Predictions for the New X-force team

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Trackz
http://www.comicbookresources.com/assets/images/articles/1271613519.jpg

we've been given this along with clues that:
only one or two of the members will be former x-force members
none of the other characters will have ties with the x-force
they are bringing in a-list heroes to fight apocalypse

from this picture, the only obvious ones, other than wolverine, appear to be elektra and archangel(possibly)

StiltmanFTW
That guy on the right is Fantomex, that's for sure smile

Trackz
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
That guy on the right is Fantomex, that's for sure smile that's one of the most popular predictions, at it looks like him, but fantomex doesn't fit the a-list hero description. while it would seem outlandish i would say it's possibly the punisher, but fantomex would be great on the team.

the one on the ledge has been argued either deadpool or blade,

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by Trackz
that's one of the most popular predictions, at it looks like him, but fantomex doesn't fit the a-list hero description. while it would seem outlandish i would say it's possibly the punisher, but fantomex would be great on the team.

the one on the ledge has been argued either deadpool or blade,

That wouldn't make sense. First The List, now Uncanny X-Men... Marvel has plans for him and if he's not joining X-Force, then I have no idea why they dug out that character.

Doesn't look like Frank to me. Is it true that he's going to be human again? And if so, then when exactly? After the crossover with Daken?

Heard that there are gonna be two leaders this time, so it's possibly Magneto, not Warren.

Trackz
That wouldn't make sense. First The List, now Uncanny X-Men... Marvel has plans for him and if he's not joining X-Force, then I have no idea why they dug out that character.

Doesn't look like Frank to me. Is it true that he's going to be human again? And if so, then when exactly? After the crossover with Daken?

Heard that there are gonna be two leaders this time, so it's possibly Magneto, not Warren. yea that would make sense, i guess not only heroes are getting recruited in.

yea, the cover for punisher #21 i think has him as a human.

magneto seems to powerful to be on the x-force team, I was thinking cable as the possible co=commander (if he survives), nick lowes gave away that warren would be hiring elektra for something, so i think it's possible that he sticks around on x-foce to bring in some of the heroes.

StiltmanFTW
yea that would make sense, i guess not only heroes are getting recruited in.

yea, the cover for punisher #21 i think has him as a human.

magneto seems to powerful to be on the x-force team, I was thinking cable as the possible co=commander (if he survives), nick lowes gave away that warren would be hiring elektra for something, so i think it's possible that he sticks around on x-foce to bring in some of the heroes.

I see.

They need power if this team wants to mess with Apoc. And apparently Magneto is not that powerful anymore (Predator X fight).

Trackz
I see.

They need power if this team wants to mess with Apoc. And apparently Magneto is not that powerful anymore (Predator X fight). true, but if you look carefully at the one in the air you can see they forgot to black out a little bit of white thats stemming fro the characters back

StiltmanFTW
true, but if you look carefully at the one in the air you can see they forgot to black out a little bit of white thats stemming fro the characters back

Wow, didn't see that before. So it's most likely Worthington, yeah.

Battlehammer
gambit is one of them and looks like maybe magneto but likely angle

Trackz
Originally posted by Battlehammer
gambit is one of them and looks like maybe magneto but likely angle i doubt gambit, they're trying to fight apocalypse, gambit is current struggling with his death persona and was once a horseman. remender stated wolverine was putting together a team of heroes they knew wouldn't side with apocalypse.

the flying one is probably angel
the one to the far left i have a feeling is blade possibly deadpool
then elektra (some think psylocke though)
then fantomex (that is also possibly blade/punisher)

remender stated it was an all star cast, but at the same time i feel like mutants would still be in the majority.

the sickest team i can think of is:
Wolverine = co-commander
Cable = co-commander
Angel
Blade
Punisher
Elektra

StiltmanFTW
gambit is one of them and looks like maybe magneto but likely angle

Gambit with a gun?

Trackz
here's another one, the cover is promoting all of wolverine's books, the three x-force characters can be seen in the background. angel might be somewhere towards the top.

http://i.annihil.us/u/prod/marvel/i/content/81544comic_storystory_full-6101698..jpg

i think the team is obvious now:
wolverine
angel
elektra
fantomex
deadpool/blade

StiltmanFTW
Good find!

It's probably Blade.

Trackz
Good find!

It's probably Blade. I'm hoping it's blade. Blade, Elektra, Wolverine, and Fantomex together is the dream team. I was thinking Cable is co-commander but Remender confirmed that these are the only five characters on the team.

srankmissingnin
I'm thinking the dude at the top in the original teaser is X-Man with a flowing clock, not Angel with wings. If its not, then Wolverine + four streets vs Apoc will be... "interesting". We'll find out soon at San Diego I imagine.

