Star Wars

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

RichardBrittain
I'm a fan of the original 3 (Episodes IV, V, and VI), but I have to say that I really do hate the modern 3 (Episodes I, II, III).

They are just so wildly different, it's hard to believe that they are made by the same people (well, I guess they're not; George Lucas had much less directorial input in the first 3 whereas he was sole director on the recent 3).

The reason I hate the modern 3 movies is as follows: Way too much computer graphics makes many scenes look hugely unrealistic. Scripts are incoherent and the plots are poorly defined. Many of the actors are mediocre. And above all, the films just don't have the magic, warmth and personality of the original Star Wars trilogy.

Just wanted to say that. I'm sure someone will have a wildly different opinion to me!

Nephthys
I suggest this, RedletterMedia: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FxKtZmQgxrI He's done Phantom Menace (lol at the bit in part 1 where he's mentioning the lead getting the girl showing Charlie and Willie Wonka hugging) and Attack of the Clones and is starting on Ep3.

I seriously agree with the woman in the AOTC review, everythings too clean. It just doesn't look real and doesn't have the feeling of a real world. Also nonsensical plot, bland characters and bad acting.

edit: Aslo, who the f*** was these movies made for? Children? No, theres some seriously effed up shit in these movies and theres too much oring politics ect. Adults? No, theres shit like Jar Jar and its all dumbed down. So what?

queeq
Err.... there is a whole forum on these boards about Star Wars... maybe you should go there.

ADarksideJedi
I am a huge star wars fans so the new ones are ok but nothing compares to the older ones.I did however see all three new ones at the movies only because I am a fan but I do argee with what you are saying.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by queeq
Err.... there is a whole forum on these boards about Star Wars... maybe you should go there.

BruceSkywalker
i have no idea what star wars is

The Nuul
Whats Star Wars?

Nephthys
It has Leonard Nimoy in it. Duh. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Nephthys
http://www.rabittooth.com/1024x768StarWarsWallpapers2/SpockWallpaper.jpg

Impediment
Please use the Star Wars forums to discuss this franchise.

I realize that this is, in fact, the Movie Discussion Forum, but this entire site started as a Star Wars forum, and evolved from such.

The appropriate place is in the Star Wars Forums.

Closed.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.