make tangible illusions. If he can literally think up Kintaro and make him fight, I'm pretty sure he can beat Shang Tsung no problem since Tsung is weaker than even Goro and Gor in turn is weaker than Kintaro.

Also notice how easily he pwned Daegon. Don't tell me you think the brother of Taven is weaker than Johnny Cage... In the end even Liu didn't defeat Shinnok in combat.

Ridley_Prime
Post the link to this source. Go ahead and do it.
http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u122/BiosArmageddon/MKA-JohnnyCage.jpg

Sin_Volvagia
Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u122/BiosArmageddon/MKA-JohnnyCage.jpg

I believe that was in the Armageddon site (which is now dead). That's where I originally saw that.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u122/BiosArmageddon/MKA-JohnnyCage.jpg Ah, very terrible then to have this fallen elder god running from cage. It just makes no sense and I do feel however that in a fight between these two without him sneaking up on him Shinnok clearly wins.

Also, Liu Kang never bested Shinnok and he's far greater than cage.

Ms.Marvel
what? that johnny cage guy didnt eve n jump him. erm read the description... shinnok had enough time to even cast an attack and cage first, so its hardly like cage just sneak attacked him...

quanchi112
Originally posted by Ms.Marvel
what? that johnny cage guy didnt eve n jump him. erm read the description... shinnok had enough time to even cast an attack and cage first, so its hardly like cage just sneak attacked him... I did it says he startled him and his dodged his first attack and he never recovered after the shadow kick. Take your own advice.

Ms.Marvel
if shinnok was able to get off an attack of his own then he obviously wasnt startled to a point where it would actually matter. youre acting like his combat ability was diminished by him being surprised. the article's description itself goes again that

quanchi112
if shinnok was able to get off an attack of his own then he obviously wasnt startled to a point where it would actually matter. youre acting like his combat ability was diminished by him being surprised. the article's description itself goes again that Yes, he obviously was and when his first attack missed cage took the opening and was on top from there. Things happen very quickly in a fight.

I am looking at it realistically.

Ms.Marvel
my point was that if he was so startled that cage was able to gain some type of advantage then he wouldnt have had the clarity, time, and focus to attack first.

quanchi112
my point was that if he was so startled that cage was able to gain some type of advantage then he wouldnt have had the clarity, time, and focus to attack first. He wasn't cheapshotted but he was startled and caught off guard.

RE: Blaxican
Johnny Cage would get his ass kicked by Shinnok. Any top tier from Street Fighter would anally rape Mortal Kombat's best though.

FinalAnswer
Originally posted by RE: Blaxican
Johnny Cage would get his ass kicked by Shinnok. Any top tier from Street Fighter would anally rape Mortal Kombat's best though.

Except Mocap.

Bro SMASH

Let me know when anybody can beat Dark Kahn.

Wei Phoenix

Why hello there!

Ridley_Prime
Yep, that must have been why Shinnok retreated from him.

SF also has nothing to do with this thread. Stay on topic boi.

Pyron_Knight
It's called PIS.

Sin_Volvagia
Originally posted by Pyron_Knight
It's called PIS.

I keep forgetting MK has a horrible storyline.

Bro SMASH
I think the storyline up until MKA. The MKD storyline was pretty decent but I just thought it was a bad idea to kill ALL of the main heroes. They should have at least went with Kung Lao beating Shang Tsung and avenging Liu Kang (like they seem like they were originally gonna do).

Sin_Volvagia
Originally posted by Bro SMASH
I think the storyline up until MKA. The MKD storyline was pretty decent but I just thought it was a bad idea to kill ALL of the main heroes. They should have at least went with Kung Lao beating Shang Tsung and avenging Liu Kang (like they seem like they were originally gonna do).

From MK1-MK3 and possibly MK4 and MKDA, it was decent but then things really got out of hand.

They keep retconning things and bringing back people that died.

I recall Shang Tsung and Shao Kahn being killed in MK3 but they returned in MKDA. In DA, Kahn and Goro are killed but in GCN's Deception, it turns out they faked their deaths. Couldn't the devs just label them as non-canon playable characters like Classic Sub-Zero was in Trilogy?

Kung Lao was left for dead by Shao Kahn. Ok, I can accept that but it gets repeated again and again (i.e. Mavado and Kabal). It's getting old already.

Liu Kang died in DA. Big surprise. But then, Liu Kang is revived as a zombie and by magical chains. Couldn't they just keep him dead?

Raiden should've been dead in Deception with Fujin taking his place but the fans whined about it and he's revived again.

And how the hell are Shang Tsung, Jarek, Quan Chi, SHeeva, and Hsu Hao alive in Armageddon when they were killed? There's no explanation on how any of them were revived.

Blaze becoming the final boss in Armageddon really made no sense. Wasn't he involved in a quest? If he's so powerful, how the hell did he get captured by Onaga's priests?

Kabal was one of the good guys but turns evil because Havik told him too? Right...

Mokap was a nice joke character but the devs had to be dumb enough to try to make him a canon character.

