How Much Hits can superman take from hercules

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Colossus-Big C
1.DC Hercules
2. Marvel Hercules

Wild Shadow
probably just the one knowing herc.. angel

Colossus-Big C
lol

dmills
Onewink

Mshinu
Herc snaps supes` arm, Kal passes out from the pain

r0nm0n88
this is a weird number to figure out. i mean are we talking direct punches to the face, as if superman is defenseless?

cause in that case, not many. i mean i would put supes and herc in around the same strength tier. supes being superior though. regardless supes still probably can only take 10max.

iceman24567
Herc punches Clark in the balls the end

cdtm
Supes took a lot from Maxima. Herc's probably not much stronger then she is...

I mean, he got his ass handed to him by Atlas (Ionic Wonder Man kicked his butt, and I'd place WM below Thor level..), and characters Thor's dealt with more handily..

Warlord
Originally posted by iceman24567
Herc punches Clark in the balls the end

you mean kicks, boy smokin'

Tattoos N Scars
Superman doesn't even notice the punch as Herc breaks his hand against Supes' jaw.

tsscls
He can take that much and not one inch more, but my wife says he can take six inches.

Rage.Of.Olympus
By the time Hercules' finished with Superman, all of the King Horses and all of the King's men, won't be able to put Lois' handbag back together again.

Mindset
Originally posted by cdtm

I mean, he got his ass handed to him by Atlas (Ionic Wonder Man kicked his butt, and I'd place WM below Thor level..), and characters Thor's dealt with more handily.. Wasn't Immortal Herc iirc.

Rage.Of.Olympus

I mean, he got his ass handed to him by Atlas (Ionic Wonder Man kicked his butt, and I'd place WM below Thor level..), and characters Thor's dealt with more handily..

Are you referring to the arc where the Avengers go to Olympus?

If that's the scene, it wasn't just Atlas who attacked Hercules.

Black bolt z
Originally posted by tsscls
He can take that much and not one inch more, but my wife says he can take one half inch. ninja

amnesia
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus

Atlas is like one of the strongest characters in comics as a whole, far stronger than green scar.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Thunderbolts Atlas was a beast. He was easily one of the physically strongest beings on Earth (Marvel or DC.) He even beat Genis to death.

OneDumbG0
Supes takes about as much as Herc would take from Supes (minus Supes accelerating across the solar system to throw a flying punch at Herc).

That is... unless Herc busts out the Sentry ball-buster on Kal. That'd be a one-shot.

amnesia
Thunderbolts Atlas was a beast. He was easily one of the physically strongest beings on Earth (Marvel or DC.) He even beat Genis to death.

a thunderbolt Atlas, thought we spoke of the titan m8.

cdtm

When Hercules goes looking for revenge, he admits how Atlas put him in a coma and left him with brain damage. That's some pretty serious damage potential there...

To be fair, Herc knocked around Atlas pretty badly in that story, and Atlas was claiming he was no match for Herc. But Atlas's heart also wasn't into fighting back.

Atlas can be a beast, but a lot of that is usually from either blindsiding his opponent by stepping on them, or poor tactics on his opponents part.

The fight with Wonder Man was a closer fight, and imo more indicative of Atlas's true strength, with Atlas clearly fighting for his life despite claims that he didn't want to fight, and getting the short end.

cdtm

True, but Genis's cosmic awareness was being suppressed by the Purple Man, and he didn't have time to erect a barrier.

Not to mention, he bounced back up from Thor's hammer, even after it penetrated his shield, so either Atlas can cause much more damage then the hammer, or one of the examples was PIS.

cdtm
Anyways, even if I'm underrating Hercules, Supes still has a history of taking good sized beatings from overpowered opponents. For example, a weaker version shrugs off Doomsdays best kick, and takes an extended beatdown from Lobo.

If Supes just stands there and takes it, he'll get hurt, but I can't see him folding over like a paper plane. Herc will work at it.

Rage.Of.Olympus
When Hercules goes looking for revenge, he admits how Atlas put him in a coma and left him with brain damage. That's some pretty serious damage potential there...

To be fair, Herc knocked around Atlas pretty badly in that story, and Atlas was claiming he was no match for Herc. But Atlas's heart also wasn't into fighting back.

Atlas can be a beast, but a lot of that is usually from either blindsiding his opponent by stepping on them, or poor tactics on his opponents part.

The fight with Wonder Man was a closer fight, and imo more indicative of Atlas's true strength, with Atlas clearly fighting for his life despite claims that he didn't want to fight, and getting the short end.

Once again, if your talking about Erik Josten, your forgetting some vital context.

1) Hercules had been fed large quantities of drugged alcohol meant to incapacitate him.

