Mortal Kombat 9

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Bro SMASH
Here's the official trailer for the next Mortal Kombat game:

X1l3UTrJYAQ

Looks very cool. Can't wait to see more of it next week!

WickedDynamite
No MK vs DC II....No MK games for me.

blah!

Bro SMASH
Ah! Just wait for the next MK game. It's gonna happen eventually.

And who knows? There might be some DC cameos in this game.

ArtificialGlory
Screw DC to hell and back. What does it have to do with MK anyway?

Sin_Volvagia
At least they went back to the 2D style but will it be as good as MK3?

Quincy
Johnnnnnnny Caggeeeeeeeeeeeeee

BackFire
Looks good. Glad they went back to their darker roots.

FistOfThe North
lookin' good. reminds me umk3 a.k.a. the best mortal kombat game made.

Ridley_Prime
Originally posted by Quincy
Johnnnnnnny Caggeeeeeeeeeeeeee
And Onaga (at the beginning). Sweet.

Originally posted by FistOfThe North
Nah. MK Trilogy and MK2 top that.

Demonic Phoenix
Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
And Onaga (at the beginning). Sweet.

Nah. MK Trilogy and MK2 top that.

You mean the face at the beginning? Looks more like Shao Kahn putting his mask on.

~ Also, looks like we have 2 on 2 battles in this one.

Ridley_Prime
Shao Khan don't have green skin above his eyes or glowy eyes quite like that. I guess I could be mistaken though.

And yay @ the 2 on 2 battles. woot

Phanteros
They bring it back to the way it should be. Good.

Phanteros
Originally posted by WickedDynamite
No MK vs DC II....No MK games for me.

blah! Yeah, let bring back the blandest crossover, totally a good idea.

Lets bring back a game where everyone fought the same style.

Scythe
Awesome.

Demonic Phoenix
Shao Khan don't have green skin above his eyes or glowy eyes quite like that. I guess I could be mistaken though.

And yay @ the 2 on 2 battles. woot

Onaga does not wear a mask with a skeletal nose, nor does he have red eyes; whereas Shao Kahn does. 313

Something tells me that we might not have fatalities in the 2 on 2 battles. Even if we did, it'd probably only be a viable option against the last fighter on the losing team. sad

SaTsuJiN
Game looks amazing so far.. I'm glad they finally figured out what we loved mortal kombat for

I did 'not' dig the dial-a-combo system.. "run" button was kinda interesting though

Phanteros
I wonder what's the story in this one?

Ridley_Prime
Originally posted by Demonic Phoenix
Onaga does not wear a mask with a skeletal nose, nor does he have red eyes; whereas Shao Kahn does. 313

Something tells me that we might not have fatalities in the 2 on 2 battles. Even if we did, it'd probably only be a viable option against the last fighter on the losing team. sad
I guess I stand corrected then. Ah well. Onaga does wear a helmet similar looking to Khan's mask though. That's kinda what I thought it was at the beginning of the trailer at first until you pointed out the skeletal nose.

Yeah, that would most likely be the case.. It would be rather stupid if the last opponent on the losing team were to just stand aside as his partner's getting fatalitized, so you would only get to do it on the last guy, presumably.

Originally posted by Phanteros
Who knows? I'm just glad at the moment that this thread isn't getting the type of whining, bashing, or complaining that the MKvsDC thread did back in the day laughing out loud (granted, a good portion of it was justified).

Nemesis X
I thought the name of the new MK game would be MK Rebirth or was that really the name for another horrid videogame based movie?

Demonic Phoenix
I guess I stand corrected then. Ah well. Onaga does wear a helmet similar looking to Khan's mask though. That's kinda what I thought it was at the beginning of the trailer at first until you pointed out the skeletal nose.

Yeah, that would most likely be the case.. It would be rather stupid if the last opponent on the losing team were to just stand aside as his partner's getting fatalitized, so you would only get to do it on the last guy, presumably.

Believe you me, I wish I were wrong, as I'd take Onaga over Shao Kahn any day. >__>
I mean, Shao Kahn is cool and all, but he's no Onaga as you know all too well.

Pretty much.

Liu Kang: Arrgh, Help me Lao, my patented legs are being torn from my body.
Kung Lao: Fixes his hat and sings Here I come to save the day...
Lao's advance is promptly halted by an invisible barrier.
Shang Tsung: n00b. Can't you see I'm fatalitizing your partner?

Granted, this isn't a funny bit, but that's the only way I see them explaining the possibility for fatalities on both fighters in a team.

~ 2 vs 2 would do wonders for online play.
I'm also hoping that weapons make a return.

Originally posted by Nemesis X
I thought the name of the new MK game would be MK Rebirth or was that really the name for another horrid videogame based movie?

MK: Rebirth is the name of the short movie that was released a few days ago. At the very least, it was epic.

As long as it does not involve Shao Kahn attempting to take over Earth-Realm, and Liu Kang beating his ass back to Outworld, I'll be happy. I want Shao Kahn to beat that fool.

Ridley_Prime
Doesn't seem bad enough to be called horrid from the looks of it so far, but yeah. Rebirth is the name of a prototype trailer made by some director in order to sell Warner Bros on his vision for a reimagined MK film (yay for viral marketing). Hasn't been worked on as a whole yet or anything. Thought I already showed you it in the off-topic thread.

9_MqZn7E-mk

Is it coincidence though that the idea for another MK film got revealed on youtube around the same time MK9 was shown? mmm

Believe me, I wish I were wrong, as I'd take Onaga over Shao Kahn any day. >__>
I mean, Shao Kahn is cool and all, but he's no Onaga as you know all too well.

Pretty much.

Liu Kang: Arrgh, Help me Lao, my patented legs are being torn from my body.
Kung Lao: Fixes his hat and sings Here I come to save the day...
Lao's advance is promptly halted by an invisible barrier.
Shang Tsung: n00b. Can't you see I'm fatalitizing your partner?

Granted, this isn't a funny bit, but that's the only way I see them explaining the possibility for fatalities on both fighters in a team.

~ 2 vs 2 would do wonders for online play.
I'm also hoping that weapons make a return.
Haha, yep.

lol @ that scenario. laughing out loud I can see it happening too.

Regardless of how the fatalities work, I imagine the 2 on 2 would do much for online play as well. There will probably be plenty achievements/trophies involved with it too. At least, it would be better than unlocking trophies/achievements by playing that ridiculous Kombo Challenge mode that was in MKvsDC.
ridleyfacepalm

As for weapons, pretty sure I saw Subzero use one in the trailer, so it's safe to say they are back. I just hope they work the way they did in MK4 (where you have to push a certain sequence of buttons like you do for special moves in order for your character to draw them) instead of having to switch between different fighting styles in order to use it.

