Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Phanteros
Assasin's creed with multiplayer basically. It picks up right after Assasin's Creed 2, with Ezio returning to reprize his role.

_umJ8WfCWdg
AtxNeXLESoU

The game is set for 16 November 2010

First_Tsurugi06
Getting pretty stoked. I also like the fact that Ezio now has his own "Master Assassin Armor" of sorts. I gotta say, I really don't think they're pulling any strings with giving Ezio's full story a resolution.

E3 trailer
zzNs4-kRLaE

Now is it just me, or does the CG in this look even more impressive than that of AC2's CG trailer (which is saying a lot)?

BloodRain
Agreed. They've managed to improve on it in a short time since AC2.

Curious to how the other assassin's will work when you're playing as Ezio.

Digi
I'm excited for this, but not as much as I'd be for a full-fledged sequel without multiplayer. Everyone wants multiplayer, but I'm not sure why. There's games that are brilliant experiences because they cater to single player only. There's a certain mystique to being a master assassin who doesn't need to always be moving and killing, to taking your time and enjoying the ambiance of the world. The frenetic single-mindedness of multiplayer will strip away some of that. And, storyline extension or not, that's where the focus will be.

But I will still buy this, and I will dominate, because that's how I roll.

cool

ScreamPaste
Did... Did Ezio just throw knives through steel breast plates? confused

BloodRain
He's that good 313

Theres gonna be a more aggressive combat system this time around and more realistic, same goes for the npc's. -from an interview.

jqZlioiBfSc

Same as above but with more commentary.
tZlC_PYtoDo

They're destroying my villa! All that money I put into it >,< well that's one way to start him off with nothing. Defiantly an improvement so far.

menokokoro
dude this looks awesome!

LLLLLink
Awesome! This looks entertaining. What platforms is this going to be on?

Morridini
My Villa!

I didn't really think much about this game when it was announced, it sounded like a tacked on Assassin's Creed 2.5 with multiplayer, but it seems they are doing a good job.

Hopefuly they'll continue the story of Desmond with an AC III soon too though, really want to see where it's going.

BloodRain
PC, 360 and PS3.

This game does continue on with Desmond's story unlike the other sub-titles.

Bladewind
Looks awesome!!! Everybody is complaining about the morph skill in multiplayer but I don't see why.

Mairuzu
Omg they ****ed my city up

Amazing Vrayo!!
Maaan, I'm getting sick of Ezio. I want a no-nonsense badass like Altair again.

Digi
Originally posted by Amazing Vrayo!!

Yeah, stupid protagonist messing up the story by having a personality. The nerve!

stick out tongue

Smasandian
The MP though looks pretty intriguing.

It's essentially a better version of the The Ship. A mod for Half Life 1 and a standalone based on the Source Engine.

It's not going to be deathmatch.

First_Tsurugi06

Don't mistake blandness with badassedness, because Altair was merely the former.

Phanteros
Maaan, I'm getting sick of Ezio. I want a no-nonsense badass like Altair again. You mean you want a bland character over a developed one? That's a first.

§P0oONY
Some of the trailers are fuicking stupid... When did Assasins stop being stealthy?

Mairuzu
Show me those trailers

Morridini

Phanteros
Assassins are simply killers, they are not always stealthy.

RE: Blaxican
Yeah!

Look at Lee Harvey Oswald. ermm

First_Tsurugi06
I've always been pretty hard-pressed to call Assassin's Creed a stealth game in the strictest sense. Even certain points in the game and sub missions that entails a heavy amount of stealth tend to come off more as being a trial-and-error process, and that's only if you really suck at the game. Even calling it a stealth-action game is kind of a stretch imo.

Digi
I think a lot of us assumed more stealth would be involved. I remember realizing I could wade through attackers in the first game, instead of having to look for the perfect kill. They toned it down some in the second game, and improvements to AI should make you even less invincible in Brotherhood. But you're still very, very powerful.

But it's clear the developers wanted it that way, and I don't see it as a flaw. They want their assassins to be badass killers, and they are. I only had a problem with the first game, where you could literally take on an infinite number of foes if you knew the counter system well. This was addressed in the second game...you're still powerful, but not invincible.

Bladewind
Just imagine how the series would have been if they had made it historically correct! Altair and Ezio as sleeperagents!

lil bitchiness
Originally posted by Digi
I'm excited for this, but not as much as I'd be for a full-fledged sequel without multiplayer. Everyone wants multiplayer, but I'm not sure why. There's games that are brilliant experiences because they cater to single player only. There's a certain mystique to being a master assassin who doesn't need to always be moving and killing, to taking your time and enjoying the ambiance of the world. The frenetic single-mindedness of multiplayer will strip away some of that. And, storyline extension or not, that's where the focus will be.

But I will still buy this, and I will dominate, because that's how I roll.

cool

Absolutely, I concur. I'd also really like to see the next one. While Ezio is all well and dandy, my favourite remains Altair and as such, I'm not that excited about MORE story of Ezio.

I use Altair's costume when I'm playing anyway, so it's great since it looks like Altair but it does all these double blade things.

This though, sounds...interesting.

Morridini
I must say, I disregarded Brotherhood as a rushed Assassin's Creed 2.5 with a tacked on multiplayer, until I saw the videoes from E3. The Wanted multiplayer mode sounds really, really cool, and I can't wait to try that one out.

Bladewind
Originally posted by Morridini
I must say, I disregarded Brotherhood as a rushed Assassin's Creed 2.5 with a tacked on multiplayer, until I saw the videoes from E3. The Wanted multiplayer mode sounds really, really cool, and I can't wait to try that one out.

Great minds think alike. stick out tongue

Phanteros
Ezio can now shoot flames from his gauntlet.

BloodRain
His7CgIane0
With part 2 and 3. Faster, more aggressive combat is always good.