The Conquest modes screw the storyline even more. The MK storyline sucks.

Bro SMASH
From MK1-MK3 and possibly MK4 and MKDA, it was decent but then things really got out of hand.

They keep retconning things and bringing back people that died.

I recall Shang Tsung and Shao Kahn being killed in MK3 but they returned in MKDA. In DA, Kahn and Goro are killed but in GCN's Deception, it turns out they faked their deaths. Couldn't the devs just label them as non-canon playable characters like Classic Sub-Zero was in Trilogy?

I don't think Shang Tsung and Shao Kahn were killed in MK3. Shang Tsung was imprisoned from MK3 to the MKDA and Shao Kahn was weakened fromt the events of MK3. He did use a clone to fool Shang Tsung and Quan Chi and afterwards, saved Goro from dying.

Kung Lao was left for dead by Shao Kahn. Ok, I can accept that but it gets repeated again and again (i.e. Mavado and Kabal). It's getting old already.

Yeah that kind of does get old but when you got fans who keep asking for cool characters back, there's gotta be an explanation for why they even came back.

Liu Kang died in DA. Big surprise. But then, Liu Kang is revived as a zombie and by magical chains. Couldn't they just keep him dead?

Many fans (including myself) was disappointed that they killed the main hero like that so you know that wasn't gonna last long. laughing

Raiden should've been dead in Deception with Fujin taking his place but the fans whined about it and he's revived again.

Yeah, that kind of make sense but I guess it wouldn't look right to have Raiden die like that seeing that he is a god afterall.

And how the hell are Shang Tsung, Jarek, Quan Chi, SHeeva, and Hsu Hao alive in Armageddon when they were killed? There's no explanation on how any of them were revived.

Yeah, they could have explained that. Even I'M disappointed that they never told us why, especially since they stopped giving out bios for the characters.

Blaze becoming the final boss in Armageddon really made no sense. Wasn't he involved in a quest? If he's so powerful, how the hell did he get captured by Onaga's priests?

They used some kind of magic to stop him and yeah, he was on some quest.

Kabal was one of the good guys but turns evil because Havik told him too? Right...

Well Kabal isn't technically a "good guy". He only fought alongside the good guys but only to save the realm. Having being a Black Dragon member for so long, he's very loyal to the clan and what they do so you can say they pretty much "corrupted" him.

Mokap was a nice joke character but the devs had to be dumb enough to try to make him a canon character.

Well at least he didn't have a big role.

I like Conquest mode in DA. At least that gave out more details on the characters. I didn't too much like the others.

quanchi112
Johnny Cage would get his ass kicked by Shinnok. Any top tier from Street Fighter would anally rape Mortal Kombat's best though. laughing out loud The Mk universe would annihilate them.

quanchi112
I keep forgetting MK has a horrible storyline. You've got to be joking. Name me a fighting game with a better continuing story than MK?

FinalAnswer
You've got to be joking. Name me a fighting game with a better continuing story than MK?

Guilty Gear, Soul Caliber, stuff.

Though I personally liked MK's story.

Demonic Phoenix

People don't play fighting games for the storyline, well, not usually.

That said, you do have point about the storyline.

Originally posted by FinalAnswer

BlazBlue as well estahuh

Ridley_Prime
I thought they were gonna do that too at first, but Kung Lao ended up being another one killed off by the Dragon King's mummified army.

Can't speak for all of them (as not all of them were given Armageddon bios), but there were explanations on how Shang Tsung, Quan Chi, and Jarek came back, as well as a few others.

http://mkw.mortalkombatonline.com/mka/shangtsung/

http://i224.photobucket.com/albums/dd43/MKorgADMIN/MKA_FANBio_Quanchi.jpg

http://mortalkombat.wikia.com/wiki/Jarek#Biographies

Storyline usually isn't what fighting games excel very well at to be fair, though at least MK's is still pretty elaborate, even with all the retcons and stuff.

Yeah, that kind of make sense but I guess it wouldn't look right to have Raiden die like that seeing that he is a god afterall.
He was to become an Elder God though according to his MK4 ending (with Fujin taking his place as protector of earthrealm), but instead he relinquishes his status as Elder God and becomes God of Thunder again. erm They messed up even more by bringing Raiden back yet again as a darker, evil incarnation of his former self.

I like Conquest mode in DA. At least that gave out more details on the characters. I didn't too much like the others.
Deception Conquest mode was easily the best one IMHO. Aside from the Shujinko training, I liked most of the funny side quests and what not.

RE: Blaxican
laughing out loud The Mk universe would annihilate them.

Oh Quan... good to see you.

No.

Pyron_Knight
Deception Konquest was really nice. You learn the most about the MK universe.

Also I like Tekken's story.

CosmicComet
Originally posted by FinalAnswer

Never played Guilty Gear.

Soul Calibur? Nope.

MK's mythos is far more expansive and deeper.

quanchi112
Oh Quan... good to see you.

No. Uhm, yes they would.Originally posted by FinalAnswer

Though I personally liked MK's story. Wrong on sc. Never played the other one.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.