Korialstrasz, Medivh, Cho'Gall Vs Deathwing

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Q'Anilia
http://img707.imageshack.us/img707/776/korialstraszcolor.jpghttp://img256.imageshack.us/img256/5632/medivh.pnghttp://img80.imageshack.us/img80/4020/issue223.jpg

Versus
http://img69.imageshack.us/img69/5188/deathwingcataclysm3.jpg

- Rules
* No DS
* Brief preparation
* No Endless Hunger (Although probably two of the three has what it takes to stop it)
* No Titan smiting (Medivh)

lordxalba
Iam not sure about it

ArtificialGlory
It's hard to sure about a fight like this. It's 50/50 for me.

Btw, how much more powerful did Cho'gall become after becoming transformed?

Q'Anilia
When Cho'gall transformed, he took the level of a Tirisfalen Guardian. He was butchering Med'an until he got Atiesh and even then he had problem. Not until Aegwynn gave him the remnant of her powers did Med'an tip the scale in his favor.

So basically, Cho'Gall displayed powers the equivalent of a guardian. Why equivalent and not superior, given how he was beating Med'an? Med'an is a rookie. But the aid having been given him in the fight puts him about the level of a true guardian.

ArtificialGlory
I'm pretty sure two Guardian-level beings would be enough to beat back Deathwing.

Q'Anilia
Deathwing is supposedly ten times stronger now than before, though. Presumably related to his pact with Twilight's Hammer.

ArtificialGlory
Originally posted by Q'Anilia
Deathwing is supposedly ten times stronger now than before, though. Presumably related to his pact with Twilight's Hammer.

Isn't that the cult that worships the Old Gods? I thought they were through with DW.

Q'Anilia
As did I. They are under his command in Cataclysm, and supposedly Cho'Gall is a raid boss in Grim Batol (Deathwing's previous base of command)

Utrigita
Even without Deathwings upgrade I still think he would be a very serious threat to both the guardians (Korialstrasz is imo a complete nonfactor), now giving Deathwing a boost of supposedly 10 times his powerlevel (not sure if it's a direct increase or a increase as a followup on him healing his wounds through a longer time period) and you have something close to a complete stomp.

Q'Anilia
Medivh's mother though, smited Sargeras avatar in a single blast and it was agreed upon in "Last Guardian" that Medivh is the more powerful of the two. It is also a known fact that Medivh struck down an adult dragon in a single attack during the weaving of a ritual at Karazhan.
Next to not be forgotten is the fact that Korialstrasz held his own against Deathwing during ""War of the Ancients", and while that was Deathwing before his plates, it was also an inexperienced Korialstrasz (In a relative sense)

Heythere,Honey
Damn, I just realized that "DS" stood for "Demon Soul". Or does it?

Obsidian Fury
The three will be crushed before the might of Deathwing. Need I remind you that while Medivh killed the adult dragon in a single attack, he did so under the influence of Sargeras and it was not until his second attempt that he took the dragon down. Medivh's first attack was shrugged of like yesterday socks, but under the influence of Sargeras was Medivh able to at his second attempt burn and shatter the dragon with a spell targeting the insides of the beast rather than the surface.

As such, Medivh beat Arcanagos with fire. Something he is unable to repeat against the beast Deathwing who literally lives on the fire and lava flowing inside of him.

Korialstrasz toppled Deathwing briefly during WotA, but Deathwing recovered rapidly and took that fight home as well, this before his adamantium plates and Korialstrasz is the muscles of the trio. In DotD Deathwing also showed himself to be highly resilient towards magic, shown both when he walk of Rhonin's spell designed to shackle ancient beings of great power, as well as when he fought the Dragon Aspects. It is surely agreed upon that the Aspects were weaker than they could be until the Demon Soul was destroyed, but each one still displayed power of significance.