Digi
Cool vid, thanks. I like the aspect of managing the guild. Gives it a cool sense of scope and character development, even if it just ends up as a quaint micromanagement mini-game in the grand scheme of the gameplay.

BloodRawEngine
Cool vid, thanks. I like the aspect of managing the guild. Gives it a cool sense of scope and character development, even if it just ends up as a quaint micromanagement mini-game in the grand scheme of the gameplay.

Wouldn't be the first time they did something like that ermm

"A presto, Ezio"

Digi
Originally posted by BloodRawEngine
Wouldn't be the first time they did something like that ermm

"A presto, Ezio"

But it's not as if the game is revolving around it. The core remains intact, and I enjoy them at least attempting to show the full scope of what's going on in the war between assassins and templars. It bodes well for future installments, even if they mess it up this time.

What's the release date on this again? I forgot, or it changed, or something.

Phanteros
November 16, 2010 in America and November 19, 2010 in Europe

batdude123
So yeah...

This game is f*ckin awesome.

Zack Fair
This and Fallout New Vegas will be my last 2010 purchases

General Kaliero
Incredible so far. It's like Assassin's Creed 2: Part 2. Plays like AC2, but in a single city (larger than any of the previous three, possibly larger than all three combined), with even more evolution of abilities and equipment, a new The Truth subplot, new mission styles, and the successful, I think, mechanic of managing a brotherhood of followers, all wrapped up in a story just as well-told as AC2's.

I thought this was going to be a quick'n'dirty multiplayer-focused cash-in, but I've not even touched the multiplayer yet due to how engrossing story mode is.

Phoenix3068
I'm on Memory Block 7 I think. Anyways, they definitely tricked out Ezio this time. The only problem I'm having is not being able to keep ahold of my sword >< I keep losing it some how. "Oh sword, come home!" The regular guards are easy, just counter-attack them.
The advanced guards are harder, my suggestion is throwing them into something.
The Captain's are ridiculous, so I just have my A.I.T.'s deal with it.
Finally, the ones with thick armor are pretty easy. If you can narrow it down to one on one combat, just start kicking them until they weaken up and then finish them off with a heavy weapon attack.

I won't reveal any of the story but I think it is nice to share tips on how to kill a type of enemy (though not a specific one)

Also, please note. Hijacking Horsemen is FUN!

BloodRawEngine
Got this at the midnight launch (with a nifty little Deadly Harlequin keychain), and I can say that within the first hour, the game already lets you know just how much is in store in this game, and that things like the economics system, dungeon traversing, and side-missions, are all not only refined, but deepened in addition to new aspects such as infiltrating Borgia towers, and working to destroy Leonardo's war machines (the latter of which really help to re-initialize the stealth aspects of this game far better than previous ones did). I won't say I'm very far, but I do feel confident in saying that they really did put in a massive effort to show this game is no DLC-on-disk cash-in like PoP: The Forgotten Sands or something.

What I thought was a cool addition as well was the ability to exit the animus and return to the modern times at will--there, you're in Monteriggioni and you can occasionally check Desmond's emails, and chat with the rest of the group to get a little more into their personalities. I also managed to pick up these two (of five) 'Artifacts', left apparently by the characters in the Renaissance. I don't know what it leads to, but I presume they're of some importance.

General Kaliero
I think the most important aspect is that there's just so much to do, and the game offers you many ways to do it. The 100% sync challenges add a lot of strategy and offset the improved combat system, and if you choose to continue without finishing the challenges, they add plenty of replay value for later.

And I was very, very happy to see Desmond and co. expanded upon; the group has excellent, realistic (and not always happy) chemistry, and Desmond himself is proving to be likable and charismatic, much improved from AC1. I'll gladly pick him up as the main protagonist in AC3, if that's how it'll work.

Digi
god damnit, waiting until christmas will be hard.

Peach
god damnit, waiting until christmas will be hard.

I know, right?

Doesn't help that everytime I go to work I have like 30 copies of the game staring at me. Damnit.

Phanteros
I got the PS3 Collector's edition. Love the jack in the box.

Morridini
Hurray for one savefile....

Played for several hours, got the tunnell glitch, now I gotta restart the game...

Phoenix3068
I beat the game once, started another game and going 100% Sync through the whole thing. Every mission; if I fail and get a 50 I restart it :P I'm at Memory Block 8 again; Ready to continue on to the final bit. The 100% Sync really isn't hard. By the way; without giving spoilers I wanted to give a few helpful hints.

For those who are big on Counter-Hits; the 100% will require a bit of attacking on your part. The best strategy for this is simple. Counter the first strike; then start nailing on everything. You'll 1 hit everything. Then before something can hit you in the middle of an attack, counter it. It's an easy way to take out 30 enemies in 10 seconds.

When going after a Bolgia Tower, be quiet about it. Don't go in guns blazing because if the Captain finds out you're there, he'll make a run for the Tower. If he gets to it, you won't be able to kill him until the Guard Shifts change. (Wait about 20 minutes or so)

Probably one of the most challenging aspects is the challenge of completing the Lair of Romulus in 8 Minutes. Every lair has a flow to it, some are easier than others. The best thing to do is to ignore all obstacles and find the flow; Rather it be a ladder that leads to an edge or a wall to be jumps from, take off and move as fast as you can. Along the way a lot of the time you'll see places where you can take short cuts.

Recommended Shortcuts:
1. Rather than climb along the wall to a swinging pole, get within reach and leap to the pole. It will save at least 5 seconds which believe me makes up a huge time.
2. Rather than take the direct route of jumping along certain paths which require you to leap and grab onto a ledge, on some parts you can simply leap and roll then sprint to your next destination. It might seem like a bad idea but sprinting can make be the better option when it comes to having to climb.
3. Running up a wall and jumping from it to get onto another pedestal can save you a good 10 seconds to 5 minutes (depending on how you do with free running).

