Thor and Silver Surfer vs Cyborg Superman (w/ rings) and Black Adam

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Starscream M
Cyborg Superman has his sinestro rings.

Fight on DC Earth.

Which duo wins?

JakeTheBank
Henshaw: Rings or no?

Starscream M
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Henshaw: Rings or no? yes. edited op.

Slaanesh
Cyborg Supes is the most powerful here..so team 2 for majority..

Rage.Of.Olympus
No his not.

Team 1 win.

More rings don't equal more power, and current Lantern rings are more susceptible to energy absorption than usual. Not a good weakness to have against a Thor/Surfer combo.

byrdgang21
Thor/Surfer 6.5/10

Slaanesh
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
No his not.

Team 1 win.

More rings don't equal more power, and current Lantern rings are more susceptible to energy absorption than usual. Not a good weakness to have against a Thor/Surfer combo.

more rings does equal more power..that's common knowledge no expression

the more rings u got..the more energy u got..the more energy u got..the more power u got..see..it's as easy as that..Mongul with multiple rings was stalemating several top tier GL..it takes 3 kryptonian to beat Cyborg Supes with 10 rings..when Hal use the yellow rings..he take multiple of them so that he would have more power..but of coz he can't really manipulate it..but it still provide more power than a single ring..

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by Slaanesh
more rings does equal more power..that's common knowledge no expression

the more rings u got..the more energy u got..the more energy u got..the more power u got..see..it's as easy as that..Mongul with multiple rings was stalemating several top tier GL..it takes 3 kryptonian to beat Cyborg Supes with 10 rings..when Hal use the yellow rings..he take multiple of them so that he would have more power..but of coz he can't really manipulate it..but it still provide more power than a single ring..

I was certain it was the opposite. At least last time I checked.

I'm not sure how they explained it though. Don't know the issues off hand.

It should provide you with a bigger well of energy due to the ring charge limit etc. but it doesn't mean you are able to use the power more effectively than a skilled wielder. The power of a Lantern depends on the will and imagination of it's wielder and not the number of rings you have on your fingers. At least that's how I recall it being addressed. I might have a lantern ring on each of my toes and fingers, but I'm not beating Jordan even with a month of training.

Cannon fodder rule. Sodam Yat alone without any access to the Ion energy fared better than he did with top level Green Lantern's to help him. Shit, the bug came in and was more successful than them. It did have the element of surprise however.

I've seen Thor take on and plow through Hulk clones. Thor for Trans? I think not. You pit more than two or at max 3 characters against someone and their effectiveness drops unless said character is more powerful than the characters they are fighting.

shokosugi
Henshaw solos team 1

Slaanesh
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
I was certain it was the opposite. At least last time I checked.

I'm not sure how they explained it though. Don't know the issues off hand.

It should provide you with a bigger well of energy due to the ring charge limit etc. but it doesn't mean you are able to use the power more effectively than a skilled wielder. The power of a Lantern depends on the will and imagination of it's wielder and not the number of rings you have on your fingers. At least that's how I recall it being addressed. I might have a lantern ring on each of my toes and fingers, but I'm not beating Jordan even with a month of training.

Cannon fodder rule. Sodam Yat alone without any access to the Ion energy fared better than he did with top level Green Lantern's to help him. Shit, the bug came in and was more successful than them. It did have the element of surprise however.

I've seen Thor take on and plow through Hulk clones. Thor for Trans? I think not. You pit more than two or at max 3 characters against someone and their effectiveness drops unless said character is more powerful than the characters they are fighting.

well..that's also true..but i'm just talking about power..more rings equals more power as long as the user can manipulate the ring..and Cyborg Supes shows that he can manipulate fear..he beat Supes easily with it..

Yat didn't do any better..Mongul was fine..Sinestro himself got stomp by Mongul..and Mongul just got the rings..he didn't got a year or more to train..

all i'm saying is more rings equals more power as long as u can manipulate it..and i would give Cyborg Supes or Mongul a win against any high herald..