As long as it does not involve Shao Kahn attempting to take over Earth-Realm, and Liu Kang beating his ass back to Outworld, I'll be happy.
Yeah. I suppose I'll be fine as long as they're not recycling any of the previous plotlines.

jinXed by JaNx
id rather have DC vs 2 but this looks good too

SaTsuJiN
I kinda miss Shang Tsung.. he was really fun to use (MK2 shang)

Kazenji
Originally posted by SaTsuJiN

I did 'not' dig the dial-a-combo system.. interesting though

Same i hate that way too thats why i like Streetfighter for combo's alot easier.

Originally posted by Sin_Volvagia
At least they went back to the 2D style but will it be as good as MK3?

Does'nt look 2D too me still 3D but back to the old way.

Ridley_Prime
I kinda miss Shang Tsung.. he was really fun to use (MK2 shang)
Yeah. Whatever happened to being able to use his morph ability in-game? I mean, sure, he was all right to use in the latest games too, but still wasn't the same (or as fun) without being able to change into other fighters and confuse the shit out of your opponent.

Menetnashté
I like the x-ray type thing going on in the one scene, looks pretty sick. I'm kind of worried that I haven't seen scorpion on screen yet though, I hope they don't for some reason leave him out of the game.

Ridley_Prime
I'm not worried. With Scorpion being Ed Boon's personal favorite character, no way they'd leave him out.

SaTsuJiN
My fave was subzero til they gave him lame fatalities, and then later on unmasked him sad

then I switched to reptile for 2, and then Kenshi for the more recent ones.. dude rocks

Menetnashté
I'm not worried. With Scorpion being Ed Boon's personal favorite character, no way they'd leave him out.
Well they did in MK3 =(
My fave was subzero til they gave him lame fatalities, and then later on unmasked him sad

then I switched to reptile for 2, and then Kenshi for the more recent ones.. dude rocks
Yeah Sub Zero just got less cool as the series went on imo, Reptile was always one of my favorites except in MK4 and Deadly Alliance

Ridley_Prime

No End N Site
Looks good...need to see more.

Ridley_Prime
After looking at the trailer again, I'm beginning to think Subzero's ice sword at 0:49 is just a temporary special move, rather than a weapon you can have drawn as long as you want.

And did I see Li Mei somewhere in there, or was that just Mileena?

Sin_Volvagia
After looking at the trailer again, I'm beginning to think Subzero's ice sword at 0:49 is just a temporary special move, rather than a weapon you can have drawn as long as you want.

And did I see Li Mei somewhere in there, or was that just Mileena?

Li Mei and Kira are being held captive.

SaTsuJiN
I'm going to die laughing if Mileena is god tier again like she was in MK2

sai spam to death :B

Gooogle Bot
Not hating or anything but honestly is this a XBLA game?

Kazenji
Why would a XBLA also go to E3?

SaTsuJiN
I'll just leave this right here...

FvwwLzR_NNY

Demonic Phoenix

Haha, yep.

lol @ that scenario. laughing out loud I can see it happening too.

Regardless of how the fatalities work, I imagine the 2 on 2 would do much for online play as well. There will probably be plenty achievements/trophies involved with it too. At least, it would be better than unlocking trophies/achievements by playing that ridiculous Kombo Challenge mode that was in MKvsDC.
ridleyfacepalm

As for weapons, pretty sure I saw Subzero use one in the trailer, so it's safe to say they are back. I just hope they work the way they did in MK4 (where you have to push a certain sequence of buttons like you do for special moves in order for your character to draw them) instead of having to switch between different fighting styles in order to use it.

Yeah. I suppose I'll be fine as long as they're not recycling any of the previous plotlines.

I noe ehh. Still, let us not talk about MKvsDC in this thread anymore.
MK9 will hopefully remedy that general disappointment.

I hope stage fatalities are present as well. I kind of like those. Friendship? mmm

True. I'd rather have it as a battle accessory of sorts that changes certain moves, rather than an entirely new style that you can switch into and out of.
Oh, and the Sub-Zero thing was a throw/special move. You can see Sub grab him.

Yeah. Or having Liu Kang stomp over Shao Kahn/Shang Tsung with his flying kick.

Zack Fair
The trailer is fkn awesome. You can even see the 2 guys fighting in the background of MK2's pit stage.

SaTsuJiN
quoted from the press-release.. this sounds like good stuff..(especially since I liked the 2 player tag system in DoA2) I'm mostly sold on it now ><

Zack Fair
I cannot wait. First SF4 goes back to basics and now MK. Oh FKN yeah

FistOfThe North
i wonder whom picked mk up since midway went belly up..

jalek moye
i wonder whom picked mk up since midway went belly up..

I thought Warner Bros bought midway or something?

Bro SMASH
Yeah, Warner Bros. got the MK license.

-Pr-
Looks all the better for it, too.

Ridley_Prime
An interesting, more in-depth look at the trailer.

56RQjsdvvZU

Didn't notice before that Cage had his name tattooed on his chest. lol

lord xyz

And yay @ the 2 on 2 battles. woot He has glowy eyes in that video.

Ridley_Prime
Hmm'k. I'm way past talking about that part now.

Sin_Volvagia
I'm hoping for no Liu Lame.

Ridley_Prime
At the very least, if he is in there, I'm hoping for no more PIS victories from him.

Bro SMASH
Just found out that the story of this game does in fact takes place after MKA but someone is going back in time so we'll see a retelling of MK1 to MK3 but with some differences in them.

Ridley_Prime
Source?

Bro SMASH
067ZfFqJhLU

Ed Boon interview

Demonic Phoenix
Originally posted by Bro SMASH
Just found out that the story of this game does in fact takes place after MKA but someone is going back in time so we'll see a retelling of MK1 to MK3 but with some differences in them.

That explains the MK1-MK3 arenas.

Ridley_Prime
067ZfFqJhLU

Ed Boon interview
Aww, spring 2011. I heard somewhere earlier that it was to come out sometime winter 2010. Oh well.

But after looking back at the Armageddon endings, I can conclude that it was most likely Kung Lao who went back in time and altered some events of the past (MK1 to MK3).

2aqjwr_5GVw

That means no more Liu Lame wanking!

quanchi112
This probably means no quanchi. Awww nuts.

SaTsuJiN
http://screwattack.com/videos/Hands-On-Mortal-Kombat

dunno if anyone posted this.. if they did, sorry.. also.. I want this game nao @_@

Ridley_Prime
Interesting mmm, and I see Mileena still looks smexy as ever.

