Alex Mercer vs DMC4 demons

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

danteiscool
Alex with all powers/abilities upgrades against all of the demons from DMC4 including some boss demons such as Berial and Angelo Credo (he may not have been a demon to start with, but I hold him in higher standards than Bael, Dagon, and Echidna given the power of some of his moves and that Nero seemed to be fighting him more seriously than against the other bosses).

can Alex win this?

Demonic Phoenix
He absorbs all of them ermmvin

wammamram
that was retarded doh

FinalAnswer
Originally posted by Demonic Phoenix
He absorbs all of them ermmvin

I'm stealing that smiley ermmvin

BloodRain
Mooks;
Mephisto/Faust- Alex wont be able to touch them but they cant do lasting damage on him either.
Fault- If Alex slips up and doesn't watch where he's standing.
Frost- Are colder then absolute zero.
Blitz- Creature of lightning. Movements and attacks.
Bosses;
Berial- Hellfire may be too much for Alex, and he fights well for his size.
Any of the three humans turned demon (not sure about Agnus)- Agnuc can drain energy, Credo is skilled and powerful and Sanctus has strong magic.

FinalAnswer
Originally posted by BloodRain
Frost- Are colder then absolute zero.

Impossible and no.

BloodRain
Originally posted by FinalAnswer
Impossible and no.

ScreamPaste
Probably hyperbole or localization failure.

Absolute zero is the coldest it's possible to get to. There is nothing colder, ever. It would be impossible to invent something colder, because at this point there is literally no heat left for it to lose.

FinalAnswer
No, that's literally impossible.

Absolute Zero is when all molecular movement stops. You cannot get any colder then that.

Also, I demand feats.

ScreamPaste
True, needs feats. If they truly /are/ absolute zero, then they shouldn't be able to move, and it should kill Dante just to come within a certain distance of them. Everything nearby should be flash frozen just by it's presence as heat tries to occupy the frost, and leaves whatevers nearby..

Actually, the only way it could MAINTAIN such a temperature is to not receive any heat from anything else. Which means it can't cunduct heat from it's enemies and how cold it is doesn't matter.

so, either everythign nearby should freeze and it cannot be AbZero, or it can't conduct heat at all, and it can be AbZero, in theory, but it doesn't matter.

BloodRain
Yeah thats what I thought till someone made me read that. Then again things that come the demon world are different from the human world, who says that things don't work different for things from there. Feats of how cold they are? Well they are impervious to volcanoes and even live in them, not much else on that since they are only mid-levelled enemies.

ScreamPaste
Yeah thats what I thought till someone made me read that. Then again things that come the demon world are different from the human world, who says that things don't work different for things from there. Feats of how cold they are? Well they are impervious to volcanoes and even live in them, not much else on that since they are only mid-levelled enemies.

K, I'm gonna sort them in one of twotypes then.

Do they freeze the Volcano just by occupying it? If not, they do not conduct heat at all, and you wouldn't even feel how cold they are by touching them.

If so, they're going to be consistently gaining heat, and cannot be truly AbZero.

FinalAnswer
If they had Absolute Zero attacks, they would literally be the most powerful beings in DMC.

Absolute Zero would one shot Dante, and any other being in DMC.

BloodRain
Originally posted by ScreamPaste
K, I'm gonna sort them in one of twotypes then.

Do they freeze the Volcano just by occupying it? If not, they do not conduct heat at all, and you wouldn't even feel how cold they are by touching them.

If so, they're going to be consistently gaining heat, and cannot be truly AbZero.
From a world where the rules could easily be different seeing as its a different world and many thing that shouldn't be come from it. Then theres demon magic that can change the way it works (Think it was Dagons ice that was referred to as magic ice) and that they have the potential to control the ice emanated from them. Like in a bio that says they will freeze the air when using a certain attack.

If they had Absolute Zero attacks, they would literally be the most powerful beings in DMC.

Absolute Zero would one shot Dante, and any other being in DMC.
Then apparently Dante and higher demons are stronger then this.

