Quasar vs. Light Ray

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

lightyeargee
Both are out for the kill. Serious and operating to the fullest of their abilities.

Warlord
Quasar

lightyeargee
Originally posted by Warlord
Quasar Explain why. Since Lightray basically has the same powers as QUASAR plus FTL speed,reflexes, Herald strength and durability. I want to know the reasoning.

Warlord
Originally posted by lightyeargee
Explain why. Since Lightray basically has the same powers as QUASAR plus FTL speed,reflexes, Herald strength and durability. I want to know the reasoning.

what makes you think that Quasar doesn't have FTL speed, herald durabilty and strength?

The Nuul
Q wins.

lightyeargee
what makes you think that Quasar doesn't have FTL speed, herald durabilty and strength? He doesnt. Quasar Jumps around using quantum Jumping. Also,I've never seen him fight at 5 or 10 times light speed. Plus Lightray can literally do everything Quasar can, and then some, plus he's stronger, faster, and more durable. So I want to know the reasoning behind why you give Quasar the win.

Warlord
He doesnt. Quasar Jumps around using quantum Jumping. Also,I've never seen him fight at 5 or 10 times light speed. Plus Lightray can literally do everything Quasar can, and then some, plus he's stronger, faster, and more durable. So I want to know the reasoning behind why you give Quasar the win.

he's actually shown on panel to travel faster than light. q-jumps are his means of teleportation.

please define more durable. quasar has taken hits from watchers without being hurt.

stronger? quasar has moved islands before. however strength is not how quasar resolves problems any feats from lightray?

oh and let it be not the insane version. just good old peace loving lightray

Bentley
I though Quasar was one of Marvel's most accomplished energy absorbers next to Thor?

lightyeargee
he's actually shown on panel to travel faster than light. q-jumps are his means of teleportation.

please define more durable. quasar has taken hits from watchers without being hurt.

stronger? quasar has moved islands before. however strength is not how quasar resolves problems any feats from lightray?

oh and let it be not the insane version. just good old peace loving lightray Peace loving Light Ray was able to reate super suns while weakened fighting the ack Racer. I take all abilites and feats into ontext when I say operating to maximum performance.Slamming Takion theu a moon is a good strength feat for me. Is that good enough for you? I just wanted to know your reasoning.Light ray ontrols the light. So he can control Q's constructs. He can make constructs. He can make suns. Etc. I want to know why Quasar beats someone with nearly the same powers and then some. Not saying he can't win, just why?

The Nuul
Originally posted by Bentley
I though Quasar was one of Marvel's most accomplished energy absorbers next to Thor?

He is.

lightyeargee
I though Quasar was one of Marvel's most accomplished energy absorbers next to Thor? Which means little when fighting a super fast, super strong, energy master. Has Quasar ever absorbed the surfer or someone the like?

aristoraptor
Peace loving Light Ray was able to reate super suns while weakened fighting the ack Racer. I take all abilites and feats into ontext when I say operating to maximum performance.Slamming Takion theu a moon is a good strength feat for me. Is that good enough for you? I just wanted to know your reasoning.Light ray ontrols the light. So he can control Q's constructs. He can make constructs. He can make suns. Etc. I want to know why Quasar beats someone with nearly the same powers and then some. Not saying he can't win, just why?

Don't know anything about lightray, but his powers sound nothing like quasars. You say he can control light; Quasar has power over the whole electromagnetic spectrum. How are their powers comparable?

He has sufficient strength to be considered almost the same level as hercules, wonder man, and doc sampson by kismet.

He redirected energy blasts from pheonix, thanos, adam warlock, silver surfer....

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by aristoraptor
Don't know anything about lightray, but his powers sound nothing like quasars. You say he can control light; Quasar has power over the whole electromagnetic spectrum. How are their powers comparable?

He has sufficient strength to be considered almost the same level as hercules, wonder man, and doc sampson by kismet.

He redirected energy blasts from pheonix, thanos, adam warlock, silver surfer....

I don't think he has that kind of strength. He has that aura much like a GL that allows him to physically attack opponents with extra force. Anyways, Quasar wins this.

prolly 7/10

lightyeargee
Originally posted by celeyhyga17
I don't think he has that kind of strength. He has that aura much like a GL that allows him to physically attack opponents with extra force. Anyways, Quasar wins this.

prolly 7/10 Do you think Quasar could take the kind of Onslaught Lightray dished to Highfather, Orion, or Takion?

Warlord
Light ray ontrols the light. So he can control Q's constructs. He can make constructs. He can make suns. Etc. I want to know why Quasar beats someone with nearly the same powers and then some. Not saying he can't win, just why?

Quasar's constructs are made of quantum energy. Light control might affect them but has never done so, so it's speculation for now.

Lightray has slammed Takion, Quasar has fought Maelstorm and a Watcher among others.

Lightray creates suns, quasar has easily absorbed supernovas.

I don't say it would be easy but Quasar (at least classic Wendel) would win IMO

lightyeargee
Quasar's constructs are made of quantum energy. Light control might affect them but has never done so, so it's speculation for now.

Lightray has slammed Takion, Quasar has fought Maelstorm and a Watcher among others.

Lightray creates suns, quasar has easily absorbed supernovas.