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For those of you who have the XBox version (not sure if this specific thing is available for others). Assassin's Creed Brotherhood offers UPlay which will give points for certain things and allow you more bonuses. Current known bonuses:

Hellequin - 40 UPlay Points
Altair Robes - 30 Points
Altair Armor - 20 Points
Florentine Nobleman (Ezio's Outfit) - 20 points
Extended Pistol (10 Shots) - 30 Points

You can get the points easily by simply performing actions. Such as..

Create a UPlay Account.
Starting Single Player.
Obtaining 3 Gold Medal on Training.
Getting a 100% Sync on a Memory other than Memory 1.
Completing the Game.

Finally, for those of you having problems with the "Assassin Recruits".
1. To easily obtain recruits on ledges
(The only tip I have for this one is if you already have 6 Recruits) Use the Arrow Storm to kill all of the Guards.
(At least 2 Recruits) Send in your recruits to kill 2 of the guards, use your Sword to push back the guards and kill the one closest. Note: Letting anyone close to the Citizen will most likely result in him falling and getting him an instant death)

2. To easily train your recruits to Assassin's, go to a Pigeon Coop and send the Recruits on a Contract. Send as many as you need to on 1 Assignment but do no more than is required. 100% is recommended but if you want to chance it, keep it at least at 90%. When the mission succeeds you will gain fl. and your Recruits will gain Experience (hopefully a level) With most missions you can gain 1 level per and easily gain an Assassin within 10 missions. Note: Your Recruits cannot die on Contracts but they CAN die if you call them into battle. Be sure to think carefully on it all.

3. A final note: Sending your recruits in will not make you notorious nor will it attract Guard attention onto yourself. However, if you have them attack a group of people or even a Guard near a group of other guards, it will have the same effect on them and they will become Notorious so long as they are in the area.
Meaning: If you have a Recruit Assassinate a Guard, other Guards will attack the Recruit. The recruits won't held well against an army especially heavy armored Bolgia.

General Kaliero
Um... yeah, all that info is pretty much stuff you'll find out simply by playing the game. no expression

I finally managed to completely rebuild Rome earlier today, and got the reward for the Lairs of Romulus. Good stuff. Working on incidental stuff and shops quests now, before forging ahead to finish the story. I've a feeling that, like AC2, I'll be striving to finish absolutely everything in this game.

Digi
To anyone:
This is like the first game I'll be regularly playing on my XBox Live though. PM me if you're interested, and we can swap gamer tag info. I assume there's some sort of inner KMC gaming cabal that already knows IDs and such, so if there's hazing or something to get in, count me in.

haermm

Originally posted by Peach
I know, right?

Doesn't help that everytime I go to work I have like 30 copies of the game staring at me. Damnit.

no expression

Yup. I'm in Best Buy every few days for something. There's only so many games I play these days due to time constraints, so when one does come out it's hard to let it lie.

Peach
Time and money constraints for me.

However, I never did finish AC2, so I'm going back to play that now. That'll tide me over until I'm able to get this.

He's not as much of a douchebag though

menokokoro
lol, there is a cardboard box in this game smile i love the reference, made me laugh

Nephthys
A surprisingly negative review.

BloodRawEngine
I just got the Brutus Armor a few minutes ago, and it looks alot like Darksiders' character War, albeit a more coherent one. I'm gonna see if this helps in replaying any of the missions. You also get a dagger for it too.

General Kaliero
Originally posted by BloodRawEngine
I just got the Brutus Armor a few minutes ago, and it looks alot like Darksiders' character War, albeit a more coherent one. I'm gonna see if this helps in replaying any of the missions. You also get a dagger for it too.
Oddly enough, a full set of Seusenhofer armor is just slightly better, with the same amount of health and something like 1.5 more resistance.

Originally posted by Nephthys
A surprisingly negative review.
It seems like the unspoken question here is why isn't this different enough to warrant being a sequel?

Well... it's not a sequel. no expression

From the get-go I had considered Brotherhood not another Assassin's Creed game, but the second half of AC2. When you look at it that way, as the continuation of both Ezio's and Desmond's stories, it feels like a very natural progression for both, with the combat evolving as the changes progress, and the story flowing realistically to Rome and all the intrigue centered there.

Phoenix3068
Level 8 - Hidden Gun (Multiplayer)
You gotta love it :3

Hardest 100% Lair of Romulus to date
Complete the Lair of Romulus in 8 Minutes
~I can't remember which Lair it was, but on one of them you have to climb up different sections while fending off several Followers and it's a headache because when I get almost to the top I get shot and fall then I miss the time limit by 10 seconds :'(

Originally posted by General Kaliero
Um... yeah, all that info is pretty much stuff you'll find out simply by playing the game. no expression

lol yeah but that involves some replays on missions to get 100%. For anyone who wanted to do 100% all the way through from the get go I was just giving some helpful tips.

Bardock42
I'm definitely going to get this. After I finished Assassins Creed.

And bought and finished Assassins Creed 2

hmm

Digi
Originally posted by Bardock42
I'm definitely going to get this. After I finished Assassins Creed.

And bought and finished Assassins Creed 2

hmm

The first is the most flawed by a lot, but this is the right way to go about it, if only for the story's sake (which is excellent).

BloodRawEngine
^Agreed. AC is one of the few games this gen with a story that's not only interesting and original, but also intricate without being convoluted. It's probably one of my fave stories in gaming. Granted, cliffhangers seem to be second nature for this game, but they're definitely the kind with elements that can keep up strong discussions of them all the way till the next game.

General Kaliero
Okay, the multiplayer... is awesome. No ridiculously one-sided free-for-all killfests, no spawn camping, no cheap kills, it's all subtle, thoughtful, tense strategy and skill with just enough luck thrown in to spice it up. I was having so much fun and I don't even usually like multiplayer. I really foresee this having staying power until AC3.

