STAR WARS: RETROSPECTION- Respite

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

REXXXX

REXXXX

Vera21
Vera-Kin signs, having waited far too long for this.

"No worries, Mr. Turandi," Vera-Kin says. "I understand your need for caution. Xeth has told me about the troubles you have experienced in waging this secret war against the vested interests of the Republic. If you weren't cautious, I would be concerned."

Vera-Kin extends a hand to shake his.

Bespin Bart
Xeth will head to the bar, excited to be meeting a potential new member of his little group. He sits down at the bar and places his lightsaber- the only weapon he brought with him, this time- on the bar. Today, Xeth merely dawns his rustic red Jedi robes. No need for the quick-draw holster that holds all of his weapons for something so simple as a meeting with a fellow Jedi.

"Flaming Wookiee, on the rocks," Xeth orders from the bartender. He then turns to purvey the crowd, to see if he can spot Tilulla anywhere.

Digi
F--- it, I don't need to understand the combat rules until, ya know, we have some combat.

Link to Tilulla: http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=12794754#post12794754

I walk in, the hood from my cloak pulled over my head, my lightsaber tucked beneath street clothes. Seeing the lightsaber on the bar, I walk up and sit down next to Xeth, making eye contact with the bartender as I do. "Something strong, and make it a double." I wait for the drink, then take a couple sips.

"So who are we killling?" I start, with a smile, as I turn toward Xeth.

Digi
Also, as we start:

I have Intuition but none of the Dream-type powers. I take it that means I can't use them for story foresight?

Also, Rexx, what can I assume about how you'll deal with my two livers thing? It wouldn't do well for my first interaction with Xeth to be a drunken one, but I'd like to be able to kill drinks with a bit more abandon than I might otherwise.

Bespin Bart
"Nobody yet," Xeth says, before extending an insectoid hand in greeting. "Xeth Tam, private investigator. May I assume that I am in the lovely company of Miss Tilulla Ryn?"

He keeps his other hand on his lightsaber, not wanting someone to think it a good idea to snatch it up.

(For the record, Xeth is a Geonosian, those buggy aliens from Episode II.)

REXXXX
"No physical contact, Master," Gralus says. "Sorry, it's policy. I'm sure you understand."

Gralus leads you out of the waiting room and into the corridor beyond, one wall of which is floor-to-ceiling windows showing the cityscape of one of Taloraan's floating cities. The clouds billow and morph in the sunset beyond it.

"So. Xeth sent you because we have a lead for him. It's a small one, but it is something he has been looking into lately. Did you hear about his involvement with the Anzat Corsairs?"

-

The bartender slides a pair of Flaming Wookiees down the bar, one a might bit stronger than the other.

In regards to Tilulla's tolerance for drinking... Ush likely won't do this, but I will say that she can use the schtick "Alien Metabolism" when drinking alcohol. It doubles her Strength for resistance to its effects.

And one must have the Intuition Mastery to use Dreams, unfortunately. No worries; not everyone has it, even in the main game.

For now, keep chatting!

Digi
"You may. Tilulla Rynn, Freelance Peacekeeping Agent. Nice to meet you. But call me Rynn, or Ti. Only my mom calls me Tilulla." I eye his hand (claw? pincer?) as it slides to his lightsaber. "Relax, I have one of my own."

I take another sip of the Wookie, tossing off my hood and letting my hair fall out of it. "Good stuff. Rots the insides. So, cut to it. From what I've heard of you, we should be able to get along. My contacts told me you'd have plenty for me to sink my teeth into. But I don't work unless I know what I'm getting into, and why I'm getting into it."

Rexx, don't worry about it. I'll pick it up with XP sometime down the road. Until then, I'll just control myself (more or less).

Bespin Bart
Xeth replaces his lightsaber on his belt, somewhere he unaccustomed to keeping it. "I just don't want it to wander."

Xeth regards the Zeltron for a moment, then resumes. "I'm sure I have more than enough for you to get into, Ti. As you may or may not know, I am the leader and founder of the Investigation Force. It is a group comprised of Jedi Knights (and even a few Masters) who have decided to take on evil where they see it, rather than at the direction of the Council. Vigilantism, if you would. But we stick within the boundaries of the law. Much of what we do is spent helping out the weak- catching murderers, scaring off thugs, that sort of thing. But there is one overall goal that I have in mind for our little group.

"Do you know what the Techno Union is?"

Vera21
Vera-Kin shakes her head.

"He may have mentioned something about it, but I never got the full story," Vera-Kin admits. "A fairly recent engagement, wasn't it?"

Digi
"Heard of 'em, yeah. And I know you've had some, shall we call it business, with them. But that's about it. Most of my work is more personalized. Retrieval, investigation, surveillance, an occasional bounty, that sort of thing. I haven't really dealt with unions and corporations and such. But it sounds...profitable. Or at least entertaining."

I take a large swig of the Wookie. "And just so we're clear, I'm down with your little operation. Going out and saving the galaxy. Beats sitting in the Jedi Temple talking about justice. But just don't hold anything back from me. The more information I have, the better armed I am. So, leaders, contacts, dealings, methods, anything that seems relevant."

I pause, and my face crinkles. "And I'd apologize for not knowing more about your merry band and the Techno Union, but you're the one that asked for me, not the other way around."

Bespin Bart
"No worries, Ryn," Xeth says. "You'll know too much by the end of this day.

"The Techno Union is a major arms manufacturer, one that is considered a 'vested interest' in the Republic. In addition to the Trade Federation, before the Neimoidians were busted at Naboo, the Union produces battle droids, huge numbers of them. Now, they need to prove they have a buyer to produce them, new rules and all, but like hell if that's stopping them."

Xeth takes a swig of his drink, swills it around in one of his mouths, and swallows.

"Basically, the Battle of Naboo was just the beginning. There is a world of intrigue and conspiracy surrounding the Techno Union and the other vested interests. They're developing new weapons and testing them out, and I don't know why. What we're doing is trying to figure that out, and also stop them from doing as they please.

"As a group, the Investigation Force shares contacts, but we receive a lot of funding from Taloraan, a world of innovative by paranoid tinkerers. They're my contacts."

-

Out of character-

More or less, Xeth has stumbled onto Dooku's conspiracy to start the Clone Wars. Not that we know that, but it helps get the point across.

REXXXX
"It was," Gralus says. "Long story short, the Techno Union was backing the Anzat Corsairs by giving them technology that they wanted to test. A kind of brain implant that, when activated, turned a normal group of people into a savage killing force. Now, it was a Jedi mission to dismantle the Corsairs and their leader, the 'unkillable' Strine, but we got Xeth involved due to the link."

You reach the end of the corridor and turn into another one.

-

Tilulla- Xeth has just told you that a major Republic corporation is performing shady dealings... and sadly, you are not surprised! The Senate is rife with corruption, these days. Still, that's quite an accusation that Xeth is leveling at the Union.

Digi
"It's Rynn with two n's. Don't ask me how I know you were only pronouncing it with one. It's one of my Jedi powers." Tired of finding clever ways to enjoy my drink while talking, I kill the rest of it and slide the glass toward the inside of the bar. When the bartender walks by to pick it up I let him know, "He's paying," with a gesture toward Xeth.

"So we look into this Union to see what's going on. And you're expecting trouble, or you wouldn't have asked to see me. Sounds like fun. I, well, I need the work. And you're a fellow Jedi, which helps. So I'm in. But if we can't find anything to pin on these guys, I'm not running off on a crusade based on premonitions and theories."