It was not until after the forging of the Demon Soul that Malygos displayed his most powerful ability to date: The erasing of existance. For a significantly weakened dragon, erasing existance is by no means a poor feat.
Nozdormu can not be spoken freely of, as it is unknown if he was under the influence of the weakening effect of the Demon Soul by the hands of Soridormi when he fought the aftermath of the Old Gods reckless meddling with the past and kept the very fabrics of reality from falling apart. We do know that even for the duration of Demon Soul's existance, Nozdormu showed a great deal of power in the ways of time.
It was not until towards the end of WotA that Ysera displayed what can surely be considered one of the most impressive feats in all of Warcraft, when she discovered her fallen mate and with a single thought annihilated every enemy in the entire landscape.
Deathwing fought these three at the same time and was winning.

Strange as it may seem, the greatest challenge in my eyes is Cho'Gall, and even he stand no chance. Large as he may be, he's still only one grab away from being flunged into the sky. The resistance displayed by Deathwing is too vast, even for Cho'Gall who displayed a nick for breaking through magical barriers. In Med'ans favor though, the focus of the New Council of Tirisfal wavered when a demon breached their realm. This dent Cho'Galls capabilities and we can not with certainty say on what level he is. Med'an, an amateur in the arts of magic (Although admittedly gifted by Medivh himself) required an amplified state in form of a boost from Aegwynn, who even in her retired days has displayed power of magnificent levels.

My conclusion: Deathwing stomp.

ArtificialGlory
Originally posted by Obsidian Fury
The three will be crushed before the might of Deathwing. Need I remind you that while Medivh killed the adult dragon in a single attack, he did so under the influence of Sargeras and it was not until his second attempt that he took the dragon down. Medivh's first attack was shrugged of like yesterday socks, but under the influence of Sargeras was Medivh able to at his second attempt burn and shatter the dragon with a spell targeting the insides of the beast rather than the surface.

As such, Medivh beat Arcanagos with fire. Something he is unable to repeat against the beast Deathwing who literally lives on the fire and lava flowing inside of him.

Korialstrasz toppled Deathwing briefly during WotA, but Deathwing recovered rapidly and took that fight home as well, this before his adamantium plates and Korialstrasz is the muscles of the trio. In DotD Deathwing also showed himself to be highly resilient towards magic, shown both when he walk of Rhonin's spell designed to shackle ancient beings of great power, as well as when he fought the Dragon Aspects. It is surely agreed upon that the Aspects were weaker than they could be until the Demon Soul was destroyed, but each one still displayed power of significance.

It was not until after the forging of the Demon Soul that Malygos displayed his most powerful ability to date: The erasing of existance. For a significantly weakened dragon, erasing existance is by no means a poor feat.
Nozdormu can not be spoken freely of, as it is unknown if he was under the influence of the weakening effect of the Demon Soul by the hands of Soridormi when he fought the aftermath of the Old Gods reckless meddling with the past and kept the very fabrics of reality from falling apart. We do know that even for the duration of Demon Soul's existance, Nozdormu showed a great deal of power in the ways of time.
It was not until towards the end of WotA that Ysera displayed what can surely be considered one of the most impressive feats in all of Warcraft, when she discovered her fallen mate and with a single thought annihilated every enemy in the entire landscape.
Deathwing fought these three at the same time and was winning.

My conclusion: Deathwing stomp.

Now correct me if I'm wrong, but weren't most of these feats accomplished when DW still had the Demon Soul?

Obsidian Fury
That is my point. The creation of the Demon Soul required the essence of Ysera, Malygos, Nozdormu and Alexstrasza. This weakened the four aspects, leaving only Deathwing at his integral glory.

Certainly Deathwing would not have been able to oppose the erasing ray shot by Malygos if he had not the Demon Soul, but that still display the level of power on which Malygos remained despite being weakened.

So the fact that Deathwing shrugged of Malygos blast in DotD without the DS says a great deal of his resistance towards magic. Ysera displayed her awesome lessened power post-creation of the Demon Soul and he could still take her, Nozdormu and Malygos on without the Demon Soul in DotD and he was winning until Alexstrasza too got involved.

