Infinity Man vs Rune King Thor

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Prep-Man
IM as was shown in DONG.

Galan007
IM makes Thor suck his "DONG".

Mindset
laughing out loud

Prep-Man
LOL! Oh. damn!

TheTyrant
Can someone explain how this happened?

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/2/27444/804907-untitled_super.jpg

If, Darkseid can do that to him without any special context, then how does RKT lose?

Prep-Man
Is that IM from DONG? That's a Pre-crisis feat, I think.

amnesia
Most of the new gods was just Kirby trying to hard, i dislike most of them (with the exception of DS and Orion)

Harbinger
Originally posted by Prep-Man
Is that IM from DONG? That's a Pre-crisis feat, I think. The New Gods weren't affected by COIE, were they?

Outside of this, Infinity Man wins.

Gecko4lif
Originally posted by Harbinger
The New Gods weren't affected by COIE, were they?

Outside of this, Infinity Man wins.

Canonically they werent but darkseid was mad

amnesia
Originally posted by Gecko4lif
Canonically they werent but darkseid was mad

If darkseid wasn't depowered shit wouldn't be so cash in DCU

Nihilist
I'm from death of the new gods stomps. RKT

milkman
dur

amnesia
Originally posted by milkman
rkt? and he stomps? as i said most of the retarded thor fanboys are also thanos fanboys like quanchi and this idiot what a surprise

on the subject IM stomps him very hard

I wonder what Thor did to you, are you angry that the majority of comic book readers agree that Thor beats superman?

I think so you arrogant buffoon.

****ing socks are cancer.

milkman
dur

Nihilist
rkt? and he stomps? as i said most of the retarded thor fanboys are also thanos fanboys like quanchi and this idiot what a surprise

on the subject IM stomps him very hard Thanks for confirming you are stupid, I said Infinity Man from DOTNG stomps RKT

amnesia
oh shut up you ****in doom fanboy who ever spoke to your ass? i dont give a f^ck about thor its just that he isnt that powerful as his retarded fanboys are trying to make him now GTFO

I think a bigoted, backwards fellow like you have no freaking right to call others retarded.

Seriously, stop posting here, most people here are sick and tired of your obvious incompetence. You are not wanted, shoo!

Stoic
The Infinity Man wasn't as impressive in Death of the New Gods as some would make him out to be. Superman was about to break his a$$ before he was locked in a light construct or some such prison. Rune King Thor was on another level in my opinion. This is a no contest scenario, and RK Thor would win with little trouble.

BattleMage
RKT

Prep-Man
Originally posted by Nihilist
Thanks for confirming you are stupid, I said Infinity Man from DOTNG stomps RKT

Another cancer stomped. I'm leaning towards IM. Orion has commented on his power in the past and he killed all the NG's.

Stoic
Originally posted by Prep-Man
Another cancer stomped. I'm leaning towards IM. Orion has commented on his power in the past and he killed all the NG's.

Are you willing to state that Superman is more powerful than Rune King Thor was, due to hyperbole? If you read Death of the New Gods you would have seen that Superman had the Infinity Man on the ropes, and he had to trap Superman in some sort of light construct to escape defeat.

I'm all about giving credit where it's due, but I'm not at all convinced that Superman was or is on Rune King Thor's level, not when he had a hard time with regular old Thor.

Prep-Man
Uh, IM dwarfs Orion and Superman in power. In general. Has been for his entire career.

Stoic
That's not the way that it looked in The Death of the New Gods, I'll go with what is considered cannonical over an assumption, no offense. As I stated earlier Superman was going to bust IM's A$$. If Superman had him on the ropes Rune King Thor would pulverive him. RK Thor rumpled Captain America's Shield, which was quite the feat, while Superman was tanking IM's best blows.

Prep-Man
It's not the first time IM has encountered Orion or Superman. Originally IM = Darkseid for the most part. Orion admitted a few times that IM dwarfed him in power.

