Wouldnt it makes more........

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

dev10n
wouldnt make more sense if god and the devil were the same entity

inimalist
why do you suggest that?

dev10n
its the most proficient way of balancing what people see a good or evil

Mindship
Originally posted by dev10n
wouldnt make more sense if god and the devil were the same entity From what I've read in this forum, there are many people who can't grasp how God, Jesus and the Holy Spirit are the same entity.

God and the Devil being the same will trigger concept seizures.

inimalist

but why can't those concepts be represented by different beings, why does it make more sense that they would be the same?

dev10n
its the most proficient way of balancing what people see as good or evil

inimalist
but what is more logical about something being both instead of having polar oposites?

just quoting yourself on this matter presents a tautology

also: http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/proficient

lil bitchiness
Originally posted by Mindship
From what I've read in this forum, there are many people who can't grasp how God, Jesus and the Holy Spirit are the same entity.

God and the Devil being the same will trigger concept seizures.

lol concept seizure

dev10n
Originally posted by inimalist
but what is more logical about something being both instead of having polar oposites?

just quoting yourself on this matter presents a tautology

also: http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/proficient lol why are you searching up words.........

to accomplish the balancing of good vs evil

good can come from bad and vice versa

dev10n
but i mean efficient

Symmetric Chaos

1) I'm pretty sure you don't know what the word "proficient" means.
2) Why is it the most "proficient" way?

dev10n
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
1) I'm pretty sure you don't know what the word "proficient" means.
2) Why is it the most "proficient" way? why are you insulting i said i meant efficient simple mistake rather than ask a question after my thread post asks a question enlighten me on why they wouldnt be the same

Symmetric Chaos
why are you insulting i said i meant efficient simple mistake rather than ask a question after my thread post asks a question enlighten me on why they wouldnt be the same

I did ask a question.

You haven't given any reasoning for having good and evil be represented by a single entity except to claim that it's more efficient.

You are putting forward an idea, it's your job to back it up with some sort of argument. You haven't done that yet.

inimalist
lol why are you searching up words.........

but i mean efficient

something being efficent doesn't mean that it makes more sense though.

I would be much more efficent if I could sleep while I was awake, but that doesn't make sense.

to accomplish the balancing of good vs evil

but why would this balance need to take place

good can come from bad and vice versa

are you trying to say that good and evil can't be separated and therefore God should have both the perfect evil and good side?

Wild Shadow
some religions already have that concept and others entertain the idea like certain agnostic christians who think the old testament god is the devil and immanuel and the new testament god is the new cool god..

either way Zoroastrianism accept this style of belief iirc that the devil is just god's shadow and serves a purpose and must exist since one can not have light without the darkness

dev10n
Originally posted by Wild Shadow
some religions already have that concept and others entertain the idea like certain agnostic christians who think the old testament god is the devil and immanuel and the new testament god is the new cool god..

either way Zoroastrianism accept this style of belief iirc that the devil is just god's shadow and serves a purpose and must exist since one can not have light without the darkness Thank You Thank You Thank You i asked a question and got an answer and not a question i wish more people were like this

Wild Shadow
well i did go to college and study theology, religions of the world and world cultures.. smart shifty embarrasment

Mindship
Thank You Thank You Thank You i asked a question and got an answer and not a question i wish more people were like this KMC has its moments. wink

If you approach any of the major faiths from their mystical angle, you'll find that God is often regarded as the infinite, ineffable ground of all being/nonbeing. By implication, good and evil are different facets of the same entity.

Digi
I suppose it's not the biggest stretch imaginable. As Mindship mentioned briefly, many religions describe God in terms of opposites, because they say the true nature of God cannot be fathomed, and other such high-minded concepts. An illogical pairing is thus the most accurate way humans can think about the divine and omnipresent, because it vexes our understanding in an analogous way.

That said, I don't think that's where the thread starter was going with his/her opening line of thought. So as a response: religion would make more sense if a LOT of things were different. But, as others have said, something being more efficient doesn't make it more logical or plausible.

lil bitchiness
To be honest, if something such as God exists, than I doubt we would be able to comprehend it. Maybe it would be as difficult as the concept of infinity or the concept of nothingness. And by comprehend, I mean truly understand.

Sith Master X
I think that's a good point actually. And I think most people fall victim to the fact that their perception of god is that of a human being, and if anything, he is all but human.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.