As I talk I look around the room, methodically surveying individual faces and postures. Rexx, do I see anything out of the ordinary? My Observation score is 2 (do you use Perception for this?).

Bespin Bart
"Precisely. I have actually been looking for opportunities based on the idea that the Union may still be using fringe groups as a testing grounds for their technology. It may have turned up something."

Xeth flips the bartender a coin for their drinks.

"So you're in then. Excellent. The mission I have in mind will require combat skill, which I'm guessing you have. I might want to test that, of course."

Xeth will gesture towards the door to leave.

Vera21
"What was the Union doing messing with pirates?" Vera-Kin asks. "Seems like an unstable test group to gamble away a project on."

Digi
I don't move upon his gesture. "Two things before we go. The first is payment. I appreciate the opportunity to work with another Jedi and to go hunting for corruption, but I can't work for free. Just give me your word and we're good. Because the people who have given me their word and then didn't pay....well, there's not many of them left."

"The second is names. The Techno Union might have some underhanded dealings, but it seems like they have a public face as well. Who is their acting chief, CEO, whatever? Second, who handles their legal matters? Someone within the company, an outside lawyer, a legal firm? Basically, I'd like to know who's running the show, and where they're running it from. It could help us down the line."

...this was also stalling for time for my Observation check results from Rexx. If nothing else, I want to see how such things are handled for future reference.

Also, Rexx may need to provide the "names" info if applicable, since Xeth might know them in-character, but not know their names off the top of your head.

Bespin Bart
"The CEO of the Techno Union is Wat Tambor, but so far he is completely untouchable," Xeth sighs. "More recently I have clashed with the man in charge of the development of new technologies for the Union. His name is Cirus Cannes. I am positive that he was behind the most recent 'testing ground' I busted up, but he tied off everything to one Carlan Ryamore, the man in charge of Outer Rim sales. Ryamore went rogue for reasons unknown and committed suicide before we got to him. Very sad way for that link to end.

"As for payment, the Taloraanians will be signing the paycheck."

REXXXX
Xeth has covered the main players that the Renegades have dealt with. The Renegades tend to stay away from legal matters when it comes to the Union; they'd never get anywhere trying to talk it out. The Union has an army of lawyers and a large handful of worlds under its control. All legal, of course. The Renegades are more concerned with their illegal activities.

As for a generic Observation roll, the way it works is that you combine your Observation skill + your Perception stat. The total is then turned into a dice pool, and you roll that many d6. If a die shows up a 1-4, it is a failure. If it shows a 5 or 6, it is a success. You want successes. The more you get, the better, and the more dice you have to roll, the more likely you are to get successes.

Anything specific that Tilulla wants to look for?

-

"The real aim of the project was to kidnap a scientist named Nesere, one of our own," Gralus says. "It was unfortunately successful. Xeth and his Jedi friends rescued the scientist from the pirates, but the Union had already extracted what they wanted and cut off any leads."

Digi
I want to look for anyone who may have been eavesdropping. Observation 2, Perception 3.

Also, I'm not interested in talking them out of their illegal activities. It might just be another way to pressure them besides through brute force. I take, though, it that it would be possible given the right resources to get in contact with a lawyer or firm associated with the Union?

"Alright thanks, sounds good." I get up to leave, provided I haven't spotted anyone eavesdropping, in which case my tactics will change.

Vera21
"What did they want?" Vera-Kin asks, glad to be catching up on Xeth's history with the Union. She has yet to become involved in that struggle and so is eager to do so.

REXXXX
Observation 2 + Perception 3 gives Rynn a pool of five d6 dice to roll. She only rolls a single success. In this situation, at least, it is enough to tell that nobody seems to care much about your business. If you had rolled better, you would have noticed people giving you a bit of space; Xeth is known around here and he just put his lightsaber up on the bar. Not to be trifled with.

In regards to applying legal pressure to the Union... unfortunately, you need evidence. The Investigation Force so far has none.

Xeth seems to want to leave, and Ti is going with him. Where are they headed, Xeth?

-

"An advanced targeting system that Nesere had devised," Gralus says. "From what Xeth was able to tell us, they used it to provide their Hailfire artillery droids with accurate targeting computers. Troublesome, in the long run."

This corridor curves as you follow Gralus down it. A cloud car with a blue color scheme zooms lazily by outside.

"The Anzat Corsair project was linked to a man named Carlan Ryamore, the Vice President and Director of Outer Region sales. Nesere had been captured on Anzat by Mark II battle droids, a new line of combat prototypes tested last year by, of course, Ryamore. Unfortunately, Ryamore was tracked to a little known world called Arminium, where it was discovered that he had taken his own life to avoid arrest by the Jedi. Their arrival led to quite a battle."

Digi
Argh. Ok. But I can still look them up, yeah? Evidence or not, I'd like to have them on file.

Sorry to waste time on the roll. I'm just trying to test my options while I figure stuff out. I follow Xeth out of the bar.

REXXXX
It is not a waste of time at all. It is actually smart to ask for rolls when you think they may be helpful or relevant. I'm sure Xeth (the paranoid bug) would agree, someone COULD have been listening...

Bespin Bart
Oh, definitely.

Xeth is going to head to the Investigation Force's headquarters, wanting to show Ti around and also having other things in mind for when they get there.

"Now, Ti, I have no doubts in your ability with a lightsaber," Xeth says. "From what I hear, you're pretty handy with it, and that's good enough for me. However, I think it'd be good to gage your other combat talents. They say there is no better way to get to know someone than by fighting them. Don't you agree?"

-

I want to give you a non-hostile, simple chance to learn the combat system! It'll hep you greatly in the long run.

Digi
Lol, I feel like I'm in the introductory level of a video game, the one where they give you 10 seconds to hit the 'X' button to duck or some nonsense. Thanks though, it's appreciated.

-

"Absolutely, I'd love to," Ti intones. "It's been a while since I've had a real challenge in combat." I step into the combat arena. "We using lightsabers, or some safer alternative? Or just Force Powers and unarmed? I'm down for whatever."

Bespin Bart
Haha, kind of! Better this than a harsh, dangerous situation, right?

-

Xeth tosses his robe and his lightsaber onto a table when he gets into the central office of the Investigation Force. Downstairs is a wide open area that Xeth uses for practicing duelling and combat with his comrades, to keep everyone at the top of their game.

"Do you prefer unarmed or non-Lightsaber melee?" Xeth asks. He reaches over with the Force and summons a vibro-pike to himself, a preferred melee weapon amongst his people for its range.

Vera21
"Unfortunate. So where does that leave the investigation? Sounds like you've been in search of another lead, if not a better one."

Digi
"I prefer weapons," I reply. I grab a....vibro-sword? Do those exist? Anyway, something smaller than a pike that still has blade-like qualities, if possible.

-

So, clerical issue, can I use Blade Schticks with the pike/sword thingies?

REXXXX
No. Blade Schticks only apply to the use of a Lightsaber.

But yes, vibro-swords exist. You may even want to consider the use of two, as you have Twin Weapons as one of your schticks!

Now, to start things off, I want to know which Combat schticks you want to use for the fight. You can pick three to actively use at the same time, out of however many you have.

Additionally, I am going to say that any Force points spent in this fight will be replenished at the end of it, for the sake of the learning curve.

-

"Xeth asked us to keep looking for potential Union testing beds, places or groups that would serve to experiment with new technologies. We weren't sure about it, but finally, we found something."

