Okami Amaterasu runs a Gauntlet.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Demonic Phoenix
Amaterasu must take out the following fools who have dared to disturb Nippon. She faces them one at a time. She is restored to full strength in between battles.

1. OoT Link - No triforce. No time-traveling shit. Has the MS and his other weapons/tools.

2. SF2 Gouki - He's free to use all of his power if he wishes.

3. KH1 Sora - Has all of his keyblades & magics. Donald & Goofy are not in Nippon to aid him.

4. X1 Mega-Man X - Has access to his X1 abilities and armor only.

5. DMC4 Dante - Has access to all of his DMC4 styles and weapons only.

~ Okami has access to all of her Weapons, Brush Techniques, Weapon Techniques, & Items. Her stats, including her Godhood, are maxed. This is Amaterasu from when she gained Shiranui's form.
NOTE: Every feat counts for Amaterasu. For this thread, none of them are PIS or toonforce.evilgrin
gay_rage

Obsidian Fury
Okami Amaterasu did not originate in a video game. She is Goddess of the Sun in the Shinto mythology.

Heythere,Honey
Hmmm...I think we should let the mods decide on that one. no expression

First_Tsurugi06
Ammy's been allowed before.

Obsidian Fury
Been allowed or been used? Because I saw a Spartan thread get closed before. Amaterasu does not originate in a videogame, sorry.

Demonic Phoenix
Originally posted by Obsidian Fury
Okami Amaterasu did not originate in a video game. She is Goddess of the Sun in the Shinto mythology.

Amaterasu from the game Okami deviates from Okami Amaterasu of the Shinto myths considerably.
It's the same reason why someone like Dante from Dante's Inferno is allowed here and has been used before, even though he too never originated in a video-game.

Sin_Volvagia
Because I saw a Spartan thread get closed before.

I remember that thread. That was ****ed up.

General Kaliero
Indeed, "Ammy" Amaterasu the wolf deviates considerably from Okami Amaterasu the Shinto goddess.

Amaterasu as she appears in Okami is allowed.

wammamram
Been allowed or been used? Because I saw a Spartan thread get closed before. Amaterasu does not originate in a videogame, sorry.

laughing out loud

Demonic Phoenix
BUMP.

XanatosForever
KH1 Sora isn't all that impressive, even with all his keychains, abilities, and magic. Ultima Weapon would likely be his weapon of choice since it's the Infinity Plus One Sword, but I'm pretty sure Amaterasu could handle him fairly easily. Too bad no TP Link, woulda been neat to see a dogfight.

laughing

Demonic Phoenix
Originally posted by XanatosForever
KH1 Sora isn't all that impressive, even with all his keychains, abilities, and magic. Ultima Weapon would likely be his weapon of choice since it's the Infinity Plus One Sword, but I'm pretty sure Amaterasu could handle him fairly easily. Too bad no TP Link, woulda been neat to see a dogfight.

laughing

Ammy would handle TP Link with ease too. 313

Sora does have Stopga, but then again, Amaterasu/Shiranui has demonstrated the ability to move normally during time-stopping abilities.

RE: Blaxican
It's kind of lame that someone would even bring that rule up in the first place, regardless of wither it was warranted or not. erm

Don't be a freakin' killjoy, man...

XanatosForever
Originally posted by Demonic Phoenix
Ammy would handle TP Link with ease too. 313

Sora does have Stopga, but then again, Amaterasu/Shiranui has demonstrated the ability to move normally during time-stopping abilities.

I'm not going there. stick out tongue

Stopga is a gambit at best, it only stops bosses and sub-bosses for maybe two seconds at most, or only slows them like molasses, or just plain doesn't work, and I don't think there's much else Sora could do, and since his party isn't with him he can't use summons, which may have helped a little bit.

Demonic Phoenix
Originally posted by XanatosForever
I'm not going there. stick out tongue

Stopga is a gambit at best, it only stops bosses and sub-bosses for maybe two seconds at most, or only slows them like molasses, or just plain doesn't work, and I don't think there's much else Sora could do, and since his party isn't with him he can't use summons, which may have helped a little bit.

Would you go there if I subbed TP link in place of OoT Link? 313

True enough. Stopga is moot anyway. Shiranui/Amaterasu was able to move when the Twin Demons had stopped time.

XanatosForever
Nope, I don't have the lollinklove the others do, and I'm lazy. laughing

whats up!
stops at 1

NemeBro
I have never actually seen anything from Amaterasu to suggest that Gouki could not turn her to paste. With a single punch.

Can anyone clarify on this?

Demonic Phoenix
Originally posted by NemeBro
I have never actually seen anything from Amaterasu to suggest that Gouki could not turn her to paste. With a single punch.

Can anyone clarify on this?

Her brush makes her a reality-warper of sorts.
She spins a fraggin galaxy with a wind tech of hers. no expression

EDIT: Wait, if you're just talking about durability...she can just use a Vengeance Slip to deflect any of his attacks.