Stoic
Well my guess is that the Source must have weakened him, because Big Blue was turning him out. The thread starter stated that this is the Source powered Infinity Man vs RK Thor. His showings were not as impressive as RK Thors were if we take his battle with Kal-El into consideration.

Stoic
Whoops you are the thread starter. LOL!

Prep-Man
If you think about it, it doesn't make sense. Orion was going toe to toe with Superman in that series. Than was killed easily by IM. Same with all the NG's. IM has a near perfect record against top tiers from what I remember.

I don't even remember Superman punking IM. Do you have the scans?

Stoic
No scans on hand, but when IM took out Orion there was no footage to tell what had happened, as far as any are concerned he beat them all by subterfuge, and not by pure power. He's powerful, but there really wasn't anything or anyone other than Superman to compare him to. Every New God killed aside from Orion never saw it coming, or it was too late by the time that they did.

Stoic
Guy may have scans though.

Prep-Man
It speaks a bit of power on IM side, seeing as most NG's have a MB that can warn of enemies or danger. Like a Spidey sense. big grin

amnesia
Yes well obviously deat of the new gods IM beats the **** out of RKT.

Stoic
Originally posted by amnesia
Yes well obviously deat of the new gods IM beats the **** out of RKT.

I don't see what your reasoning for saying that is aside from hyperbole. The Infinity Man did little to prove that he was above high herald status. No one saw him kill a New God, as far as anyone could tell, he killed his victims by surprise. I have every book of the series, and not once did I see the Infinity Man defeat another New God. Barda was found dead, with no clue as to whom killed her, and no signs of struggle... like I said as far as anyone knows he could have killed them in their sleep, or caught them unawares, sh&t Mary Jane Watson could kill a New God if they didn't suspect that she was their assassin.

The fact still remains that if we want to guage his strengths, the only thing that we can go by is his battle with Superman, and Superman was clearly gaining momentum against him. RK Thor would have no such trouble with Superman.

Prep-Man
But he's beaten NG's in the past. If you take what Galan said, DONG IM= any IM. There is no difference.

amnesia
Originally posted by Stoic
I don't see what your reasoning for saying that is aside from hyperbole. The Infinity Man did little to prove that he was above high herald status. No one saw him kill a New God, as far as anyone could tell, he killed his victims by surprise. I have every book of the series, and not once did I see the Infinity Man defeat another New God. Barda was found dead, with no clue as to whom killed her, and no signs of struggle... like I said as far as anyone knows he could have killed them in their sleep, or caught them unawares, sh&t Mary Jane Watson could kill a New God if they didn't suspect that she was their assassin.

The fact still remains that if we want to guage his strengths, the only thing that we can go by is his battle with Superman, and Superman was clearly gaining momentum against him. RK Thor would have no such trouble with Superman.

he beat the miracle man who used the anti life equation.

amnesia
mister miracle*

iceman24567
IM stomps

Stoic
I hate to go on what others have said in the past, but damage is a great way of measuring power.

Superman as I stated earlier was a match for DONG's Infinity Man. If Superman could push IM back RK Thor would do the same only better. What I am saying is canonical, anything else is simply how people feel that their battle should have gone, and not how it is.

lightyeargee
I hate to go on what others have said in the past, but damage is a great way of measuring power.

Superman as I stated earlier was a match for DONG's Infinity Man. If Superman could push IM back RK Thor would do the same only better. What I am saying is canonical, anything else is simply how people feel that their battle should have gone, and not how it is. No Superman wasn't. LOL. I'm didn't want to kill Superman. That was obvious that I'm simply held Superman easily in a block of energy. He could have simpky Killed Superman if he wanted to. Unless you think Superman is greater than Takion with Highfather's staff. I'm simpky turned off Takion's powers. He could have done the same to Superman if he wanted to kill him. Orion was matching Superman without his AF. In a full display of Orion's might, Superman was in awe and Orion still lost and nearly died. Your reasoning is way off without ontext.

iceman24567

Superman as I stated earlier was a match for DONG's Infinity Man. If Superman could push IM back RK Thor would do the same only better. What I am saying is canonical, anything else is simply how people feel that their battle should have gone, and not how it is.
So are you going to ignore how easily IM took out EVERY newgod because Superman held his own against a IM that wanted little to do with Clark? His goal was to kill all the Newgods if he wanted to he could have killed Superman too but that wasn't what the source wanted. IM and Mister Miracle were on a different level above skyfathers. IM stomps.