Peach
I was talking to GK on Live while playing AC2 myself, and yeah, it sounds hilarious and awesome and like something I'd actually play.

Morridini
I very much loved the fact that the multiplayer is actualy part of the story to the main game, shown in the cinematic when you enter the multiplayer, I can't remember seeing that anytime before.

Digi
This series has truly evolved with its criticism and desires from fans. I can't f--ing wait to play this and kick ALL your asses in multiplayer.

evil face

Phoenix3068
Says the one who will fall with one shot from my hidden gun.. e.e

General Kaliero
Originally posted by Phoenix3068
Multiplayer hidden gun is for wimpy cowards who aren't good enough to assassinate their targets up close and proper.

As evidenced by the fact it gives you no bonus points, just a basic 100pt. kill.

Digi

More likely, my wireless Live connection will fail so often I won't be able to play reliably.

sad

I remained determined to find a way to make it work. Apparently a router that broadcasts a signal through half the neighborhood (encrypted of course) isn't enough, so it must be on the XBox's side.

Morridini
Ok this was random, noticed an exclemation point next to my inventory, and therefore opened it to see what was what. And lo and behold, a Raiden outfit/skin was available, so that I can play the game looking like Raiden from MGS...

Might use it for a second playthrough, fun though.

General Kaliero
Ok this was random, noticed an exclemation point next to my inventory, and therefore opened it to see what was what. And lo and behold, a Raiden outfit/skin was available, so that I can play the game looking like Raiden from MGS...

Might use it for a second playthrough, fun though.
If I remember correctly, Raiden is the reward for doing all of the virtual training challenges.

Morridini
That might very well be true, finished all of them a little while ago.

Also, just had my first two multiplayer matches. Loved it. Took me quite a few deaths before I got a note saying to press B to counter my attacker, and not X as I had first assumed.

The first round went so-so, I ended up in fourth place. But my second match I really rocked. Nearing the end I suddenly got a warning "You are in the lead" (don't remember the exact wording), and suddenly had three people all hunting me, that really got my nerves running while and made for the last few minutes of the match a real rush. Definitley a feeling I don't get from CoD anymore.

Phanteros
Hey everybody, We might see a squeal next year.

Morridini
Didn't know we might see a squeal, however I did know about a sequel.

Phanteros
LOL my typo.

Phanteros
I have a feeling they going to be doing this like call of duty with these annual releases.

Peach
It's a rare franchise that can actually pull off an annual release; AC can do that.

Honestly, I'm slightly amazed at the immense success this series has seen. It pleases me greatly big grin

General Kaliero
That might very well be true, finished all of them a little while ago.

Also, just had my first two multiplayer matches. Loved it. Took me quite a few deaths before I got a note saying to press B to counter my attacker, and not X as I had first assumed.

The first round went so-so, I ended up in fourth place. But my second match I really rocked. Nearing the end I suddenly got a warning "You are in the lead" (don't remember the exact wording), and suddenly had three people all hunting me, that really got my nerves running while and made for the last few minutes of the match a real rush. Definitley a feeling I don't get from CoD anymore.
Wanna give me your gamertag? Wouldn't mind playing someone I know sometime.

I really, really like how pursuer selection works. Putting extra pursuers on the top three players helps level the field, and it's a nice freedom if you end up in the back to know no one is hunting you while you try to climb back to the top.

As for a sequel... I'm curious how much they can stretch out the Desmond plot. This is the one franchise I'm absolutely sure Ubisoft knows what they're doing with, but still. The main trilogy can only hold so many interquels.

Peach
I admit to paying almost no attention whatsoever to the Desmond plot. It doesn't really interest me too much. I'd rather just play as Ezio stick out tongue

Phoenix3068
I admit to paying almost no attention whatsoever to the Desmond plot. It doesn't really interest me too much. I'd rather just play as Ezio stick out tongue

True that Ezio's plot is fun and interesting, but both are equally important. Though I find it funny now that Altair is really not important at all :P

General Kaliero
True that Ezio's plot is fun and interesting, but both are equally important. Though I find it funny now that Altair is really not important at all :P
Sort of! I was talking to Peach earlier about how Altair's a lot more important to the overall plot only after his game, when he's writing the Codex to improve the Assassin order. His changes directly lead to Ezio's maturation, so I can't hate him as much as I did after just AC1.

ArtificialGlory
Might check this out when it comes to PC, unless it has that diabolical DRM.

Peach
I love this game so much. I'm only on the start of sequence 4 (haven't started any of the memories in it yet) and I've already taken out half the Borgia towers and renovated something like 40% of Rome.

Honestly, I love how I can just wander around and explore everything and you can tell a real difference as you do more things around the city. And I like the challenges set by 100% synching memories. I've only gotten 100% on about two-thirds of them so far, but I'm sure I'll be crazy enough to try and 100% all of them.

Morridini
I really love the whole Assassin Guild process. When my two first recruits, finaly made it to the rank of Assassin and got the same outfit as Ezio's starting outfit, was a really awesome moment, especialy with the cutscene taking place.

Also, how bad-ass doesn't Ezio appear, when he approaches a bunch of guards, raises his arm and let out a short whistle, and out of bushes and jumping down from rooftops a bunch of Assassin's appear and butcher the guards?

The multiplayer I am loving even more and more, I surprised myself by getting the "Take the lead 10 seconds before the end of the session and go on to win" achievment the other day. It was about 15 seconds left when I suddenly got the 2nd place spot, and I knew there was not much standing between myself and first place, so I was sprinting like a madman, risking my persuer to find me, and suddenly, with 5 seconds to spare I ran straight into my target. The game ended while I was still performing the kill animation, but luckly the kill got registered immediatly.

jaden101
More likely, my wireless Live connection will fail so often I won't be able to play reliably.

sad

Is that you getting the excuses ready now...Shocking.

