The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Mandrag Ganon
The trailer was just launched at E3...

http://e3.g4tv.com/videos/46484/E3-2010-Legend-of-Zelda-Skyward-Sword-Gameplay-Trailer/

RE: Blaxican
Meh.

Metroid please.

S_D_J
Originally posted by RE: Blaxican
Meh.

Metroid please.

thumb up

funny how they have problems trying to play the game on the show.
That made my day

Mandrag Ganon
Hopefully everything will work together nicely for it... It looks like it will hopefully be great when released.

Mandrag Ganon
http://kotaku.com/5564197/the-legend-of-zelda-skyward-sword-video-preview-starring-me?skyline=true&s=i

Ushgarak
Hmm. Does look a bit underwhelming right now.

ScreamPaste
Looks like it's unfinished. stick out tongue They've still worked a lot of neat stuff into it, and it appears some of the rumours are true. There might be flight, for example.

MooCowofJustice
I'm impressed. A lot of new elements in the gameplay. I also believe I spied a sprinting feature. Finally.

CosmicComet
Originally posted by ScreamPaste
Looks like it's unfinished. stick out tongue They've still worked a lot of neat stuff into it, and it appears some of the rumours are true. There might be flight, for example.

What rumors?

Smasandian
I'll buy it because I do like Zelda games.

But I'll be surprised if it strays to far from the Zelda formula.

Ushgarak
Oh, for sure I'll buy it. I was just hoping for a trailer that would amaze me. And it is indeed time for Zelda to try something new- say what you like about Metroid, but they are certainly tinkering.

Sin_Volvagia
At least it's not cel-shaded. But I won't care much about it until I see reviews. Only 1st party Nintendo franchise I care about now is Metroid.

I liked the scorpion boss, though.

Mandrag Ganon
Originally posted by Sin_Volvagia
At least it's not cel-shaded. But I won't care much about it until I see reviews. Only 1st party Nintendo franchise I care about now is Metroid.

I liked the scorpion boss, though.

I like the graphical appearance, I am really looking forward to this. big grin

Smasandian
Originally posted by Ushgarak
Oh, for sure I'll buy it. I was just hoping for a trailer that would amaze me. And it is indeed time for Zelda to try something new- say what you like about Metroid, but they are certainly tinkering.

They are certainly doing that.

First_Tsurugi06
This is is so far one of three places out of six different place that don't involve fans bitching about the graphical change like SoT fanboys on PoP '08. Sure it looks a bit campy, but the combo gives it better textures than TP and better-rendered character models than WW. Graphics have become the last thing I give a floater for unless they're either game-disabling or are just remarkably bad or unimpressive on a technical level (ie, Prototype).

Although I must say that I wonder if they'll work on giving Link different animations; it's beyond obvious that they're the exact same ones as TP Link's animations (not counting the remarkable similarity in appearance, but then again, let's not forget how many Toon Links there are).

I also kinda wished they showed the demo in a better way than just a square in the corner of the screen, but whatever...

Frankly, a part of me had been hoping from the very start that they'd delay the game's release regardless of how the game was gonna be, so I'm not surprised, nor particularly disappointed that they did. In the end you can only gain so much from a demo that doubles as an unveiling of a game that's built to be one of the console's flagship games. As for that technical interference midway through the demo, I think it's best to wait for the gaming sites to give their word on the demo lest we assume it's to be a consistent issue among the vast majority of copies.

Oh, and sprinting ftmfw

Mandrag Ganon
Originally posted by First_Tsurugi06
This is is so far one of three places out of six different place that don't involve fans bitching about the graphical change like SoT fanboys on PoP '08. Sure it looks a bit campy, but the combo gives it better textures than TP and better-rendered character models than WW. Graphics have become the last thing I give a floater for unless they're either game-disabling or are just remarkably bad or unimpressive on a technical level (ie, Prototype).

Although I must say that I wonder if they'll work on giving Link different animations; it's beyond obvious that they're the exact same ones as TP Link's animations (not counting the remarkable similarity in appearance, but then again, let's not forget how many Toon Links there are).

I also kinda wished they showed the demo in a better way than just a square in the corner of the screen, but whatever...

Frankly, a part of me had been hoping from the very start that they'd delay the game's release regardless of how the game was gonna be, so I'm not surprised, nor particularly disappointed that they did. In the end you can only gain so much from a demo that doubles as an unveiling of a game that's built to be one of the console's flagship games. As for that technical interference midway through the demo, I think it's best to wait for the gaming sites to give their word on the demo lest we assume it's to be a consistent issue among the vast majority of copies.

Oh, and sprinting ftmfw

Agreed. yes

Impediment
Very underwhelming.

I do hope that future trailers offer more than this. I expect that they will. After all, it is just a teaser.

Also, is anyone else wondering why in the hell is Link still using the damn slingshot?

Mandrag Ganon
Originally posted by Impediment
Very underwhelming.

I do hope that future trailers offer more than this. I expect that they will. After all, it is just a teaser.

Also, is anyone else wondering why in the hell is Link still using the damn slingshot?

Maybe he just likes slingshots.

The Scenario
I'm more excited by the sword beam at any time than anything else. I always hated needing full health. Anyway, I think it looks good so far.

NemeBro
At least it's not cel-shaded. Yes it is. Combines the realism of TP with the cel-shading of WW.

Mandrag Ganon
Originally posted by NemeBro
Yes it is. Combines the realism of TP with the cel-shading of WW.

I think he was thinking of the highly cartoonish cel-shading of Wind Waker.

http://blogs.gamefilia.com/files/imce/u491524/ZeldaWindWaker7-cf596.jpg

vs.

http://www.thetanooki.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/RVL_ZeldaSS_01ss01_E3-640x359.png

There is something about this new graphical appearance that I like.

Hmm... looks like they are cutting out the magic bar again... sad

I like the concept art for it...

http://wiimedia.ign.com/wii/image/article/109/1097928/the-legend-of-zelda-skyward-sword-20100615103801204_640w.jpg

I'm thinking Ganondorf may be back for this round, with such emphasis on the Master Sword in this game... which could be good or bad...

I kinda get the feeling that he may have the Master Sword from early on this time around also... maybe even the beginning.

The Scenario
The sword does resemble the Master Sword from what I'm seeing. A lot of the rumors said it would be some new sword that would gain powers as you progressed. Looks to be BS now, but I'm hopeful for a Master Sword power up.

Edit: Actually, with the new focus on the sword, it seems more likely.

MooCowofJustice
I'm enjoying the new art style too.