Stoic
Originally posted by iceman24567
So are you going to ignore how easily IM took out EVERY newgod because Superman held his own against a IM that wanted little to do with Clark? His goal was to kill all the Newgods if he wanted to he could have killed Superman too but that wasn't what the source wanted. IM and Mister Miracle were on a different level above skyfathers. IM stomps.

What you say makes loads of sense to me, but at the same time IM acknowledged Supermans power. He was also stunned by the power of his attacks, maybe the story was written very poorly. On this note RK Thor was also above Skyfather level was he not?

lightyeargee
What you say makes loads of sense to me, but at the same time IM acknowledged Supermans power. He was also stunned by the power of his attacks, maybe the story was written very poorly. On this note RK Thor was also above Skyfather level was he not? You do know that DC considers Superman as Skyfather right? He even said he turned down an offer to join the QUINTESSENCE.

iceman24567
What you say makes loads of sense to me, but at the same time IM acknowledged Supermans power. He was also stunned by the power of his attacks, maybe the story was written very poorly. On this note RK Thor was also above Skyfather level was he not? DONG was strange to say the least erm. Nah i consider RKT peak skyfather level like Nabu

iceman24567
Originally posted by lightyeargee
You do know that DC considers Superman as Skyfather right? He even said he turned down an offer to join the QUINTESSENCE. Who cares what level they consider Superman is he's their poster boy their opinion on the subject is extremely bias.

amnesia
DONG was strange to say the least erm. Nah i consider RKT peak skyfather level like Nabu

Nabu would stomp RKT, and RKT is above skyfather.

iceman24567
Nabu wouldn't stomp him imo no expression.

amnesia
Nabu wouldn't stomp him imo no expression.

Someone who could probably put down spectre for a while should be able to take down RKT quite handily.

iceman24567
It was a hostless crazy Spectre though not exactly abstract level

amnesia
It was a hostless crazy Spectre though not exactly abstract level

Well it did take all the magic in the universe to take him down

iceman24567
Well you could be right at the time Spectre already absorbed almost all the members of the Chaos and Order groups even the mighty deities that give Hawk and Dove their powers he also absorbed Shazam power too erm

Omega Vision
You do know that DC considers Superman as Skyfather right? He even said he turned down an offer to join the QUINTESSENCE.
When was this?

iceman24567
Originally posted by Omega Vision
When was this? A while back scans should be in his respect thread. It was like they considered him a peer which is kinda dumb imo

Omega Vision
A while back scans should be in his respect thread. It was like they considered him a peer which is kinda dumb imo
Incredibly dumb.

Highfather communes with the Source, Ganthet can crack a planet with a stray thought, Shazam controls most of the ordered magic in the Universe, Zeus is...well he's Zeus, and the Phantom Stranger can't be killed even by the Spectre.

Superman...well Superman can go really fast, has heat vision, and can punch things.

Then again he did do A LOT better against Emperor Joker than the Quintessence did. stick out tongue

amnesia
Incredibly dumb.

Highfather communes with the Source, Ganthet can crack a planet with a stray thought, Shazam controls most of the ordered magic in the Universe, Zeus is...well he's Zeus, and the Phantom Stranger can't be killed even by the Spectre.

Superman...well Superman can go really fast, has heat vision, and can punch things.

Then again he did do A LOT better against Emperor Joker than the Quintessence did. stick out tongue

Superman>most things in the DCU

Rage.Of.Olympus
I'm honestly not surprised. The DC Quintessence is made up of a bunch of overrated, nearly feat less old men who in the end nearly all failed in their endeavors.

