Sam Fisher v.s. Cloud, /with twist!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ScreamPaste
Cloud is unaware Sam is coming for him, and is in Midgar doing bishonen things. Sam has any type of gun he feels appropriate with a bullet speed higher than the speed of sound. Read: If he shoots from wehere Cloud can't see him, he'll be dead before he hears the sound of the bullet. The challenge is whether Sam can sneak up on Cloud to gain such an advantage.

Demonic Phoenix
If it's at night-time, Cloud should just keel over and die to save Sam from wasting his time.

Also, I take it snipers are allowed?

ScreamPaste
Yes, but keep in mind he has to carry it through Midgar to an appropriate vantage point, and was thinking daylight, otherwise Cloud may as well do as you said.

TheAuraAngel
Midgar is a crowded place(Before Meteor anyway) and even after that, it's still got a lot of people. Easy places to hide too from what I remember. And Cloud has never demonstrated the ability to hear or sense anything special. As long as Fisher doesn't try to be right next to him, Cloud is dead. no expression

Well if he was on his motorcycle or something, I guess it would be different. Not that I think Fisher would have a problem with hitting a moving target though.

Q'Anilia
Sam Fisher is more manly, for what that is worth.

QE6QRCzZ_fo

BloodRain
Sam excels at stealth in a place where you can carry large weapons around without anyone so much as batting an eyelid. If Cloud can't see or hear the shot, he can't react to it. Unless he has some awareness to react in time that I don't know of.

Phanteros
Sam wins. His manlyness will destroy Cloud.

NemeBro
Cloud has taken shots from soopa futuristic guns far better than Sam's.

He's been shot through his glasses in the head without any signifigant injury.

Q'Anilia
The challenge is hitting Cloud with a bullet, not killing him. At least that is how I understand it. So what Cloud can take is irrelevant to the topic.

SpadeKing
Originally posted by ScreamPaste
Sam has any type of gun he feels appropriate with a bullet speed higher than the speed of sound. Read: If he shoots from wehere Cloud can't see him, he'll be dead before he hears the sound of the bullet.

Originally posted by Q'Anilia
The challenge is hitting Cloud with a bullet, not killing him. At least that is how I understand it. So what Cloud can take is irrelevant to the topic.

Seems more like it is he wants Cloud dead, Sam can undoubtedly hit him from behind. The only thing I question is the bullet killing him.

ScreamPaste
Was hoping there'd be some challenge in sneaking through a massively populated city. no expression

TheAuraAngel
Was hoping there'd be some challenge in sneaking through a massively populated city. no expression

This is Midgar, a place where you can see 3 people dressed up as soldiers, a super sayian look a like wielding a giant sword, and a 6'5 man with a machine gun for an arm, all on the same train. I believe Sam won't draw that much attention. roll eyes (sarcastic)

ScreamPaste
Uh. You make a valid point. no expression

Crap. My bad. I admittedly am not a Cloud fan, but not intend to make this so easy for Sam.

Wei Phoenix

QE6QRCzZ_fo

Did the Johnny Cash add to his manliness at all for you?

ScreamPaste
How about Cloud knows Sam is in the city, but has no idea where?

TheAuraAngel
How about Cloud knows Sam is in the city, but has no idea where?

Hmm...seems more fair. It all depends on how Cloud uses the information. There are 2 options:

1. He goes out looking for Sam. Midgar is a big place and Cloud is more familiar with it. However, if he is traveling on foot or on Fenrir, it would likely go to Sam. Disadvantaged though he may be, the guy seems very talented at what he does. He'd get at least one shot off on Cloud more likely than not.

2. Cloud does the smart thing and stays in one place, like the Church or the AVALANCHE base below the 7th Heaven. Sam would have little option there and would have to get quite closer to Cloud than he'd like. Obviously, Cloud would win this.

Option 3, AKA what I would do, Cloud jumps around Midgar like he did in the Sephiroth fight, making him a hard target to hit, all the while using the protect materia to form a shield around me to take any shot. Eventually, he'd find him.

BloodRain
Then it comes down to whether Cloud can react to a gunshot without before reacting to sound.

Could be possible but I can'y recall him doing so. Hm, can use Sense to aid in evading the shot or cast a Shield type Materia and Enemy Lure to make someone like Sam attack. (?)

That or AuraAngel's 2nd and 3rd scenario.

NemeBro
How about Cloud knows Sam is in the city, but has no idea where? He sits in the corner of his home and masturbates, away from the vantage of any door or window.

Sam will have to get close. 131

ScreamPaste
he's too emo to get it up.

NemeBro
He just needs to think about Sephiroth and his long sword.

Phantom Miria

QE6QRCzZ_fo

Much too true.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.