The curving corridor that Gralus led you down ends in a doorway. He enters a security code ("Look away, please. Policy."wink and lets you into the room.

Sitting at a table is a dark-skinned man in civilian clothes.

Bespin Bart
Hmm.

I will use Duck, Power Attack, and Feint.

Digi
Ok, two vibro-blades:

Twin Weapons
Dodge & Weave
Assault

REXXXX
I had hoped to hear from Vera, but let's move along and introduce Tilulla to combat. I suggest reviewing the rules for combat in the Main Rules thread, but I will give a curt briefing.

When big fights occur, they are handled in what is known as 'Combat Time.' Combat Time is taken in turns, with one side fighting the other. You get an action per turn, and who gets their turn first is determined by Initiative, which is determined by rolling a die to see what side has the higher score.

Scoring hits on your opponent or target is very much like the Observation check that we just did. Every success you roll is a point of damage, and added to the base damage of your weapons. As ever, the more dice you have, the better you are at something. Tilulla and Xeth, being combat-oriented templates, are pretty impressive in a fight. Especially with all their schticks!

In regards to schticks, you are able to use three at a time. Be sure to familiarize yourself with what they all do. Whenever you want to make an extra effort in a fight, you can declare that you want to "tap" a schtick. Once a schtick is tapped, its effects stop working and you must swap it out for another, or for nothing. It will be refreshed again when an Ace is drawn (a card is drawn every turn to see when the Refresh happens) or at the end of combat.

You can declare the use of a Force power at any time. Just remember that normally you must make your pool last the entire story. For this fight, feel free to blow it all.

-----

JEDI SPARRING, Start of Turn 1

Practice Room

Xeth (C10): 3/0 (6F)
Vibro-Pike

Tilulla (C12): 3(1A)/0 (5F)
Vibro-Swords

----

For reference, here is what everything means:

Name (Dice Pool): Defense(Modifier)/Damage (Force Points)
Weapon

For Tilulla, her dice pool is Agility 4 + Combat 4 = 8. Using Twin Weapons gives her +2 and Assault gives her +4, but since schticks don't stack, she gets the +4 and pushes her pool up to 12. Then, she gets +2 Defense from Twin Weapons and +1 Defense and +1 Armor from Dodge & Weave. She takes the higher Defense boost but also gets Armor (which reduces damage)! Nifty.

Her vibro-swords have a base damage of 3*.

REXXXX
Geez, I hope that's not overwhelming. Feel free to ask questions, Digi. I can also give you a break down on Xeth's schticks and the like, if it helps. Otherwise, everything is in the Main Rules thread.

In honor of welcoming a new player, I'll go ahead and give you Initiative. Tilulla attacks before Xeth does.

Bespin Bart
Xeth waits patiently for Tilulla to make her attack, flourishing his vibro-pike in a salute to kick things off.

"Ready when you are," Xeth says.

Digi
Ok, I doubt I have everything straight, but here goes...

If we're tapping Force powers, I'd like to use my Swiftness Mastery for "Evade" when Xeth first strikes.

I attack. Now, you already gave the rundown of my stats after my schticks. Assuming I don't want to tap any of them, I can just say "I attack," right? I don't have to make 1 of the 3 active or anything, since all 3 are already active. However, I'd like to tap Assault this turn.

Assault (Barehanded or Armed)
TAP: Re-roll all your attack dice that failed to socre a success this turn.

SWIFTNESS
MASTERY POWERS:
Evade: Use when being targeted by an enemy. His attack pool is halved (before Defence) this turn

Bespin Bart
Yep, looks like right to me!

When Tilulla comes at Xeth, he does his best to fend her off with his pike, then tries to snap the sharp point of his weapon across her midriff.

REXXXX
Before I process your moves, I will give Digi a brief moment to look at his.

So no, you do not need to tell me which of the three schticks you have loaded in are active; however, you can choose to have schticks be inactive without swapping them out.

The reason I say this is because when Twin Weapons is active, one of its rules is that you cannot tap anything else you have in. So, you can choose to hold off on tapping Assault... or... you can tell me that you want Twin Weapons inactive for a moment. You lose the Defense it provides, but since you're using a defensive Force power, that might not be too bad!

Also- after this turn, BB and Digi, please declare all Force power uses via PM.

Digi
Ah, right, I knew about the TW stipulation but had forgotten. Yes, I'd like it inactive and would like to tap Assault. I was tapping it anyway because it doesn't stack great with TW, so it'll work out this way.

REXXXX
There we go! And so Tilulla comes at Xeth with swords raised in a vicious assault! She has a pool of 12, but it is reduced to 9 by Xeth's Defense. She rolls only two successes... but Assault's tap allows her to re-roll the 7 dice that didn't show a 5 or 6. She gets an extra four successes this way, for a total of six! Added to her swords' base damage, she gets Xeth for nine damage. Feel free to describe how that went, Digi!

Xeth goes for a standard attack here. Because Tilulla used Assault, he gets his pool raised to 12 dice. However, when he goes to make his hit, Tilulla blurs to one side with Evade! His pool is halved to 6 dice, and in those dice, he gains... no successes. However, he gets +3 dice from the stipulations of Feint, and gets a success there. With Power Attack, Xeth's polearm gets +2 damage, for a base of 5, for 6 damage to Tilulla! Which is then reduced to 5 damage by her Armor rating.

-----

JEDI SPARRING, Start of Turn 2

Practice Room

Xeth (C10): 3(in CC)/9 (6F)
Vibro-Pike

Tilulla (C10): 3(1A)/5 AS DW] (4F)
Vibro-Swords

----

Good first turn, guys! Keep it going.

Remember- if you want to use a Force power or tap something, PM me.

This is also the time, at the start of your move, to swap out your schticks and replace them with new ones. Only one swap per turn.

Digi
Quick question, how many Force points did my use last turn take up, and how many do I have left?

Peach
It's listed at the end of your list of powers and everything in parentheses; yours says (4F) so you have four points left. Unless otherwise specified, using a Force power uses one point.

Digi
Ok thanks.

----

Ti sprints toward Xeth, her twin blades converging like the jaws of a wolf. Xeth manages to raise his pike to parry them, but Ti pivots her right foot to allow the forward momentum to whirl her around in a low kick. This connects with Xeth's knees, staggering him but not bringing him to the ground. The maneuver does allow her to take advantage of Xeth's imbalance and score a hit to his midsection, doing considerable damage. Underestimating his skill with the pike, Ti overextends her attack and comes within range of the pike, taking a counter-blow. Still, she has the better of the opening exchange.

---

Switching out Assault for Focused Blow. Twin Weapons will be active, therefore no other Schticks will this turn.

Xeth, most fights will not allow for such crazy use of Force powers. I've used one so far and you've used zero. To make this more "authentic" I propose we stop using Force powers at this point, except you get to use one to match the one I've already used. Sound fair? If not, I could amend the proposal to 2 force points a piece?

Bespin Bart
Fair enough! One apiece it is.

Xeth backsteps to give himself some room after his counter and Tilulla's vicious opening strike. The tear to his robes across his front is a good one, and Xeth is already impressed.

"Let's see if you can keep that up," Xeth says, smiling. He comes at Tilulla with a jab, intending to feint and sweep her off her feet.

REXXXX
Initiative roll is made... Ti gets a 3, Xeth a 2. Tilulla goes first again.