Demonic Phoenix
From a world where the rules could easily be different seeing as its a different world and many thing that shouldn't be come from it. Then theres demon magic that can change the way it works (Think it was Dagons ice that was referred to as magic ice) and that they have the potential to control the ice emanated from them. Like in a bio that says they will freeze the air when using a certain attack.

If it's due to the fact that it's a different world, then Absolute Zero isn't as cold as the Absolute Zero in our world.

ScreamPaste

Then apparently Dante and higher demons are stronger then this. No amount of magic could bring something lower than absolute zero into our world without changing the laws of the universe. I'm sorry, it's just not how it works. I'm sticking with "it's hyperbole or localization failure".

Feats of the Frost? no expression

Edit: What DP said. I agree with.

SpadeKing
It's Capcom, they got normal humans exploding heads with knives. I don't expect anything else to make sense now ermm

ScreamPaste
Originally posted by SpadeKing
It's Capcom, they got normal humans exploding heads with knives. I don't expect anything else to make sense now ermm I'm kinda convinced the localisation team for DMC just writes down whatever sounds koolest or most powerful with no actual comprehension of just /how cold/ AbZero is. no expression Or what the implications would be. Because, ..Just wtf.

BEYOND impossible.

BloodRain
If it's due to the fact that it's a different world, then Absolute Zero isn't as cold as the Absolute Zero in our world.
If its measured as Absolute Zero then that term came from the human world.
No amount of magic could bring something lower than absolute zero into our world without changing the laws of the universe. I'm sorry, it's just not how it works. I'm sticking with "it's hyperbole or localization failure".

Feats of the Frost? no expression

Edit: What DP said. I agree with.

BEYOND impossible.
Feats? They are high non bosses, the only feats they have are in their introduction. Moves are shooting ice spears, displacing their molecules for invisible fast movement, ice fissures and ice regeneration.. Not that its needed.
Lots of things in this (and 90% of games debated here) do things that are beyond impossible by real world science and law. Only reason this is a problem is that they've actually stated something.

-,- was not looking to get into a debate about this. Either way Alex can't beat them.

ScreamPaste
Some games have things that are a little impossible, like Kratos not flying over the horizon when Zeus punches him, for sensibile and excusable reasons. (The game would SUUUUUUUUUUUUCK).

Prove it's not a localization error or pure hyperbole? Shooting ice spears and stuff? Loads of mooks do that. o_O

The thing with frosts being absolute zero? It's /beyond impossible, never demonstrates this, and has no logical reasoning to be so./

The Scenario
Even Metroid has the decency to specify that Samus' ice weapons are merely near Absolute Zero. In the same scan with the fully automatic nuclear explosion launcher, no less.

FinalAnswer

no expression

Dude, no.

Not only have you yet to provide feats proving it is indeed lower then absolute zero, NO being in DMC has shown to being able to resist against absolute zero.

BloodRain
@SP- The most basic things of super strength, speed and flight are impossible in real life, and if the impossible is the norm in game worlds anything beyond would only seem impossible.

Will take too long to find that exact quote in the original translations so if someone wants to try be my guest. Well they are the strongest under the sub-boss class.

Magic isnt backed by science and usually goes above/past/around it.

@FS- Didn't you hear what I said the last time? Unless they're important bosses there wont me many feats on them, Frosts are only high-normals so there wont be much besides what I've already said; impervious to volcanoes. Ice not effected by 1500C is more then enough for Mercer. Besides the frozen animations from Cerberus and the Frogs who cant be far from this and has resisted hellfire at least twicc (one particular heat is enough to destroy Frosts) so has a large temperature scale but its not point really as this ice can take down Alex.. the point to this thread.

To sum up as I know it will be ask again, magic can go past real world limits and if someone can prove that statement of them wrong then by all means. Nor is this really worth arguing against or for erm

ScreamPaste
This is only "a little" impossible. no expression It has a reason to be this way. sonic is a good guy, and destroying cities is not his thing. Also, depending on how gradually he accellerates, he could avoid damaging the ground.