2) After being given said alcohol, Hercules engages and defeats Tiger Shark. Moments after, Hyde sucker shots Hercules, and the Wrecking Crew pound on him. After Hercules knocks them away, Erik grabs his ankle from behind and starts smacking him around. It should be noted that Erik even comments that Hercules' drugged state makes it easier to take him down, which should be obvious.

3) After Hercules was down, the Wrecking Crew, Hyde, and possibly Josten (It's been a while.) all started repeatedly pounding on Hercules until he was beaten to the point he ended up in a Coma.

I was not aware Hercules and Erik fought again. Issue number?

Which fight are you talking about? Erik and Simon have had three scuffles. Wonder Man looked superior in all three I believe.

Rage.Of.Olympus
True, but Genis's cosmic awareness was being suppressed by the Purple Man, and he didn't have time to erect a barrier.

Not to mention, he bounced back up from Thor's hammer, even after it penetrated his shield, so either Atlas can cause much more damage then the hammer, or one of the examples was PIS.

Still an impressive feat killing Genis.

erm

Thor tossed his hammer once which still got through his shield. Atlas pounded on him.

Genis who was an known foe to Thor tanking a hammer throw after it penetrated his shields, and in another story being killed from an onslaught by Atlas hardly indicates what you think it might.

If it helps you sleep at night:

Thor regulates the power he puts behind his throws.

amnesia
why don't they use the pym particles on Thor or Hercules? Imagine the strength!

Martian_mind

Which fight are you talking about? Erik and Simon have had three scuffles. Wonder Man looked superior in all three I believe.

He has a "win" over Simon in the first issue of his old ongoing, and a loss later the same issue, however it's because Simon dives inside him when he's giant because he's "too strong"

Of course, Ionic Simon should theoretically be stronger then Simon was at that point in time. (Never portrayed as such)

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by Martian_mind
He has a "win" over Simon in the first issue of his old ongoing, and a loss later the same issue, however it's because Simon dives inside him when he's giant because he's "too strong"

Of course, Ionic Simon should theoretically be stronger then Simon was at that point in time. (Never portrayed as such)

Really? I for some reason have this image in my head of Simon growing large and gaining the edge over Erik.

Did his power flop again?

I'll be back in 30.

Martian_mind
Really? I for some reason have this image in my head of Simon growing large and gaining the edge over Erik.

Did his power flop again?

I'll be back in 30.

That happened around like issue 25. It was after Simon had started mastering his powers. Something he forgot with his ressurection, though he kept the power of flight.

IIRC, He was losing to Eric even with the growing, except Eric lost his ability to keep together and faded away.

cdtm
Rage, Herc and Atlas fought in issue 22 of Thunderbolts.

And I just checked the issue. You're right, it gives the backstory how Atlas and six others drugged him and blindsided him.

The fight with Wonder Man happens in issue 42.

If someone beats him up in issue 32, I'd guess every ten issues is Atlas beat down day or something. evil face

FOOM
The answer is 97.

- or 2 in the nads.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Rage, Herc and Atlas fought in issue 22 of Thunderbolts.

And I just checked the issue. You're right, it gives the backstory how Atlas and six others drugged him and blindsided him.

The fight with Wonder Man happens in issue 42.

If someone beats him up in issue 32, I'd guess every ten issues is Atlas beat down day or something. evil face

Cool. I never got a chance to read the Thunderbolts issues 17-24.

Damn, Hercules was a beast in this issue. He took on most of the Thunderbolts and it was made pretty damn clear he was above Atlas and he beats his ass down.

Hercules was mortal at the time I believe, making it even more impressive. The drop in power was mentioned in the issue but most writers at that time didn't really take into account the loss of power.

At least to the full extent. Hercules' strength was reduced severely. At least back during the loss of power itself. In the original arc that he lost his immortality in, lifting up Black Widow, Crystal, Quicksilver with one arm was a strain more than he could bear or something similar.

This reminds me how much characterization Hercules got under Bob. He was much more than the goof most people believe he is.

And like I figured, it was stated that the beating he had received was what gave him the brain damage, and not Erik.

I assumed that was the fight. Erik was not interested in fighting. Wonder Man even comments on how Erik was not fighting back or something similar. Still takes a while to put him down. Props to Atlas.

cdtm
Yeah, it looks like Atlas is actually pretty tough.

I know he had problems with Hulk though, when the team under Hawkeye tried stopping him. I'm guessing someone on Supermans/Thors level could take him in a fair fight.

I still say Herc works at least as hard at dropping Supes, as Wonder Man worked at dropping Atlas. There's many, many examples over the years of taking a beating from comparable characters...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.