NemeBro
Indeed, looks pretty cool.

Peach
I also like the art style; it reminds me of PoP08 - stylized and cel-shaded, but still realistic.

Other than that, though, I'm going to have to agree with those who say it appears very underwhelming thus far. And Zelda is the only thing the Wii has that holds any interest for me at this point.

ScreamPaste
Originally posted by The Scenario
The sword does resemble the Master Sword from what I'm seeing. A lot of the rumors said it would be some new sword that would gain powers as you progressed. Looks to be BS now, but I'm hopeful for a Master Sword power up.

Edit: Actually, with the new focus on the sword, it seems more likely. I think actually, since this was mroe a demo the sword may still change, though seeign Ganon again would be amazing, so meh. I still pray for OoT Link.

Originally posted by Peach
I also like the art style; it reminds me of PoP08 - stylized and cel-shaded, but still realistic.

Other than that, though, I'm going to have to agree with those who say it appears very underwhelming thus far. And Zelda is the only thing the Wii has that holds any interest for me at this point.

It looks very far from finished, I'm personally glad we got to say gameplay instead of just some flashy video animation. Nintendo had the balls to go straight to showing us new things in the gameplay itself rather than just some neat CGI video.

Darth Jello
I'm not too thrilled about the right handed Link and hope the rumors of having his sprite and controls being fully reversible are true. The art looks a little bright and cartoonish and I prefer the dark and moody look of Twilight Princess.

Story-wise, I hope Ganon ISN'T in it and that it's a prequel showing the origins of the Master Sword (possibly hinted in the poster) and featuring the interlopers that would become the Twili as the villains. Great way for Nintendo to shoehorn Midna or one of her ancestors into the game.

NemeBro
If Ganondorf is not in, might not buy.

no expression

Srsly.

I don't get the whole "underwhelming" complaint, the teaser was all of forty seconds long, and is far from complete gameplay.

The Scenario
Probably has more to do with the "technical difficulties" they had.

I was more referring to the concept art that Mandrag posted, which heavily resembles the MS. Though, I guess it's still just concept art.

§P0oONY
It's a Zelda game... It'll work well and it will be a good game... They always are.

I can't say I've ever played a bad Zelda game (minus the Panasonic CD-I ones)... Even Zelda 2 was enjoyable.

People just bum OoT and will instantly criticise any Zelda game to follow.

§P0oONY

Edit: Actually, with the new focus on the sword, it seems more likely. The master sword doesn't have to start fully powered.... See LTTP... or WW....and probably more that I can't think of instantly.

The Scenario

First_Tsurugi06
Maybe they'll give it the Metroid/God of War treatment and take its full powers away at the end of the opening act.

The Scenario
http://e3.nintendo.com/wii/game/?g=zelda

So, I found this. It's an interview about Skyward Sword that I found pretty interesting. Epecially around the 10 minute mark.

Impediment
As long as this installment is a reboot from the OoT formula, then I am happy.

Heythere,Honey
New graphics add a "happy" feel to it IMO. MS is in it, Ganon will probably be in it too. Excited most for the sword beams. smile

Smasandian
Originally posted by Mandrag Ganon
I think he was thinking of the highly cartoonish cel-shading of Wind Waker.

There is something about this new graphical appearance that I like.

Hmm... looks like they are cutting out the magic bar again... sad

I like the concept art for it...

http://wiimedia.ign.com/wii/image/article/109/1097928/the-legend-of-zelda-skyward-sword-20100615103801204_640w.jpg

I'm thinking Ganondorf may be back for this round, with such emphasis on the Master Sword in this game... which could be good or bad...

I kinda get the feeling that he may have the Master Sword from early on this time around also... maybe even the beginning.

Isn't Ganondorf in all the Zelda games?

And the OoT forumla? Isn't that all Zelda games also?

Mandrag Ganon

Edit: Actually, with the new focus on the sword, it seems more likely.

I don't know, man. The last thing I want is another sword that looks like the Master Sword, but isn't.

I mean, the Phantom Sword
http://zelda.neoseeker.com/w/i/zelda/c/ca/Phantom_Sword.gif
and the Lokomo Sword
http://mycheats.1up.com/view/imageraw/72220/lokomo_sword.png
both strongly resemble the Master Sword, and this one looks pretty dead-on like the Master Sword. If this one doesn't turn out to be the Master Sword, and they don't change it's appearance, then I will be a little upset.

However, that said, it is possible that it could be the "Skyward Sword" hence the title of the game, and if that's the case, then the villain most likely will not be Ganondorf (which would be a refreshing change, since the only console title not to feature Ganon is Majora's Mask... and, though he didn't appear in Zelda II, the quest was to stop his return.)

But, I still think it is the Master Sword... It just looks too much like it not to be.

General Kaliero
An interview with Miyamoto confirmed that the Skyward Sword does eventually become the Master Sword.

Peach
Originally posted by Smasandian

And the OoT forumla? Isn't that all Zelda games also?

Nope and nope.

LLLLLink
Miyamoto also said that this was an "easier to play" Zelda game. That gives me the impression that perhaps the chosen audience was younger. Maybe not, though.

Mandrag Ganon
I am beginning to think he was talking about the control scheme, because if you watched the demo at E3, it didn't look a huge amount easier. Precise slashes to kill Deku Babas, same with the giant scorpion, appparently.

I just want to see what they are going to do with the dungeons.

No. The name GanonDORF is never even so much as mentioned until A Link to the Past (when the thief next to the desert refers to Ganon as Ganondorf) and the Gerudo form known as Ganondorf doesn't appear until Ocarina of time. Neither Ganon nor Ganondorf are so much as mentioned in Majora's Mask. Not to mention the handheld games in which Ganon makes an appearance in only in the linked version of Oracle of Seasons and Ages. In Link's Awakening, the nightmare takes the form of Ganon, in Minish Cap and Four Swords the villian is Vatti, the villian in Phantom Hourglass is Bellum, and in Spirit Tracks it is Malladus.

Majora's Mask and Adventure of Link, however are the only two console games that Ganon doesn't make an appearance in (however in Adventure of Link, one of the main points of Link's quest is to stop the resurection of Ganon).

Smasandian
I just know that I get a extreme case of deja vu when I play Zelda games.

ScreamPaste
Am excited, hope it is Hero of Time.

Phanteros
Am excited, hope it is Hero of Time. From the looks of him, he's his own Link. I like what they did to his pants and gave him chainmail underneath the tunic.

dadudemon
Originally posted by Mandrag Ganon
I am beginning to think he was talking about the control scheme, because if you watched the demo at E3, it didn't look a huge amount easier. Precise slashes to kill Deku Babas, same with the giant scorpion, appparently.