As Xeth backsteps, Ti gives him no quarter. 10 dice is dropped to 7 by Xeth's Defense, and she rolls a success for 4 damage. However, she taps Twin Weapons and smacks him with her second sword for another 4 damage! 8 all told.

Xeth decides to use his Force point to get some breathing room! Just before he makes his jab, Xeth snaps a hand forward and uses Combat Push, rolling 2 successes on 5 dice (his Force Attack rating minus Ti's Defense and Force Defense). This gives him a +2 dice bonus to his follow-up melee attack as Ti is knocked sharply backwards a few steps.

On Xeth's melee attack, he gets 9 dice. The first die he rolls is a 1, so he gets another +3 thanks to Feint, which he then taps! This means 4s count as successes for his attack. Six successes there, meaning a total of 11 damage to Ti!

-----

JEDI SPARRING, Start of Turn 3

Practice Room

Xeth (C10): 3/17 FT] (5F)
Vibro-Pike

Tilulla (C10): 2(1A)/16 TW FB DW] AS] (4F)
Vibro-Swords

----

Xeth came out on top that round, but Ti is still winning.

Bespin Bart
Xeth swaps Feint out for Dodge and Weave, then presses in his attack on Ti after he knocks her back with the Force and gives her a jolt with his electro-pike (not vibro, sorry Rex) to the leg.

"For a moment I was worried that wouldn't work!" Xeth quips before he tries to jab Tilulla in the chest with his staff.

Digi
Swapping Twin Weapons for Feint, so I have Feint, Focused Blow, and Dodge & Weave up.

-

"Don't worry, you'll have plenty of other opportunities for your attacks to fail," I say, smiling. One of the vibro-swords appears loose from the exchange. I toss it aside and renew the attack with one.

REXXXX
Tilulla gets Initiative again!

She finds that the bug has tapped Dodge & Weave to up his Defense to 6 and Armor to 5, leaving her with two dice. She scores a success for... one point of damage, the minimum it can be reduced to.

Xeth then performs a simple strike back, getting three successes for 7 damage.

-----

JEDI SPARRING, Start of Turn 4

Practice Room

Xeth (C10): 3/18 DW] FT] (5F)
Electro-Pike

Tilulla (C8): 2(1A)/23 TW AS] (4F)
Vibro-Swords

----

Digi
blah.

Digi
Ok, question time while I think: if I tap a schtick at this point, the others are still active, right? And they can stack at this point too, yes? Like the extra dice that feint can proc, could contribute to a stun from focused blow. Obviously this works both ways, I'm just making sure I understand it correctly.

REXXXX
Yes, you've got it right. All active schticks stack, even the tap effect when used.

Bespin Bart
Xeth twirls his electro-staff idly after having backed off some as Tilulla considers her options. He has a sly grin on his face.

"Come on, I know you can do better than that," Xeth says.

Digi
Ti emits a low growl and moves in methodically.

-

Before I finalize my schticks and whatnot, we're playing to 40 damage?

REXXXX
If you like. I was going to play to 50. Both of you, having a Strength of 4, have a damage capacity of 60.

Digi
No, I wasn't suggesting 40, just clarifying. Whatever you feel is appropriate. I'm just trying to gauge how long I need to make my schticks last.

And we can retroactively tap some schticks after a turn, yes?

--

I tapped nothing last turn, so I am keeping the same 3 abilities.

REXXXX
All taps must be declared before a turn. There are some Force powers that can be declared retroactively, though.

REXXXX
Oops, realized this wasn't actually updated. Everyone good with their moves?

Digi
Yup

Vera21
Vera-Kin sees the man at the table and steps into the room.

"Hello," she says. "I am Jedi Master Vera-Kin. Who do I have the honor of addressing?"

She is going to Scan this man at the table.

Bespin Bart
Swap Dodge & Weave out for Assault, please.

Xeth strikes as Tilulla closes in by using her momentum against her, flipping her over his back with his feet and jolting her with the pike.

REXXXX
Carrying on with the fight, Xeth wins initiative for the first time. And he's decided not to play nice. He makes his attack on Ti a bit of a doozy- he taps Power Attack to get extra dice and Assault to give him re-rolls on failed dice. Ti can at least be glad that she's fighting it with a D&W tap, cutting Xeth down to 6 dice.

He rolls three 5s and three failures... then re-rolls the failures to show three 6s. This means that he hits Tilulla for 11 damage... or would if she wasn't working with 5 points of Armor from her tap too. She takes 6 damage only.

Tapping Power Attack against Tilulla means she takes Knockback and loses her action for the turn. Still, good defensive play by the newcomer.

-----

JEDI SPARRING, Start of Turn 5

Practice Room

Xeth (C8): 3/18 PA AS] DW FT] (5F)
Electro-Pike

Tilulla (C8): 1/29 DW] TW AS] (4F)
Vibro-Swords

----

REXXXX
The man lifts his head as you enter the room, Vera. He has a hardened face and cold eyes- the look of a killer. He has the scars to show it, too; a nasty cut across one cheek, an old wound. There is another wound on his face, this one fresher- a blaster burn.

"Horus Navir," the man introduces himself. "Gralus told me you were being brought in."

"Our friend here has gotten himself into some trouble that we think you can help him out of," Gralus explains.

Digi
Oooh, you can tap more than 1 at a time. This is good, I'm picking something up pretty much every turn.

REXXXX
That you can! You can tap all three if you really feel like it. But you can only refresh two at a time, when the Refresh comes.

Digi
Alright, I swap Dodge & Weave for Whirling Strike.

Bespin Bart
Xeth will swap Power Attack for Whirling Strike himself, meeting Tilulla blow for blow with his electro-staff, trying to catch her sword with the shaft of his weapon.

"Where did you learn to fight?" Xeth asks.

REXXXX
4 for Tilulla and 5 for Xeth, meaning the bug takes it. He hits with three successes for 6 damage on Tilulla, less now that he is no longer running Power Attack. However, he then taps Whirling Strike! After Xeth lands a few blows, he suddenly flips back and away from Tilulla before she can land her attack.

Tilulla will have to spend her action moving in instead of attacking, but her schticks go untapped.

-----

JEDI SPARRING, Start of Turn 6

Practice Room

Xeth (C8): 3/18 WS AS] WS DW FT] (5F)
Electro-Pike

Tilulla (C10): 1/35 DW TW AS] (4F)
Vibro-Swords

----

Still no sign of a Refresh, and Xeth has developed a fair lead by tapping... pretty much everything in his inventory.

Digi
God damnit. I was planning to do the same thing to Xeth next turn.

Um, I'd like to not move this turn to attack. Can I do that? Make him come to me and waste a turn while we wait for a refresh card.

Bespin Bart
Xeth is not so keen to wait as Tilulla. When he sees that his opponent might be hesitating, he takes the opportunity to toss his electro-staff aside and use Pull to tug his sonic blaster to him from the weapons rack.

"Not every opponent will be so honorable as a Jedi Knight," Xeth says as his sonic blaster whines as the charge builds. "Allow me to demonstrate."

Swap Whirling Strike out for Close Quarters Gunman.

(Also, fun little tip... you'd actually be at an advantage right now because Xeth has so much stuff tapped out. Just something to consider. Especially because I'm pulling a cheap shot move, which takes my turn, so I can't fight back.)

Vera21
Vera-Kin is concerned by the man's burns.

"How can I be of service, Horus?" she asks, seating herself opposite him. She looks very small in the chair designed for the humans of Taloraan. "It must be something dire for you to have sustained a burn like the one on your face."