Peach
...that ending.

WHAT. THE. HELL.

I love this game so much...beat it, but still so much to do.

Morridini
Why do everyone suck at this multiplayer? I'm not trying to brag, but something seems off when I enter a match when there is only 5 minutes remaining (half the game time), and I still end up taking the second place...

General Kaliero
I got glitched underground one match with 3 minutes to go and still ended in 4th. I regularly take 2nd or 3rd, and often enough 1st. I think it's not so much that everyone sucks, but that matches tend to be close, and a well-done kill with multiple bonuses can really change the game. When final placing scores are 2500-3500, a 700+ point kill does a lot.

Nephthys
Why do everyone suck at this multiplayer? I'm not trying to brag, but something seems off when I enter a match when there is only 5 minutes remaining (half the game time), and I still end up taking the second place...

Obviously you're just cheating. stick out tongue

Mairuzu
Most amazing multiplayer ever

Phoenix3068
It matters which kind of match you're in. If you're in a team game you can more then often just sprint to you're target and move into hiding last second before you're in view. Solo-Matches however become more difficult because you have to maintain the illusion that you are an NPC until you strike. I constantly have noobs who are not my Pursuer trying to assassinate me >.< I've been assassinated by a guy who wasn't my Pursuer right before I executed my target. Ridiculous!

Morridini
I've been assassinated by a guy who wasn't my Pursuer right before I executed my target. Ridiculous!

That's not possible, the game will not allow you to kill another Player unless it is your target. You can only kill NPCs and your intended target.

Phoenix3068
Then maybe it was a glitch, cuz I got killed by the wrong person and I've killed another player that was not my target.

Morridini
You're not mixing up stuns and kills?

Phoenix3068
Nope, I saw a guy jump out of a haystack. I was bored, so I stabbed him. It said I lost my target and that I killed him. It must have been a glitch then but that doesn't explain why multiple times I've been killed by a non-pursuer.

Nephthys
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/zero-punctuation/2519-Assassins-Creed-Brotherhood

Morridini
Nope, I saw a guy jump out of a haystack. I was bored, so I stabbed him. It said I lost my target and that I killed him. It must have been a glitch then but that doesn't explain why multiple times I've been killed by a non-pursuer.

Sure it wasn't a decoy?

Phoenix3068
Sure it wasn't a decoy?

huh look, I'm sorry to say but I know what I saw. It might have been a glitch, in fact I'm almost positive it was. But it happened.

General Kaliero
Except you can, in fact, kill players that aren't your mark. I just did.

Morridini
I have tried many, many times, and it has never been possible (like trying to kill people who took your target, or killing your previous target after an annoying stun).

Nephthys
Maybe your characters just a pussy?

General Kaliero
I have tried many, many times, and it has never been possible (like trying to kill people who took your target, or killing your previous target after an annoying stun).
I am thinking, perhaps, you can't kill while you're shuffling targets, which happens after someone else kills your target or stuns you. But I killed a guy moving like a player, who fell to the ground dead instead of disappearing, and I missed my target to do it.

Peach
...I love this multiplayer.

SpadeKing

Play Streetmarine07 if you have a 360 then

Morridini
I am thinking, perhaps, you can't kill while you're shuffling targets, which happens after someone else kills your target or stuns you. But I killed a guy moving like a player, who fell to the ground dead instead of disappearing, and I missed my target to do it.

Yesterday I tried to kill player upon player who were not my target, and it would not work. I tried to lock on them, and not lock on them, stealthy assassinations and rushed assassinations, nothing would let me kill them, as they were not my targets.

You could just google it if you're not sure.

Morridini
Yeah, that doesn't really work. It's not a popular enough question to be picked up by the search engines it seems.

Peach
I killed a player that wasn't my target yesterday a few times on accident (locked onto the wrong person).

However, when I wanted to revenge-kill someone for killing my target, I could not, as it was currently target-shuffling.

Morridini
I hate how Ubisoft seem to hate us ST TV users. I unlocked a new Perk, called Resistance, but there is no way for me to know what it does, simply because the small font is unreadable. Going up to the TV as close as possible to try to read it simply does not work. Freaking annoying.

Peach
http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/Multiplayer_Perks

And a lot of games have that issue with SDTVs now. It's nothing new, and I remember playing games 3 years ago with that.

...certainly makes me appreciate my new TV more though.

Morridini
Yeah I know of the wiki, did check it before I posted, just wanted to note my frustration. And I too have lived with it for quite some while, it just seems that Ubisoft try to go that extra milimeter so that it is totaly unreadable, whereas most other games just have it very, very hard to read.

Peach
...it would really be great that, if you create a party with your friends, they actually keep you together when you try and join a game.

General Kaliero
The new DLC multiplayer map is probably the best one. Multiple levels of streets and roofs make it very fun to run around, with less worry about getting spotted on the rooftops. And the winding narrow streets are nice for stealthily following your target.

Peach
Hmm. I do enjoy the new map a lot, but all of the levels make it a bit irritating trying to locate people. I prefer the maps where everyone's bunched into a fairly small area (like Venice and Siena); makes things more fun, I think.

Monteriggioni is definitely my least favorite multiplayer map, though.

Phoenix3068
lol told you guys it was possible to kill other players. Monteriggioni isn't a bad map so long as you know the popular areas (where people like to hide). I typically like to be near two other NPC of my Character so nobody can tell which one I am. XD yet I'm lucky enough to Assassinate the right target out of the three at least 60% of the time when I'm on the Offensive on a Target.

General Kaliero
Templar Vision. It's awesome for killing people who think crowds are safe.

Peach
Honestly, I never see anyone hiding unless they're actively escaping a pursuer.

Just chilling out in hiding spots isn't much fun, anyway. Stalking your target slow enough that they don't know you're behind them is much more entertaining.