I-Drop
Originally posted by ArtificialGlory
Screw DC to hell and back. What does it have to do with MK anyway? Ditto. & **** them for not having Cage in that lousy ass game. This looks like it will be a MUCH better game than MK v. DC was. MK getting back to basics is a GOOD thing!Originally posted by Sin_Volvagia
I'm hoping for no Liu Lame. Ditto. Quite possibly the lamest hero ever. If he's in it, the game better be MK2 great to make up for it. I notice Boon didn't mention him. Kung Lao's nutcutter fatality looks awesomely painful! I remain VERY optimistic!!!

Ridley_Prime
Boon mentioned something about someone going back in time after Armageddon, altering some events of MK1 through MK3, and judging from Kuno Lao's MKA ending here, he seems to most likely be the one.

2aqjwr_5GVw

So yeah, Liu doesn't compete thanks to Kung Lao changing the past. No more Liu Lame.

Sin_Volvagia
Great! Liu Kang was just a generic Bruce Lee-wannabe with a lame bicycle kick move. Kung Lao is a far better design inspired by Oddjob and some guy from Big Trouble in Little China.

quanchi112
Shao Kahn and Shang seem like the two I am most interested in playing as for this one.

Sin_Volvagia
MK now has super moves.

http://playstationlifestyle.net/2010/06/17/mortal-kombat-e3-impressions/

Select Screen:
http://www.trmk.org/images/mk9/MortalKombat_E3_SelectScreen_Tedakin.jpg

Demonic Phoenix
Scorpion's mask looks much like an update version of his MKvDC mask.

Bluesteel
This is GREAT news!

Game looks awesome with or withour Liu Kang, I always liked to have him in the game, hes part of MK, he needs to be there.

But most importantly, just give us JAX! smile WITHOUT metal arms, "I got everything I need right here!" hehe. 2D YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES! Mk2-3 setting HELL YEEEEEEEEEEEEEES!

Sin_Volvagia
DLC Characters confirmed

http://playstationlifestyle.net/2010/06/17/mortal-kombat-characters-dlc-confirmed/

The new hero should be Kung Lao or Sub-Zero. May Liu Lame be optional.

Bro SMASH
Whoa, whoa, people, Boon said that a character is going back to the past. He didn't say who and I doubt they'd leave Liu Kang out anyway. Love him or hate him, Liu Kang is an iconic MK character and he still got many fans.

Also, here's a new interview:

http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/action/mortalkombat9/video/6266626

Game is looking great so far.

Also, as much as you guys hate Liu Kang so much, you should WANT him in the game as that would give you a chance to kill him in gruesome ways. Not that I want it to happen, I'm just saying. This is an M-rated MK game afterall.

Great! Liu Kang was just a generic Bruce Lee-wannabe with a lame bicycle kick move. Kung Lao is a far better design inspired by Oddjob and some guy from Big Trouble in Little China.

How can Liu Kang be any more generic than Fei Long or Law? Compared to them, Liu Kang is very unique and not much of a wannabe (hech, he hardly even resembles Bruce Lee). Besides, as big Bruce Lee is/was, I'm glad that there is a fighting series out there that features Bruce Lee type character as the protagonist and not just some side character.

CosmicComet
Liu Kang is probably the most hated main character of any particular fighting franchise.

Siegfried is loved. Jin Kazama is loved. Ryu is loved etc.

Not so much with Liu Kang. I think Boon and them picked up on this pretty early.

CosmicComet
Kinda disappointed that its back to 2d movement now.

I loved Deception and Deadly Alliance.

Bro SMASH
Originally posted by CosmicComet
Liu Kang is probably the most hated main character of any particular fighting franchise.

Siegfried is loved. Jin Kazama is loved. Ryu is loved etc.

Not so much with Liu Kang. I think Boon and them picked up on this pretty early.

Liu Kang is loved too.

quanchi112
Liu Kang is loved too. I never really cared for him at all but wouldn't say I hate him. I always thought jonny cage was the biggest bum in all of mk.

RE: Blaxican
Liu Kang sucks.

However, looking forward to the game.

Phanteros
I don't think this is a good Idea to put in the same season as MvC 3

Ridley_Prime
MK now has super moves.

http://playstationlifestyle.net/2010/06/17/mortal-kombat-e3-impressions/

Select Screen:
http://www.trmk.org/images/mk9/MortalKombat_E3_SelectScreen_Tedakin.jpg
Interesting. Sure are a lot of unlockable characters (Raiden and Shao Khan being a couple obvious ones)...

DLC Characters confirmed

http://playstationlifestyle.net/2010/06/17/mortal-kombat-characters-dlc-confirmed/
DLC announced months in advance before the game is released? Thank you Capcom and company for setting such a fine example.

Whoa, whoa, people, Boon said that a character is going back to the past.
And Kung Lao is the most likely one based on the Armageddon endings. Because of his altering of the past, Liu Kang never competed in a Mortal Kombat tournament. As a result, it wouldn't make sense for Liu to appear in MK9, regardless of how iconic he may be.

How can Liu Kang be any more generic than Fei Long or Law? Compared to them, Liu Kang is very unique and not much of a wannabe (hech, he hardly even resembles Bruce Lee).
His MK1 sprite certainly does.

Me too, but oh well.

Nemesis X

So wait, MK9 is coming out around the same time MvC3 comes out? I'm not psychic but I know that in the future, MvC3 will be having the higher sales.

Kazenji
Originally posted by CosmicComet

Really?

thats a new one to me.

Ridley_Prime
If the opposite was true, he probably wouldn't of gotten killed off the way he did in Deadly Alliance.

Kazenji
Only hate i knew of was for Shinnok i kept on hearing about but not Liu Kang.

Phanteros
So wait, MK9 is coming out around the same time MvC3 comes out? I'm not psychic but I know that in the future, MvC3 will be having the higher sales. Indeed, broader audience and parents will prefer it.

Bro SMASH
And Kung Lao is the most likely one based on the Armageddon endings. Because of his altering of the past, Liu Kang never competed in a Mortal Kombat tournament. As a result, it wouldn't make sense for Liu to appear in MK9, regardless of how iconic he may be.

In his ending, Kung Lao went a hundred years in the past. This game only goes back to MK1.

His MK1 sprite certainly does.

Well the game was meant to be a quick project so they weren't really trying to be detailed in the designs. He was still one of the earlier Bruce Lee-inspired characters in a fighting game, predating the two I just mentioned.

Nemesis X
Indeed, broader audience and parents will prefer it.

Not to mention the fact that MK fans are still having that hangover from MKvsDC. The PURCHALITY numbers for MK9 are quickly depleting.

FistOfThe North
nah. i don't think so. what made mk a great game was gameplay it had in the earlier mk's and mk9's opting to bring that style back.

it may be the best mk game to come out ever. mk 1+2 style gameplay, 2v2 combat, original characters, new story and updated graphics.

i hoping for the best for this game.

it's gonna be the tekken 6 and street fighter 4 of the series.

