Vuvuzelas! Ban them or not.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Bicnarok

Deano
they dont bother me now

T.M
No.

They are no worse than when people bang on drums all through games.

Bicnarok
Originally posted by Deano
they dont bother me now

Gone deaf then have yousmile

I just turn the sound down so its ok, I miss the crowd reaction to fouls, goals and nearly goals though.

Bardock42
http://www.popsci.com/diy/article/2010-06/simple-software-can-filter-out-vuvuzela-whine

Deano
if you pay attention to the football, your brain doesn't take much notice of the noise. For me anyway

That ACDC Chick
if it doesnt impeed the players performance, people should just STFU awesrug

§P0oONY
Originally posted by Deano
if you pay attention to the football, your brain doesn't take much notice of the noise. For me anyway Agreed.

batdude123
I can't stand the f*ckin things, tbh.

WickedDynamite
Who or WHAT is a Vuvuzelas? Sounds like some tropical plant.

§P0oONY
Originally posted by WickedDynamite
Who or WHAT is a Vuvuzelas? Sounds like some tropical plant. Google is a marvellous thing.

Or you know... you could also be slightly aware of the world's biggest sporting event. stick out tongue

WickedDynamite

Liberator
No you can't ban them. You have to respect other peoples culture even if it is damned annoying. Besides, when was the last time South Africa even made it to a World Cup, nevermind being allowed to play.

If it bothers you that much turn your tele down. Besides most of us probably watch the matches with friends or at pubs so I doubt the horn banter can be any worse than the banter that is surrounding you physically.

They'll go away eventually, I think every country is going to want to try them at least once. Should be interesting though on PK's, a new tactic do you think used by the crowd to distract the players?

Bardock42
I agree that they shouldn't be banned. Now perhaps the TV Stations could filter them out for their broadcasts though.

botankus
How many of you would blow them if you were there?

forumcrew
Originally posted by botankus

I would want someone to hit me over the head with one, if I had to be there.

Deano
Originally posted by botankus

i wouldn't blow them at all. If i paid all that money to watch a game then i would be concentrating on that game and enjoying the football being played. What i wouldn't be doing is putting all my effort in blowing a stupid horn.

If someone was blowing the demon horn by me i would kindly tell them to quit while they're ahead or risk having it shoved up there arse.

ChocolateCake
They don't bother me and they are tradition.

Bardock42
http://www.popsci.com/technology/article/2010-06/broadcaster-now-blocking-vuvuzela-blare-closer-source

Slay
As Deano said, you hardly notice when you focus on the match. I happen to know that the Belgian sports channel has filtered out the vuvuzela noise, don't know why they haven't done that in other countries as it seems to bother a lot of people. There have been a lot of complaints from players as well though, so it might be wise of the FIFA to ban them. I can imagine how annoying it is not being able to communicate with your teammates, especially when the world cup is at stake. After all the WC is still about the football and not about South-Africa showcasing their culture.

Smasandian
Spectators are part of the game and a component of home field advantage.

If a team complains they lost because of the sound, then there is no way they would of won anyways.

Slay
Originally posted by Smasandian
Spectators are part of the game and a component of home field advantage.

If a team complains they lost because of the sound, then there is no way they would of won anyways.
I really don't think anybody will actually blame the vuvuzela's for a loss, it's just that it can disturb communication for both parties. About the home field advantage, they use the vuvuzela at every match not just S.Africa's. I'm sure any other team at the tournament could do without the vuvuzela's.

Jovan
Originally posted by Slay
it's just that it can disturb communication for both parties.
Robin Van Persie stated he didn't hear the referee when going through while being on offside.
If this annoyance results into receiving cards, it should be banned because it is hindering the game.
For now they should switch the background sounds off, without any doubt.
Vuvuzelas do NOT create any ambiance. It is the same musquito zooming about on the same tone for 90 minutes. That's not atmosphere.

I was watching The Netherland's first game on and off. If I didn't check at the moment they scored, I wouldn't have known. The vuvuzelas do NOT go any louder or softer when a good action is shown or when someone scores (only if it is against South Africa so I hope they lose their last game in a humiliation fashion). The commentator for that game dislikes The Netherlands so he too talked very monotonuously which ment there was absolutely no animo ON the field (vuvuzelas being the same tone all the time) and OFF the field (commentator displaying no emotions).

When "non-African" (broad generalisation) supporters are "at work" they sing and dance and at least cheer loudly for a good action or a goal. Nothing monotone about that!
They interviewed one of the two "inventors" of that thing and he said that we should respect their way of celebrating and that they (in return) do not ask that we stop dancing and singing... at least that dancing and singing barely lasts the full 90 minutes and at least goes easier on the ears!
It surprises me African football fans aren't deaf.

Smasandian
Originally posted by Slay
I really don't think anybody will actually blame the vuvuzela's for a loss, it's just that it can disturb communication for both parties. About the home field advantage, they use the vuvuzela at every match not just S.Africa's. I'm sure any other team at the tournament could do without the vuvuzela's.

I know.

I just think that a team can get past the horns and still play as well. It happens in every sport.

Mindset
I've gotten used to it now.

GCG

Demonic Phoenix
They are annoying at first (sounding like a constant lower-pitched hum from a colony of Bees), but you get used to them eventually.

We already have people chanting, and using drums, so meh.

RogerRamjet
banishment is for fagz!

WickedDynamite
7B2LPxggvqY&feature=popt00us07

The Nuul
Yeah, the bee sound is annoying but I tune them out.

Bicnarok
Originally posted by WickedDynamite
7B2LPxggvqY&feature=popt00us07

laughing

Hatchet
They don't really bother me.

AsbestosFlaygon
Might as well ban drums, and even crowd cheering/shouting and clapping as well.

How about holding the World Cup in Korean Republic next?
That seems logical for you.

Bicnarok

Scythe
I don't mind them at all, they give atmosphere to the games that I'm not used to.

However, today at Starbucks, I heard a man say to someone else: "You know what I think? They should ban goddamn vuvuzelas because they sound like Venezuela"

Y-yeah? I laughed. Hard.

The Nuul
Well, Dana just banned them in the UFC.

Mairuzu
I had no idea what the sound was during the first few games of stage 1.

I kinda like it.

Robtard
Originally posted by The Nuul
Well, Dana just banned them in the UFC.

Smart man, fighters need to be able to hear their corner.

Did you know that bald **** is worth well over 200 million? He owns 10% of the UFC, which is worth something over 2 billion.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.