Phoenix3068
I must say though I whore the hidden gun. I'll try to keep to the shadows until the last 1:00 is on the clock, then I move to sprints and Assassinate nearby targets and Shoot Long Range targets.

Peach
Ehh. I was all "oh my god want hidden gun" before I had leveled up enough for it, but now I don't use it too terribly much. Sniping people as they climb buildings can be pretty hilarious (as was one of my kills where my target turned around and walked at me as I aimed the gun at him), but as a whole, sneaking up and slashing them with my fan is much more fun.

General Kaliero
I must say though I whore the hidden gun. I'll try to keep to the shadows until the last 1:00 is on the clock, then I move to sprints and Assassinate nearby targets and Shoot Long Range targets.
I've never used the gun at all. It's so much better to use throwing knives and then attack them as they limp. You can get a better score that way too.

The gun is for cheap effortless kills by those who can't hunt someone down properly. I always try to go for stealthy kills, and then sprint and kill in high profile for the last minute.

Peach
I want throwing knives. I have to be close to being able to get them...

I maybe use the gun once or twice a match right now and usually it's just to screw with people. Once I get throwing knives it'll likely be permanently retired.

Phoenix3068
The gun is for cheap effortless kills by those who can't hunt someone down properly.

XP Commenting on it like that doesn't seem too nice. I use the gun because it's fun and hilarious to watch them react to it. I've begun charging up the gun and let someone see, they started to run away and right before they got out of sight I shot them. They sent me a message cursing me out. It's just hilarious XD it's purely for comedy purposes with me.

General Kaliero
Who said I was trying to be nice? I have nothing but disdain for people who regularly use the hidden gun.

Well, I enjoy it when they're aiming on a rooftop and I interrupt their shot with a sharp implement to the neck. That much is entertaining.

Peach
Well, the gun is a cheap shot that allows you to kill without putting any effort into actually attempting to hunt down and assassinate your target. I use the thing sometimes and I'll happily admit that it's a cheap method that requires no real skill at all.

Plus you get like no points for those kills. I'd rather get the bonuses for sneaking up and performing a proper assassination.

Morridini
I'm always pretty satisfied when I get killed by a gunshot, as I know they barely got any points for it, so it feels almost like an escape.

As for hiding in crowds, I love to just get close to where my target is, get infront of him around a corner or something, and then blend in (I have the Perk that instantly morphs someone else in a crowd into me without me having to use an ability, and then I can use Decoy on him if I spot my pursuer advancing towards me), and then just silently stab him and blend again when he passes.

Peach
I think I can count on one hand the number of times I've had someone shoot me. I've noticed that when I'm in matches where most everyone is about my level or lower (I'm level 13), people use it a lot, but when I'm put in matches with higher levels (usually when I play with GK), I don't hear it used often, if at all.

Of course, the most obnoxious thing yet is one match where someone kept using firecrackers, seemingly on recharge...

I don't hide/blend very often unless I'm waiting for it to assign me a new target and I have a couple of pursuers. Then I just go and find a group with a couple of Courtesans and wait for a moment.

Phoenix3068
I have a knack of being located almost immediately in the games I play which is why I stick to hiding in crowds most often. I study the NPC and move usually in the same way they do. Sitting idly as long as they normally would in a crowd and walking away as they would. If a target is within a 3 second run or 10 second walk from me then I don't hide. But there is nothing more irritating to me then slowly closing in on my next target, just to be assassinated right before I take them out.

Peach
That is the source of much of my swearing in the game, yeah. Just about to kill my target when my pursuer gets me.

Of course, I always crack up when my target walks directly into me. I really irritated someone in one match because I got them as my target a half-dozen times and four times in a row they just walked into me. The last time I got an exclamation of "Silver Stardust, you ****ing b!tch!" over the headset laughing out loud I responded "Hey, you keep walking into me!" stick out tongue

Phoenix3068
I need to play with you XD anyways, I'm the one who usually walks to my pursuer but rather then walking into them I walk past them and they turn last second and stab me.

Three Leading Causes of Death
1. Running on the Rooftops (Come on people, you're an easy sight!)
2. Running/Sprinting (everyone can tell your not an NPC smart one)
3. Jumping into a Haystack for absolutely no reason.

Peach
Actually, NPCs randomly run/sprint around, I've noticed stick out tongue

And while running on rooftops makes you pretty obviously a target (unless you're playing on Mont Saint-Michel, because that map is nothing but a billion different levels), aerial kills are pretty fun.

http://www.destructoid.com/first-free-assassin-s-creed-brotherhood-dlc-is-released-189660.phtml

Oooh, another free DLC next month. Capture the Flag!

Phoenix3068
I've never seen them run/sprint but then I'm more focused on my next kill XD anyways, I haven't gotten any DLC. I'm saving up my money for new games rather then upgrades for current ones.

General Kaliero
I've never seen them run/sprint but then I'm more focused on my next kill XD anyways, I haven't gotten any DLC. I'm saving up my money for new games rather then upgrades for current ones.
But it's free DLC. It costs nothing. confused

Actually, NPCs randomly run/sprint around, I've noticed stick out tongue

And while running on rooftops makes you pretty obviously a target (unless you're playing on Mont Saint-Michel, because that map is nothing but a billion different levels), aerial kills are pretty fun.

http://www.destructoid.com/first-free-assassin-s-creed-brotherhood-dlc-is-released-189660.phtml

Oooh, another free DLC next month. Capture the Flag!
I love the Ubigods. Hopefully the new map offers another entirely new way to play like Mont St.-Michel did.

Phoenix3068
But it's free DLC. It costs nothing. confused

Well I haven't been on the Market lately so I didn't really check XD I assumed it costed. Well then, I shall check and do that next time I get a chance.

Peach

I have! The NPCs do act rather like players, but with less rooftop climbing.