Demonic Phoenix
Liu Kang is loved too.

Not as much as Jin Kazama or Ryu. Nowhere near their level in fact.
If Scorpion was not so good at being the resident Anti-Hero, he'd make a much better protagonist, seeing as he's 'loved' more than Liu is.
Liu plain sucks. He's by far the most annoying fighting game character I've played with and against.

Indeed, broader audience and parents will prefer it.

With the number of changes they've made in MvC3 from MvC2, it's pretty much a massive appeal to casualfags.

Demonic Phoenix

In his ending, Kung Lao went a hundred years in the past. This game only goes back to MK1.

Smashbro has a point R_P.

Also, Taven had some control over Time and Space when he was a half-god. In his ending, he becomes a full-fledged god, and it is probably canon, seeing as he's the Protagonist of Armageddon. Who knows how powerful his Time/Space manipulation is now, but it is likely amped up.
He likely sends the fighters back in time.

Ridley_Prime
Not according to his ending it doesn't. All Taven did was somehow made the fighters stronger than before, not send them back in time.

P6iIR4tNz8c

As for Taven's powers, he could freeze time temporarily, yeah, and upon being amped from defeating Blaze, he could probably freeze time permanently if he wanted, but traveling back in time is kind of a whole other thing. Kung Lao is the only one we see go back in time as far as the endings go.

Ridley_Prime
Oh yeah. Also, being the victor of Mortal Kombat causes the person to not age, so although Kung Lao went back hundreds of years in the past before MK1, he could have still lived up towards MK1 and changed some of the events there, causing Liu Kang to not compete as a result of defeating Goro.

Meh. I guess we'll have to wait 'till they reveal who it was that went back in time, but Kung Lao being the one appears to make the most sense so far.

Bro SMASH
it's gonna be the tekken 6 and street fighter 4 of the series.

Yeah, that's the way I see it too.

Not as much as Jin Kazama or Ryu. Nowhere near their level in fact.
If Scorpion was not so good at being the resident Anti-Hero, he'd make a much better protagonist, seeing as he's 'loved' more than Liu is.
Liu plain sucks. He's by far the most annoying fighting game character I've played with and against.

I really don't find Jin to be that well-loved as he use to be. In fact, he was doing the same things Liu was doing; winning all the tournaments...until he truly became Kazuya Jr (which I thought was a bad idea).

I think you should look at Shujinko. Now THAT was a terrible hero.

Ridley_Prime
Not really. At least he was pretty developed, more-so than Liu Lame.

Sin_Volvagia
Whoa, whoa, people, Boon said that a character is going back to the past.

My bets on Raiden who is protector of Earthrealm and the fact that the first MKs were Earthrealm vs. Outworld.

Sadly you're right no

I had MK1 in mind. Yeah Liu Kang may have more unique moves than Fei Long and Law but he's got an annoying voice that gets worse and worse as the series progress and the Bicycle Kick is one of the most stupid-looking moves I've seen in a fighting game.

While it seems like I hate the character, it wasn't always that way. Sure, he was no one I cared about but it was Deception that made him hateable. Couldn't they keep the MK champion dead? It was what made DA interesting and made the main antagonists considerable threats. When Liu Kang was brought back, he became a zombie with super-annoying voice and the whole reason he came back didn't make sense.

Sin_Volvagia

You got a point there.

Demonic Phoenix
I really don't find Jin to be that well-loved as he use to be. In fact, he was doing the same things Liu was doing; winning all the tournaments...until he truly became Kazuya Jr (which I thought was a bad idea).

He only became Kazuya Jr. in order to get rid of Azazel.
He is rather one-dimensional, and I personally don't care much for the pretty boy as a character (at least I didn't care for him in T4 and T5, as I thought he was rather badass in 6), but he's still a better character than Liu.

Not according to his ending it doesn't. All Taven did was somehow made the fighters stronger than before, not send them back in time.

P6iIR4tNz8c

As for Taven's powers, he could freeze time temporarily, yeah, and upon being amped from defeating Blaze, he could probably freeze time permanently if he wanted, but traveling back in time is kind of a whole other thing. Kung Lao is the only one we see go back in time as far as the endings go.

Yes, but he also mentions searching for a way to fix it. Perhaps he decides to send them back in time as his way of fixing the entire ordeal, and preventing Armageddon.

Oh yeah. Also, being the victor of Mortal Kombat causes the person to not age, so although Kung Lao went back hundreds of years in the past before MK1, he could have still lived up towards MK1 and changed some of the events there, causing Liu Kang to not compete as a result of defeating Goro.

Meh. I guess we'll have to wait 'till they reveal who it was that went back in time, but Kung Lao being the one appears to make the most sense so far.

True enough.

Yeah, just waiting is probably the best course of action. Maybe they'll reveal more characters in time. Spring 2011 is quite far off though, and for all we know, it could be pushed back even further >__>

I-Drop
Whoa, whoa, people, Boon said that a character is going back to the past. He didn't say who and I doubt they'd leave Liu Kang out anyway. Love him or hate him, Liu Kang is an iconic MK character and he still got many fans.Didn't stop them from snapping Liu Lame's neck & leaving him out of DA big grin MK can get along fine w/out him. They got Kung Lao & Scorpion to take his slot. I think Boon & Co. kinda realize that he just never quite stacked up to the heroes of other games.

Bro SMASH
Originally posted by I-Drop
Didn't stop them from snapping Liu Lame's neck & leaving him out of DA big grin MK can get along fine w/out him. They got Kung Lao & Scorpion to take his slot. I think Boon & Co. kinda realize that he just never quite stacked up to the heroes of other games.

I think they realized their mistake for killing him too. smile I'd be pissed if they make another MK fighting game without him. I almost didn't want to play MKDA because of that.

I don't mind if Kung Lao becomes the next hero because I admit, he needs to shine more but as long as they don't significantly reduce Liu Kang's role because of it.

Sin_Volvagia
I think they realized their mistake for killing him too. smile I'd be pissed if they make another MK fighting game without him. I almost didn't want to play MKDA because of that.

I don't mind if Kung Lao becomes the next hero because I admit, he needs to shine more but as long as they don't significantly reduce Liu Kang's role because of it.

Realized their mistake? The next-gen MKs got worse when Liu Lame came back. I dunno about MK vs. DC since I never played or will play it.

Bro SMASH
Liu Kang wasn't the reason it got worse, though.

MKvsDC was pretty good. It better than the three before it.

Sin_Volvagia

He is one of the reasons. The others include lame new characters, stupid new hero, worse gameplay, and Onaga. For someone who appeared so uber in the intro, he has some of the most generic monster moves ever.