Obsidian Fury
Looking up Med'an on WoWWiki, something missed out has come to my attention. Med'an can no longer be defined as an amateur as he was not only gifted by Medivh directly, but when the New Council of Tirisfal appointed Med'an the new guardian, they granted him all their power and knowledge.

http://img21.imageshack.us/img21/899/medanguardian.png

I should also in remembrance add that while Med'an is not a veteran magician, he holds great power and significant knowledge even since before the becoming of Guardian of Tirisfal. Needs to be said also, in relevance to the next picture, that teleporting more people than just yourself is not commonly known, implying that Med'an is very comprehensive to magic already.

http://img413.imageshack.us/img413/416/cataclysm1.jpg

My conclusion: Cho'Gall defeated a full-scale Guardian of Tirisfal. It took the empowerment of Aegwynn and Atiesh for Med'an to turn the tide in his favor. My original conclusion remains. Deathwing will still stomp, but this emphasize my additional original point that Cho'Gall will provide most challenge, however little.

Utrigita
Originally posted by Q'Anilia
Medivh's mother though, smited Sargeras avatar in a single blast and it was agreed upon in "Last Guardian" that Medivh is the more powerful of the two. It is also a known fact that Medivh struck down an adult dragon in a single attack during the weaving of a ritual at Karazhan.
Next to not be forgotten is the fact that Korialstrasz held his own against Deathwing during ""War of the Ancients", and while that was Deathwing before his plates, it was also an inexperienced Korialstrasz (In a relative sense)

A avatar that was summoned by 4-6 dreadlords iirc a Avatar that wanted to be defeated in order to in the long run attain control over the child that Aegwynn would eventually gain. I think that is a important aspect of the battle that should always be brought in when looking at Aegwynn defeating Sargeras.
About the adult Dragon see Obsidian.
I won't exactly calling what he did holding his own as he got messed up pretty bad where as Deathwing iirc was close to noneffected.

Q'Anilia
"Korialstrasz collided with Neltharion as hard as he could, aiming for the areas least protected by scales. At the same time, the red unleashed a burst of flame towards the insane Aspect's eyes. He succeeded in startling the Earth Warder, but Neltharion did not lose the disk as Korialstrasz had hoped. The black dragon had a death grip on it. Even as Neltharion went rolling through the air, he kept enough presence of mind to prevent the loss of his cherished creation."

I am not saying that Korialstrasz held a winning battle against Deathwing, but I am saying that Korialstrasz stood up against Deathwing and proved that he was not physically incapable of making some difference, however brief.

"Before Neltharion could recover, Korialstrasz slammed into him again, this time driving his head into the black's torso. The Aspect gasped as the air was driven from him. His paw jerked open, and this time the disk slipped free"

I do deem this as holding his own, even though to remain fair towards Neltharion in terms of context:

" "Nooo!" thundered Neltharion. With a frenzied show of force, he shoved back the other dragon, sending Korialstrasz hurtling."

Albeit the source of inspiration for this statement of mine, this talk about holding his own, comes from the same page, briefly after Korialstrasz and Deathwing both had regained their postures:

"They clashed. So close, the Soul did not prove as useful as Neltharion might have imagined. Both dragons were momentarily reduced to claws and teeth, and Korialstrasz held his own."

None of the quoted paragraphs are in any way edited. Each and all as written by narrator. I will note of course that these quotes are without context of irrelevance, since I don't feel like copying entire pages. Feeling a little lazy, but to remain fair, Korialstrasz began the fight by catching Deathwing off-guard. He initiated combat with the first quote. It should also be added that Deathwing overestimated himself in the manner that he thought no one would dare oppose him, nor that anyone had the power to do so. While he was right on the latter part, Korialstrasz proved relatively successful (However briefly).

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.