And the DLCs so far have been free, which has been mentioned here as well as in...every article about it. Since it's just a single map and a new play mode, it really isn't something to charge for.

Phoenix3068
Other games tend to do it =\

General Kaliero
Other games suck. eek!

At least, the "pay $10 for a couple maps" type.

Peach
I haven't heard of any other games that charge for a single new map...

Mwahaha, one of my coworkers has gotten into the multiplayer.

Phoenix3068
I think I'd have more fun in multiplayer if they had a "Build your own Assassin" set up XD I would DEFINITELY fall in love with the idea of choosing a base "Assassin Recruit" and being able to upgrade them (though I don't so much like the idea of having the Assassin Robe from Brotherhood. I like things like.. Choose the robe color like you can at the tailor, change hair style/color, change some features, make it your own. Then adding the ability to use a sword or at least have combat fights >.> But of course, this is just a small bit of criticism which to me makes the game a 9.5/10. Though I love the Single Player. D: they left us in suspense again *cries*

General Kaliero
That would, of course, remove the blending disguise element that makes the multiplayer work... I like the preset models, because they're essential to the core gameplay. Custom Assassins would make everything a chase, not stalking, and that would suck.

adpyer123
Gameplay is strong, much of Brotherhood's main story will see you building up your forces in preparation to finally kill Pope Alexander VI, Cesare and the rest of the Borgia corrupting Rome. And the free running that allows you to climb up nearly anything in your way is more fluid than ever, the sword-fighting combat is flawless in execution

Phoenix3068
That would, of course, remove the blending disguise element that makes the multiplayer work... I like the preset models, because they're essential to the core gameplay. Custom Assassins would make everything a chase, not stalking, and that would suck.

How? First of all, don't make every NPC look the same. Give us basic rome for example. Thousands of people all standing or walking around. Then we have an Assassin whom hides among them; blending. You start somewhere and begin to search for them; maybe you don't have an arrow like you have to take you directly to them but instead have an arrow that takes you to the rough area; like a plaza. Now search the crowds for your target without giving yourself away. Lock onto the target once you locate him; approach with stealth-- execute.

My vote would still be for larger maps and more ideal gameplay but still.

The final enjoyment to the idea I just said would be including melee combat. If an assassin comes at you, make it possible to evade their strike or counter it. Assassinations tend to be about timing. You have a 75% chance to kill someone when you Assassinate them IF they try to Paralyze you. They have a 25% chance. I say that considering this is AC's first multiplayer it works well but I also think they could have done so much better. I would have liked a single player type world but with multiplayer capabilities; with customizable characters, wider variety of weapons so that you can actually combat your assailant, and even the ability to ride a horse would have been awesome! Having a coop multiplayer where the objective of the round is assassinate the target without alerting guards would have been an awesome idea in my book.

General Kaliero
That's an entirely different game with an entirely different paradigm of play. I'm talking about this game, where you are given a hiding target to track and hunt down.

Peach
Large maps just make for long games where you spend far too much time searching for your target and next to no time killing. This game is better suited to small maps; I will back out if it puts me in Rome, and I think that Venice, Florence, and Siena are the best maps on there. Small-ish maps where there's only a few areas where people are going to bunch up = better than huge maps where you can't find anyone. It makes the game more fast-paced and requires people to think on their feet more often, because if most of the players are in the same general area, you're never safe unless you don't have a pursuer.

And...making the NPCs different would sort of completely and totally defeat the purpose of the gameplay. The compass we have doesn't take you directly to your target but only tells you basically where they are and then if they're in the direct area, but you still have to use your own eyes and judgment. Part of why it succeeds so well is because you have NPCs that look like your target so unless they're isolated, you're not 100% sure.

Anyway, I pulled off the best escape ever last night, though I think GK might disagree stick out tongue

General Kaliero
It was actually a brilliant escape, just frustrating because I was the damn pursuer!

Morph wouldn't be as effective with custom assassins, come to think of it. The more I think about it, the more I'm sure all four Courtesans I was trying to decide on were, in fact, NPCs.

Peach
It was actually a brilliant escape, just frustrating because I was the damn pursuer!

Morph wouldn't be as effective with custom assassins, come to think of it. The more I think about it, the more I'm sure all four Courtesans I was trying to decide on were, in fact, NPCs.

The fact that I had two pursuers (including you big grin) standing in arm's length and you both failed to kill me was just hilarious and awesome big grin

I ran into a group, Morphed so there was a bunch of Courtesans, and then proceeded to die laughing as one pursuer killed a civilian and GK got killed by his pursuer after smoke-bombing all of us to try and keep me there until my Morph ran out or his Templar Vision recharged.

...this occurred after a chase around half of Florence while I was evading my third pursuer initially.

That match was fun big grin

But yes, stuff like Morph and Disguise and so one would not work nearly as well with custom characters. And since those abilities are awesome, that would suck.

Phoenix3068
Rome is the main setting of Brotherhood Peach -.-

anyways, so what fun is that? It will take you almost exactly to where the target is and you have to be an idiot to not see a Harlequin (the typical enemy I'm up against) in that area. Also, if you're not smart enough to get the hint when you're that close; just walk further and it will point almost PERFECTLY at your target. When standing in a group; it's very unlikely that you'll see a group of 3 so you have a 50% chance (Even more if the NPC starts to walk away and your target indicator doesn't change in position). I like the idea of a larger map because it gives option for more free run style movements. How almost everyone tends to move is walking through crowds until they find their target then killing. No climbing, no leaping, no sprinting, no anything. Because if you do then everyone knows where you are because they stand 5 feet away from you. There's little chance of stealth, little chance of creativity, little chance of escape after being SEEN by your pursuer! It's not a matter of Assassination, it's a matter of turn and stab, turn and stab, walk a few steps, stab. Without the freedom to think they can run without being seen, the only fast pace scene that you'll EVER get is if the person is smart enough to tell "OH CRAP THEY'RE ABOUT TO KILL ME!" and run for their lives.