REXXXX
I will give Digi a chance to respond to Xeth's sudden change of tactics.

-

"It is," Horus says gravely. "I'm a wanted man, Master Jedi. Marked by the very people who employed me. I come to you hoping that I can be protected, and I do not do so lightly. I'm a trained soldier, I should not need protecting."

Digi
Originally posted by Bespin Bart
Xeth is not so keen to wait as Tilulla. When he sees that his opponent might be hesitating, he takes the opportunity to toss his electro-staff aside and use Pull to tug his sonic blaster to him from the weapons rack.

"Not every opponent will be so honorable as a Jedi Knight," Xeth says as his sonic blaster whines as the charge builds. "Allow me to demonstrate."

Swap Whirling Strike out for Close Quarters Gunman.

(Also, fun little tip... you'd actually be at an advantage right now because Xeth has so much stuff tapped out. Just something to consider. Especially because I'm pulling a cheap shot move, which takes my turn, so I can't fight back.)

Well thanks. I was aware that I'm at an advantage currently, and planned on using it. But I'm so far down that it may not matter. But my early game tactics would have changed with what I know now, so I hope it means I'm learning. Either that, or I just have different mistakes to look forward to.

embarrasment

Un momento while I figure out what's going on. I'll talk to Rexx in an hour or so.

Digi
Ti's eyes have narrowed by this point, and frustration is evident on her face. "Not my best fight. You're good," she says darkly, and charges in once again.

REXXXX
Tilulla gets Initiative and goes after Xeth! She makes use of a Feint tap; however, I am ruling that Focused Blow goes untapped, as it has no added effect against Xeth, who has no Armor or Parry rating. She rolls seven dice and gets Xeth for 7 damage.

Xeth opens fire! He has a dice pool of eleven for this and hits Tilulla with six success for 9 damage.

-----

JEDI SPARRING, Start of Turn 7

Practice Room

Xeth (G12): 3(CC)/25 AS] WS PA DW FT] (5F)
Electro-Pike

Tilulla (C10): 1/44 FT FB WS] DW TW AS] (4F)
Vibro-Swords

----

And... the Refresh shows up!

Digi
Oh, ok, I tapped Focused Blow mostly to figure out what it actually does. Thanks for the concession.

So with the refresh I can reactivate 2 powers that I had previously tapped, right?

REXXXX
Yes. That, and only if they are swapped out (in the brackets to the right).

Digi
K, I swap in Dodge & Weave and Assault from the refresh.

Bespin Bart
You can only do one at a time, Digi. wink What are you swapping out for whatever you decide to swap in?

Xeth will refresh Power Attack and Feint. Swap out Assault for Feint.

Digi
Weak. Ok, I refresh those listed above and I swap in D&W for Feint. Rexx, my latest PM still stands.

Bespin Bart
Xeth gets in close despite using his ranged weapon and tries to knock Ti off her feet with its concussive blast.

Digi
Clearly frustrated, though not yet flustered, I sense the fight reaching its end and begin to defend myself much more thoroughly. The offensive attacks have mostly failed, and I'm looking to get whatever strikes in that I can, and hope for a few lucky breaks.

Originally posted by Digi
Weak. Ok, I refresh those listed above and I swap in D&W for Feint. Rexx, my latest PM still stands.

Bumping this so it doesn't get lost.

REXXXX
Tilulla gets initiative! She goes after Xeth, who was anticipating trouble and tapped Close Quarters Gunman. On five dice she gets just one success- 4 damage to Xeth.

Xeth has D&W tapped against him in return, but CQG boosts his pool up to 15 dice, reduced to 9 by Ti's tapped defense. She can scoff as he hits for 6 damage to end the match, but it then gets reduced to 1.

-----

JEDI SPARRING, Start of Turn 8

Practice Room

Xeth (G8): 1/29 CG] WS PA DW AS] (5F)

Tilulla (C10): 1/45 DW FB WS] FT TW] (4F)
Vibro-Swords

----

Digi
Ti smiles, but only briefly, as the wild offensive maneuver from Xeth fails. She's still losing, and knows it.

Swapping in Assault for D&W.

Bespin Bart
Xeth tosses down his blaster and goes barehanded, trying to get Tilulla to go to ground.

Swap Close Quarters for Power Attack.

Vera21
"Who were you employed by?" Vera-Kin asks.

REXXXX
"The Techno Union," Navir says. "I was a hired gun for escorting sales to the outer regions. I did my job well, never had any trouble." His face becomes tense. "At least not until Respite. I don't know WHY they sent us THERE. That place is a warzone!"

-

Initiative roll... is a tie! As it is player vs. player, that normally means it goes to the Light Side, but you both are! Instead, I re-roll... and it goes Tilulla! The Force is strong with this one...

Tilulla swipes at Xeth with one of her swords and gets a glancing hit with one success... but she gets to re-roll with her Assault tap. Six successes total instead! Xeth takes 9 damage. Then, Tilulla retreats with a Whirling Strike tap! She is drawing this one out.

-----

JEDI SPARRING, Start of Turn 9

Practice Room

Xeth (C8): 1/38 WS CG DW AS] (5F) (one turn behind)

Tilulla (C8): 1/45 AS WS] DW FT TW] (4F)
Vibro-Swords

----

Xeth can have a turn in hand and his schticks untapped.

Digi
Ti throws her arms out in a seemingly random series of motions, intended to confuse and disorient Xeth. Her momentum forward, the maneuver works and she smacks Xeth across the side, then again in the chest. Still reeling, Xeth hesitates and allows Ti to jump backwards and avoid direct attack.

I smile, but it is a labored smile. I'm tired, and hurting. I beckon Xeth forward with my sword and prepare to meet him.

Vera21
"Respite?" Vera-Kin asks. "What happened there?"

Does Vera-Kin know where or what that is?

Bespin Bart
Xeth kicks himself mentally for allowing Tilulla her respite (haha) with his hesitation. Instead of going after her barehanded, he uses the Force to pull his electro-staff to him once more. Then, he closes the gap with her, intending to bring the fight to a close.

REXXXX
Xeth re-arms once Tilulla backs off and then approaches! Tilulla gets initiative yet again and attacks once he is in range. She can be pleased with the three successes she got all being 6s for 6 damage to Xeth, and he is Stunned.

He attacks back with five dice (having tapped Power Attack for extra dice). He only needs one success to seal the deal, and having tapped Feint, he gets three. Xeth can describe how he finishes the sparring match with him as the victor!

Not bad for a newcomer, Digi. Tilulla being a Freelancer makes you quite the fighter.

-

Respite is just outside of Republic space- in fact, used to be represented in the Senate. It formerly provided a relaxing vacation experience to Republic soldiers traumatized in wars. Now it is a war-torn wasteland thanks to the escalation of skirmishes over medical supplies to full-scale combat between petty crimelords.

The situation there is so bad that surrounding worlds actually worked together to strip Respite of its space travel capabilities and keep the crimelords contained.

"We were to meet with a 'potential customer' on Respite," Navir says. "Turned out to be one of the war-mongerers. We were ambushed and they stole the entire shipment. They killed everyone!"

Digi
Wait, so he got stunned but still attacked back? How does that work? Not trying to lengthen the match, just curious.

REXXXX
Stunning does not prevent an attack from happening. What it does is cuts your opponent's dice pool in half for one turn. Sometimes that can be crippling.

It is Knockback that loses you a turn.