I just want to see what they are going to do with the dungeons.

No. The name GanonDORF is never even so much as mentioned until A Link to the Past (when the thief next to the desert refers to Ganon as Ganondorf) and the Gerudo form known as Ganondorf doesn't appear until Ocarina of time. Neither Ganon nor Ganondorf are so much as mentioned in Majora's Mask. Not to mention the handheld games in which Ganon makes an appearance in only in the linked version of Oracle of Seasons and Ages. In Link's Awakening, the nightmare takes the form of Ganon, in Minish Cap and Four Swords the villian is Vatti, the villian in Phantom Hourglass is Bellum, and in Spirit Tracks it is Malladus.

Majora's Mask and Adventure of Link, however are the only two console games that Ganon doesn't make an appearance in (however in Adventure of Link, one of the main points of Link's quest is to stop the resurection of Ganon).

Just a correction here...

Gannondorf is the full name for Gannon.

It's the same person.

There are some inconsistancies in the stories, but Gannondorf is supposed to be the same character thoughout the ages while Link and Zelda actually change.

LLLLLink
Am excited, hope it is Hero of Time.

Also excited, but I'd prefer if it wasn't the HoT. His presence should be reserved for 100% godliness. Swordsmanship looked cool.

Also Mandrag, Ganon was also the boss behind Vaati in Four Swords adventure for GC. Add it to the list. stick out tongue

Peach
Originally posted by dadudemon

It's the same person.

There are some inconsistancies in the stories, but Gannondorf is supposed to be the same character thoughout the ages while Link and Zelda actually change.

*Ganondorf

*Ganon

stick out tongue

dadudemon
*Ganondorf

*Ganon

stick out tongue

I'm a subscriber to the old school misspelling of Gannon.

weep

NemeBro

It's the same person.

There are some inconsistancies in the stories, but Gannondorf is supposed to be the same character thoughout the ages while Link and Zelda actually change. If Four Swords Adventures is truly the first chronological Zelda that may not be the case actually...

dadudemon
If Four Swords Adventures is truly the first chronological Zelda that may not be the case actually...

There are inconsistancies everywhere, man. No way around it.

Ganon has died, literally, two times but still 'comes back'. There's no way you can write around that besides pretending it didn't happen.

Here, people have written about this, quite a bit:

http://www.zeldawiki.org/Ganon_Conflicts

General Kaliero
If Four Swords Adventures is truly the first chronological Zelda that may not be the case actually...
The Minish Cap is the chronological first. Before even the whole Triforce was known to the Hylians, just one third, referred to as the Light Force. FSA is also a sequel to Four Swords, so yeah, that makes it very difficult to place FSA as chronological first.

LLLLLink
Ugh, timeline issues. Do not want. There are to many inconsistencies on foundational issues for the current timeline theories too be considered plausible.

General Kaliero
Psh. Everything makes sense.

You just have to agree with me. wink

But 5L makes a good point; let's leave timeline speculation for when we actually have evidence from the new game to support it.

From interviews, we can guess this is a brand new Link, from a floating land called Skyloft (if I remember). He'll go back and forth between Skyloft and Hyrule through the course of the game.

§P0oONY
Why the **** do people even try and work out the timeline? There isn't one that works... Nintendo ****ed up (**** ups that started pretty much from Zelda 2 and LTTP, watch AVGN if you really want to see why). It doesn't matter though, the Zelda series doesn't rely on it's narative. Simply because (like the Mario games) the storylines are really not very imaginative or important.

True Zelda fans appreciate the games as they are, without linkig them to eachother.

General Kaliero
Spooony, I literally just said to leave timeline discussion out of this thread.

§P0oONY
Originally posted by General Kaliero
Spooony, I literally just said to leave timeline discussion out of this thread. I was writing my reply while doing other stuff while you were posting.

And my exact point was to say that talking about it is pointless because there isn't one.

LLLLLink
Lol, perhaps he's got selective hearing, General?

Back on topic, I'm going to reserve judgement until I play this game, but I can see elements from PH and ST that look like they were integrated into the console formula.

§P0oONY
Originally posted by LLLLLink
Lol, perhaps he's got selective hearing, General?

Back on topic, I'm going to reserve judgement until I play this game, but I can see elements from PH and ST that look like they were integrated into the console formula. Perhaps you have too... Or, like me, you were to slow at posting... wanker

The game will probably be good, it will also probably be bashed by the idiot OoT horde who might aswell not play any other Zelda game.

LLLLLink

Sin_Volvagia
This game requires Wii motion plus. I don't feel like getting that for just one game unless it's some mega-classic that's a must buy.

LLLLLink
It's a Zelda game. I'll do what I have to.
If console Zelda isn't a good enough game to get a peripheral, then there isn't a good enough game in existence.

quanchi112
Extremely underwhelmed.

NemeBro
Getting tired of that word. no expression

At least use "unimpressed" or something.

RE: Blaxican
****ing thing sucks!

That better? 131

quanchi112
Getting tired of that word. no expression

At least use "unimpressed" or something. I kinda am tired of you as well if you want to know. Hopefully the game will deliver and I will still get it if I am still in game mode when it hits stores but I am not looking forward to this like Castlevania Lord of Shadows. That to me looks like a definite improvement.

I want Link to be more realistic like in tp so this is one of the main reasons I was so let down. The story always makes or breaks these games so we won't really know till we play it ourselves.

Scythe
This game requires Wii motion plus.

What is Wii Motion Plus?

MooCowofJustice
Wii Motion Plus is basically an upgrade to Wii's motion controls.

quanchi112
Originally posted by MooCowofJustice
Wii Motion Plus is basically an upgrade to Wii's motion controls. How much does it cost? I will get it regardless but sadly I bought the wii to get back into zelda with tp but I rally can't find any other games for the wii I care much about other than previous zelda titles.

LLLLLink
Swordplay looked cool. He has a different style now, it seems.

Peach
Originally posted by quanchi112
How much does it cost? I will get it regardless but sadly I bought the wii to get back into zelda with tp but I rally can't find any other games for the wii I care much about other than previous zelda titles.

$25 for a WMP by itself; right now most games that require it come with it bundled in.

The Scenario
http://e3.gamespot.com/video/6266421/

Some more info. Link now lives above the clouds.

LLLLLink
Do I see something that ties in with the Oocca?

