The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time on the 3DS

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Mandrag Ganon
The first Zelda game in 3D graphics... Game of the year in 1998... Argued to be the greatest Zelda game of all time, The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time is apparently coming to the Nintendo 3DS

http://ds.ign.com/articles/109/1098192p1.html

Ms.Marvel
they should release it to the public for free, since its not an actual new game or anything.

Mandrag Ganon
It's getting a new make-over though. The graphics look more like Skyward Sword's. Besides, when has anyone EVER released a remake for free?

I'm just hoping for a Majora's Mask remake now... and maybe a 3D A Link to the Past...

Oh, there's 6 images now.

Sin_Volvagia
Does Ocarina of Time really need a remake? Oh well, hope all you 3DS owners enjoy it but they better not put Tingle in the game or make the Well Dungeon and Shadow Temple less scary.

Mandrag Ganon
I kinda get the feeling they are simply giving it a graphical overhaul, and putting it in 3D. What I have seen of the images, it looks exactly like Ocarina of Time as it was seen on the N64, only with new graphics.

Sin_Volvagia
Originally posted by Mandrag Ganon
I kinda get the feeling they are simply giving it a graphical overhaul, and putting it in 3D. What I have seen of the images, it looks exactly like Ocarina of Time as it was seen on the N64, only with new graphics.

Remakes tend to have additional things thrown in.

Resident Evil GCN had Lisa Trevor, Tomb Raider Anniversary had extra areas and unlockables, Super Mario 64 DS had extra characters, Metroid Zero Mission had an extended game, Metal Gear Solid: SS had exaggerated cutscenes and MGS2 gameplay, etc.

Mandrag Ganon
Well, we'll see what happens as more is revealed. They may update the fighting... perhaps being able to use the sword from atop Eponia? Changes to the way the Ocarina is used? Perhaps some new side-quests? Longer Shadow Link battle?

Mandrag Ganon
You know what? Just for the fun of it, I found this online, and thought I would post it for those 2 people out there who have 3D glasses. I will soon since there are several boxes of them at the theater I work at from when Shark Boy & Lava Girl was released.

Bn-jmFeiGzE

Heythere,Honey
I hope they change absolutely nothing except the graphics and swordplay.

RichardBrittain
Great game, but I kind of preferred Majora's Mask.

http://thefreeimagehost.info/lib/images/usr20100

Mandrag Ganon
Originally posted by RichardBrittain
Great game, but I kind of preferred Majora's Mask.

http://thefreeimagehost.info/lib/images/usr20100

Agreed

ScreamPaste
This has me excited. Will certainly own a 3DS.

LLLLLink
Oh. My. God.

This looks absolutely amazing. This is #1 on my "to get" list, hands down.

§P0oONY
Originally posted by Ms.Marvel
they should release it to the public for free, since its not an actual new game or anything. Hahaha, you're an idiot.

Originally posted by Heythere,Honey
I hope they change absolutely nothing except the graphics and swordplay. I hope they change stuff... I at least want to see some extras.

LLLLLink
I just hope that they handle this more carefully than they ever have handled anything before. I mean, this is the god of all games, after all. <== Fanboy

General Kaliero
Personally? I'm hoping the finished game includes both the original and Master Quest.

LLLLLink
Originally posted by General Kaliero
Personally? I'm hoping the finished game includes both the original and Master Quest.

That would be sick! I was very impressed with the graphics. Nicely redone, but not unrecognizable.

General Kaliero
Originally posted by LLLLLink
That would be sick! I was very impressed with the graphics. Nicely redone, but not unrecognizable.
Personally, that's the biggest thing for me with the 3DS right now. We're getting OoT and SF64, two of my most favorite games from the N64, in 3D with textures at least triple the original resolution.

LLLLLink
Personally, that's the biggest thing for me with the 3DS right now. We're getting OoT and SF64, two of my most favorite games from the N64, in 3D with textures at least triple the original resolution.

I second that. That's a veeeery good start in my book.

§P0oONY
I don't mind what they do to it, I just hope they do something... If I'm going to spend money on a game, I want it to be different from a game that I already own and can play at any time... On a bigger screen... I don't really care about the 3D gimmick or graphics..