Bro SMASH
Liu Kang was never one of the reasons. Bringing him back was a good move.

geshien
Some gameplay....

m4UCpJO5v6Q

I'm actually excited about this game.

Sin_Volvagia

No it wasn't. Look how lame he was when he came back.

http://www.trmk.org/images/guide/mortal_kombat_deception/Liu%20Kang.jpg

His turkey calls annoy me worse than Sin & Punishment's voice acting.

Ridley_Prime
While it seems like I hate the character, it wasn't always that way. Sure, he was no one I cared about but it was Deception that made him hateable.
Same with me actually (just to point that out).

Couldn't they keep the MK champion dead? It was what made DA interesting and made the main antagonists considerable threats. When Liu Kang was brought back, he became a zombie with super-annoying voice and the whole reason he came back didn't make sense.
Exactly. That's why bringing him back wasn't a good move.

You got a point there.
Hardly. Shujinko's still more developed than Liu Lame, and a much better protagonist than Taven.

He only became Kazuya Jr. in order to get rid of Azazel.
He is rather one-dimensional, and I personally don't care much for the pretty boy as a character (at least I didn't care for him in T4 and T5, as I thought he was rather badass in 6), but he's still a better character than Liu.
Agreed.

Yes, but he also mentions searching for a way to fix it. Perhaps he decides to send them back in time as his way of fixing the entire ordeal, and preventing Armageddon.
True, that could be it. mmm

True enough.

Yeah, just waiting is probably the best course of action. Maybe they'll reveal more characters in time. Spring 2011 is quite far off though, and for all we know, it could be pushed back even further >__>
Very true as well. They do that with almost every anticipated game nowadays, so I can see it happening.

I think they realized their mistake for killing him too. smile
More like they made a mistake by undoing something they did right.

Coming back as a zombie didn't do Liu justice, nor did Raiden becoming an "evil" Thunder God after his suicide against Onaga.

Nah... Story-wise it's definitely not better than the three before it, and the gameplay had more bad things for me than it did good (the toned down pussy fatalities, etc).

He is one of the reasons. The others include lame new characters, stupid new hero, worse gameplay, and Onaga. For someone who appeared so uber in the intro, he has some of the most generic monster moves ever.
What else could you expect from a dragon really, let alone a dragon king? Him having teh fire moves and stuff was inevitable. His shockwave/dirty face move was pretty cool at least, and he had the most cinematic throw in the series. Also a much more cunning villain/schemer than Shao Khan and the like.

No it wasn't, especially in the way he was brought back.

Phanteros
Taven was probably the best protagonist.

Ridley_Prime
He was probably the worst for me, aside from Liu past MK3 or so.

Sin_Volvagia

Hardly. Shujinko's still more developed than Liu Lame, and a much better protagonist than Taven.

Shujinko was too naive and he's just a copycat Kung Lao with stolen special moves.

The throw was the best he got. Since he's a possessed Reptile, he could've used his moves plus fire breath and wing wind.

Taven was probably the best protagonist.

Personality-wise he is. But he just doesn't fit in with the rest of the MK cast. He looks like he came from DC Comics.

Phanteros
Shujinko was too naive and he's just a copycat Kung Lao with stolen special moves.

The throw was the best he got. Since he's a possessed Reptile, he could've used his moves plus fire breath and wing wind.

Personality-wise he is. But he just doesn't fit in with the rest of the MK cast. He looks like he came from DC Comics. Warners prior to the purchase had some influence on Midway, who knows.

Ridley_Prime
True enough, but I like how he changed from being naive afterward.

http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u122/BiosArmageddon/MKA-Shujinko.jpg

Agreed, especially on the last part. At least that would've been better than the jumping stomp and slide kick he had, which looked like they were copied from one of Goro's and Subzero's moves respectively.

Bro SMASH
No it wasn't. Look how lame he was when he came back.

http://www.trmk.org/images/guide/mortal_kombat_deception/Liu%20Kang.jpg

His turkey calls annoy me worse than Sin & Punishment's voice acting.

Of course it was a good move. He was the hero so they can't get rid of him for good.

As for how they brought him back, well don't you think they should have an evil side for him now, like some other fighting game protagonists? At least his was somewhat different. All I want is to have them as separate characters.

Nah... Story-wise it's definitely not better than the three before it, and the gameplay had more bad things for me than it did good (the toned down pussy fatalities, etc).

The story was pretty good to me. It made a lot of sense. Also, Fatalities have little to do with gameplay.

Ridley_Prime
Of course it was a good move. He was the hero so they can't get rid of him for good.
You say that as though he were the only hero.

As for how they brought him back, well don't you think they should have an evil side for him now, like some other fighting game protagonists?
No, it's cliched. Bad enough that they did it with Raiden too.

The story was pretty good to me. It made a lot of sense.
Still nowhere as good as the story of the three games before it (at least Deadly Alliance and Deception).

Also, Fatalities have little to do with gameplay.
And yet, they're one of the most popular things about MK's gameplay itself. MKvsDC butchered that and almost everything else the series is most known for.

Bro SMASH
You say that as though he were the only hero.

But he was pretty much the "main hero".

No, it's cliched. Bad enough that they did it with Raiden too.

Nah! Suddenly having a hidden transformation, now that's cliched. As for Raiden, I thought that was bad too.

till nowhere as good as the story of the three games before it (at least Deadly Alliance and Deception).

MKDA was pretty good. MKD was okay (didn't quite like Shujinko, nor how they killed the heroes). MKA, I'm lost in that. For MKvsDC, I'd say it's between MKDA and MKD.

And yet, they're one of the most popular things about MK's gameplay itself. MKvsDC butchered that and almost everything else the series is most known for.

Yeah but to be honest, it's understandable. Nobody wants to see DC heroes get killed in such a gruesome way.

Ridley_Prime
MK doesn't have just one single main hero, as shown by the Great Kung Lao (ancestor), present-day Kung Lao, Shujinko, and Taven.

Nah! Suddenly having a hidden transformation, now that's cliched. As for Raiden, I thought that was bad too.
Well, glad we can agree on that much. I for one couldn't stand how out-of-character Raiden became after his sacrifice against Onaga.

MKDA was pretty good. MKD was okay (didn't quite like Shujinko, nor how they killed the heroes). MKA, I'm lost in that. For MKvsDC, I'd say it's between MKDA and MKD.
Eh, the heroes were brought back by Onaga's magic anyway (his spell on them later broken by Ermac), but yeah. Most of them getting killed off by the mummified army was kinda anticlimactic.
MKvsDC's story was better than Armageddon's at least, I'll give it that much.

Yeah but to be honest, it's understandable. Nobody wants to see DC heroes get killed in such a gruesome way.
Yeah, or to see DC heroes do gruesome, anti-heroic things to their opponents, so I guess it couldn't be helped.