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by shokosugi
Henshaw solos team 1

Phuck no, and I'm a Henshaw fanboy. I had the sig to prove it.

lightyeargee
Cyborg Superman is nearly Impossible to beat without th rings. Look at how his body partially survived a Galaxy busting Explosion with Anti-Matter energy in the middle of it. Thor and Surfer couldn't possibly defeat him. Especially with ten sinestro rings. He beat Superman like an 8th grader would beat a 1st grader.

psycho gundam
this guy that trolls this forum from time to time named nvr failed the 1st grade about 12 times, so i know that analogy is bs

lightyeargee
Originally posted by psycho gundam
this guy that trolls this forum from time to time named nvr failed the 1st grade about 12 times, so i know that analogy is bs I got a stupid inbox from someone calling me nvr. I thought that was silly and Now I see you are doing the same thing. Someone earlier posted that this sight used to have quailty posters. I see why they left. I haven't done anything to anyone but posted valid opinions and people are sending me silly messages about someone who obviously must have disagreed alot with your opinions. Which is a disgrace, that someone who disagrees is mistreated. Since web sites generally make money from the traffic they get, it would behoove you to be nice and keep the traffic up and not run away new posters. Especially with the crazy amounts of bans I see here. Never saw so many banned posters in all my days.

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by lightyeargee
Cyborg Superman is nearly Impossible to beat without th rings. Look at how his body partially survived a Galaxy busting Explosion with Anti-Matter energy in the middle of it. Thor and Surfer couldn't possibly defeat him. Especially with ten sinestro rings. He beat Superman like an 8th grader would beat a 1st grader.

Energy, meet Mjolnir. Mjolnir, absorb Energy.

smile

lightyeargee
Energy, meet Mjolnir. Mjolnir, absorb Energy.

smile Too bad Mjolnir would be useless since Henshaw would be far far faster than Thor. And Henshaw also Manipulated Source wall. a Divine material. Who's to say he won't manipulate The Hammer?

JakeTheBank
Too bad Mjolnir would be useless since Henshaw would be far far faster than Thor. And Henshaw also Manipulated Source wall. a Divine material. Who's to say he won't manipulate The Hammer?

Lol?

Henshaw isn't manipulating Mjolnir. At all.

lightyeargee
Lol?

Henshaw isn't manipulating Mjolnir. At all. The same way the source wall had never be manipulated. At all.

JakeTheBank
The same way the source wall had never be manipulated. At all.

You know the context for that feat?

Unless you really think that Henshaw's technopathy extends to the point where he can just hijack skyfather enchanted weapons on a dime?

psycho gundam
I got a stupid inbox from someone calling me nvr. I thought that was silly and Now I see you are doing the same thing.

is that guilt you feel? i said no such thing here

Someone earlier posted that this sight used to have quailty posters. I see why they left. yes, bad quality, and the mods got rid of them since they were socks of a certain someone....who is not you wink

lightyeargee
You know the context for that feat?

Unless you really think that Henshaw's technopathy extends to the point where he can just hijack skyfather enchanted weapons on a dime? Source wall is far beyond Skyfather power. Abstract level beings couldn't even manipulate it. Henshaw did. Yes I do think Henshaw could hijack Thor's hammer. Henshaw's Technopathy extends to more than just machines. It works on simple metals, as we've seen him build his body out of nothing but scraps. It works on source wall divine materials. He certainly can much around with Thor's hammer.

lightyeargee
Originally posted by psycho gundam
is that guilt you feel? i said no such thing here

yes, bad quality, and the mods got rid of them since they were socks of a certain someone....who is not you wink Dude, what is wrong with you? Guilt? Someone sent me a message calling me this nvr. You then post a post about nvr in a thread I just posted in. What do you think it takes a rocket scientist to see that was you who sent me that inbox? Truthfully, many many many posters should be banned. LOL. All the trolling, insulting, diliberate ignoring of rules etc. I dont' see how anyone ever got banned here with the way you guys treat each other. It seems like a free for all. I come and just post opinions and I'm getting crazy inboxes and stuff.

JakeTheBank
Source wall is far beyond Skyfather power. Abstract level beings couldn't even manipulate it. Henshaw did. Yes I do think Henshaw could hijack Thor's hammer. Henshaw's Technopathy extends to more than just machines. It works on simple metals, as we've seen him build his body out of nothing but scraps. It works on source wall divine materials. He certainly can much around with Thor's hammer.