LLLLLink
Well, to change the story or dialogue is forbidden. Multiplayer Zelda? Not likely. I'm not sure what else they could other than include Master Quest.

§P0oONY
New weapons, new dungeons, new side quests... More heart peices... More areas... They can do anything really. Even changing the dialogue is fine (and could prove epic to fanboys... See Conker's Bad Fur Day remake. the changes from the original made it worth owning... even if it wasn't as good.).

Changing the game will not destroy the original... The original is still avaliable on the N64, GC and Wii and will remain there untouched.

General Kaliero
Taking away from anything established would hurt reputation and sales, though. They could possibly add a couple new areas and maybe expand on certain elements of story, perhaps clarify parts of the plot that have led away from authorial intent.

We don't really know how much they might change. This is the first time they've altered OoT instead of simply emulating it.

LLLLLink
That's part of what makes it so exciting. I just don't want the canon altered. I'm open to extra content, however. Improved fishing minigame? Hellz yeah.

Also, it would be cool if they decided to put Golden Sun 3 on 3DS (it isn't already, is it?). I love Golden Sun to death.

§P0oONY
I'm just hoping that they do make some changes. What the game contains will effect the time in which I purchase it... If it remains largely unchanged I will not purchase it until I can find it on the cheap. If it is changed who knows, I'd be more inclined to buy it earlier (on release or something).

General Kaliero
I agree, the canon can't be touched. But additional content that ties it in with the rest of the mythos better, perhaps? I would like that.

LLLLLink
I will get it on release if I have to sleep with Hilary Clinton for it. <== Dedicated

§P0oONY
I agree, the canon can't be touched. But additional content that ties it in with the rest of the mythos better, perhaps? I would like that. I say "touch it all you want."... I'm paying for a game, not nostalgia... If I want nostalgia I can play on the original.

Sin_Volvagia

They should make Master Quest available just like the Second Quest in the original Zelda (make your name, Zelda) just for a bit of nostalgia factor.

A harder Ganon fight would be nice. You can beat Ganon without getting touched. Light Arrows=stun and then slash the tail. It's a good thing I didn't do that during my first time because I thought it would be useless. I had to roll between his legs to do the job.

LLLLLink
I also rolled between the legs the first time. I let myself get hit just to hear Zelda scream.

Heythere,Honey
Who knows, maybe they'll even add a short continuation to the story.

LLLLLink
Perhaps tell us why Link went back to Zelda at the end of OoT when he got sent back in time?

BloodRain
^ Wasn't that to warn everyone of Ganon?

LLLLLink
Could be. But that's why it would be nice if they showed us. So we could know it. Like why no hero appeared when Ganondorf broke out in WW's backstory, but yet someone was able to heft the Master Sword and move it from the Temple of Time to under the castle. Wtf, right?

Mandrag Ganon
Indeed, it would be nice to have a few loose ends like that tied up, I would accept quite a few alterations and additions as long as the canon and the existing areas and dungeons are not massively changed.

For example:
The addition of a couple of optional dungeons (perhaps a cave of ordeals?) is something I would like.
change the Water Temple, and I will go insane.
I would also like some new enemies... but I don't want to fight throught the Forest Temple and fight anything other than Phantom Ganon as the boss of the temple.

Sin_Volvagia
Ocarina of Time lacked the main Zelda theme. Why? Hopefully they won't make the same mistake, even if it's a minor one.

Mandrag Ganon
What do you mean?

BloodRain
Could be. But that's why it would be nice if they showed us. So we could know it. Like why no hero appeared when Ganondorf broke out in WW's backstory, but yet someone was able to heft the Master Sword and move it from the Temple of Time to under the castle. Wtf, right?
You really think they'll actually start filling in the LoZ blanks? They thrive off us not knowing.

Sin_Volvagia
Originally posted by Mandrag Ganon
What do you mean?

UOa4tXG4EQo

General Kaliero
Perhaps tell us why Link went back to Zelda at the end of OoT when he got sent back in time?
Confirmed in an interview before TP that Link was sent back exactly for the purpose of warning the king against Ganondorf.

Really, it's said that only the chosen hero can draw the Sword out of the Pedestal and wield it. The Pedestal could be moved whole with the Sword still stuck inside.

On the one hand, I don't think additional end footage is necessary, but on the other hand, depending what they did with it...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.