Demonic Phoenix
Also, just to add, as I forgot about Ammy's godhood.
It allows her to tank 3 attacks (regardless of strength etc.) if it is maxed. So even if Gouki somehow gets the chance to land a punch on her, he won't be putting her down with his first punch.

NemeBro
Her brush makes her a reality-warper of sorts.
She spins a fraggin galaxy with a wind tech of hers. no expression

EDIT: Wait, if you're just talking about durability...she can just use a Vengeance Slip to deflect any of his attacks. Does she really spin a galaxy, or does she spin a galaxy in the same way Sephiroth destroys a solar system?

As for the three times thing, speed feats of her?

Demonic Phoenix
Does she really spin a galaxy, or does she spin a galaxy in the same way Sephiroth destroys a solar system?

As for the three times thing, speed feats of her?

Galaxy Spinning: (beginning of the vid)
yBiHsHfe-QcI still laugh whenever I see that galaxy spinning. haermm

Can't recall any proper speed feats, but she has good reaction and movement feats.
YRCXtw0Bezk
2:15 onwards. Continue watching till 4:00 to see her lightning brush technique in action. She later gains the ability to create and call down actual lightning bolts.

ScreamPaste
O_o;'

Do I have to highlight everything wrong with using wind to spin a galaxy?

NemeBro
Why is the galaxy so close? no expression

LLLLLink
Spinning an actual galaxy like that would cause some big time celestial destruction.

Demonic Phoenix
Originally posted by ScreamPaste
O_o;'

Do I have to highlight everything wrong with using wind to spin a galaxy?

Like I said, her brush makes her a reality warper. She can create plants/trees/flowers/bridges/wood/thunderbolts/stars/etc. or move lightning/drain large pools of water/slow down time with just a stroke of her Celestial Brush. This is all done when she isn't even at full strength.

She's vastly underused on KMC, and likely vastly under-rated as well.

PS: Your line of thinking is why I laugh every time I see the galaxy spinning due to her Wind technique. haermm

Why is the galaxy so close? no expression

It's composed of stars, so the galaxy is light-years away.

It spinning the moment Amaterasu uses Galestorm is likely a side-effect of Amaterasu's reality warping? 313

ScreamPaste
Then... Why not just affect the water directly? >_> Why is spinning stars easier? @_@

NemeBro
What mythology is she from again?

Gonna do some research later. no expression

ScreamPaste
Japanese, I believe.

/Captain obvious

NemeBro
Was looking moar for actual stories, but can work with that.

In fact I believe I own a book on Japanese myth.

Demonic Phoenix
Originally posted by ScreamPaste
Then... Why not just affect the water directly? >_> Why is spinning stars easier? @_@

srug

I think the entrance to that particular place can only be located by spinning that galaxy.

EDIT: Scream, I recommend this game for you. You like OoT, and this one sort of follows the same vein I think. At the very least, it was influenced by LoZ.
Not to mention, the game looks absolutely gorgeous.

What mythology is she from again?

Gonna do some research later. no expression

The actual Amaterasu is from Shinto Mythology, but this Amaterasu is vastly different from Shinto Amaterasu. (Tsukuyomi, Susano'o & Amaterasu are three sibling gods in Shinto Mythology...names sound familiar?)

Obsidian Fury
Galaxy Spinning: (beginning of the vid)
yBiHsHfe-QcI still laugh whenever I see that galaxy spinning. haermm

Can't recall any proper speed feats, but she has good reaction and movement feats.
YRCXtw0Bezk
2:15 onwards. Continue watching till 4:00 to see her lightning brush technique in action. She later gains the ability to create and call down actual lightning bolts.

Spinning that galaxy is very imprecise. I don't see her able to use that efficiently in combat.

NemeBro
I'm going to read a book I own on Japanese mythology for some elaborations of the workings of the cosmos for research on this thread.

Because I apparently have nothing better to do. no expression

Obsidian Fury
You will find nothing that help you understand the process in that video. This Amaterasu is such a huge deviation from its original that only the fact that she is a female God of the same origin is their similarity.

There has been no display of such power in the mythology.

Demonic Phoenix
Spinning that galaxy is very imprecise. I don't see her able to use that efficiently in combat.

She could just BFR her opponent with it?

She still has a myriad of other tools to use in combat.

You will find nothing that help you understand the process in that video. This Amaterasu is such a huge deviation from its original that only the fact that she is a female God of the same origin is their similarity.

There has been no display of such power in the mythology.

I think the creators of this game have stated that Amaterasu is genderless. Not entirely sure though.

Though yes, the entire game contains references to Shinto Mythology, but it is still vasty different from Shinto Mythology. Tsukiyomi and Susano'o are Amaterasu's siblings in Shinto mythos, yet in Okami, the former is a sword powered by the moon, while the latter is a human, albeit a powerful one.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.