Black Sunday (1977)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

roughrider
I watched this tremendous thriller for the first time since the early 90's this weekend. The G20 summit here in Toronto the past week, put the idea in my head.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Sunday_(1977_film)

To think how the worldview has changed, post 9/11. In fact, it's claimed this doesn't get shown much on American TV anymore, post-9/11. It's scary how the forecast in this came to be true in NYC.

dalejustin1
"Black Sunday" is a flat out exciting motion picture about the planning and execution of a terrorist attack during the Super Bowl. Robert Shaw plays the head of an agency trying to prevent the attack. Bruce Dern is at his creepy best as a brainwashed Vietnam vet enlisted by the lovely Marthe Keller to help carry out the sinister plan. Dern is a blimp pilot and the perfect person to help detonate a contraption that will send thousands of deadly needles into the unsuspecting crowd.

Mr Parker
I have never seen this movie,always wanted to but never got around to it,will have to do so sometime soon,sounds exciting.

BruceSkywalker
it has been many years since i have seen this..

roughrider
I have said in another forum - watch this film, and imagine Bruce Dern in his prime as the Joker. He would have been even scarier than Heath Ledger's version.

jenika
Black Sunday is a major thriller about an attempted terrorist attack on the Super Bowl, adapting a novel by Thomas Harris, produced by Robert Evans and directed by John Frankenheimer.This slick thriller brutal old still surprisingly good. Black Sunday is still fresh today, presumably because it presents a world of difference between heroes and villains are minimal, although Kabokov is symbolic of the story good guy, he is cold, obsessive and just as capable of behavior amoral terrorists prey.

williamberry
black sunday really an interesting movie as i like to watch it again and again.

roughrider
Originally posted by williamberry
black sunday really an interesting movie as i like to watch it again and again.

Because it's like two films that parallel each other - Black September and their terrorist planning, and the Mossad & CIA working on the other side to follow them. Both sides actually get humanized through the course of the film - Mathe Keller & Bruce Dern have motivations we can empathize with, even if we don't support them and want to see the bomb attempt thwarted.

Mr Parker
Originally posted by roughrider
Because it's like two films that parallel each other - Black September and their terrorist planning, and the Mossad & CIA working on the other side to follow them. Both sides actually get humanized through the course of the film - Mathe Keller & Bruce Dern have motivations we can empathize with, even if we don't support them and want to see the bomb attempt thwarted.

except the mossad and the CIA are terrorists organizations that work together and the reason the world is in such a mess.

rayfrank
Black Sunday is a 1977 American thriller thriller film.This slick yet brutal aged surprisingly well. Black Sunday is still fresh today, presumably because it presents a world of difference between the heroes and villains of the film is minimal.The was a great commercial success upon its release in 1977.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.