Sin_Volvagia
$25 for a WMP by itself; right now most games that require it come with it bundled in.

If that's the case with LoZmessedS, I got no worries. All that will be needed are good reviews.

quanchi112
$25 for a WMP by itself; right now most games that require it come with it bundled in. That's not too bad. I just found out after downloading two p1 classics on my ps3 I will need a memory card to save them.

ScreamPaste
Originally posted by quanchi112
How much does it cost? I will get it regardless but sadly I bought the wii to get back into zelda with tp but I rally can't find any other games for the wii I care much about other than previous zelda titles. I could suggest quite a few titles for you.

Fire emblem
No More Heroes
Deadly Creatures
Smash bros
Mario (all of them @_@)
Xenoblade
Paper Mario
Mad world
Monster hunter
METROIIID
ect.

quanchi112
I could suggest quite a few titles for you.

Fire emblem
No More Heroes
Deadly Creatures
Smash bros
Mario (all of them @_@)
Xenoblade
Paper Mario
Mad world
Monster hunter
METROIIID
ect. Never heard of some of these like fire emblem. Is Monster hunter 3 worth really good?

LLLLLink
It is if you are new to the Monster Hunter scene.

ScreamPaste
Fire Emblem is a little known but great strategy RPG, and Monster hunter is a very addicting RPG.

MooCowofJustice
Fire Emblem > Final Fantasy

Mandrag Ganon

It's the same person.

True...ish... Yes, they are one in the same, but no, Ganondorf is not the full name for Ganon. The full name of Ganon is Mandrag Ganon, the full name of Ganondorf is Ganondorf Dragmire. They are the same character, yes... but a distinction can be made in that Ganondorf Dragmire is his TRUE Gerudo form, and Mandrag Ganon is his beast form.

However, what I said was true, in that the name Ganondorf did not show up until A Link to the Past. I personally think that the Ganondorf form was destroyed at some point, and that is why you have many Zelda Games which only have Mandrag Ganon, and no mention of Ganondorf Dragmire.

Anyway, to recap, they are two forms of the same character Ganondorf Dragmire, the Gerudo, and Mandrag Ganon, the dark beast.

ScreamPaste
Actually, Dragmire is only ever mentioned in the English version of the aLttP game manual, and is considered an embellishment.

LLLLLink
Well, some Zelda characters are equipped with last names, like Daphnes Nohansen Hyrule, but some are not equipped or are not mentioned, like King Daltus or King Gustaf. Ol' Daphnes was given one for flair, me thinks.

The Scenario
I still consider Link's last name to be Aran.

Phanteros
I just realize Aran means Mountain/Strength.

LLLLLink
http://www.infendo.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/image8-495x346.jpg

ScreamPaste
http://i370.photobucket.com/albums/oo141/ShinTwist_ScreamPaste/RVL_ZeldaSS_01char02_E3.png
http://i370.photobucket.com/albums/oo141/ShinTwist_ScreamPaste/RVL_ZeldaSS_01char01_E3.png
http://i370.photobucket.com/albums/oo141/ShinTwist_ScreamPaste/RVL_ZeldaSS_01char03_E3.png
Awesome.

BloodRain
Nice touch with the chain-mail, adds to the knight look.

Hmm, in the third picture the shaded part on his right ear looks like a more normal sized ear. Just caught my eye.

Phanteros
http://www.infendo.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/image8-495x346.jpg Not really.

LLLLLink
Yeah, really.

Awesome pics are awesome. That's definitely the Master Sword, and Link's pants seem baggier than normal.

Heythere,Honey
Not really. no expression

But I am sorta more excited about the OoT remake than this(broken N64 FTL).

ScreamPaste
Between MM and OoT I actually do noticer that my expectations for video games kinda jumped up pretty high as a result. no expression

LLLLLink
See? I told you.
If you have ever read a review on OoT, you would blush at the amount of praise this game has received. Here's hoping that Skyward Sword comes close to that benchmark.

Sin_Volvagia

I'm unaffected by this.

LLLLLink
It sure stirred the water, though, didn't it?

Sin_Volvagia
It sure stirred the water, though, didn't it?

It gave the N64 a lot of credit especially after the PS1 had Metal Gear Solid.

Mandrag Ganon

I disagree, not every game after I played OOT was a slight disappointment for me. Majora's Mask didn't disappoint at all, nor did Spirit Tracks, or Wind Waker for that matter... well, I didn't like the Puppet Ganon Battle at all, but the rest of that game balanced it out.

Not to say that OOT wasn't... isn't a great game, I just disagree with the statement that everything afterwards is a disappointment.

NemeBro
Actually, Dragmire is only ever mentioned in the English version of the aLttP game manual, and is considered an embellishment. Just wanted to add the same is true with Mandrag Ganon.

Mandrag Ganon
Actually, Dragmire is only ever mentioned in the English version of the aLttP game manual, and is considered an embellishment.

Just wanted to add the same is true with Mandrag Ganon.

Be that as it may, they are still clearly separated in the games... atleast since OOT after which Ganondorf has always refered to the human form and Ganon the beast form.

Perhaps not separate beings, but separate names for each respective form.

Darth Jello
Any more word on the lefty flip? Also is this Link officially right-handed? I always thought that being a lefty was one of the traits that made Link a legendary swordsman.

Smasandian
Why do people care if he is left or right handed?

LLLLLink

Link is canonically left-handed. Right handed Link was featured in the Wii version of Twilight Princess when the game was "mirrored" for use on the Wii. Since most people are right handed, Link was made to be right handed on the Wii version of TP.
So, anyway, Zelda fandom is serious business.

ScreamPaste
Originally posted by Darth Jello
Any more word on the lefty flip? Also is this Link officially right-handed? I always thought that being a lefty was one of the traits that made Link a legendary swordsman. I really hope you can choose to be lefty in-game. Was planning to use analog stick with other hand and everything.

LLLLLink
Link is canonically left-handed. Right handed Link was featured in the Wii version of Twilight Princess when the game was "mirrored" for use on the Wii. Since most people are right handed, Link was made to be right handed on the Wii version of TP.
So, anyway, Zelda fandom is serious business.

One more thin: Thanks to mirroring, Link from LoZ seems ambidextrous, but he is canonically left handed.

Darth Jello

1. Because the way it was done on the wii version of twilight princess ****ed it up.

2. Because it's more intuitive for us lefties to play that way on the wii.

3. Because he's always been left-handed

4. Because it makes more sense for a legendary swordsman to be uniquely left-handed in a fight because of the tactical advantage that it provides.

