Have You Never Finished Reading A Book?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Alpha-7
I have to admit that I have tried many times to finish The Fourth Protocol by Frederick Forsyth but for some reason I have never been able to.

That ACDC Chick
theres been plenty of books ive just quit reading cause they never kept my attention
like Nick and Norah's Infinate Playlist, all my friends in book club recommended it to me saying it was an awesome book, but it just bored me to tears

Blinky
I've tried to finish Great Expectations many times, like 2 or 3, I've only got like half way done. I've tried very hard to be interested in the story, but I just am not. One day I will finish it.

Currently I am reading the Fountainhead which I very much enjoy, but, seem to be having issues finishing.

BackFire
If a book doesn't immediately grab me then I usually won't finish. The way I see it, I know how important it is to have a good and interesting beginning to a story, and if the author of said book is unable to even make the first 20 pages interesting then that means the rest of the book probably isn't going to magically get better.

Peach
I can pretty much count on one hand the number of times I haven't finished a book.

However, I agree with BF - if it can't grab me and pull me in within the first few chapters, it's probably hopeless.

Hatchet
I have been quite lucky in that there has only been the one book that has beaten me. For some reason I have never been able to get further than 20 pages into Digital Fortress by Dan Brown.

Lincoln Rhyme
Lets see:
The first two Dark Tower novels by Stephen King
Velocity by Dean Koontz
Twilight by Stephenie Meyer
The Sleeping Doll by Jeffery Deaver
2nd Chance by James Patterson

That's it.

Slay
Go Tell it on the Mountain by James Baldwin. Not that it was a horrible book, I actually don't know why I didn't finish it at the time.
Eragon
1984. Also don't really know why I never finished it. Maybe because I tried reading it during the summer.

I also once ventured into reading Ulysses, but I knew beforehand that I was probably never going to finish it.

AbnormalButSane
Anything by Charles Dickens I've tried reading and have been unable to finish: Great Expectations, Tale of Two Cities, Oliver Twist, etc.

I was also unable to finish the first Twilight book.

Many times though, I'll put a book down and start reading another book, but then come back to it months or years later.

That ACDC Chick
i still need to finish the Chronicles of Narnia mhmm
im on like the second or third one

ChocolateCake
Originally posted by That ACDC Chick
i still need to finish the Chronicles of Narnia mhmm
im on like the second or third one

I know a few people who have started to read those and never finished them.

REXXXX
There's been a lot of books that I've put down just because I get distracted.

Lovely Bones and The Road I put down because I was trying to read them both at the same time and one other. Didn't work out.

Twilight I couldn't get through.

ADarksideJedi
Yes if a book is too long and too boring I will stop reading it.A few comes to mind.

Twlight
The one book after the Lord of the Rings(forget name)too hard to read and to understand.

DethRose
I've tried to finish Shogun many times but it's a no-go. Keep getting stuck on this part and can't get past it.

Omega Vision
August 1914 by Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn. I've tried reading it twice and both times petered out 2/3 through the book. Its not a particularly bad book, in fact there are some parts that are rather good. Its just...for the most part I find it dry and plodding.

maham
happens to me almost all the time. especially with an Urdu book.I just can't get myself to read Urdu books!!! sad I don't remember finishing a single one. even the ones with short stories.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.