I-Drop
The bad guys & the MK guys should have had real fatalities. I've seen some pretty ****ed up shit in DC comics before.Originally posted by Sin_Volvagia
I dunno about MK vs. DC since I never played or will play it. Was not a good game. Played it in the store. Got old really fast. Being forced to play w/characters you don't like in the story mode was NOT cool. The stupid gimmicks they added to the fight system weren't cool either.Originally posted by geshien
Some gameplay....

m4UCpJO5v6Q

I'm actually excited about this game. I was before I saw that video. Now I'm REALLY excited. Those Xray moves look cool as a mutha****a. Really liked Cage's and Kung Lao's. Loved that headbutt by Subs too. Being this interested in MK again is nice. Takes me back.

geshien
Some fatalities...

tBQYJPc66Ck

Sin_Volvagia

And he made the other characters look less important. After his death in DA, Sub-Zero, Raiden, and Kung Lao were developing to become more recognizable as heroes. Both have better designs than Liu Lame. Of course,Kung Lao and Raiden was killed off in Deception and Shujinko's lame old ass was introduced but there was still no need for Liu Kang as Sub-Zero and friends (Kenshi, Sindel, Jade, Nightwolf, Ermac, and even Scorpion) were good enough to replace his role.

Demonic Phoenix

Not really. If you kill someone, and then bring them back quickly, it lessens the impact. Not to mention, they brought him back as a fricking zombie with chains. facepalm2

MKvsDC wasn't better than DA or Deception, not by a long-shot. It can be argued that it was slightly better than Armageddon, but it wasn't that much better than that one either.

Indeed. Shujinko got deceived into going on a quest, then decided he had to fix his deadly mistake, and then succeeded in temporarily dispatching Onaga. Even then he felt he hadn't made up for his mistake.
Whereas Taven just fought his brother, the others, and Blaze; all while having virtually no character development.

True, that could be it. mmm

Or it could just be the Kung Lao thing as well. srug
At least that way, Shao Kahn and Shang Tsung don't lose due to PIS and the Bicycle kick.

Demonic Phoenix
Originally posted by geshien
Some gameplay....

m4UCpJO5v6Q

I'm actually excited about this game.

Sweet vid. Sektor looks kind of broken IMO. That ground teleport of his is probably going to be really nasty.

The X-Ray moves of Sub-Zero (Ice-Spike -> Liver crush -> Head-butt) & Reptile (teleport dash -> Eye jab -> Neck snap -> Gut kick) were really sweet. Scorpion's was utter badass.
Cage's was brutal and lolzy.
I actually grimaced at NW's X-ray move >__>

Freezing a liver and crushing it... mmm
These moves do a lot of damage. No wonder these moves need the entire Super-bar. They are mini-fatalities. >__>

I wish we get X-Ray fatalities. We could see Subs freezing and crushing their heart and other stuff like Scorpion burning their insides. That would be sweet IMO.

~ Also, damn loading times. I hope they quicken that shit.
Extreme loading times between each fight is ridiculously ghey.

Bro SMASH
And he made the other characters look less important. After his death in DA, Sub-Zero, Raiden, and Kung Lao were developing to become more recognizable as heroes. Both have better designs than Liu Lame. Of course,Kung Lao and Raiden was killed off in Deception and Shujinko's lame old ass was introduced but there was still no need for Liu Kang as Sub-Zero and friends (Kenshi, Sindel, Jade, Nightwolf, Ermac, and even Scorpion) were good enough to replace his role.

The other characters still had important roles. For example, Scorpion's rivalry with both Sub-Zeros was quite detailed. Each character fought their own reasons that were explained in some way. Liu Kang just happened to be the one fighting for Earthrealm because he was told about the great MK tournaments and was pretty much the one that cared the most.

Not really. If you kill someone, and then bring them back quickly, it lessens the impact. Not to mention, they brought him back as a fricking zombie with chains. facepalm2

MKvsDC wasn't better than DA or Deception, not by a long-shot. It can be argued that it was slightly better than Armageddon, but it wasn't that much better than that one either.

1. I'm pretty sure fans wanted him back really bad otherwise, you can bet fans would throw a huge hissy fit over the fact that he missed out on two games in a row.

2. I think it was better than all three, mainly because it wasn't that stiff and was closer to the 2D games.

Ridley_Prime

Indeed. Shujinko got deceived into going on a quest, then decided he had to fix his deadly mistake, and then succeeded in temporarily dispatching Onaga. Even then he felt he hadn't made up for his mistake.
Whereas Taven just fought his brother, the others, and Blaze; all while having virtually no character development.

Or it could just be the Kung Lao thing as well. srug
At least that way, Shao Kahn and Shang Tsung don't lose due to PIS and the Bicycle kick.
Co-signed/quoted for truth (on all of that stick out tongue).

Sweet vid. Sektor looks kind of broken IMO. That ground teleport of his is probably going to be really nasty.
Sector's ground teleport has always been rather broken. Can be used to dodge & counter any projectile and stuff when used at the right time (robot Smoke having that move too didn't help either). I remember plenty of players would disconnect on me on UMK3 (X-Box Live version) when I would teleport uppercut as they try to spear me, freeze me, or somethin'. laughing out loud

1. Spam Sector's missiles by doing both the homing missile and the straight missile.
2. Teleport uppercut the opponent while they're confused on what to do about the incoming missiles, followed by a jump kick before they reach the ground.
3. ????
4. Profit.

And agreed on the X-ray moves. Those were all pretty freakin' sweet.

1. I'm pretty sure fans wanted him back really bad otherwise, you can bet fans would throw a huge hissy fit over the fact that he missed out on two games in a row.

2. I think it was better than all three, mainly because it wasn't that stiff and was closer to the 2D games.
1. Like how people reacted when Johnny Cage and others were not in MKvsDC and the like? Why should they bring back Liu Lame just because his fans had a hissy fit, when there were fans of plenty other characters not getting to see their favorites appear as well? If Liu came back in Deception just because of fan complaints over him not being playable in one game (one game), then his fanbase is really spoiled.

2. Too bad the Rage mode made it more unbalanced/broken than pretty much any other MK game to date.

Bro SMASH
1. Like how people reacted when Johnny Cage and others were not in MKvsDC and the like? Why should they bring back Liu Lame just because his fans had a hissy fit, when there were fans of plenty other characters not getting to see their favorites appear as well? If Liu came back in Deception just because of fan complaints over him not being playable in one game (one game), then his fanbase is really spoiled.

2. Too bad the Rage mode made it more unbalanced/broken than pretty much any other MK game to date.

1. As I stated before, he's recognized as the main protagonist of MK up until that point. A lot of fans would be disappointed to see the main protagonist miss out on a whole game. He probably doesn't need to be relevent to the storyline but to leave him out completely? I don't think that sit too well for fans.