I haven't seen Highfather, Zeus, or the Phantom Stranger do shit in terms of power.

Ganthet isn't a guardian anymore so that's a plus. Those blue little dwarfs need to be locked away. They are so useless.

Shazam has a few feats.

whistle

amnesia
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
I'm honestly not surprised. The DC Quintessence is made up of a bunch of overrated, nearly feat less old men who in the end nearlyall failed in their endeavors.

I haven't seen Highfather, Zeus, or the Phantom Stranger do shit in terms of power.

Ganthet isn't a guardian anymore so that's a plus. Those blue little dwarfs need to be locked away. They are so useless.

Shazam has a few feats.

THEY KILLED A GUARDIAN

That line have been spouted so many times the last couple of years that it's not even funny.

Prep-Man
I'm honestly not surprised. The DC Quintessence is made up of a bunch of overrated, nearly feat less old men who in the end nearlyall failed in their endeavors.

Shazam has a few feats.

whistle

Check out PS's old series. He has some decent ones in their. Also, SHAZAM and Ganthet have feats under their belt, if you count Pre-crisis.

Colossus-Big C
Someone who could probably put down spectre for a while should be able to take down RKT quite handily. DC Zeus hardley even acknowledge spectre when he came to olympus once, he is inconsistant

Colossus-Big C
I'm honestly not surprised. The DC Quintessence is made up of a bunch of overrated, nearly feat less old men who in the end nearly all failed in their endeavors.

Shazam has a few feats.

whistle high father and zeus went toe to toe with the source and caused it to split into the anti life entity that feat shows how powerful these guys are
but besides that it says in context that shazam controls nearly all order magic in the universe and zeus is considered the god of magic period
phantom stranger is a fallen angel like lucifer

amnesia
Originally posted by Colossus-Big C
high father and zeus went toe to toe with the source and caused it to split into the anti life entity that feat shows how powerful these guys are
but besides that it says in context that shazam controls nearly all order magic in the universe and zeus is considered the god of magic period
phantom stranger is a fallen angel like lucifer

we don't know who the phantom stranger is.

Colossus-Big C
we don't know who the phantom stranger is. i thought it was revealed that he is a fallen angel

lightyeargee
Ganthet was the Battery of the Blue Lanterns right? The ones that boost the Green Rings to near infinite levels?

Zeus's shield could deflect the Omegas. He was also the one who defeat Cronos. The Titan God who nearly pwned Heaven. Zeus was also the one who sealed away the Shattered God the first time.

Highfather did create Takion. He also busted the Source wall with DS. A feat that only happened with greater than Skyfather power.
The Quintessence also has the distinct advantage of having no copies thru out the multiverse. There is only one set of them. The same guys gave Gog the staff that Busted the walls of Hypertime. Thier power also blew a hole in a 5d imp. Infinity doesn't have many feats either but I'm guessing she could beat Thanos in a fight. smile

amnesia
Originally posted by Colossus-Big C
i thought it was revealed that he is a fallen angel

there is a bunch of "myths" behind him. I personally think he is far to cool to be an "angel"

lightyeargee
there is a bunch of "myths" behind him. I personally think he is far to cool to be an "angel" PS was an angel that decided not to chose sides in the war in heaven. He is an angel. Fallen but not a demon.

amnesia
PS was an angel that decided not to chose sides in the war in heaven. He is an angel. Fallen but not a demon.

