Mr. Terrific vs Black Panther

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Bentley
Three weeks prep each.

Fight happens on the JLA satellite.

marwash22
Holt.

3 weeks prep? this is a raping waiting to happen.

Bentley
Originally posted by marwash22
Holt.

3 weeks prep? this is a raping waiting to happen.

You think Panther goes down easily? confused

marwash22
With three entire weeks to prepare, uh yeah, quite easily.

Holt > T'Challa, in terms of intellect.

Omega Vision
Holt is BETTER. Period. sneer

Mr Terrific wins.

Bentley
With three entire weeks to prepare, uh yeah, quite easily.

Holt > T'Challa, in terms of intellect.

What has he done? Panther punked Mephisto wink

marwash22
what do you mean? going strictly by known level of intelligence it's only logical to figure Holt will find a way to counter every single one of T'Challa's physical advantages.

Bentley
what do you mean? going strictly by known level of intelligence it's only logical to figure Holt will find a way to counter every single one of T'Challa's physical advantages.

Faulty logic, prep battles are not only about intelligence but also resources, Panther has his own freaking country and can use sorcery if needed.

iceman24567
I'm not into black on black crime so it's a draw they both take turns hitting a spliff while watching Good Times reruns

marwash22
what exactly is off limits here? If T'Challa gets Wakanda as resources, Holt gets the Watchtower and it's inhabitants.

Darth Martin
Putting this on the JLA satellite is an unfair advantage for Holt. Panther dwarfs Holt as far as resources and I'd say Holy has alot more "big names" to call upon. Panther has his own country and is pals with the Fantastic Four. Holt commands the second most powerful superhero team on the planet.

Holt is smarter. Also, as far as standard equipment goes I'd take multiple T-Spheres over Panther's vibranium uniform and gadgets any day. Panther IS the better martial artist and is superior in physical stats.

I'll say Holt 6/10.

Bentley
Panther has nullified tech -including Doom's, including Skrull's- on the fly with minimum tech, his vibranium goes through any steel and pumps his tech up a whole notch.

Limits are no outside help on battle nor on prep, but they get access to tech and realms they would be able to tap into on regular appearances.

Don't forget that Panther is dubbed among the top eight smartest people in Marvel Earth, the intelligence gap may be too little to matter here.

Darth Martin
Terrific is regarded as top 3 smartest overall in DC along with Batman and Luthor.

Btw, who would those 7 in front of T'Challa be?
1.Reed Richards/Dr.Doom
2.Dr.Doom/Reed Richards
3.Tony Stark
4.Hank Pym
5.Beast
6.Bruce Banner

??????????

Bentley
Originally posted by Darth Martin
Terrific is regarded as top 3 smartest overall in DC along with Batman and Luthor.

Btw, who would those 7 in front of T'Challa be?
1.Reed Richards/Dr.Doom
2.Dr.Doom/Reed Richards
3.Tony Stark
4.Hank Pym
5.Beast
6.Bruce Banner

??????????

I'm just quoting a scan, not saying is true wink

The importance of the comparision is that T'challa is no slouch at intelligence himself, its not as if Holt has feats to outdo what we know BP has done.

Darth Martin
That's because Panther is a much more exposed character than Terrific, who still to this day remains one of DC's coolest characters and unfortunately so less used. sad

Terrific is pretty impressive though WITHOUT prep. He is invisible to all forms of tech and his T-Spheres are capable of alot more than what Panther can do with his standard equipment.

marwash22
Has T'Challa created robots from scratch? I'd say the gap in intelligence is substantial. Not calling T'Challa an idiot, but they're on totally different levels.

Black bolt z
Don't know.

Bentley
Has T'Challa created robots from scratch? I'd say the gap in intelligence is substantial. Not calling T'Challa an idiot, but they're on totally different levels.

What do you mean as from a scratch? I don't think BP has many "credited" creations, but he has done great things with prep, such as outprepping Iron-man, punking Mephisto and having more common sense than the whole Illuminati.

marwash22
I mean, Holt created the T-Spheres... he didn't improve upon an already established technology... they didn't exist before he came along. T'Challa has nothing to compare with that. Using battle feats does not correlate because on an exposure level T'Challa gets substantially more panel time than Holt. If Holt got his due respect, his feats would be up there with or probably surpass Batman's.

Bentley
Yeah, but that's mostly speculation, I agree he's a cool character and that's why I put him here.

Not sure what they would use against one another.

Darth Martin
Well, that's the thing. Any tech Panther brings, Terrific will be invisible to. T-Spheres>Panther's standard equip. Terrific probably has access to more higher end tech being in the DC universe.

T'Challa outpreps Stark due to his ignorance, arrogance, and knack to underestimate a guy who isn't wearing a suit of armor as standard equipment. You know, the same thing Reed does to Doom. Also, factor in this is in Panther's own book written by Hudlin. This is the same guy who writes that Panther has contingencies for Galactus. GTFOOH with that bullshit. Stark is smarter than him.

Bentley
Panther isn't limited to tech and would win if there was no tech in the match.

The anti-Galactus plan wasn't very complex to begin with, evacuate while you use cosmic-power sapping tech to make time.

