Gamora vs/ Super Girl and Wonder Woman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

killermover
Chick Fight LOL. Fight is to the death.

marwash22
As much as i hate to say it, WW solos

Q99
There was just a Gamora vs WW fight where Diana won.

Did you mean Gamora and Supergirl vs WW?

marwash22
^ think that was the intent; in which case, WW is going down. Super girl speed blitzes and gets Diana in a full nelson, then Gamora starts in with the body blows.

Q99
Originally posted by marwash22
^ think that was the intent; in which case, WW is going down. Super girl speed blitzes and gets Diana in a full nelson, then Gamora starts in with the body blows.

Uh, Diana's had a pretty easy time with Supergirl on multiple occasions.

marwash22
Originally posted by Q99
Uh, Diana's had a pretty easy time with Supergirl on multiple occasions in comics, where the writers have their heads so far up her ass that when they speak, she belches. I'll agree with you though, 'cause in a forum fight, where there is no PIS, there's no way in hell WW can keep up with Supergirl. So yeah, WW is going down. thought I'd polish your statement. no need to thank me.

Konton
Supergirl doesn't have any feats on Diana's level of strength, speed, OR combat prowess.

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by Konton
Supergirl doesn't have any feats on Diana's level of strength, speed, OR combat prowess.

psycho gundam
Originally posted by killermover
Chick Fight LOL. Fight is to the death. team

amnesia
wonder woman wink

marwash22
sneer

i think it's hilarious that in a fight to the death, Wonder Woman beats, not only Super girl, but Gamora as well. I guess being a Kyrptonian and having a hf doesn't mean shit unless your name is Kal-El. It pays big time to be one of the big 7 in DC.

the WW Slurp-fest continues.

lightyeargee
WW beat Supergirl fairly easily. Hell Black Mary was stalemating Spuergirl and Wonder Woman beat her easily. WW is vastly Superior to SG.

Konton
Team would have a better chance if we stripped away Wondy's flight. Then Gamora can get a piece of the action before Kara gets decapitated.

amnesia
sneer

i think it's hilarious that in a fight to the death, Wonder Woman beats, not only Super girl, but Gamora as well. I guess being a Kyrptonian and having a hf doesn't mean shit unless your name is Kal-El. It pays big time to be one of the big 7 in DC.

WW takes Kal-El to. And females aren't equal to males.

Q99
sneer

Uh, I'm really not getting where you're coming from here. Why do you dislike WW so much (which seems to have grown in the last few threads with her), and why would you think disliking her would affect her power anyway? She's long been shown to be a strong Herald-levelers in DC and DC's top female hero in power.

Kal-El is overall quite a bit more powerful than Supergirl (he's also taken her out pretty handily in fights), and Diana's much closer to him than she is to Supergirl.

Wonder Woman's got more muscle than Supergirl. The only category they might be even in is flight speed. We saw recently WW beats Power Girl, and Power Girl > Supergirl.

And while Gamora's dangerous, it'd be too easy to split the pair up and deal with each solo. Superman would take the pair the same way too.

marwash22
I dislike her, because to me, it seems like writers have gone so far out of their way to make her DC's HBIC, that she beats people she shouldn't logically be able to beat... my girl Powergirl being the prime example. Not disputing her power-set, just saying she's PIS-tastic and borderline haxx.

Black bolt z
Gamora and super girl takes the win easily.

Q99
I dislike her, because to me, it seems like writers have gone so far out of their way to make her DC's HBIC, that she beats people she shouldn't logically be able to beat... my girl Powergirl being the prime example. Not disputing her power-set, just saying she's PIS-tastic and borderline haxx.

How should she not logically be able to beat Power Girl?

She's got basically the same kind of godly gifts that Captain Marvel has, and him beating Supergirl or Power Girl wouldn't be PIS, would it?

It's not PIS if it's a consistent level of power in the higher rungs except for a few brief runs (like when Artemis took over and she wasn't WW).

marwash22
I'm not sure how to phrase my thoughts on the subject, so lemme just ask this: Besides the amount of time under yellow sun, what sets Superman apart, on a physiological level, from Power Girl or any other Kryptonian? Or better yet, what makes him stronger than Wonder Woman, when Wonder Woman is stronger than almost every brick in DC?

