Reed Richards vs. Batman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Scarlet315
These geniuses both have prep. Who takes it?

Rage.Of.Olympus
Reed all day.

Reed would be to intelligence what the Hulk is to strength, the Flash is to speed etc. among mainstream earth heroes in my honest opinion.

beast1234
Batman is a much better then strategists Reed Richards he more cunning and sly.

Kid Kurdy
Originally posted by beast1234
No. Richards is just as good at scheming and planning as Batman.

Juk3n

Lol, just because being cunning is one of Batmans main traits, doesn't mean he's the best at it. This argument has been used before when trying to UP-PLAY Gambits Agility as something peak humans can't match. Just because it's one of his MAIN attributes , doesn't mean he's the best at it, It simply means it's one of his main attributes.

beast1234
Originally posted by Juk3n
Lol, just because being cunning is one of Batmans main traits, doesn't mean he's the best at it. This argument has been used before when trying to UP-PLAY Gambits Agility as something peak humans can't match. Just because it's one of his MAIN attributes , doesn't mean he's the best at it, It simply means it's one of his main attributes.

Batman has more experience when it comes to using cunning because he use it most of the time. Reed is more of a science guy he has expertise in all scientific field. Batman has expertise in various intellectual field not just science he is a mordern day renaissance man.
He is a skilled military strategist and taction, a higly skilled profiler(he knows all the weakness of the justice league) and much more.

lordxalba
Batman has more experience when it comes to using cunning because he use it most of the time. Reed is more of a science guy he has expertise in all scientific field. Batman has expertise in various intellectual field not just science he is a mordern day renaissance man.
He is a skilled military strategist and taction, a higly skilled profiler(he knows all the weakness of the justice league) and much more.

Nice.

Darth Martin
I'd give Batman the edge in strategy and tactics. Although, Reed is certainly no slouch in that department. Infact, he's very good. But Reed is smarter than Batman when it comes to this sort of thing. It's all he does.

Batman is a detective. Reed is the scientist.

Badabing
Batman.

mmm

Reed.

mhmm

They destroy each other.

BlackZero30x
Originally posted by Darth Martin

Batman is a detective. Reed is the scientist.

thumb up my sentiments exactly!!!

while Bruce has some knowledge of science it's not on reed's level

soo reed ftw.....then later Batkick to reed because bruce takes his loss personal.

Mshinu
Reed got his anti-bat gun in the closet next to the anti-celestial one.

Black bolt z
Batman is better at strategy but going against reed in prep is second only to going against doom in prep.

Bouboumaster
Batman would quickly find himself in the negative zone.

Black bolt z
Originally posted by Bouboumaster
Batman would quickly find himself in the negative zone. Reed would find a leg in his face...it will absorb all the cosmic rays in him.

Darth Martin
Originally posted by BlackZero30x
while Bruce has some knowledge of science it's not on reed's level

soo reed ftw.....then later Batkick to reed because bruce takes his loss personal. Actually, Batman is great inventor and scientist. Reed is just that guy when it comes to science, just as Batman is that guy when it comes to Detective work.

Batman, may infact, be smarter than Reed as he is great in a broad varitety of areas such as criminology, forensics, science, engineering, martial arts, tactics, psychology, physical training, fear, stealth, escapology, etc.

But prep generally means who can build the best "wtf" device that can nuke the other person off the planet. Between the two, it's Reed.

Now, if this were Batman vs. Iron Man.......

snoopdogg
Overall Batman is more talented than Reed is with all things considered.

Darth Martin
Telented in what area?

beast1234
Actually, Batman is great inventor and scientist. Reed is just that guy when it comes to science, just as Batman is that guy when it comes to Detective work.

Batman, may infact, be smarter than Reed as he is great in a broad varitety of areas such as criminology, forensics, science, engineering, martial arts, tactics, psychology, physical training, fear, stealth, escapology, etc.

But prep generally means who can build the best "wtf" device that can nuke the other person off the planet. Between the two, it's Reed.

I think Batman can be a skilled inventor has Reed Richards but he invest most of intelligence deducting and solving and crimes. Reed has a more vested interest in creating a revolutionary invention that will benefit all mankind that why he always invent things Batman on the other hand has intrest in solving crimes. They use they intellect for different things.

Bouboumaster
I can't believe dudes can vote for Batman.

In his closet, Reed have a Celestial Gun. A Gun that can kill Celestials.
And he's a great tactician too. But just insanely more dangerous and more ressourcful that Batman.