Heythere,Honey
Why lefties get to become legendary swordsmen? Its not fair!sad

LLLLLink
Originally posted by Heythere,Honey
Why lefties get to become legendary swordsmen? Its not fair!sad

I became ambidextrous for this very reason.

Peach

Why do people care about any sort of detail about anything?

Because they can. Why do you care that they care?

Ushgarak
Of all the reasons to want Link left handed, the idea that it is what made him a good swordsman has to be the most ridiculous. I don't actually get this idea of where he is a legendary swordsman comes from, anyway, other than him just being a hero who is good at all sorts. He barely ever fights an opponent with a sword in any case.

There is no reason at all that he was left handed- a simple triviality that has gained value by being repeated. It really does not matter.

ScreamPaste
Of all the reasons to want Link left handed, the idea that it is what made him a good swordsman has to be the most ridiculous. I don't actually get this idea of where he is a legendary swordsman comes from, anyway, other than him just being a hero who is good at all sorts. He barely ever fights an opponent with a sword in any case.

There is no reason at all that he was left handed- a simple triviality that has gained value by being repeated. It really does not matter.

You're a righty, yes? Ever been in a fist fight with a lefty? Also, his image as a swordsman probably comes from the fact his main weapon is a sword which he demonstrates crazy skill with.

Lefty Link's canon, it's been this way since 1986.

Ushgarak
Blimey, you really just need to read my post again.

ScreamPaste
Blimey, you really just need to read my post again.
I read it again, the substance to word ratio isn't what I'd call efficient, and the points made were somewhat inaccurate.

-A lefty does have a natural advantage.
-Link regularly demonstrates his skills with a sword, and many of the in game legends refer to him as using a sword, none of his other equipment.
-It does matter, because fans care, and there's no reason to change an appreciated detail.

Smasandian
Why do people care about any sort of detail about anything?

Because they can. Why do you care that they care?

It just seems a bit minute and trivial.

LLLLLink
I don't actually get this idea of where he is a legendary swordsman comes from, anyway, other than him just being a hero who is good at all sorts.

You mean other than the fact that he is called the Hero of Legend, is a swordsman, and wields "that legendary blade, the Master Sword"?

ScreamPaste
It just seems a bit minute and trivial. In the grand scheme it is, but how many lefties can you recall in gaming? stick out tongue It's a unique detail that seems to have been put in simply because it adds to who Link is. Something a lot of fans appreciate.

Ushgarak
I read it again, the substance to word ratio isn't what I'd call efficient, and the points made were somewhat inaccurate.

-A lefty does have a natural advantage.
-Link regularly demonstrates his skills with a sword, and many of the in game legends refer to him as using a sword, none of his other equipment.
-It does matter, because fans care, and there's no reason to change an appreciated detail.

Ok, so no, you did not read it. Very well I shall explain further.

First of all, Link has never been portrayed, specifically, as a master swordsman. He's a hero. He's good at everything. I am sure we can say he is good at a sword, but I have no reason to think he is any better at that than he is with a bow, hammer or boomerang,. Sword fighting is NOT what defines him unlike, say, Sephiroth, whose entire schtick is based around being a bad-ass swordsman. So the idea that changing his hand changes his character makes no sense.

Secondly, a lefty does NOT have a natural advantage in any way you mean it. Like I said, Link barely ever fights anyone with a sword. This way the key phrase, because the only possible advantage of being left handed with a sword is that right handed swordsmen might not be used to the way you fight in a duel. It's a small advantage that only works in particular circumstances that Link almost never finds himself in. I would happily say that 99% of Links' opponents couldn't give a tiny toss what hand his sword was in, and with the remaining 1% we have no reason to think his left hand gave him the edge. This is a nonsense. If he is a good swordsman, it's because he's an all-around hero. It's nothing to do with his hand.

Your final point is the one that makes the least sense because of course there is an ENORMOUS reason to change it- because most people are right handed. In a game where you are trying to simulate the experience of actually holding the sword, this is pretty straightforward. The fact that Link, as an utterly trivial detail, has been left handed in earlier games does't matter a damn. All other things being equal, then sure, leave him as left handed. But if being right handed is BETTER, as it is here, then the objections are feeble.

There needs to be a lot more common sense used here.

ScreamPaste

First of all, Link has never been portrayed, specifically, as a master swordsman. He's a hero. He's good at everything. I am sure we can say he is good at a sword, but I have no reason to think he is any better at that than he is with a bow, hammer or boomerang,. Sword fighting is NOT what defines him unlike, say, Sephiroth, whose entire schtick is based around being a bad-ass swordsman. So the idea that changing his hand changes his character makes no sense.

Secondly, a lefty does NOT have a natural advantage in any way you mean it. Like I said, Link barely ever fights anyone with a sword. This way the key phrase, because the only possible advantage of being left handed with a sword is that right handed swordsmen might not be used to the way you fight in a duel. It's a small advantage that only works in particular circumstances that Link almost never finds himself in. I would happily say that 99% of Links' opponents couldn't give a tiny toss what hand his sword was in, and with the remaining 1% we have no reason to think his left hand gave him the edge. This is a nonsense. If he is a good swordsman, it's because he's an all-around hero. It's nothing to do with his hand.

Your final point is the one that makes the least sense because of course there is an ENORMOUS reason to change it- because most people are right handed. In a game where you are trying to simulate the experience of actually holding the sword, this is pretty straightforward. The fact that Link, as an utterly trivial detail, has been left handed in earlier games does't matter a damn. All other things being equal, then sure, leave him as left handed. But if being right handed is BETTER, as it is here, then the objections are feeble.

Thank you so much for your wall of text, but once more I must correct thee.

ujEZQbBi2Yc
"Wielding the blade of evil's bane, he sealed the dark one away, and gave the land light..."
"Clothed in the green of the fields, they aspired to find heroic blades and cast down evil."
In the background, every picture of Link features him holding a sword. Know how many, promarily right handed, enemies Link fights in his games, specificly with his sword?
Lizafos, Dinalfos, Stalfos, Iron Knuckles, Dark Nuts, ect, all en masse, I might add, and there's probably more, those are off the top of my head. Oh yeah, Moblins, Soldiers, and let's not forget the Ganondorf boss fights.

2. So you've never fought a lefty, it shows.

3. We're discussing the rumour that there's the ability to switch Link's handedness in game, and that it would be awesome. You should read more of the thread. wink Would be great for all the righties, and we'd still have canon lefty Link for all the people who remember this detail.