Also, super strength and durability don't break any laws of physics.

The Frost thing is wholly different. It's just ridiculous for no reason.

BloodRain
This is only "a little" impossible. no expression It has a reason to be this way. sonic is a good guy, and destroying cities is not his thing. Also, depending on how gradually he accellerates, he could avoid damaging the ground.

Also, super strength and durability don't break any laws of physics.

The Frost thing is wholly different. It's just ridiculous for no reason.

Yeah three things that are physically impossibly are are so normal that it isn't even questioned. And those are the basic things out there. It doesnt matter if he's good, bad or wasted if something moves over Mach speeds through a city there will be damages. He doesnt usually start off slow for no reason, and I've seen him accelerate at blinding speeds before.

Those two would be a biological issue, the physics part would be from what happens from/with them.

So are a few Pokemon's dex strength feats, ridiculous for no reason but are not objected to and are used as legit thing feats even with no proof or reason.

ScreamPaste
Yeah three things that are physically impossibly are are so normal that it isn't even questioned. And those are the basic things out there. It doesnt matter if he's good, bad or wasted if something moves over Mach speeds through a city there will be damages. He doesnt usually start off slow for no reason, and I've seen him accelerate at blinding speeds before.

Those two would be a biological issue, the physics part would be from what happens from/with them.

So are a few Pokemon's dex strength feats, ridiculous for no reason but are not objected to and are used as legit thing feats even with no proof or reason. you're missing the point.

Sonic not causing damage has a reason, and in some cases is averted. (SA:2B, just running by cars sends them flying.)
Kratos not flying over the horizon when Zeus hits him.

These make sense, althoguht they shouldn't happen, because it'd cause problems.

Frosts being "beyond absolute zero" only causes problems, and it is beyond impossible to be colder than abZero. It's the total cessation of all movement. There's nothing left to take from it.

BloodRain
you're missing the point.

Sonic not causing damage has a reason, and in some cases is averted. (SA:2B, just running by cars sends them flying.)
Kratos not flying over the horizon when Zeus hits him.

These make sense, althoguht they shouldn't happen, because it'd cause problems.

Frosts being "beyond absolute zero" only causes problems, and it is beyond impossible to be colder than abZero. It's the total cessation of all movement. There's nothing left to take from it.

The effects not happening still counts even if they had their reasons. Sonic not destroying everything, Kratos not doing a NASA on all he hits, and mostly pkmn that can move and destroy mountains based on dex entries and no evidence or reason all in their own way fit into this.
Normal ice at 0C melts at 0C (and boils at 100C, yay for that first science lesson), this ice isn't effected in the slightest at 1500C heat.

Would say something on that strength/biology thing but its making me remember an.. extremely long argument I had on it with a friend >_<;
Side note- Absolute hot is.. hot o.o

FinalAnswer
@FS- Didn't you hear what I said the last time? Unless they're important bosses there wont me many feats on them, Frosts are only high-normals so there wont be much besides what I've already said; impervious to volcanoes. Ice not effected by 1500C is more then enough for Mercer. Besides the frozen animations from Cerberus and the Frogs who cant be far from this and has resisted hellfire at least twicc (one particular heat is enough to destroy Frosts) so has a large temperature scale but its not point really as this ice can take down Alex.. the point to this thread.

To sum up as I know it will be ask again, magic can go past real world limits and if someone can prove that statement of them wrong then by all means. Nor is this really worth arguing against or for erm

So there is no actual feats of Absolute Zero? k.

A being with absolute zero would freeze over a volcano.

So, wait, are you saying absolute zero is canon to frosts? Or what?

The Scenario
Absolute Zero is more of a time stop than a temperature effect. With absolutely no energy, it would be impossible for anything to move, including atoms. Absolute Zero would stop light. If one object reaches it, well, the entire universe would have to freeze in order to maintain it. An object like that would have to be cut off from the rest of the universe or in a closed system else it would absorb heat and no longer be Absolute Zero.