Badabing
Originally posted by Black bolt z
Reed would find a leg in his face...it will absorb all the cosmic rays in him. laughing out loud

BlackZero30x
Actually, Batman is great inventor and scientist. Reed is just that guy when it comes to science, just as Batman is that guy when it comes to Detective work.

lol i don't see whats so different about that compared to my post.....

except as you said Batman knows a lot about all of these things that reed may not....that does not necessarily mean batmans smarter it.....means he's spent his life learning in all these areas where as reed spent his life learning different aspects....in a prep fight against reed i don't put a lot, if anyone up there with him.......

EDIT: maybe forge but thats because his power is prep pretty much.

Darth Martin
Forge isn't going to outprep any of the heavy hitters such as Reed, Batman, Iron Man, or Panther.

BlackZero30x
Forge isn't going to outprep any of the heavy hitters such as Reed, Batman, Iron Man, or Panther.

and why not exactly? he can make anything he can imagine.......even things that those you listed would have no idea how to make.

tkitna
The scale of the ass beating that Batman would recieve in this scenerio would be legendary in both universes.

Rage.Of.Olympus
and why not exactly? he can make anything he can imagine.......even things that those you listed would have no idea how to make.

I'm pretty sure that the idea Forge can make anything he wants is an internet myth.

From what I've seen, I'd say his around Pym level but due to powers and not intelligence.

Lord_Talron
intuitively intelligent does not = make anything, hes just really really really good at understanding and comprehending stuff.

Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
I'm pretty sure that the idea Forge can make anything he wants is an internet myth.

From what I've seen, I'd say his around Pym level but due to powers and not intelligence. Forge's power is the intuitive capacity to solve any technological dillemma - his superpower is indeed a form of superintelligence or supercreativity. In theory he can come up with anything with enough resources and time.

By feats, the tech he has built and used put him in the prep heavy weight class. I think he's above BP, batman and maybe IM as a technologist.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by 753
Forge's power is the intuitive capacity to solve any technological dillemma - his superpower is indeed a form of superintelligence or supercreativity. In theory he can come up with anything with enough resources and time.

By feats, the tech he has built and used put him in the prep heavy weight class. I think he's above BP, batman and maybe IM as a technologist.

I know what Forge's power has been described as and what his power set is.

He has is the power to create on a level that rivals, but does not exceed the top geniuses despite him not being a genius himself like I've seen people claim.

Did I argue that his not in the heavy weight class of prep? I said his around Hank Pym level from what I've seen which is the same class I'd put Stark in.

If I recall, not too long ago, he was having trouble creating a time machine after his notes/already created devices were stolen although I believe he had brain damage at the time. Not sure.

He has is the power to create on a level that rivals, but does not exceed the top geniuses despite him not being a genius himself like I've seen people claim.

Did I argue that his not in the heavy weight class of prep? I said his around Hank Pym level from what I've seen which is the same class I'd put Stark in.

If I recall, not too long ago, he was having trouble creating a time machine after his notes/already created devices were stolen although I believe he had brain damage at the time. Not sure.

I don't understand why you claim he isn't a genius. Superstrong mutants are still strong despite the fact their strengh is a superpower and not the same kind of strengh a trained peak human might acquire.

I was adressing the general posts of this thread with that second paragraph.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by 753
I don't understand why you claim he isn't a genius. Superstrong mutants are still strong despite the fact their strengh is a superpower and not the same kind of strengh a trained peak human might acquire.

I was adressing the general posts of this thread with that second paragraph.

Oh, that was what your addressing. I was a bit confused what your first paragraph was meant to indicate.

He is highly intelligent -not debating that- but his intelligence isn't what allows him to compete with the heavy weights. It's his mutant power that allows him to know know and understand the basic potential and how a machine or technological device operates that allows him to do so. I recall it being explained by the fact that he is able to perceive, a type of energy (Mechanical energy?) or something similar. Give him the parts and tools, and he can built it. I.e. he can put shit together, but he doesn't necessarily invent components or devices. If that makes sense.

At least that's how I recall understanding his ability back when I read his appearances in the X-men.

BlackZero30x

From what I've seen, I'd say his around Pym level but due to powers and not intelligence.

lol that's how i have always understood his power....but if it's not true then im withdrawing my earlier statement about him maybe being up their with reed.