Ushgarak
I am not quite sure what is wrong with you. Your response to my first point just shows he is commonly seen with a sword- irrelevant. Your response to my second simply makes absolutely no sense at all. Can you try being coherent, please? I gave you very specific and sensible reasons as to why him being left handed was irrelevant as far as fighting goes, and all you did was repeat the spurious logic you originally used. And my third point was simply responding to your one saying there was no reason to change what hand he carried the sword in, in which respect you were wrong. I have read the thread just fine- doing you more respect than you are giving to me, for sure.

You are borderline trolling here. Please post with sense and attention.

LLLLLink
I am not quite sure what is wrong with you. Your response to my first point just shows he is commonly seen with a sword- irrelevant. Your response to my second simply makes absolutely no sense at all. Can you try being coherent, please? I gave you very specific and sensible reasons as to why him being left handed was irrelevant as far as fighting goes, and all you did was repeat the spurious logic you originally used. And my third point was simply responding to your one saying there was no reason to change what hand he carried the sword in, in which respect you were wrong. I have read the thread just fine- doing you more respect than you are giving to me, for sure.

You are borderline trolling here. Please post with sense and attention.

Shin, dumb it down, please. Please be courteous of others' comprehension when posting. shifty

Also Shin, you sniped me, ya bastard.

Ushgarak
Oh, and now you have come here just to troll eh, LLLLLink? The mentality of many posters in this section is very poor indeed. Carry on like that and you won't have a future here, for sure.

Some of you need to take a long, hard look at yourselves, your behaviours and your ability to make a logical analysis or carry out a sensible conversation.

ScreamPaste

You are borderline trolling here. Please post with sense and attention. You should re-read my first point, Link's damn good with a sword, and actively demonstrates it. Your example of Sephiroth demonstrates his skill less than Link does. Link is known for his sword and swordsmanship, he's a legendary hero, a legendary swordsman. Just like Darth Jello said.

My second response basicly summed your answer to my question up. Fighting a lefty, especially in a sword and shield scenario, instantly changes everything. no expression You're now fighting a mirror, and this mirror is used to fighting in exactly this manner. This is even demonstrable on a smaller scale in fist fights.

Read the rest of the thread, please. We were discussing the rumour you can pick Link's handedness. And no, I was not wrong. There's no reason to change the canon to accomadate gameplay. Even if they have Link a righty in gameplay, there's no reason to alter Link's canon handedness. Having the option to play Lefty accomodates the 10% of Zelda fans who are infact lefties, like myself.

ScreamPaste
Oh, and now you have come here just to troll eh, LLLLLink? The mentality of many posters in this section is very poor indeed. Carry on like that and you won't have a future here, for sure.

Some of you need to take a long, hard look at yourselves, your behaviours and your ability to make a logical analysis or carry out a sensible conversation. I'm just going to point out that you stop to bash me on average about every four sentances, while I've not actually made any personal attacks against you, and am infact, /discussing/ and backing up my points of discussion.

Feel free to label me a troll, but actions speak louder than words, as someone once said.

Ushgarak
Again- first, no he is not known for that. You just made that up. He uses a sword a lot; that is different from Link being known, in any distinctive way, as a legendary swordsman. He's a legendary everything. Saying Sephiroth displayed less sword skill when his character is ENTIRELY dependent on that skill is... absurd. His character NEEDS to be a legendary swordsman, or he is not anything at all. You speak as if that if there was any reason to question the idea that Link is the best swordsman that ever live,d it would ruin his character. It would do no such thing. Why can't he just be good with a sword? What makes him have to be 'legendary'? It's a ridiculous hyperbole that people have added that has nothing to do with the games and has no reason to be true.

Your second point is again wasting time- I already addressed exactly that theory and why it was completely irrelevant to what Link encounters.

Thirdly, telling me to read the thread again,. when I have a. already informed you I have and b. already pointed out that I was merely correcting your error is again trolling. Cut it out.

And if you honestly cannot see how stupid it would be to alienate the majority of players by making Link left handed when 90% of players carry the remote in the right hand, then there is nothing more I can do for you. Very sad.

Again, you are arguing for the point of arguing, not because there is any sense or reason behind your words. You are not interested in facts or logic or any rational discourse at all. Such a shame. Go on being annoyed at this then- but it only speaks poorly of you.

Ushgarak
I'm just going to point out that you stop to bash me on average about every four sentances, while I've not actually made any personal attacks against you, and am infact, /discussing/ and backing up my points of discussion.

Feel free to label me a troll, but actions speak louder than words, as someone once said.

I point out your logical mistakes, which is very very different indeed.

ScreamPaste
Thirdly, telling me to read the thread again,. when I have a. already informed you I have and b. already pointed out that I was merely correcting your error is again trolling. CUt it out.

Blimey, you really just need to read my post again. Originally posted by Ushgarak

Just sayin'.

Ushgarak
Adding spamming to the list now?

I'll give you a warning if you keep on like this. This is hardly mature and acceptable posting behaviour.

LLLLLink

Some of you need to take a long, hard look at yourselves, your behaviours and your ability to make a logical analysis or carry out a sensible conversation.

Seems to me that the trouble is following you whenever you show up here. Perhaps if you had more tasteful posts, people would be less inclined to challenge your opinions.

Ushgarak
Nope, that's not it. What is true, though, is that you lot form a clique that is not used to being challenged. Sorry, but if you deserve challenging it will happen, and the onus is upon you to respond sensibly.

The fact is in this case you are being rather absurd. Sorry, that's just how it is. If I get treated disrespectfully for pointing that out, the fault is yours.

ScreamPaste
Adding spamming to the list now?

I'll give you a warning if you keep on like this. This is hardly mature and acceptable posting behaviour. Spamming? haermm

Boyo, hate to say it, but, you misunderstood my post. I was highlightning that you cannot call my actions of requesting you re-read something, while constantly doing the same thing, trolling, without being a troll yourself. wink Lead by example, mon capitaine.

Ushgarak
Again, none of what I did there was trolling- it was all fair and reasonable comment. Whereas you simply repeating things I have already refuted is really done just to aggravate, as it saying I haven't read the thread when I have obvious effort to do so- and trying to call that collection of quotes as any form of anything wrong really shows you to be very confused I am afraid.

Link is going to be right handed because that is the amazingly sensible thing to do and the opinion of a ridiculous vocal minority makes no difference to that. If they CAN mirror it (for the sake of left handed PLAYERS, not trivial continuity), then great! But if they can't, so be it- they've done the sensible thing.