Daken's costume looks horrendous.

Trackz
Originally posted by srankmissingnin
I'm thinking the dude at the top in the original teaser is X-Man with a flowing clock, not Angel with wings. If its not, then Wolverine + four streets vs Apoc will be... "interesting". We'll find out soon at San Diego I imagine.

Daken's costume looks horrendous. apocalypse isn't at full-power. they're dealing with the re-incarnated apocalypse, he's only ten

crimsonphoenix
One of the guys remind me of Bishop...

Trackz
Originally posted by crimsonphoenix
One of the guys remind me of Bishop... which one?

Kazenji

i think the team is obvious now:
wolverine
angel
elektra
fantomex
deadpool/blade

Don't say that they're gonna use that Deadpool from the Wolverine movie.

Trackz
Originally posted by Kazenji
Don't say that they're gonna use that Deadpool from the Wolverine movie. what makes you think that?

crimsonphoenix
which one? The one without the coat. It reminds of the X-treme X-men version of Bishop. I am probably so way off.

srankmissingnin
Bishop would be a cool addition, but I don't think he has much chance of being friendly with any of the X-Men any time soon.

crimsonphoenix
:/ agreed

Trackz
:/ agreed bishop wears a trenchcoat? I also wouldn't be surprised to see bishop somewhere down the line.

crimsonphoenix
I said the one without the trenchcoat. It is possible tho it could be him the trenchcoat cause he did wear one too in X-treme X-men.

Trackz
I said the one without the trenchcoat. It is possible tho it could be him the trenchcoat cause he did wear one too in X-treme X-men. oh my bad, just saw that, has bishop ever used a sword? in the other picture that blacked out character has a sword

srankmissingnin
Even ignoring the sword that figure is pretty slender and Bishop is build like a 6 foot tall Wolverine.

The only silhouette with a body time close to Bishops is the cloaked/winged figure at the top IMO.

Battlehammer
blade seems likely due to current events with the whole vamp vs mutant thing

StiltmanFTW
blade seems likely due to current events with the whole vamp vs mutant thing

Exactly.

Trackz
blade seems likely due to current events with the whole vamp vs mutant thing well he could just follow his mess (like he's ben doing for a couple of years) and go aid the avengers when they find vampire problems.

the most compelling reason for blade is the fact that they want x-force to venture into all sectors of the marvel universe, and that would require having at least one horror character (wolverine covers almost all the others)

Trackz
http://www.bleedingcool.com/2010/07/13/marvel-to-announce-uncanny-x-force-at-san-diego-wolverine-archangel-fantomex-deadpool-and-psylocke/

disappointed in seeing more deadpool

StiltmanFTW
Who isn't...

Trackz
theyre giving him another series and a mini, now this too

StiltmanFTW
theyre giving him another series and a mini, now this too

Good thing they didn't put him in Shadowland vin

It's ironic, really... that he became so popular right after XMO movie...

Trackz
marvel has so many other characters that would do well to be on a popular team like x-force, but they keep throwing the same characters, happy for fantomex at the least.

Trackz
http://i.annihil.us/u/prod/marvel/i/content/13213storystory_full-9050680..jpg

and there it is officially

srankmissingnin
Having Deadpool on a team with Wolverine is one massive redundancy. He brings nothing to the table that wasn't there in the first place... and ontop of that he is a huge liability to everyone around him.

I knew it would be him but I was REALLY hoping it would be someone else.

Kazenji
I like the last group alot more.

crimsonphoenix
Ha i knew i was way off. I dont know about this team but im still going to read it.

StiltmanFTW
marvel has so many other characters that would do well to be on a popular team like x-force, but they keep throwing the same characters, happy for fantomex at the least.

Yeah... and DP from future was a temporary addition to X-Force in Messiah War, so enough is enough.

I'm happy for Fantomex and Psylocke. Fraction brought her back and forgot about her (at least she had that mini, but not thanks to him).

Originally posted by srankmissingnin
Having Deadpool on a team with Wolverine is one massive redundancy. He brings nothing to the table that wasn't there in the first place... and ontop of that he is a huge liability to everyone around him.

I knew it would be him but I was REALLY hoping it would be someone else.

Agreed.

Trackz
yea, fantomex is a great character, he definitely deserves more page time.
the official title is uncanny x-force:
http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=27171

Dum Dum Dugan
Team makes perfect senses now there all highly TP.

Kazenji
For that picture that we see in Chapter 14 X-men Second coming, Whats the thing behind Fantomex and Archangel?

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by Kazenji
For that picture that we see in Chapter 14 X-men Second coming, Whats the thing behind Fantomex and Archangel?

E.V.A.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fantomex

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.