Digi
Gotcha. Nice match Bart.

happy

----

Ti grunts as she hits the ground and her weapon falls loose. She turns, stands up quickly, and growls as she walks off into the next room. Once inside, she takes a slow, deep breath, punches a nearby wall as hard as possible, and walks back into the training room.

"Good fight. We'll have to do it again sometime." She isn't smiling, but there's no venom in her voice.

---

Should I be writing in the first person, or third? It's been bothering me since we started, and I can't seem to find solace in either one. And the English teacher in me is screaming at switching back and forth like I've been doing.

Jedireaper
Originally posted by Digi
Should I be writing in the first person, or third? It's been bothering me since we started, and I can't seem to find solace in either one. And the English teacher in me is screaming at switching back and forth like I've been doing. It's what I have been doing myself. I swap from "Denzral smiled" to "Denzral smiles" and more often "I smile". It really does depend on my mood, and the kind of situation. Sometimes it is easier in first person, sometimes more appropriate in third. It really does depend on your preferred method.

Bespin Bart
Yeah, definitely!

-

Xeth finally brings Tilulla down with a nonlethal jolt to her leg. She tumbles and drops her weapons and he stands over her in triumph, but immediately withdraws. He lets her vent for a moment before returning, and he has put away his staff already.

"We will," Xeth says. "Always good to keep each other on our toes! You're an impressive fighter, and it is not often that you will go into melee against someone so skilled as ourselves, not to mention that you're more likely to have your lightsaber out in such a confrontration."

Xeth calls his lightsaber and blaster to him with the Force- one of the few tricks he is decent with besides his acrobatics- and then also his grenade launcher and holster set-up. He straps his weapons into the holster pack.

"We should rest up before we retrieve Master Vera-Kin from Taloraan," Xeth says. "She is investigating a lead on the mission I've recruited you for."

REXXXX
I always write third-person present, myself.

All damage from this fight was superficial. Consider yourselves fully healed! For future reference (mostly for Digi's benefit), after combat you usually get a healing period, where you apply your Medicine score to remove damage. There are certain ways to get multipliers for them that can be found in the Main Rules under 'Treatment.'

Digi
What weapons are in the room Xeth/Rexx? I see Xeth grabbed some stuff to load himself up. And I'm not leaving the room empty-handed either.

REXXXX
It is generally assumed that your character carries weapons relevant to their skills, i.e. your lightsaber. You can choose to use those twin swords whenever, and a blaster.

The weapon charts are also in the Main Rules. All have their own perks.

Vera21
"How did you get away if they killed everyone?" Vera-Kin asks.

REXXXX
"The Techno Union vessel had landed on the surface," he says. "I stole a shuttle to make my getaway. It took me days to get to a nearby world on my sublight thrusters and..."

Gralus cuts him off.

"We think it was no oversight by Navir's employers that the sales team was ambushed on Respite by one of the warlords," Gralus says. "If we keep with Xeth's theory that the Techno Union is looking for testing grounds, then Respite would serve perfectly. There are already skirmishes ongoing. The battle droids would just escalate things.

"Additionally... Navir, tell her what happened when you got back to the Union."

Navir shakes his head. "They sent me packing for my failure and returned my ship to me. All fine and dandy, but the hyperdrive on my ship malfunctioned and nearly ripped my ship apart in an asteroid field. Another close call with death."

Bespin Bart
What Rex said about weapons. If you have the skill you can use whatever. Xeth has Lightsaber, Guns, Combat, and Heavy Weapons, after all.

Digi
Alright, I take two new vibro-blades, a blaster, a bowcaster, and a rocket launcher. I can't use the latter, but it may have other uses.

I follow Xeth. Though I stop if we're about to leave the planet. I have business to attend to at my ship if I'm not to be taking it with me (which I don't think I can, as I don't have Pilot skill yet).

REXXXX
Technically Tilulla can still fire a rocket launcher. It is rolled off of your Dexterity stat and successes only happen on 6s. Additionally, what kind of blaster? A bowcaster counts as one (a Targeting Rifle with a base damage of 3* and a +2 bonus to your pool). Did you want something in the way of pistols?

Feel free to visit your ship. I need Vera-Kin to get through her interview with Navir before we can really get going.

Digi
Quite right. A light blaster in addition to the "Targeting Rifle", and thanks for asking me to clarify.

-

I head toward my ship, the Steady Shot, where I leave my newfound supplies and touch base with G8-TR ("Gator"wink.

"Gator, I've got something you can do for me before you go into standby for the night." He chirps contentedly. "See if you can get into contact with the man I mentioned earlier, and send along this message." I pull out a small chip and insert it into a data uploading port in the ship's main array. "Save any message he sends back, and let him know I'll be in touch with him again soon."

Upon leaving these instructions, I head back toward the base, in search of a quick bite to eat and some sleep.

REXXXX
No worries. Keep in mind that Ush may only allow you to take one blaster weapon in his games. For now, I don't mind. You are going into dangerous territory.

-

Gator forwards the message successfully.

Vera21
"You suspect that this was no accident," Vera-Kin says, catching on to the suspicious ways of these people. "Any of it. Meaning that the Techno Union wanted the warlords of Respite to have the battle droids for free? Seems unlikely that they'd want to leave any profit unturned."

REXXXX
"We have many agents working for us, Master Vera-Kin," Gralus explains. "Xeth and his allies are some of our best but they cannot do everything. However, in the year prior to Xeth's confrontation with Ryamore, many of our agents died through technological 'accidents' when Techno Union parts were found to be 'faulty.'

"Additionally, we think that the Union wanted only ONE warlord to have the droids."

Gralus uses a small display on the table to show a hologram of a tough man with his hair styled into a mohawk, wearing bandoleers, an ammo vest, and glare goggles. His arms are crossed and he is sneering in typical villain fashion.

"This one."

-

In the mean time, Ti and Xeth must prepare! And Vera-Kin too, if she so desires.

Respite is an uninviting world of killers and decay, a hollow shell of its former beauty. If you want to bring specific equipment or make use of certain Merits, do so now!

Vera21
Vera-Kin will have gotten in touch with good old Barker, if she can. Should we bring our astromech droids, Xeth and Ti?

-

"Who is he?" Vera-Kin asks, seeing the face of what she assumes to be her future enemy.

REXXXX
Yes you can.

I will give you the name tomorrow when I can access my notes. Until then, Gralus will give you his background.

"He is one of the three major warlords on Respite," Gralus says. "And until now, he was losing."

Vera21
"How come?"

REXXXX
"Tarvik's greatest problem is his lack of manpower," Gralus elaborates. "He's been losing a lot of men in combat. He has also lost their minds; they don't follow his ideals any more. Either they have fallen subject to the persuasive religious antics of Elder Malteen, another warlord, or they have their eye on some of the nifty tech that the Biker Wazo brought with him."

Two more people appear beside Tarvik- a nimble nervous guy with a racing helmet (the Biker Wazo), and a towering dark-skinned male holding a pair of machetes (the Elder Malteen).

Digi
I wake up from my rest (?) in the facility and begin to search for Xeth. Knowing that he's a bit more knowledgeable in the field, I'll defer to him on equipment, and will bring whatever he decides is appropriate for the situation.

-

I'd like to bring my astromech. I need him to relay messages between me and my earlier contact, even if he doesn't trail us on every step of the mission. I assume Xeth and I are taking some kind of larger ship together? My character can't currently fly her own ship ( embarrasment ).