You have to understand that Link being left handed was NEVER important; it was simply coincidence, really. It's never been a significant, important or plot related part of his character. And your idea that this questionable continuity should trump good gameplay controls is madness.

LLLLLink
Nope, that's not it. What is true, though, is that you lot form a clique that is not used to being challenged. Sorry, but if you deserve challenging it will happen, and the onus is upon you to respond sensibly.

The fact is in this case you are being rather absurd. Sorry, that's just how it is. If I get treated disrespectfully for pointing that out, the fault is yours.

Your first posts that were relevant to the subject of "legendary swordsmanship" came off as arrogant and condescending. They also contained incorrect statements. Surely you didn't think that people as prone to debate as ScreamPaste were going to let that slide, did you?
Also, saying that he was spamming up there seemed like a judgement out of spite, but hey, that's just my opinion.

Ushgarak
Your original claims that being left handed was so important were perhaps worthy of condescension- and my post did not contain any errors. The mistakes are all yours.

Arguing yourselves into ridiculous dead ends just makes you look stupid. Perhaps you should learn when it is best to leave alone.
Are you honestly and seriously backing the idea that the reason Link is good with a sword is because he is left handed? You think that is the point of it? You think there is some logical issue with his skill if he is right handed?

You must see that believing such a thing makes you look very silly indeed.

MooCowofJustice
Alright, I'm a righty, but I really can't see how it would be that difficult to use a Wiimote with my left hand. I'd probably get used to it in five minutes.

LLLLLink
The mistakes are all yours.

Proof.

ScreamPaste
I'm afraid mine was just as fair and reasonable.
I said it just to aggravate you? OR because you continually missed the point? I'm sorry but I can't recall setting out to discuss Zelda just to piss someone off, and I appeared to be having a grand old time with everyone else in this thread. Could it be you're overly sensitive? no expression If you can't take hearing something, you shouldn't say it to someone else. The quotes simply illustrate for all to see, that you've behaved just as I have, I could also have quoted some of the minor flaming, but meh.

If gameplay Link must be right handed, meh, but there'd still be no reason whatsoever to change that canon Link is left-handed. The option of being able to switch his handedness in game was being discussed as an ideal situation. You seem to have jumped into a thread believing someone's opinion, for something as purely simple as "LINK IS ONE HANDED ONLY FOREVAR!", when it's more a discussion of why canon-lefty is awesome. no expression Was not purely a gameplay discussion.

In short: If I have offended you, I'm sorry. But you may want to consider that you /are/ being a little sensitive. erm

"If gameplay Link must be right handed, meh, but there'd still be no reason whatsoever to change that canon Link is left-handed. The option of being able to switch his handedness in game was being discussed as an ideal situation. You seem to have jumped into a thread believing someone's opinion, for something as purely simple as "LINK IS ONE HANDED ONLY FOREVAR!", when it's more a discussion of why canon-lefty is awesome. no expression Was not purely a gameplay discussion. "

Pardon me if a unique detail of a well designed character is worth preserving. no expression

Ushgarak
Already given, quite comprehensively.

And remember we are pitching at the average gamer here, not the expert ones. The potential for the average gamer to get confused about movements if you are right handed in life but left on screen are huge.

LLLLLink
But you may want to consider that you /are/ being a little sensitive. erm

I'm inclined to agree, I'm afraid.

Ushgarak
I'm afraid mine was just as fair and reasonable.
I said it just to aggravate you? OR because you continually missed the point? I'm sorry but I can't recall setting out to discuss Zelda just to piss someone off, and I appeared to be having a grand old time with everyone else in this thread. Could it be you're overly sensitive? no expression If you can't take hearing something, you shouldn't say it to someone else. The quotes simply illustrate for all to see, that you've behaved just as I have, I could also have quoted some of the minor flaming, but meh.

If gameplay Link must be right handed, meh, but there'd still be no reason whatsoever to change that canon Link is left-handed. The option of being able to switch his handedness in game was being discussed as an ideal situation. You seem to have jumped into a thread believing someone's opinion, for something as purely simple as "LINK IS ONE HANDED ONLY FOREVAR!", when it's more a discussion of why canon-lefty is awesome. no expression Was not purely a gameplay discussion.

In short: If I have offended you, I'm sorry. But you may want to consider that you /are/ being a little sensitive. erm

No, yours were not fair and reasonable- and I am telling you that officially, so that you may know to turn down your attitude there in future. Nor did I miss any points- I saw your points throughout only all too well. Your extremely foolish comments like "you've never fought a left hander"- a comment as breathtaking in its irrelevance and unintelligible as it was in its attempt at being provocative- speaks volumes.

I do not know what you mean about changing the canon, as if they are altering the continuity of the earlier games. Link has been left handed in earlier games. THIS Link is right handed. It's not like that is some canon impossibility that destroys all continuity or sense. Like I say, not a single facet of his character depended on it.

And again, I did not jump into the conversation. I have no idea where you formed that very incorrect opinion. You are just annoyed that I called out the absurdity of you saying they had no reason to make him right handed, when they obviously did. When you make a mistake like that, you have to learn to take it on the chin.

I appreciate continuity as much as everyone- even when it is not the same Link- and as I said, all other things being equal, he should be left handed. But they are not equal, and this is the obviously sensible way to go. If it can be mirrored, do it. But the default must be for the right.

I am not being sensitive at all- I am simply holding you to account.

Ushgarak
I'm inclined to agree, I'm afraid.

But then you have already put yourself in the same position as him- your attitude is not good. You both have warnings for it, and from people other than me.

It's you guys that need to learn and shift, I am afraid.

LLLLLink
But then you have already put yourself in the same position as him- your attitude is not good. You both have warnings for it, and from people other than me.

It's you guys that need to learn and shift, I am afraid.

Well, no need to be too defensive. Try adding a little tact to flavor your posts, and perhaps we can be friends.

Ushgarak
My posts are hardly brimming over with hate and bile. Like I say, the biggest issue here is that some of you simply do not like being challenged, even sensibly. And sometimes impatience with clearly illogical and unreasonable viewpoints is justified.

Still, there we go. I don't want to drag this off topic. We all know why he is right handed anyway. I submit that it is not a very big deal.