Origin

The most striking aspect of the Phantom Stranger is that his name, his true nature, and his origins have never been revealed. DC produced a special issue of Secret Origins that postulated no less than four equally possible origins:

1. One proposes the Stranger was originally a private citizen during biblical times and was spared God's wrath. An angel was sent to deliver him from divine wrath. After questioning God's actions, he commits suicide. The angel forbids his spirit from entering the afterlife, reanimates his body and condemns him to walk the world forever to be a part of humanity but also forever separated from it. He then discovered his divine charge, to turn humanity away from evil, one soul at a time. Some versions of this story imply that the angel to do this was not just a random angel but the incarnation of The Spectre of that time period.
2. In a variation of the Wandering Jew story, he was a man named Isaac with a wife (Rebecca) and a son during the time of Jesus' childhood. When King Herod heard that there was born a child who would be king of the Jews, he ordered the deaths of all baby boys in order to kill the Christ child. Among the people killed were Isaac's wife and son. Blind with anger, he spent the next 30 years in a rage against Jesus. Later, after being tried in part by Herod's son, Jesus was subjected to torture. On learning this, Isaac bribed a guard to assume his role in the flagellation of Christ. Upon this Jesus sentenced him into exile from his home and to wander until Doomsday. After the crucifixion, Isaac recognized his mistake and let go of his anger. He has since spent the rest of his life helping society, even declining an offer from God, father of Jesus himself, to release him from his sentence.
3. Another was a proposal that the stranger is a remnant of the previous universe. At the end of the universe the Phantom Stranger approaches a group of scientists studying the event, warning them not to interfere in the natural conclusion of the universe. The story concludes with the Phantom Stranger passing a portion of himself to a scientist, the universe is reborn, and the scientist from the previous universe is the Phantom Stranger in the new universe.
4. The final tale postulated that the Stranger was a fallen angel who sided with neither Heaven nor Hell during Satan's rebellion and thus condemned to walk the Earth alone for all time. Alan Moore wrote and Joe Orlando illustrated this story. This is also backed by The Word who said that the Phantom Stranger was a fallen one.

If dc revealed it I'm going to be sad and write an angry letter.

lightyeargee
Origin

The most striking aspect of the Phantom Stranger is that his name, his true nature, and his origins have never been revealed. DC produced a special issue of Secret Origins that postulated no less than four equally possible origins:

1. One proposes the Stranger was originally a private citizen during biblical times and was spared God's wrath. An angel was sent to deliver him from divine wrath. After questioning God's actions, he commits suicide. The angel forbids his spirit from entering the afterlife, reanimates his body and condemns him to walk the world forever to be a part of humanity but also forever separated from it. He then discovered his divine charge, to turn humanity away from evil, one soul at a time. Some versions of this story imply that the angel to do this was not just a random angel but the incarnation of The Spectre of that time period.
2. In a variation of the Wandering Jew story, he was a man named Isaac with a wife (Rebecca) and a son during the time of Jesus' childhood. When King Herod heard that there was born a child who would be king of the Jews, he ordered the deaths of all baby boys in order to kill the Christ child. Among the people killed were Isaac's wife and son. Blind with anger, he spent the next 30 years in a rage against Jesus. Later, after being tried in part by Herod's son, Jesus was subjected to torture. On learning this, Isaac bribed a guard to assume his role in the flagellation of Christ. Upon this Jesus sentenced him into exile from his home and to wander until Doomsday. After the crucifixion, Isaac recognized his mistake and let go of his anger. He has since spent the rest of his life helping society, even declining an offer from God, father of Jesus himself, to release him from his sentence.
3. Another was a proposal that the stranger is a remnant of the previous universe. At the end of the universe the Phantom Stranger approaches a group of scientists studying the event, warning them not to interfere in the natural conclusion of the universe. The story concludes with the Phantom Stranger passing a portion of himself to a scientist, the universe is reborn, and the scientist from the previous universe is the Phantom Stranger in the new universe.
4. The final tale postulated that the Stranger was a fallen angel who sided with neither Heaven nor Hell during Satan's rebellion and thus condemned to walk the Earth alone for all time. Alan Moore wrote and Joe Orlando illustrated this story. This is also backed by The Word who said that the Phantom Stranger was a fallen one.

If dc revealed it I'm going to be sad and write an angry letter. When Synnar the Creator was remembering his battle, the PS was there along with the Spectre and Michael and other angels.

amnesia
When Synnar the Creator was remembering his battle, the PS was there along with the Spectre and Michael and other angels.