Tony may be smarter but Panther keeps outdoing him, T'challa's strategy is better than Stark's its really not a matter of tech.

Prep-Man
Holt.

Bentley
Oscilating transdimensional EMP blast to ko his tech. What's Holt gonna do now?

Prep-Man
His spheres can work through EMP, IIRC.

Bentley
Originally posted by Prep-Man
His spheres can work through EMP, IIRC.

That's why its oscillating AND transdimensional. BP has hacked magic before, alien tech could be hacked too.

Warlord
Pnther

Prep-Man
So has Holt's. One of his teamates is one of the top mages in comics.

Bentley
Originally posted by Prep-Man
So has Holt's. One of his teamates is one of the top mages in comics.

That's quite good. Has he used magic himself?

Prep-Man
I don't think so, but his tech has countered magic. Mr. Teriffic has been getting a good push lately. Taking down a bunch of Black Lanterns, with limited prep and keeping up with Kobra in a good ol fashion prep war.

celeyhyga17
Prolly Mr. T for me....

Bentley
Sounds like he has solid feats, I don't really have enough knowledge of either to know what kind of tricks they tend to use.

Darth Martin
Well, Panther usually outpreps his foes due to them being arrogant and underestimating him: Doom, Iron Man, etc.

Doubt Terrific would go that route.

Warlord
actually Panther is quite the arrogant type himself

Darth Martin
Agreed, but to say his foes aren't even moreso is foolish. His ego is big, but none bigger than Mephisto, Doom, or Stark's own.

Warlord
Agreed, but to say his foes aren't even moreso is foolish. His ego is big, but none bigger than Mephisto, Doom, or Stark's own.

I'd place him in the strak level in this

marwash22
Originally posted by celeyhyga17
Prolly Mr. T for me.... Oh Mr.T definitely wins, if only based on his power to pity, fools.

namorsubby
Mr. Terrific

Bentley
Originally posted by Warlord
actually Panther is quite the arrogant type himself

Yeah, but he has more common sense than most, remember he predicted the Illuminati as a wrong idea.

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by Warlord
I'd place him in the strak level in this

agree. yes

Bentley
I finally picked who are the top smartest men on Marvel Earth:

T'challa
Pym
Richards
Doom
Beast
Stark
Banner
Cho

leonidas
i think this is closer than most seem to think. 3 weeks prep makes this VERY difficult. anti-metal could make t's tech meaningless unless you want to assume he can somehow counter it. with that much prep it would be a OKH for someone. this would be a tech battle and a battle of who could use it first.

a straight up battle would have made for a better match i think....

Juk3n
Originally posted by Bentley

T'challa
Pym
Richards
Doom
Beast
Stark
Banner
Cho

Sinister is smarter than Beast

Darth Martin

T'challa
Pym
Richards
Doom
Beast
Stark
Banner
Cho Is that supposed to be in order?

Bentley
Is that supposed to be in order?

I'm not that big of a fanboy.

Originally posted by Juk3n
Sinister is smarter than Beast

Sinister is dead and had a head start of several hundred years on Beast.

Golgo13
Bump for iron man. Also horw would dcnu holt do against panther?

Caps Conscience
BP

Golgo13
Let's get some reasoning here.

Zack M
Originally posted by namorsubby
Mr. Terrific

beatboks
That's quite good. Has he used magic himself?

He scientifically quantified and came up with a counter to magic after talking with the Thundebolt to understand how it works. Its a feat in the same league as Pym counering the magic of Loki.

Having said that lets not forget that in T'challa's earliest appearances in FF he manipulated the Fantastic Four to do as he wanted.

Now as the the "resources" Argument. Bp has his country but Holt is also the white king of Checkmate with access to resources of an Interrnational spy organization. So I doubt theirs any great advantage to BP in resources.

This battles close. Not sure which way to lean

riv6672
Its a good battle, but i favor Mr. T.

panthergod
Panther destroys Holt.

Zack M
Originally posted by riv6672
Its a good battle, but i favor Mr. T.

Same here. More tech savvy.

Blue Area Vet
Originally posted by Zack M
Same here. More tech savvy.

LOL! PB wears a living computer that was able to communicate with the chamber that birth Galactus from the last universe.

Blue Area Vet
PB mercs this D-lister. D.C. fans, stop hating and stop being ridiculous.

Zack M
Originally posted by Blue Area Vet
LOL! PB wears a living computer that was able to communicate with the chamber that birth Galactus from the last universe.

Yawn.

riv6672
Isnt Mr. T invisible to tech? Seems BPs suit would be a disadvantage.

Blue Area Vet

Mr. hasn't experienced true tech until he's experienced BP's tech.

riv6672
Yeah thsts a true BaV statement. laughing

Zack M

Yes, he is.

Blue Area Vet
Yeah thsts a true BaV statement. laughing

100% cannon.

And shame on you desporados for trotting out a D.C. D lister against to one of the most formidable, success and deadly characters in comics.

Zack M
Mr. Terrific? Yep.

riv6672
Yeah thats a true BaV statement. laughing
Originally posted by Blue Area Vet
100% cannon.
I always am.

riv6672
Originally posted by Zack M
Yes, he is.
Thought so. thumb up

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.