2. MK was never known to be balanced anyway.

Zack Fair
I'm so hyped for this. Used to be hyped over MvC3 but then I saw it in action and learned the even easier layout and just didn't care anymore.

I'm so going to main SubZero...like always

Ridley_Prime
1. As I stated before, he's recognized as the main protagonist of MK up until that point. A lot of fans would be disappointed to see the main protagonist miss out on a whole game. He probably doesn't need to be relevent to the storyline but to leave him out completely? I don't think that sit too well for fans.

2. MK was never known to be balanced anyway.
1. Your point? I don't think other characters/heroes getting pointlessly killed off sat too well for fans either.
As stated before, MK doesn't have just one single main hero, so Liu isn't all that essential, as shown from his role in Deception and onward.

2. Doesn't justify making things unbalanced to the point of absurdity though like MKvsDC was.

Originally posted by Zack Fair
I'm so hyped for this. Used to be hyped over MvC3 but then I saw it in action and learned the even easier layout and just didn't care anymore.

thumb up

Bro SMASH
1. Your point? I don't think other characters/heroes getting pointlessly killed off sat too well for fans either.
As stated before, MK doesn't have just one single main hero, so Liu isn't all that essential, as shown from his role in Deception and onward.

2. Doesn't justify making things unbalanced to the point of absurdity though like MKvsDC was.

1. Yeah, they NOW don't have one single main hero but prior to DA, Liu Kang was basically just that.

2. It wasn't that bad. It was mainly Superman's infinite that made it unbalance.

Demonic Phoenix

1. Since when do hissy fits from fans justify the bringing back of a character? If their reason for bringing back Liu Kang is due to a hissy fit from his fans, it's not a very smart move on their part. It also puts Liu Kang fans in a bad light, as it shows they are irrational.
His status as the Protagonist of the series also doesn't weigh in much with regards to his quick resurrection. I was pretty shocked when Shang Tsung and Quan Chi killed him, and I actually expected him to be brought back sometime after a few games had passed. Bringing him back so quickly was a dick move on their part.

2. It was still as R_P said, unbalanced mainly due to Rage. Adding some sort of temporary power-up in a Fighting game for every character is a gay move and completely unbalances the flow of standard gameplay.
If such a thing should be included, it should be given to a couple of characters only.

Co-signed/quoted for truth (on all of that stick out tongue).

Sector's ground teleport has always been rather broken. Can be used to dodge & counter any projectile and stuff when used at the right time (robot Smoke having that move too didn't help either). I remember plenty of players would disconnect on me on UMK3 (X-Box Live version) when I would teleport uppercut as they try to spear me, freeze me, or somethin'. laughing out loud

1. Spam Sector's missiles by doing both the homing missile and the straight missile.
2. Teleport uppercut the opponent while they're confused on what to do about the incoming missiles, followed by a jump kick before they reach the ground.
3. ????
4. Profit.

And agreed on the X-ray moves. Those were all pretty freakin' sweet.

Very true.
Though in this game, between all the custom combos and the super moves, it is going to be even more broken.

laughing out loud They seriously did that? After just one teleport? Or were you being a cheap-ass and spamming it? stick out tongue

I know ehh? I like what they've done with Cage as well. The cockiness is pretty cool. I just hope it doesn't become excessive and move into 'annoying' territory. facepalm
1 X-ray fatality per character is what I want now. The X-ray moves are skirt close to the fatality area anyway, but an X-Ray fatality would be even moar awesome. Seeing the acid from Reptile's mouth burn away everything inside them would be pretty sweet no? 313[/csm[

Sin_Volvagia
Originally posted by Zack Fair

That old MK interest I had back in the MK3 days is starting to come back.

Ridley_Prime
2. It wasn't that bad. It was mainly Superman's infinite that made it unbalance.
Not to mention the glitches associated with him.

2. It was still as R_P said, unbalanced mainly due to Rage. Adding some sort of temporary power-up in a Fighting game for every character is a gay move and completely unbalances the flow of standard gameplay.
If such a thing should be included, it should be given to a couple of characters only.
Yeah... The unbalance caused by the RAGE (lol) made MKvsDC nearly unplayable for me, as it probably did for a lot of MK veterans. It's like you're about to beat someone fair & square, and then a noob player manages to make a last-second comeback and beat you because of the Rage.
Clearly, that mode was implemented to give casual players more of an advantage, but there should've at least been an option to turn something like that off like there is with the blood/gore now.

Very true.
Though in this game, between all the custom combos and the super moves, it is going to be even more broken.
Perhaps. No way can it be anymore broken than MKvsDC though.

laughing out loud They seriously did that? After just one teleport? Or were you being a cheap-ass and spamming it? stick out tongue
Kinda both stick out tongue, but it's not like the move can't be blocked. I just has good reaction timing at teleport uppercutting when they're trying to use projectiles.

I know ehh? I like what they've done with Cage as well. The cockiness is pretty cool. I just hope it doesn't become excessive and move into 'annoying' territory. facepalm
1 X-ray fatality per character is what I want now. The X-ray moves are skirt close to the fatality area anyway, but an X-Ray fatality would be even moar awesome. Seeing the acid from Reptile's mouth burn away everything inside them would be pretty sweet no? 313
Me too. Otherwise I might actually start liking Cage a lot less for once. mmm

Yes, that it would 131, as would an X-ray fatality involving Cage's Shadow Kick or one of his other shadow moves.

Bro SMASH
1. Since when do hissy fits from fans justify the bringing back of a character? If their reason for bringing back Liu Kang is due to a hissy fit from his fans, it's not a very smart move on their part. It also puts Liu Kang fans in a bad light, as it shows they are irrational.
His status as the Protagonist of the series also doesn't weigh in much with regards to his quick resurrection. I was pretty shocked when Shang Tsung and Quan Chi killed him, and I actually expected him to be brought back sometime after a few games had passed. Bringing him back so quickly was a dick move on their part.

1. Why should it matter how fast they bring him back? And why would he be gone for a long time anyway? As for the fans wanting him back, you can expect the same thing for almost any character that has a fanbase. It doesn't put them in a bad light, it just means the fans care about the character and the series. It's equivalent to killing Ryu and having him miss out on a few SF games but that's a bad move, because he's really important to SF games, just as Liu Kang is to MK. Liu Kang may not be the mascot of MK but he's an iconic MK character.

2. How is giving it to only a few characters gonna make it even more balance? If anything it makes it worse, as those characters will always have an advantage over the others. Such a feature would give all characters a chance. Also, there's more complaints about Superman and Flash.