And suddenly DC went down another notch, i don't think it's weird that marvel is dominating. Marvel cosmic stuff>>DC cosmic stuff.

lightyeargee
And suddenly DC went down another notch, i don't think it's weird that marvel is dominating. Marvel cosmic stuff>>DC cosmic stuff. I find that DC's emotion spectrum stories are kicking Marvel's Asses. The GL corps and stories connected to them are very good. New Gods and all related sucks. For sure. Wh Morrison tried to do with FC was ruind by Countdown. But it was never revealed for sure that the PS was an angel. He was at that fight at the dawn of time tho. And the LSH seems to be getting good these days.

Colossus-Big C
how is being an angel not cool? What the f**k?

amnesia
I find that DC's emotion spectrum stories are kicking Marvel's Asses. The GL corps and stories connected to them are very good. New Gods and all related sucks. For sure. Wh Morrison tried to do with FC was ruind by Countdown. But it was never revealed for sure that the PS was an angel. He was at that fight at the dawn of time tho. And the LSH seems to be getting good these days.

Starlin is the king of cosmic stories, i hope we agree there.

Also, Morisson, godly he may be, doesn't write much cosmic stuff.

lightyeargee
Starlin is the king of cosmic stories, i hope we agree there.

Also, Morisson, godly he may be, doesn't write much cosmic stuff. It was Starlin who wrote the Synnar Story that had The PS in the fight with the creator or what ever he was. Starlin is the Old king. I like the new guy who writes the GL events. He's the new King. Starlin isn't inventing anything new. The GL stories are taking one old Premise and opening up a new world of stories and concepts. Morrison's Rock of Ages was Pure Awesome. And Also the Mageddon Story was way cool. His angels story was super cool. FC was weaksauce tho. Or maybe it was just too complex.

amnesia
It was Starlin who wrote the Synnar Story that had The PS in the fight with the creator or what ever he was. Starlin is the Old king. I like the new guy who writes the GL events. He's the new King. Starlin isn't inventing anything new. The GL stories are taking one old Premise and opening up a new world of stories and concepts. Morrison's Rock of Ages was Pure Awesome. And Also the Mageddon Story was way cool. His angels story was super cool. FC was weaksauce tho. Or maybe it was just too complex.

Starlin retired, but he is by far the best ever.

lightyeargee
Starlin retired, but he is by far the best ever.

He was. But Johns, I think is his name, is moving to become the greatest. Those GL stories are amazing. And the way he writes the LSH, Supermen, and all others into the stories is amazing. Oh Grant Also wrote the fvck out of that Superman 3d 2 parter. That was amazing. Better than the actual FC book to me at least.

amnesia
He was. But Johns, I think is his name, is moving to become the greatest. Those GL stories are amazing. And the way he writes the LSH, Supermen, and all others into the stories is amazing. Oh Grant Also wrote the fvck out of that Superman 3d 2 parter. That was amazing. Better than the actual FC book to me at least.

Grant is like a mainstream Moore, he is by far the best writer in the DC staff, sinestro corps war was pretty bad, obviously just a arc to push the DCU forward.

lightyeargee
Grant is like a mainstream Moore, he is by far the best writer in the DC staff, sinestro corps war was pretty bad, obviously just a arc to push the DCU forward. Sinestro war did what it was supposed to do. Get us ready for the awesomeness that was Blackest Night and this new one, Brightest day.

WhiteWitchKing
Incredibly dumb.

Highfather communes with the Source

but Superman can see the Source Wall with his super vision while still on Earth.

but Superman physical force Darkseid into the Source Wall and create Boomtubes by flying really fast.

but Superman is (like) magic.

but Zeus is a ginger. If a ginger can be part of the Quintessence, Superman is over qualified.

but use are if you survive while everyone doesn't but stand around and do nothing. Superman can inspire like no other. When's the last time anyone's looked at PS and was inspired to do good?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.