Knight and Day.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

dadudemon
Staring Cameron Diaz and Tom Cruise.

This is a "spy" film. It sort of has the "feel" for the Borne films, but it is not nearly as serious.

A top-tier spy, running all over the world, with a dame in his clutches, fighting off the bad-guys with almost super-human abilities and skills...sounds very much like Borne Identity, eh?

But, that's where the similarities end. Tom Cruise does alright in his role as the "spy" and Cameron Diaz plays the same character she always plays: a ditsy blond that's almost oblivious.

Sometimes, Tom Cruise executes these absurd lines/actions that are so sappy that I am quite sure that that is what diabetes tastes like.

Story is alright. The movie, superficially, keeps you guessing as to 'who' is telling the truth, but, come on, the end result can be seen coming from a mile away.

It has an absurd resolution/ending and this may turn people off the to the film.

I am going to have to say that the fight scenes in the Bourne films are definitely better, but this movie still does really well in that department...for a non-Hong Kong Kung Fu film.

Overall, I give it a 6 out of 10. It could have been better in so many ways, but it still wasn't that bad. I'd say that this is definitely a renter.

Spoiler! (not really): the film does that stupid exploding car because it's gas tank was shot, trick. I face-palmed.

Edit - Why am I comparing it to the Bourne films? Because they are great movies that are similar to this film...at least for me.

BruceSkywalker
was Cameron showing her hot bod?

dadudemon
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
was Cameron showing her hot bod?

Yes.

And she definitely is a grade-a MILF.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by dadudemon
Yes.

And she definitely is a grade-a MILF.

Is this better or worse than when Cruise was in the Mission Impossible movies

dadudemon
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
Is this better or worse than when Cruise was in the Mission Impossible movies

Depends...really.

I liked the Mission Impossible films, more.

Rogue Jedi

Spoiler! (not really): the film does that stupid exploding car because it's gas tank was shot, trick. I face-palmed.

Tracer round, dude.

SnakeEyes
This movie looked really dumb, therefore I will not be seeing it unless it's for free.

dadudemon
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
Tracer round, dude.

That only works in a gas tank that has fuel mixed with air because it has been atomized. Mythbusters busted the myth, quiet severely, that a gas tank explodes when shot at, even with a tracer round.

Originally posted by SnakeEyes
This movie looked really dumb, therefore I will not be seeing it unless it's for free.

Honestly, it's a renter, at best. I gave it a 6 out of 10 because it's a good date movie...but it's not that good for anything else.

Rogue Jedi
That only works in a gas tank that has fuel mixed with air because it has been atomized. Mythbusters busted the myth, quiet severely, that a gas tank explodes when shot at, even with a tracer round.

Nuh uh I did it.

F0xHgH9RJXk

dalejustin1
Finally a great action flick with the perfect combination of action, humor, story, and romance. The cast was fantastic and so was the overall feel of the film. I also really enjoyed how every detail wasn't just bluntly explained.

Placidity
Tom Cruise was looking pretty hot in this.

Anyway, plot was so-so. The chemistry between Diaz and Cruise is what keeps this film afloat.

Rogue Jedi
Saw it. Liked it.

tom_servo
..Eh. Thought it was shit. The pacing was horrible, everything seemed just a little convenient. Yeah...another hour and a half wasted.

Dreampanther
Liked it because Cruise didn't take himself too seriously - it had more of a Diaz comedy / action feel - Cruise just doesn't cut it as an action hero for me, but he is quite enjoyable when he mixes it with some humour

Mr Parker
Cameron made this movie fun to watch.if your a guy who cant enjoy looking at her? big grin one of my favorites of the year mainly cause of her. big grin

jinXed by JaNx
I liked this flick, had a lot of fun with it.

MildPossession
It's a home viewing wait for me, but do like a Tom Cruise film when it's similar to his Mission Impossible films, like Cruise in action form.

jinXed by JaNx
you definitely shouldn't expect an action movie like Mission impossible. It's a full on comedy and borderlines being a parody of the action/spy genre.

MildPossession
Yeah I know, I meant Tom Cruise as an action character. I prefer him in roles like this and Mission Impossible, compared to say Eyes Wide Shut.

marthatorres
Cruise's character has a lot of military experience, and then a long career in the CIA. 40 years seems to be correct. His involvement with a woman in her 30s sound, so the right. This is the only part of the film is a remote reality. In his mid-60s, when he was man-made crystal skull.I think we should commend Diaz obtain such a role in her age. She has always been good at comedy, better than most of the younger, more obvious choices.

Pig Newtons
What is it with these unrealistic "spy" movies?

Seriously this looked so damn retarded I wouldn't see if if they let Macy Sky give me a blowjob for 2 hours.

And I'm a Tom Cruise fan!

This looked almost as bad as "Killers"

RE: Blaxican
I think the reason for why spy movies tend to be unrealistic is because real spy work is boring and monotonous as ****.

Esau Cairn
It was a badly editted piece of film.
Seriously I got the impression that the whole cast & crew were hoping all the close-ups of Cruise & Diaz would hide the plot holes & poorly written script.

The previews made it look funny but seeing the actual scenes play out was downright tedious.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.