Final Fantasy VII vs. Final Fantasy XII

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Pyron_Knight
FFVII Gaia vs. Ivalice as of the time of FF12.

Both sides get al their forces - militaries, heroes, villains, etc..

Who wins?

wakkawakkawakka
Ummm....I guess the VII verse wins. The most powerful force in the XII were the Occuria who were responsible for creating the XII verse yet do absolutly nothing that shows that they're godly beings.

VII has Chaos and Sephiroth to back them up. One's the bane of human life and the other has unexplained powers due to his alien lineage.

SOLDIER would probably whop on the armies of Ivalice unless they make another shard of nethicite go nuclear. So for now the VII verse wins...however in XII defense the VA that they had were better than the ones in AC(except Vincent)

Pyron_Knight
AC had horrible voice-acting. FFXII was very well done. i was surprised.

Most of the actors in 12 are classically trained for plays and the like which fits considering the setting.

Sin_Volvagia
FF7 easily wins. They got the WEAPONS, bullet-timing and enhanced SOLDIER, the city-busting Sister Ray cannon, and Sephiroth. The only thing FFXII has over them are better airships.

Pyron_Knight
The WEAPONS are nothing. Tough they may be but their attack power is laughable..
Omega is the only exception to this.

SOLDIER are nice but not going to mean jack shit in comparison to a huge airship fleet.

And there's little any of them can do to the Occuria.

wakkawakkawakka
Originally posted by Pyron_Knight
The WEAPONS are nothing. Tough they may be but their attack power is laughable..

Well if the WEAPONS can be obliterated by Bahamut(FF Death Star) or be nuked by an unstable piece of nethicite, then I guess the XII verse wins that bout; I'm still unsure

SOLDIER are nice but not going to mean jack shit in comparison to a huge airship fleet.

Accompanied by the entire Shinra Infantry and....ugh...if you really wanted to count Deepground, then the frontal assault by the Ivalice side would face some trouble. Some cities in Ivalcie do have the barrier thing thought.

Honestly, this would be a huge stomp in the XII verse's favor if the Occuria actually did anything other than watch the inhabitants of the universe kill themselves over scraps of power.

Heythere,Honey
Omega WEAPON probably soloes.

Sin_Volvagia

Weapons are nothing? Even though they're known for destroying all life on? Even Emerald and Ruby? They're enough to be a serious threat. I'll admit that they lack anti-air properties.

As for the Occuria, one of them is killed along with Vayne after the final fight. Not even on the level of Chaos Vincent or Omega, let alone Sephiroth who is the top dog (though I would like to disbelieve that because there's no proof besides what the devs say).

Pyron_Knight
Venat let himself/itself die. Vayne was dying and Venat merged with him for a short period so they could die together.

And you'll notice the FMVs with Sapphire and Diamond WEAPON are distinctly underwhelming when it comes to their offensive power.
Fqt0c1TA7y8

That's pretty sad. Close-range charged beam does such pitiful damage.

wakkawakkawakka
Originally posted by Heythere,Honey
Omega WEAPON probably soloes.

The Occuria would probably just make more people...or another planet.

Heythere,Honey
Originally posted by wakkawakkawakka
Explain please. Never played 12. no expression

Sin_Volvagia

Right, and Sephiroth can move in faster-than-light speed and destroy planets effortlessly roll eyes (sarcastic)

Don't invent powers that haven't been proven.

wakkawakkawakka
Originally posted by Sin_Volvagia
Right, and Sephiroth can move in faster-than-light speed and destroy planets effortlessly roll eyes (sarcastic)

Don't invent powers that haven't been proven.

The Occuria are pretty much responcible for making the XII verse. Even though they do absoluty nothing to prove they're deities, they still influence the course of history for the majority of XII, and are virtually untouchable; although they are subject to death if they jump right into the world of man.

So knowning, that I just assumed they would make another Ivalive or create some godlike esper to keep the VII verse at bay.

The faster-than light feat I'll accept but when has Sephiroth destroyed a planet successfully?(Jenova probably did but...) I know he is capable of it via geostigma but he hasn't exactly done it. I still say the VII verse wins, however it isn't a complete stomp.

Sin_Volvagia
The Occuria are pretty much responcible for making the XII verse. Even though they do absoluty nothing to prove they're deities, they still influence the course of history for the majority of XII, and are virtually untouchable; although they are subject to death if they jump right into the world of man.

So knowning, that I just assumed they would make another Ivalive or create some godlike esper to keep the VII verse at bay.

The faster-than light feat I'll accept but when has Sephiroth destroyed a planet successfully?(Jenova probably did but...) I know he is capable of it via geostigma but he hasn't exactly done it. I still say the VII verse wins, however it isn't a complete stomp.

It was sarcasm though there's FF7 fanboys who claim Seph can do all that.

wakkawakkawakka
Oh! Didn't see that. Funny how despite all the potential power the Occuria have, I find it more likely for Sephiroth to cast meteor or Omega to leave the planet a dying husk before the Occuria do anything.

I_Cheat_U_LOSE
The Occuria can give the armies of Ivalice Nethicite (nukes) to unleash summons and Huge explosions on Gaia

The extent of the Occuria's power in Ivalice is fairly unknown besides being able to create Ivalice itself and granting people uber weapons. Occuria seem to be immune to "mortal" weapons and cannot die unless they fuse with mortals.

The pailings (forcefields) can be used by the cities of Ivalice (see end of FFXII before Bahamut crash landed) to withstand against aerial strikes from the armies of FFVII. A pailing fueled by nethicite could theoretically protect the cities from even Septhiroth's meteor. Thus forcing FFVII armies to invade by ground.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.