ScreamPaste
Why, yes, Ush, I exist solely to provoke you and cause you grief. no expression I'm totally not illustrating, in the simplest manner possible, the truth in Darth Jello's comment. I simply wish to emasculate you, and the reason I keep responding to the mod, who continues to threaten repurcussions for doing so, is not because I disagree with what he's saying, or feel that he's twisting my points, I simply am a confrontational douchebag.

no expression Nah, man. You continually read my posts, and with determination pick out or twist the parts you want while ignoring that there is truth to being a lefty being an advantage, especially in a sword fight, and that Link is a legendary swordsman. You then choose to focus on repeating how nonsensical my posts are, simply because they disagree with yours, and therefore must obviously be 100% wrong, because you're infallible, and have "made no mistakes".

Pardon, but, uh. I disagree. no expression Also, you've somehow turned our appreciation of a unique character trait into something we're demanding in gameplay, which is not the case. the GC version of TP had Lefty Link, and was the canon version, it didn't sell as well as the Wii version, for obvious reasons, but is anyone condemning the Wii version, or even saying righty-Link in gameplay is a bad idea? No, these are conclusions you've drawn out of thin air in a method akin to a straw-man fallacy.

Also, dear boy, there was no conflict here at all, this thread was the picture of peace and love, until you started in with the condescending tone, which turned what should have been a minor disagreement, into a conflict. Know how many people that takes? Two. Both of us.

So, go ahead, swing TEH BAN HAMMERER, and give me my warning. no expression I'm still going to disagree with you, and debate in my same civil manner, that you are wrong, and you really have no excuse for banning me for something you're just as much part and parcel of. erm

Edit:
I think we agree here, can we stop dragging this so far away from a Zelda love-fest now?

MooCowofJustice
What did you think of Cel shaded Link in Wind Waker, Ush? First thoughts I mean, not after you had played it.

Heythere,Honey
I became ambidextrous for this very reason.
I'm trying to use my left hand a lot more. rolling on floor laughing

LLLLLink
Originally posted by Heythere,Honey
I'm trying to use my left hand a lot more. rolling on floor laughing
It definitely doesn't hurt to be proficient.

The Scenario
I see myself abusing the hell out of the sword beams in this game.

Darth Jello
1. Link was created as a lefty because Shigeru Miyamoto is left-handed and Link was originally a representation of him in childhood.

2. The ability to switch character models is IMPERATIVE for hand-eye coordination for a lot of people. I found the wii twilight princess and punch out! completely unplayable with the wii controls for these reasons (that and I've never met a wii that correctly interprets a southpaw stance.

Ushgarak
Why, yes, Ush, I exist solely to provoke you and cause you grief. no expression I'm totally not illustrating, in the simplest manner possible, the truth in Darth Jello's comment. I simply wish to emasculate you, and the reason I keep responding to the mod, who continues to threaten repurcussions for doing so, is not because I disagree with what he's saying, or feel that he's twisting my points, I simply am a confrontational douchebag.

no expression Nah, man. You continually read my posts, and with determination pick out or twist the parts you want while ignoring that there is truth to being a lefty being an advantage, especially in a sword fight, and that Link is a legendary swordsman. You then choose to focus on repeating how nonsensical my posts are, simply because they disagree with yours, and therefore must obviously be 100% wrong, because you're infallible, and have "made no mistakes".

Pardon, but, uh. I disagree. no expression Also, you've somehow turned our appreciation of a unique character trait into something we're demanding in gameplay, which is not the case. the GC version of TP had Lefty Link, and was the canon version, it didn't sell as well as the Wii version, for obvious reasons, but is anyone condemning the Wii version, or even saying righty-Link in gameplay is a bad idea? No, these are conclusions you've drawn out of thin air in a method akin to a straw-man fallacy.

Also, dear boy, there was no conflict here at all, this thread was the picture of peace and love, until you started in with the condescending tone, which turned what should have been a minor disagreement, into a conflict. Know how many people that takes? Two. Both of us.

So, go ahead, swing TEH BAN HAMMERER, and give me my warning. no expression I'm still going to disagree with you, and debate in my same civil manner, that you are wrong, and you really have no excuse for banning me for something you're just as much part and parcel of. erm

Ok, again, you are simply lying. Again, will remind you that you said, directly, there was no need to change what hand he used. It was that specific point I was referring to. You talking about me strawmanning in view of that is breathtaking- as is pretending your clumsy trolling is arguing in a civil manner- and it is part of a pattern of behaviour that I will not allow to continue.

Again, there is a clique mentality in here which is not acceptable, and those of you who think it is a good idea to keep using any desperate tactic to defend the indefensible need to be called out on it. This is a general indication to all that behaviour like that displayed by the posters above is not acceptable. Change your attitude, or you will be gone. If you are telling me you will never change, then I will ensure you are gone now.

And dare me to ban you again and I will. Bear that in mind carefully.

If you want to discuss this further, do it by PM.

ScreamPaste
Ok, again, you are simply lying. Again, will remind you that you said, directly, there was no need to change what hand he used. It was that specific point I was referring to. You talking about me strawmanning in view of that is breathtaking- as is pretending your clumsy trolling is arguing in a civil manner- and it is part of a pattern of behaviour that I will not allow to continue.

Again, there is a clique mentality in here which is not acceptable, and those of you who think it is a good idea to keep using any desperate tactic to defend the indefensible need to be called out on it. This is a general indication to all that behaviour like that displayed by the posters above is not acceptable. Change your attitude, or you will be gone. If you are telling me you will never change, then I will ensure you are gone now.

And dare me to ban you again and I will. Bear that in mind carefully.

If you want to discuss this further, do it by PM.

Don't care about the lefty argument, so don't worry about your PM box, there are a few things there I feel need to be addressed though. (And this thread had just gone back to being peaceful. >|)

1. Not lying, you sound like BT. I actually don't care about this whole disagreement. It /should/ have been a simple civil discussion, and you're about to ban me for disagreeing with you.

2. Was not a dare, was a plain statement. It takes two, there's a rule here about feeding trolls, if I am infact a troll, which doesn't seem likely since no one else in this thread's had any problem with me, you're just as responsible for this mess as I am.

Originally posted by Darth Jello
1. Link was created as a lefty because Shigeru Miyamoto is left-handed and Link was originally a representation of him in childhood.

2. The ability to switch character models is IMPERATIVE for hand-eye coordination for a lot of people. I found the wii twilight princess and punch out! completely unplayable with the wii controls for these reasons (that and I've never met a wii that correctly interprets a southpaw stance.
1. I actually did not know Shiggy was a lefty, but it's just one more awesome left-hander for the history books. cool
2. You seem to be effected a lot more by this than I do, I've been able to adjust somewhat, but I would love a lefty character model.

LLLLLink
When Mr. Miyamoto moves off the scene, I probably will too assuming no one exceptional takes up his mantle).

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>