Do you think that Henshaw instantly took over the Source Wall when he was thrown into it? No, of course not. Unless you can show me Henshaw hijacking a skyfather embued magical/divine weapon in the midst of combat, or even relatively quickly outside of a fight, there's nothing to suggest that Hank is going to "take over" Mjolnir from Thor. And that's just if we assume Hank fights Thor and not Surfer, who has his own options of messing Hank up.

psycho gundam
pretty sure whatever you're talking about should have a name or whatever on it, i didn't send you anything

lightyeargee
Do you think that Henshaw instantly took over the Source Wall when he was thrown into it? No, of course not. Unless you can show me Henshaw hijacking a skyfather embued magical/divine weapon in the midst of combat, or even relatively quickly outside of a fight, there's nothing to suggest that Hank is going to "take over" Mjolnir from Thor. And that's just if we assume Hank fights Thor and not Surfer, who has his own options of messing Hank up. The only time we ever see Henshaw messed up is when DS regains Full power and uses the Omegas. They are greater than anything the Surfer has mustered in combat. With Ten rings, I doubt the Surfer has many options. You miss my point about the Divine Source wall. It's enchantments and protections were far greater than that of the Hammer. Even if it took a while for Henshaw to manipulate it, the fact that he did so should show us that the hammer should be cake. It's like If Superman lifts a mountain. I don't need to see him lift a car when He's already lifted a mounted. Henshaw's mountain was the source wall. The hammer is car in comparison.

JakeTheBank
The only time we ever see Henshaw messed up is when DS regains Full power and uses the Omegas. They are greater than anything the Surfer has mustered in combat. With Ten rings, I doubt the Surfer has many options. You miss my point about the Divine Source wall. It's enchantments and protections were far greater than that of the Hammer. Even if it took a while for Henshaw to manipulate it, the fact that he did so should show us that the hammer should be cake. It's like If Superman lifts a mountain. I don't need to see him lift a car when He's already lifted a mounted. Henshaw's mountain was the source wall. The hammer is car in comparison.

So just assume he can without on panel proof of him doing something in the midst of combat, much less against someone who has greater control over his weapon to begin with than Henshaw does?

Thor has absorbed the energies of the Null Bomb, so I assume he'll just drain all ten rings at once and depower Henshaw in an instant because Null Bomb > Qwardian Rings.

Only thing is, Thor has on panel proof of doing such a thing in short amount of time.

lightyeargee
So just assume he can without on panel proof of him doing something in the midst of combat, much less against someone who has greater control over his weapon to begin with than Henshaw does?

Thor has absorbed the energies of the Null Bomb, so I assume he'll just drain all ten rings at once and depower Henshaw in an instant because Null Bomb > Qwardian Rings.

Only thing is, Thor has on panel proof of doing such a thing in short amount of time. Funny thing about energies. Those that are backed with will power seem to be much tuffer to drain than those that are just free floating. Or how come Thor can absorb magnetic energy from the atmosphere easily but not from Magneto? You know Thor Absorbed the null bomb but couldn't crack Magneto's shields? LOL. He wont' be draining any rings when they are controlled by Henshaw's own will.

lightyeargee
Funny thing about energies. Those that are backed with will power seem to be much tuffer to drain than those that are just free floating. Or how come Thor can absorb magnetic energy from the atmosphere easily but not from Magneto? You know Thor Absorbed the null bomb but couldn't crack Magneto's shields? LOL. He wont' be draining any rings when they are controlled by Henshaw's own will. Also hasn't Henshaw in the middle of battle made his own Sinestro rings? So this guy can make rings, and control divine materials that not even abstracts could do. I am pretty sure he could wrest control of Thor's hammer from him. Hell, He could get inside the hammer.

JakeTheBank
Funny thing about energies. Those that are backed with will power seem to be much tuffer to drain than those that are just free floating. Or how come Thor can absorb magnetic energy from the atmosphere easily but not from Magneto? You know Thor Absorbed the null bomb but couldn't crack Magneto's shields? LOL. He wont' be draining any rings when they are controlled by Henshaw's own will.

Lol. Thor absorbed Magneto's shields and left him a defenseless feeb, so try again. Lowballing is beneath you. And Henshaw's rings are fueled by his ability to instill fear, not will power. I doubt very much he can instill much fear into either Thor or Surfer here.

JakeTheBank
Also hasn't Henshaw in the middle of battle made his own Sinestro rings? So this guy can make rings, and control divine materials that not even abstracts could do. I am pretty sure he could wrest control of Thor's hammer from him. Hell, He could get inside the hammer.

Making a Qwardian Ring on the fly =/= manipulating Mjolnir against Thor. Considering he's the Headmaster of the Manhunters and had been for a while, it's safe to assume he has had time to get more than intimate knowledge of the tech he's using. He has no such knowledge of Mjolnir. And nothing he's done even comes close to suggest he can do so in battle.

lightyeargee
Lol. Thor absorbed Magneto's shields and left him a defenseless feeb, so try again. Lowballing is beneath you. And Henshaw's rings are fueled by his ability to instill fear, not will power. I doubt very much he can instill much fear into either Thor or Surfer here. I"d wager Superman isn't afraid of much and Henshaw still pwned him. Thor has also met resistance form Magneto's shields. And a quardian ring isn't some natural or enviremental energy. The rings also absorb energy.

marvelmadness13
Thor and Surfer for a decent majority.