Ridley_Prime
1. Why should it matter how fast they bring him back?
As mentioned earlier, if you kill someone off and then bring them back quickly, it lessens the impact. 'sides that, you can tell they brought Liu back just for the sake of it (or without much reason) when he became a killing zombie with chains.

I-Drop
1. Why should it matter how fast they bring him back? And why would he be gone for a long time anyway? As for the fans wanting him back, you can expect the same thing for almost any character that has a fanbase. It doesn't put them in a bad light, it just means the fans care about the character and the series. It's equivalent to killing Ryu and having him miss out on a few SF games but that's a bad move, because he's really important to SF games, just as Liu Kang is to MK. Liu Kang may not be the mascot of MK but he's an iconic MK character It's not equivalent to killing Ryu. Not even close. Capcom would NEVER kill Ryu. Ryu can never miss a SF. He's waaaaay to important. In comparison, killing off Liu Lame isn't really that big of a deal. Bringing him back that quick WAS silly. Had me like "what was the point of killing him off in the 1st place if they were just gonna bring him back in the next game in the stupidest way possible? Were they just trying to make me REALLY happy for just one game?".

Bro SMASH
As mentioned earlier, if you kill someone off and then bring them back quickly, it lessens the impact. 'sides that, you can tell they brought Liu back just for the sake of it (or without much reason) when he became a killing zombie with chains.

But his role wasn't all that important. I mean, it's not like he became the hero once again. Really, I was under the impression that you guys just don't want him to keep playing the hero but darn, you all sound like you want him completely out of the series.

Originally posted by I-Drop
It's not equivalent to killing Ryu. Not even close. Capcom would NEVER kill Ryu. Ryu can never miss a SF. He's waaaaay to important. In comparison, killing off Liu Lame isn't really that big of a deal. Bringing him back that quick WAS silly. Had me like "what was the point of killing him off in the 1st place if they were just gonna bring him back in the next game in the stupidest way possible? Were they just trying to make me REALLY happy for just one game?".

Liu Kang is pretty important too. When you have a character that's as important as him, having him miss one game is almost more than enough.

I-Drop
I'm just saying he's not Ryu-level important

Zack Fair
MORTAL KOMBAT!! I need to DL the MK movie

Ridley_Prime
But his role wasn't all that important. I mean, it's not like he became the hero once again. Really, I was under the impression that you guys just don't want him to keep playing the hero but darn, you all sound like you want him completely out of the series.
Oh, I'm all right with him being around but not playing the main hero, so as long as he stops making other characters look less important like Wolverine does with the X-Men.
gay_rage

Kazenji
Found this for story on wikipedia supposly from Ed Boon

Ridley_Prime
Yeah, I read something on the wiki about Raiden being defeated by Shao Khan either during or a little bit after Armageddon, and wondered what that was all about. Now it makes a bit more sense...

A character cybernetic who wasn't before? I can already see a cybernetic Subzero happening, since the Lin Kuei already tried to make him into one of those (like they did his friend Smoke) at one point.

Sin_Volvagia
Originally posted by Kazenji
Found this for story on wikipedia supposly from Ed Boon

Great! big grin Raiden is the new protagonist now! Down with Liu Lame!

Ridley_Prime
As long as he doesn't become that "dark" Raiden like in Deception & Armageddon, I'm fine with it I guess.

Bluesteel
Well now MK1 might make sense, since in the game you can choose him, but if we look at whats cannon he was always just the one watching the tournament, never acturlly participating, or am I wrong? Because I remember reading "I can no longer interfer" which is raidens quote in MK3 or something.

sjohn123
I have seen the trailer and it is really amazing. This game is looking stunning. i have two hopes for this game back to normal MK like armegeddon with full violence and fatalities that any character. I am eager to play this game.

Ridley_Prime
Originally posted by Bluesteel
Well now MK1 might make sense, since in the game you can choose him, but if we look at whats cannon he was always just the one watching the tournament, never acturlly participating, or am I wrong? Because I remember reading "I can no longer interfer" which is raidens quote in MK3 or something.
I believe it was stated somewhere before (forgot where) that Raiden took on a mortal form every time he participated in an MK tournament, since he was forbidden to otherwise because of his godly status.

Kazenji
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/news/news-5526-Mortal-Kombat-Reboot-To-Feature-26-Characters-and-DLC.html

Sin_Volvagia
Originally posted by Kazenji
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/news/news-5526-Mortal-Kombat-Reboot-To-Feature-26-Characters-and-DLC.html

I already posted something like that except I showed a select screen. Oh well, it's good to keep info like this bumped if nobody wants to look at other pages.

Anyway, that's a satisfying number for the roster. That's just one more character than UMK3 (including secret chars but minus bosses). Can't complain with that since that's enough space to put in all the popular characters.

Bluesteel
JAX JAX JAX!!! I can't wait to see his x-ray move, has to be devastating smile

Scythe
Why the hell are we hearing about DLC when the game hasn't even come out yet? Couldn't they add it to the game in the first place? Think I might rage at this.

Ridley_Prime
As I said a few pages back...

Thank you Capcom and company for setting such a fine example.

Scythe
I know, right?

Ridley_Prime
They pretty much ruined the whole concept of DLC, as it now basically allows a development team to make a half-assed game upon release, and rack in more dough off of what should have been in the game to begin with.

Scythe
Ungh, and it sucks to know that this sort of marketing technique will actually work and make them a bunch of dough.

Sin_Volvagia
At least we're getting 26 characters. That's still 1 more than UMK3's complete character list (minus bosses). Not bad for a reboot.

I-Drop
Not bad @all. They've put nothing but greats(and......Nightwolf) in this game so far & I think all the necessary people will be there fresh out of the box.

Bro SMASH
I don't know why but the idea of Mortal Kombat vs. Killer Instinct has been stuck in my head recently. Of course, I have thought about it before but I'm seriously thinking about it now. I guess I just miss the KI games and hope RARE bring them back (re-releasing the old games and make some new ones) because it's really a shame that a cool series like that never made it past the 90s.

Bro SMASH
For those that don't have the EGM article about this game:

http://img257.imageshack.us/img257/4809/page1np.jpg
http://img339.imageshack.us/img339/9622/page2vg.jpg
http://img413.imageshack.us/img413/4977/page3s.jpg
http://img808.imageshack.us/img808/5912/page4.jpg
http://img40.imageshack.us/img40/1475/page5xf.jpg
http://img39.imageshack.us/img39/3838/page6b.jpg
http://img6.imageshack.us/img6/3538/page7i.jpg
http://img101.imageshack.us/img101/6641/page8d.jpg
http://img291.imageshack.us/img291/4512/page9a.jpg
http://img685.imageshack.us/img685/8617/page10c.jpg