Q99
I'm not sure how to phrase my thoughts on the subject, so lemme just ask this: Besides the amount of time under yellow sun, what sets Superman apart, on a physiological level, from Power Girl or any other Kryptonian? Or better yet, what makes him stronger than Wonder Woman, when Wonder Woman is stronger than almost every brick in DC?

Bigger build for one thing, heavy muscle training for another. One thing to remember is when he was young and didn't have his powers/only had them at drastically reduced levels, he was still a farm boy who'd carry around hay bails and such so by the time his powers kicked in he had a really strong base to work with.

And, fighting high level bricks and such for many years, he's got exercise that's tough even on kryptonian muscles too, he has had to push himself at his limits on many occasions and thus is better at pushing himself to the edge of Kryptonian abilities than PG or SG, being more used to digging deep he can probably do it on purpose easier. Both his solar-absorbtion powers and muscles have been given more workouts than any other hero I can think of.

Kara's got the build of a fairly athletic teenager, Karen's significantly more buff and definitely closer to Clark's strength, she's also worked out a lot, but she's not as big, and doesn't have as much practice pushing herself to her max. So she's definitely closer to Superman in strength than SG is, but still there's a difference there.

Plus, Superman and Wonder Woman are part of the 'Trinity,' as discussed in the 52 issue series of the same name, and play important roles in the world which can affect power. There's sort of a chicken-and-the-egg "Does being part of the Trinity make Clark and Diana a bit stronger than their close rivals, or does being two of the strongest heroes make them part of the trinity?", but whichever the case there's some metaphysics of DC involved on why those two have an edge on others.

Btw, sometimes when I talk about the different strengths/powers of characters I'm referring to all-around combat power more than pure muscle. PG is pretty well up there in muscle, she compares herself to Captain Marvel (another near-Superman type), and the WW fight also showed she was strong and a half, but in terms of 'Power' Wonder Woman is higher due to other powers, skill with them, and approach (PG's pretty strait forward- and understandably, she didn't even have access to heat vision for many many years, and taking on foes strength to strength works well for her, so she doesn't have quite the finesse Clark or Diana do).

marwash22
Originally posted by Q99
Bigger build for one thing, heavy muscle training for another. One thing to remember is when he was young and didn't have his powers/only had them at drastically reduced levels, he was still a farm boy who'd carry around hay bails and such so by the time his powers kicked in he had a really strong base to work with.

And, fighting high level bricks and such for many years, he's got exercise that's tough even on kryptonian muscles too, he has had to push himself at his limits on many occasions and thus is better at pushing himself to the edge of Kryptonian abilities than PG or SG, being more used to digging deep he can probably do it on purpose easier. Both his solar-absorbtion powers and muscles have been given more workouts than any other hero I can think of.

Kara's got the build of a fairly athletic teenager, Karen's significantly more buff and definitely closer to Clark's strength, she's also worked out a lot, but she's not as big, and doesn't have as much practice pushing herself to her max. So she's definitely closer to Superman in strength than SG is, but still there's a difference there.

Plus, Superman and Wonder Woman are part of the 'Trinity,' as discussed in the 52 issue series of the same name, and play important roles in the world which can affect power. There's sort of a chicken-and-the-egg "Does being part of the Trinity make Clark and Diana a bit stronger than their close rivals, or does being two of the strongest heroes make them part of the trinity?", but whichever the case there's some metaphysics of DC involved on why those two have an edge on others.

Btw, sometimes when I talk about the different strengths/powers of characters I'm referring to all-around combat power more than pure muscle. PG is pretty well up there in muscle, she compares herself to Captain Marvel (another near-Superman type), and the WW fight also showed she was strong and a half, but in terms of 'Power' Wonder Woman is higher due to other powers, skill with them, and approach (PG's pretty strait forward- and understandably, she didn't even have access to heat vision for many many years, and taking on foes strength to strength works well for her, so she doesn't have quite the finesse Clark or Diana do). thumb up excellent post.

But i still don't like Diana.

cdtm
thumb up excellent post.

I prefer Barda myself.

But her animated movie is well worth seeing.

Q99
thumb up excellent post.

I didn't used to but she's had some really good runs recently that changed my mind.

marwash22
Originally posted by cdtm
I prefer Barda myself.

But her animated movie is well worth seeing. Power Girl, Barda and Shiva are among my favorite characters, male or female.

I haven't watched that WW animated movie but DC has had some good ones of late so I'll check it out.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.