JakeTheBank
I"d wager Superman isn't afraid of much and Henshaw still pwned him. Thor has also met resistance form Magneto's shields. And a quardian ring isn't some natural or enviremental energy. The rings also absorb energy.

Only Superman has shown he is afraid of Henshaw. A magical illusion turned Captain Marvel into a being he feared/hated the most, and at the time, the result was Henshaw. He's admitted as much, and even if he's not scared of him very much now, Superman has more to fear from the guy than Thor or Surfer does. And Henshaw pwning Superman doesn't auto-translate into him pwning a completely different character with a wildly radical and different powerset. Thor has also absorbed Mag's shield, the Null Bomb, drained people of their energy/life force, etc. Qwardian rings use hard light constructs and energy manifested from the "emotion" of fear. Energy is energy, and Thor's absorbed it. Cosmic, magical, telepathic, magnetic, radioactive, life force, etc.

Thor's absorbing feats trump what Henshaw has shown using the rings, so he's not going to win a contest of energy drain with Thor.

lightyeargee
Only Superman has shown he is afraid of Henshaw. A magical illusion turned Captain Marvel into a being he feared/hated the most, and at the time, the result was Henshaw. He's admitted as much, and even if he's not scared of him very much now, Superman has more to fear from the guy than Thor or Surfer does. And Henshaw pwning Superman doesn't auto-translate into him pwning a completely different character with a wildly radical and different powerset. Thor has also absorbed Mag's shield, the Null Bomb, drained people of their energy/life force, etc. Qwardian rings use hard light constructs and energy manifested from the "emotion" of fear. Energy is energy, and Thor's absorbed it. Cosmic, magical, telepathic, magnetic, radioactive, life force, etc.

Thor's absorbing feats trump what Henshaw has shown using the rings, so he's not going to win a contest of energy drain with Thor. What I need is proof that Thor has drained a being with the herald level power of a quardian ring, that is as fast and strong as Superman, that also happens to be comics best technopath. Henshaw's will is incredible. Ready, Set go. Find a being that Thor has absorbed that is beyond the top tier that also happens to be super fast. Oh, Thor doesn't drain beings of this calibre on the fly. If he does, it should be no problem for you to show me Thor draining Gladiator of his powers, or Silver Surfer of the power cosmic.

JakeTheBank
What I need is proof that Thor has drained a being with the herald level power of a quardian ring, that is as fast and strong as Superman, that also happens to be comics best technopath. Henshaw's will is incredible. Ready, Set go. Find a being that Thor has absorbed that is beyond the top tier that also happens to be super fast. Oh, Thor doesn't drain beings of this calibre on the fly. If he does, it should be no problem for you to show me Thor draining Gladiator of his powers, or Silver Surfer of the power cosmic.

So you're going to demand proof of Thor absorbing energy from Qwardian Rings and not supply proof of Henshaw doing anything close to what you claimed him doing: taking over Mjolnir?

Thor's drained energy from sources greater than Qwardian Rings on multiple occasion. That's all the proof I need. And draining energy from a weapon directed at Thor =/= draining a High Herald of their own personal sources of energy. Manhunters have been shown to drain power rings of both green and yellow colors. Black Hand's cosmic divining rod absorbs cosmic energy, energy that the rings and fueled by. If I said Thor was going to specifically drain Henshaw of his energy, you'd have more room to stand on. His power rings, which are far from being limitless, are fair game. If Henshaw shoots a beam at Thor, he can absorb it. If he makes constructs, Thor can absorb them or just apply physical force to crush them.

And that's just Thor, not Surfer being brought up. And Henshaw's will has nothing to do with him resisting the energy drain from his rings when said rings don't run off of will.

Nihilist
Team 2 ftw, Adam would wreck Thor, Henshaw could hold Surfer off, and it ends with 2 v 1

Warlord
I also see team 2 winning. Howeven Adam wrecking Thor isn't happening

lightyeargee
Originally posted by Warlord
I also see team 2 winning. Howeven Adam wrecking Thor isn't happening I agree. BA is not wrecking Thor.

MrMind
Team 2

Eon Blue
Black Adam is the most powerful version of Superman to date, so Team 3 takes this.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.