The Frosts might have once been Absolute Zero in a realm where physics are different, but the moment they entered the universe they would absorb heat and stop being Absolute Zero.

Demonic Phoenix
If its measured as Absolute Zero then that term came from the human world.
Then again things that come the demon world are different from the human world, who says that things don't work different for things from there.

Like the others have said, if it were even Absolute Zero, it would steal heat from everything in its vicinity and thus freeze even the environment and the air. That doesn't happen when they are in the human world.

NemeBro
The quote says the temp is "beyond" Absolute Zero.

That means that the temperature is above it.

Semantics brah.

BloodRain
So there is no actual feats of Absolute Zero? k.

A being with absolute zero would freeze over a volcano.

So, wait, are you saying absolute zero is canon to frosts? Or what?
Besides an in-game statement on them. And no not if they can control the ice like they can.

..wait, what?

Like the others have said, if it were even Absolute Zero, it would steal heat from everything in its vicinity and thus freeze even the environment and the air. That doesn't happen when they are in the human world.
Not sure what the two quotes were for. The realm they're from is different to out, but the labels and facts on them did not come from that realm. And it wouldnt be freeze everything unintentionally if they, being beings of ice with a high level of control, can control the ice.

A big deals being made over nothing confused

NemeBro
DUNT IGNORE ME YOU ****ER!!!

Also, what is up with the emo pseudo-nihilistic statement under your sig?

Just saw it.

Demonic Phoenix
Originally posted by NemeBro
The quote says the temp is "beyond" Absolute Zero.

That means that the temperature is above it.

Semantics brah.

On the negative scale, X being 'beyond' Y would mean that Y is greater than X.
Much like -5 is beyond -3.

That's how I view it.
Besides an in-game statement on them. And no not if they can control the ice like they can.

..wait, what?

Not sure what the two quotes were for. The realm they're from is different to out, but the labels and facts on them did not come from that realm. And it wouldnt be freeze everything unintentionally if they, being beings of ice with a high level of control, can control the ice.

A big deals being made over nothing confused

They have to be extremely good thermo-kinetics if the environment doesn't freeze over due to their temperature.
If they are extreme thermo-kinetics, they should be able to do a lot more than just form basic ice-weapons.

The only thing we have is them being immune to Volcanic temperatures, which aren't very extreme.
Granted, you do have a point about Mercer not being able to melt them, but he can just absorb them and use their abilities.

The Scenario
Thermokinetic. Basically means "moving the temperature." Then cryokinetic for "moving the ice." The thing is, stuff at Absolute Zero simply does not move. No energy, no movement. It just doesn't work.

BloodRain
Originally posted by NemeBro
DUNT IGNORE ME YOU ****ER!!!

Also, what is up with the emo pseudo-nihilistic statement under your sig?

Just saw it.
Oh that was to me? My bad, DP's got it covered.

Its a quote from The Way of Shadows, from an assassin.. urm 'wetboy' to his disciple to bring him into the business.

They have to be extremely good thermo-kinetics if the environment doesn't freeze over due to their temperature.
If they are extreme thermo-kinetics, they should be able to do a lot more than just form basic ice-weapons.

The only thing we have is them being immune to Volcanic temperatures, which aren't very extreme.
Granted, you do have a point about Mercer not being able to melt them, but he can just absorb them and use their abilities.

Elites with great control of their powers, possibly. Hey ice that isn't phased at 1500C is damn cold.

Its not him being able to melt them, its them being able to freezeKo him.

@Scenario- To be fair its not like we have organisms that are at that temperature (being a fiction and all) to say they cant move.

Sin_Volvagia
Mercer can defeat every enemy in the game (though the Blitz are gonna take a while to kill). Berial and Dagon/Bael are the only ones who can stop Mercer. Berial when pissed off unleashes a dome of hellfire and his fight with Nero reduced an abandoned mining camp to almost nothing. Bael/Dagon can freeze Mercer.

Nusa105
The answer is No

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.