Darth Martin
and why not exactly? he can make anything he can imagine.......even things that those you listed would have no idea how to make. In a way, you've got it backwards. Forge can create something that one of those could but he would have no idea(or limited) on how he did it. So, he creates a device but if you were to ask him to explain it to you in detail how he did it he probably wouldn't be able to do it as he wouldn't completely understand it himself. Those guys I mentioned are all smarter.

Rage.Of.Olympus
That's kind of what I was thinking to an extent.

His powers enable him to be in the higher end class and not his actual intelligence.

lol that's how i have always understood his power....but if it's not true then im withdrawing my earlier statement about him maybe being up their with reed.

I don't think his on par with Reed but his definitely up there in terms of being able to build and engineer devices and tools. Probably Pym/Stark class. At least he should be in my opinion.

BlackZero30x
In a way, you've got it backwards. Forge can create something that one of those could but he would have no idea(or limited) on how he did it. So, he creates a device but if you were to ask him to explain it to you in detail how he did it he probably wouldn't be able to do it as he wouldn't understand it completely himself. Those guys I mentioned are all smarter.

indeed and that has never been the base of my argument....i agree they are all a billion times smarter but my argument was that if he needed a device to oooo idk let say turn them all into dead pony's then he could do just that.....weather he remembers how or not i moot the fact is he built it.

but apparently his power does not work like i thought it does so nvm lol

Rage.Of.Olympus
Well, I'm not exactly an expert on Forge. I basing my opinion on what I've read but it's not like I've read every Forge appearance or anything.

We have to have a Forge fanboy here somewhere on KMC don't we?

Just to be clear, how do you think (Or thought) his powers work as I'm not entirely clear on your opinion?

BlackZero30x
lol me either....all i know is that's what interpreted his power as and which is why i felt him and reed would be the ultimate team lol but i mean maybe someone here could enlighten me.....

maybe bada....he always struck me as a fanboy smile laughing out loud

EDIT: well pretty much i thought that whatever he could dream up he could build it and make it work like he needed/wanted

Rage.Of.Olympus
Bada's loins burn for the color green. It's why he hates me and the God I champion so much.

Well, I know that isn't the case. He isn't the Beyonder with prep time. That is an internet myth in my opinion. I know I've seen him struggle with building things at least at one point. And there was the time machine instance I referred to.

Bentley
Panther would kill Forge on a prep war. Pym would likely beat him too. IM might struggle more than the others.

Scarlet315
Forge is like McGuyver on ritalin..."Forge wore synthetic stretch fabric backed by micro-thin bulletproof Kevlar and thermal insulation while a member of the X-Men. He sometimes employs devices of his own invention. Most notable among these was his Neutralizer gun that could suppress superhuman mutant abilities."-Wikipedia

Mindset

If I recall, not too long ago, he was having trouble creating a time machine after his notes/already created devices were stolen although I believe he had brain damage at the time. Not sure. Iirc he just had a time traveling device lying around which Bishop stole.

Originally posted by Mindset
Iirc he just had a time traveling device lying around which Bishop stole. He had all kinds of time travelling related crap and he monitored alterante dimenions from his lab looking for mutants.

basilisk
Here, Batman had a run-in with a high tech band of criminals known as the Blackout Gang who use pitch darkness and night vision to commit thefts. They got away from Bats once, but now that he knows their MO, Batman goes after them again. All-out prep war follows:

http://i964.photobucket.com/albums/ae129/bbsimg/bat/BF0154.jpg
http://i964.photobucket.com/albums/ae129/bbsimg/bat/BF0155.jpg
http://i964.photobucket.com/albums/ae129/bbsimg/bat/BF0156.jpg

And that, my friends, is the god damned Batman!

Joker793
Richards!!!!!!!!!! by his PIS aura

Mindset
Originally posted by 753
He had all kinds of time travelling related crap and he monitored alterante dimenions from his lab looking for mutants. Yea, that's what I remember.

Idk what Rage was talking about.

Mindset
Originally posted by basilisk
Here, Batman had a run-in with a high tech band of criminals known as the Blackout Gang who use pitch darkness and night vision to commit thefts. They got away from Bats once, but now that he knows their MO, Batman goes after them again. All-out prep war follows:

And that, my friends, is the god damned Batman! Yea, I think Reed might have something more advanced than ping pong balls...

Originally posted by basilisk

And that, my friends, is the god damned Batman! WOW the bat is amazing! those guys had night vision goggles!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.