Vera21
Xeth's got a ship we'll all ride in called the Nexu's Grin, pretty well known amongst the players. Room for plenty! smile

Vera-Kin ponders this. "He won't have any trouble with battle droids straying from his orders. And they're not quite as fleshy as his minions. How many battle droids were in that shipment, Navir?"

Bespin Bart
Xeth is going to bring R3-U9 as well. Astromech droids are always very, very handy.

And Tilulla is more than welcome aboard the Nexu's Grin!

REXXXX
Two astromechs and a Wookiee get on a starship...

Any requests on equipment, Xeth?

-

"Hundreds," Navir says. "Mark II types and... variants on that model."

Digi
Also, I bring all of my weapons, though that's probably assumed.

If Xeth doesn't specify anything, or even if he does, I'd like to bring 3 gasmasks and a large tub of water.

Bespin Bart
Gasmasks, great idea.

Xeth's got his gear. I'm also thinking grenades and flashbangs. Wouldn't hurt to have a few spare blasters on hand. Synthrope and grappling hooks. Maybe body armor?

Vera21
Vera, for continuity's sake, will ask what the Mark IIs are and then ask about the variants...

Digi
Originally posted by Bespin Bart
Gasmasks, great idea.

Xeth's got his gear. I'm also thinking grenades and flashbangs. Wouldn't hurt to have a few spare blasters on hand. Synthrope and grappling hooks. Maybe body armor?

Sounds good. Same for me.

REXXXX
Navir will tell you what he can about them, but he is no technician.

The Mark IIs (as you already know) are the Super Battle Droids that made their film debut at the Battle of Geonosis- better armored, better armed, better designed.

Then, there are two types of variants. Both are based upon pre-existing droids. The first is the flamethrower droid, simply the original Mark I battle droid re-equipped with flamethrowers. The second is the rocket droid, a test version of the Mark II with an arm-mounted, chain-fed rocket launcher.

"There are only a handful of these," Navir says. "Both are experimental. And then there's the BIG one..."

Vera21
Vera-Kin raises an eyebrow.

"The BIG one?" Vera asks.

REXXXX
"I never got to see it," Navir says, "so I don't know what it does. It was in a really big crate..."

-

It seems Xeth and Tilulla are ready to go. R3-U9 gets the Nexu's Grin warming up for journey ahead as they pack the supplies they need.

Any final preparations before the flight to Respite?

Digi
Tilulla walks toward her ship to gather her supplies, slips in and opens a channel to G8-TR. "Come on, Gator, you're coming with me. Make sure you have the ship's communications info stored so that you can check our channel for messages from the ship we're transferring to. Go ahead and head over. The ship is the Nexu's Grin. I'll be along in a minute." Gator weedles off toward Xeth's compound and ship.

With that, I close the communications array and settle into my pilot's chair, drop my pants, and work myself into climax over the next five minutes or so. Donning my pants again, I set the ship's security measures, exit the ship and stretch out. "Ah! Needed that," I sigh to no one in particular. My steps somewhat lighter, I head toward the Nexu's Grin.

-

On an unofficial note, I'm not just doing things like the above simply for the sake of it. It's believably in-character, especially because she's Zeltron, and I intend to fully explore that aspect of her personality, consistent with statements like these from the EU:
"All Zeltrons are obsessed with romance. When they cannot love, they fight. Both are sports to them. Coupled with their love of gambling, it makes one Zeltron in the grip of enthusiasm a formidable enemy. A pack of adolescents is virtually a force of nature."

...I think such an approach fits Ti's character well, matching with her template and occupation.

-

No more prep, Rexx. I or Xeth already listed everything we want with us. Let's do this.

Vera21
Vera-Kin nods, storing a mental note that there may be some sort of particularly deadly battle droid waiting for them on Respite.

"So what is our purpose on Respite, then?" Vera-Kin says. "Will you be giving Navir asylum here on Taloraan?"

Bespin Bart
Xeth will have R3-U9 all hooked in and power up the Nexu's Grin for the journey. When his new ally and her astromech droid approach, he lowers the side-hatch and welcomes her aboard.

"Supplies all packed, just need my new passengers," Xeth says, offering a hand. "Welcome aboard the Nexu's Grin."

The Nexu's Grin itself is a heavily modified Geonosian craft. Xeth pilots it from a bubble-windowed cockpit on top while passengers and his R3 unit hang out in the 'social room.' There is also a forward facing turret in addition to the four blaster cannons and torpedo tube that it packs.

"Make yourself cozy and we'll be on our way," Xeth says before climbing up to the cockpit.

REXXXX
I... was not expecting that, Digi. Bonus points for rationalizing it and entering new territory for our Star Wars RP.

With everything stowed, the astromech droids secured, and the ship ready, you leave Uridia III behind to rendezvous with Vera-Kin and her Wookiee companion on Taloraan. By the time you arrive, she has finished her conversation with Gralus and Navir.

In regards to your purpose on Respite, Gralus tells you this:

"First off, it is pretty apparent that the Techno Union wants to see how these newer battle droids fair in a situation like Respite's. Also, Tarnik could cause way more trouble with those droids than simply take over Respite. We want that testing bed squashed and those droids dismantled. Take the toys away from the bully.

"Second, and most important, is that we need to implicate the Union in this somehow. It's already questionable that they sent a sales team to a place like Respite. Find a way to pin this on the Union as a deliberate action. A confession from Tarnik, a recorded message, whatever you can find. It won't do a lot of damage to the Union, but every little piece helps us unravel their conspiracy one step at a time."

About Navir finding asylum:

"Are you kidding?" Navir says. "I'm a soldier, lady. I only came to you guys because I was in over my head. If you're diving back into Respite's mess, I'm coming too, and I'm bringing bigger toys."

And so it is that when the Nexu's Grin sets down on a landing pad, the diminutive Vera-Kin is flanked by Barker the Wookiee and Navir the Mercenary, both tall and intimidating figures who are heavily armed.

Digi
Excellent, NPC cannon fodder friends.

evil face

-

I will flank Xeth and let him initiate the interaction with our friends.

Also, I checked Xeth's ship for hidden alcohol stores while we were in flight. Rexx, any success?

REXXXX
I am certain that our boozey Zeltron can find whatever stash Xeth keeps, if any. I would be surprised if there wasn't, considering a recent event in which Xeth got so high that he learned to wall run...

Digi
Hm, ok. Xeth, do you have alcohol on the ship? Mind you, if there is any, I am not consuming it during our trip. I can't show up trashed in front of Vera and friends. That would be unprofessional. I'm waiting to share it with them, so we can all have fun.

happy

Bespin Bart
Sure! Getting sloshed will ease up the impending sense of doom that we start to feel as we descend onto a world of mayhem and death. stick out tongue I'm sure Xeth's got a bottle of Flaming Wookiee somewhere on-board...

When Xeth arrives, he steps out onto the hull of his ship but does not jump down.

"Hello, Master Vera-Kin," Xeth says. "I see you've brought friends."

Vera21
"That I have," Vera-Kin says. "This is Barker, a Wookiee warrior that I have befriended in my travels. And this is Horus Navir, the mercenary that clued us in about the Union's supposed mishap on Respite. They will help us sort out the situation there."

Vera-Kin will fill in Xeth about the warlords and what happened with the droid shipment that the Union advertised there.

Digi
I bow as Vera-Kin approaches. "Master," I intone respectfully.

"Wookie," I say, slightly more sarcastically once he's passed. "Other guy," raising one eyebrow as Horus approaches.