Nephthys
Well because having a unique appearance would make it impossible to blend in. Duh. erm

'Hey guys, the guy with the feathered hat is an assassin.' Boom, your chances of landing a single kill are practically nil. Plus it makes sneaking up on the same guy twice impossible, and I don't know how many play each game but that would be potentially crippling imo.

Ohwellyousayitlikethatitjustsoundssoeasy. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Do you have any idea how much effort that would take? No, that would just make it practically impossible to land a single kill due to sheer size. And for what? So some gits could pimp out their assassin and go 'oh shit yo! look how bitchin' my duude is!' on their livejournal.

In short: Myraid of problems, gameplay imbalance, difficulty in implimentation and a ****ton of extra work (plus stuff I havn't thought of) >>>>> pointless aesthetic dickery.

Peach
Just because Rome is the main setting of Brotherhood doesn't mean that the Rome map for multiplayer is actually a good map. It really isn't. It's far too large for the sort of game that the multiplayer is.

Also, you must be playing with people who aren't very good, or are simply not very good yourself, if you say there's no room for stealth or creativity or anything like that in the current gamestyle. Because there definitely is, and even I manage to pull off Variety bonuses pretty often, and I'm admittedly not the greatest player in the world, far from.

And it's perfectly possible to run without being seen. What gets you caught is sprinting everywhere. Don't do that and you'll be fine.

Phoenix3068
Well because having a unique appearance would make it impossible to blend in. Duh. erm

Well sorry I want a more realistic situation other then (there are 200 people in Florence who look just like me? AWESOME!)

Maybe you're right, we should definitely have a game where it takes little to no effort. Who needs a game where you try?

It is easy to find your target and easy to kill them. There is almost no stealth possibilities. Even if you're hiding in a hay pile, the arrow takes you right to them.

Nephthys
Actually it sounds like you just want to play goddamn Halo to me. erm

Also its a game. Realism can often hinder gameplay.

Please. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Millions of dollars and hundreds of hours of manpower vs a tiny aesthetic kink. You do the math.

Phoenix3068
Actually it sounds like you just want to play goddamn Halo to me. erm

Also its a game. Realism can often hinder gameplay.

Firstly, you should watch your language, there are children in here XD

Secondly, I don't want to play a Halo; I just want a game where you can actually have your own personal appearance. There are plenty of games like that other then Halo =\ THUG, Fable, Oblivion, Fallout 3.

Whatever XP

Peach
Swearing is not against the rules. Do not tell others what to do.

And, well, yeah. It does sound like you just want another Halo clone. The indicator does -not- tell you precisely where your target is, only the general area and if they're in your line of sight. And there's plenty of chances for stealth...if you don't suck at it. Yeah, 100 point kills are easy to get, but pointless. Getting high-point kills, not so easy; those take more skill and all but require you to act stealthily.

And the effort comment was made in regards to making that, not playing it. But you've already shown that you know next to nothing about what goes into making a game, so yeah.

Phoenix3068
Swearing is not against the rules. Do not tell others what to do.

I didn't tell anyone to do anything, I asked someone if they could watch what they say.

Why? Because I would like to have a game where you get to make yourself look how you want and don't have to choose from a list of pre-sets and already created appearances? If that's how you want to keep pushing it then yes, I would like a game that you can have the freedom to be who you want and you aren't limited to the appearances that someone else already created. It's just what I like in a game.

Its general area when it's a large enough area that they could be either right next to you or 30 feet away like within a room. Not when they are either on the left or right side of the table. I never have a problem with this myself, I can almost always tell which guy is my target when I arrive on the scene.

Oh really?

Do you have any idea how much effort that would take? No, that would just make it practically impossible to land a single kill due to sheer size. And for what? So some gits could pimp out their assassin and go 'oh shit yo! look how bitchin' my duude is!' on their livejournal.

Though I agree you may have to WORK harder to achieve a stealthy kill, I wouldn't mind doing it as you play the game and the game doesn't so much play itself.

Yep, I'm a moron, I don't know nuffin' =P

Nephthys
It WAS about the effort in making it. You were talking about making large maps with thousands of individualised NPC's solely so that people can have customised avatars, a ridiculous amount of effort and twisting of the actual game just to justify such a small personal whim. However, re-reading your post lead me to believe that you advocated just chucking people to play in the already made Rome map, which wouldn't need much effort at all. So I changed the criticism to one of just how stupid an idea that would be gameplay-wise. And it would still screw up peoples ability to blend in. Assassins etc stick out like a sore thumb in a civilianised Rome.

Phoenix3068
It WAS about the effort in making it. You were talking about making large maps with thousands of individualised NPC's solely so that people can have customised avatars, a ridiculous amount of effort and twisting of the actual game just to justify such a small personal whim. However, re-reading your post lead me to believe that you advocated just chucking people to play in the already made Rome map, which wouldn't need much effort at all. So I changed the criticism to one of just how stupid an idea that would be gameplay-wise. And it would still screw up peoples ability to blend in. Assassins etc stick out like a sore thumb in a civilianised Rome.

Well then I'm sorry to you Nephthys, as how I read it, it was intended for gameplay purpose. Though it's still easy. You can't hide right in front of someones eyes but you can still hide and stalk a player onto death. Move into alleyways, blend into crowds sense there's not exactly an "Assassin Right here" sign pointed down over you. So long as they don't look towards you, they wouldn't exactly see an Assassin. Even so, you don't have to make yourself look like an assassin. It could (aside for maybe the robes yet minus the hood) look like a regular citizen. Though I'll be commented for the robe part. You would have to study people more but you could still find you're target. I think people would enjoy it and putting a bit more time and effort into it would definitely be worth it for me. I could have waited to December, or even April 2011 to play a game like that, It would have made me even more excited.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>