Bespin Bart
Xeth is excited at the prospect of his theory about the Union looking for new testing grounds being correct, though he understands that he should not be thrilled that the conspiracy is real.

"This is Tilulla Rynn, a new addition to the Investigation Force," Xeth says, introducing the Zeltron beside him. "She'll be helping us with the 'dismantling' part of this mission."

He turns his attention to Horus. "So, Mr. Navir, you wish to help us bust your former employers. Why?"

REXXXX
Horus is not quite paying attention to you, Xeth. He is ogling Tilulla, and he steps forward and takes her hand.

"My oh my oh my, what have we here?" he says.

The Wookiee, meanwhile, growls an amiable "Hello."

Digi
"Hello there yourself," I say as I smirk at him, trying to repress a chuckle. I allow my hand to be kissed gently, then duck underneath it while holding onto it and using the momentum to spin Horus around. I then push him roughly toward the ship. "On you go, then!"

"And hello to you as well," I say slyly, winking at Barker.

"Master Vera," I return to a serious tone, "A pleasure. Xeth's given me the background info, and I'm honored to be working with you."

Bespin Bart
Xeth shakes his head as Navir tries to make a pass at Tilulla.

"Expected, I suppose," Xeth says. "You ARE a Zeltron, after all."

Vera21
Vera-Kin offers Tilulla a nod. Despite being of mind to pursue her own path as a Jedi Master and wander the Galaxy, Vera-Kin does not agree with Tilulla's apparently flirtatious nature, though she knows it is only natural for the Zeltron.

"Tilulla," Vera-Kin says. "Xeth mentioned he was recruiting a new member specifically for this mission. I can only assume he meant you, and that you are quite the fighter."

REXXXX
Navir stumbles toward the ship and seems put out by the maneuver. Barker just kind of shrugs.

Digi
"That I am. Though Xeth already beat me in a training bout, albeit without my lightsaber," I tell Vera-Kin as my hand gently strokes the saber at my side.

"Come on in though, guys. I'll show you where Xeth keeps his liquor," I say as I hop forward and begin to jog into the ship, turning backwards as I enter to beckon them in. "No hard feelings Horus. I can't be a walking Zeltron stereotype, now can I?" I pause, then grin. "Well, not always at least," and disappear into the ship.

Vera21
"Certainly not the Jedi stereotype, anyway," Vera-Kin comments. "I'm certain you were more than a match for Xeth."

Vera-Kin will climb up on Barker's back as he walks inside the ship.

REXXXX
With your short meet-and-greet done, you can be on your way! Gralus Turandi just has a few last words for Xeth and crew before they head off.

"Do not under any circumstances let your ship get taken," Gralus says, "and don't let Tarnik use the one he captured. If he gets off-world with those droids, things will get ugly. The surrounding worlds have done their best to keep profiteers from getting weapons and space-worthy ships to the warlords of Respite. If things get out of hand, there is a contingency in place to handle it. All the planets in the area will send ships to bomb Respite back into the primitive age. Respite doesn't offer the Galaxy much but it would be nothing short of a tragedy if everyone living there was summarily killed because one man was too big for his own boots."

-

You are underway. Respite is solidly in the Outer Rim but away from Hutt Space. With G8 and R3 both hooked in, navigating there couldn't be easier.

Barker spends the flight cleaning his flechette launcher. This is more or less a hefty shotgun that Barker gets a dice bonus with for using at melee range.

Navir, however, keeps trying to hit on Tilulla.

"I see you're strapping," he says, commenting on your pistol. "What model is it?"

REXXXX
Additionally, some errors on my part as far as names from my notes.

The warlord with the battle droids is actually Tarne- your villain for the game.

The cultist warlord is Malteen, as I stated. I got that one right at least.

The biker warlord is known as Wazo Kell. I forgot his last name.

Bespin Bart
Good job buddy...

Xeth is down for drinks aboard the Nexu's Grin on the way to Respite. He'll have mixed himself something classy but not too strong. Can't have Xeth being all drunk when trying to bring peace to a planet.

Digi
Hm. "Peace." Yeah. I have a strong drink, and chat in a pleasant but guarded manner with Horus.

-

Rexx, since I'm clearly a walking red slice of awesome, I'm going to need a physical description for Navir to better determine my course of action. Apologies if it happened earlier and I missed it.

And while I'm at it, Vera, mind giving me the cliffs notes on your character, like we're getting to know each other on the ship? I know a little about you but probably not as much as I should.

-

Midway through the flight, I check in with Gator who punches into the communications systems for the ship. Rexx, do I have any voicemail?

REXXXX
Horus Navir is dark-skinned and decently built, with dark hair cut close to his scalp. He has a cut along his left cheek and a blaster burn across the right side of his neck from his recent escape from Respite. He's not unattractive. And he is, of course, human.

Your contact has sent back a curt message saying he'll look into it.

Digi
Curt? Nobody likes me. sad Well, except for Horus.

"This thing?" I say, gesturing with my light blaster. "It's a D-17. A friend of mine painted the cute guy on the side," referring to the small but elaborate decal painted onto the side in bright tones. "There was supposed to be more of a scene going on, but she didn't get to finish it." I grimace slightly at the memory it dredges up, but only briefly.

"So what can you tell me about Respite that isn't in the official briefing?" I ask after his response to the blaster convo (if there is one).

-

The following is for my own inventory purposes:

Two vibro-blades, a light blaster, a bowcaster, and a rocket launcher, 3 gasmasks, large tub of water, grenades and flashbangs, synthrope and grappling hooks, body armor

REXXXX
Your contact is a busy man; you've never known him to be easy going.

"I like a woman who knows her toys," Navir says, oblivious to your grimace. He pats the assault rifle he is cleaning. "Safe to say I've got a few of my own.

"Respite is a dirty mess. Everything all burnt and grimey from over a century of fighting."

-

As a note- body armor has some side effects. It provides you with an Armor rating, but it reduces your Agility and (for Jedi) Lightsaber pools for every point of armor you wear.

To be fair on Navir and Barker, you have five gas masks. The water will last you easily a month. There are ten grenades and ten flashbangs total.

Vera21
Vera-Kin is the same species as Master Yoda, though far younger. She has her crotchedy old Jedi Master moments but largely her main schtick is that she is filled with wanderlust and always on the go when she is not performing a mission or duty to society. In her youth she was likely like Tilulla, I've decided- unruly, talented with the lightsaber, maybe a bit of combat and blaster action. She spent a long time bringing up her Force power once she began her Renegade wandering.

She has also trained three students- Trogari Besh, Numok Geth, and Nume Rand. The first two are Mentor merits for two of our players- Geth himself is Xeth's Master. Rand fell to the Dark Side and is played by Zink for the Dark Sider game.

She's starting to bring back her combat abilities, starting with her blaster. She carries a small gun that looks like a toy.

-

She comments on that now with Navir.

"I carry this," Vera-Kin says cheekily, drawing the blaster only to show it off. It is tiny enough to fit in her hand and looks a 1950's toy gun. "Like me, do you?"

Digi
I laugh hysterically at the barb from Vera. "It's ok Master. I like you just fine. Fun-sized, yes?" Knowing that this will likely produce another eyeroll from Vera-Kin, I then smile warmly. "But don't worry, consider yourself lucky," as my glance quickly shifts toward Horus (so that he doesn't notice) and I give her an ironic look.

I pour another drink. "I like this mission."

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>