I don't say it would be easy but Quasar (at least classic Wendel) would win IMO Neither LR or Q are really on the level of some of the guys they've fought but it shows what they can do. Onsidering they both have vast energy wielding powers, what would be left is other attributes.LR has Q beaten because we have seen him take loads of physical Punishment. We know he is a class 100 because of theability to literally slamm Takion through a moon. We know he can fight at around 10 times light speed. And he an manipulate light for all kinds of effects.Id say LR would win 7 out 10. Given he is just more durable and faster and stronger. It would be no different than if Quasar were fighting Power girl with a quardian ring. She would win.

Warlord
Neither LR or Q are really on the level of some of the guys they've fought but it shows what they can do. Onsidering they both have vast energy wielding powers, what would be left is other attributes.LR has Q beaten because we have seen him take loads of physical Punishment. We know he is a class 100 because of theability to literally slamm Takion through a moon. We know he can fight at around 10 times light speed. And he an manipulate light for all kinds of effects.Id say LR would win 7 out 10. Given he is just more durable and faster and stronger. It would be no different than if Quasar were fighting Power girl with a quardian ring. She would win.

wearing the quantum bands Quasar is constantly shielded like a GL.
His shield have taken hits from a Watcher, Surfer, even Galactus. How u figure Lighray is more durable is beyond me.

As for speed again Q is shown to cross galaxies in seconds, suggesting multiple times speed of light.

strength is irrelevant as his Q-shields/constructs will compensate.
It's like saying Hal Jordan has just human strength.

Saying Lightray would win more than 6/10 is baseless IMO.
As for me Q could and should take a slight majority

D_Dude1210
Classic Quasar's constructs also double as energy siphons. All he has to do is surround LR with an energy construct and I doubt LR would be able to get out as Quasar's constructs has been strong enough able to hold Thor as well as the other Avengers. The fact the LR uses light based powers is only icing on the cake for classic Wendell.

Current Quasar hasn't been showing this power as much, however.

I don't really see LR winning ANY if this is Classic Quasar. Classic Quasar's abilities are just tailor-made to take energy-dependent opponents.

lightyeargee
Originally posted by D_Dude1210
Classic Quasar's constructs also double as energy siphons. All he has to do is surround LR with an energy construct and I doubt LR would be able to get out as Quasar's constructs has been strong enough able to hold Thor as well as the other Avengers. The fact the LR uses light based powers is only icing on the cake for classic Wendell.

Current Quasar hasn't been showing this power as much, however.

I don't really see LR winning ANY if this is Classic Quasar. Classic Quasar's abilities are just tailor-made to take energy-dependent opponents. If anything, Lightray would be able to get out of a light based construct easier. And is Thor as fast as light ray?I need to see Quasar trap a fast moving herald.

cdtm
Lightray did put down Highfather with an attack.

Highfather got him back, of course.

Against Takion, he was going multiples of light speed, and also beating him down pretty badly, and Takion's given problems to Caption Atom, Kyle Rayner, and Flash when he first got his powers.. Takion didn't so much defeat Lightray, as cure him of being evil.

Lightray also casually created suns while escaping the Black Racer.

I think Quasar probably takes a majority though.. Lightray simple isn't a fighter.

D_Dude1210
If anything, Lightray would be able to get out of a light based construct easier. And is Thor as fast as light ray?I need to see Quasar trap a fast moving herald.

Again. They're not light-based. They're Quantum-based energy siphoning force constructs. Only Thanos been able to muster the energy to crack it. No way is LR getting out of one. Again, you need to read Quasar comics to understand how almost unbeatable his powerset was against energy beings/manipulators. He stood toe-to-toe with the Surfer easily and only "lost" by throwing the fight (he realized he was championing the "bad guy's" side and thus had to lose).

Again, Classic Wendell. Current looks like he was toned down to Nova Prime level.

Need to see more Current Wendell to be sure.

Black bolt z
Quasar

psycho gundam
Both are out for the kill. Serious and operating to the fullest of their abilities. why make this if you won't except what others think?

old habits i guess.......

D_Dude1210

I'd put Classic Quasar over Thor as an energy absorber/manipulator. The things his Quantum Constructs have been able to protect him against were just sick. Just slightly one step below Surfer in the energy versatility and power department.

celeyhyga17
Quasar should still be the same. I doubt he has been depowered. It just depends on the writers. His past feats which weren't so long ago should still stand.

cdtm
Again. They're not light-based. They're Quantum-based energy siphoning force constructs. Only Thanos been able to muster the energy to crack it. No way is LR getting out of one. Again, you need to read Quasar comics to understand how almost unbeatable his powerset was against energy beings/manipulators. He stood toe-to-toe with the Surfer easily and only "lost" by throwing the fight (he realized he was championing the "bad guy's" side and thus had to lose).

Again, Classic Wendell. Current looks like he was toned down to Nova Prime level.

Need to see more Current Wendell to be sure.

No ones ever broken Quasars constructs except Thanos?

Green Lanterns went with the wrong agent. ^_^;

Also, I know about Quasars constructs being quantum energy based.. But Green Lantern constructs got taken over/controlled by Dr. Light, and they're supposed to be plasma based constructs.

Which is to say, Dr. Light controlling them doesn't make any sense. Not that Quasars constructs should be manipulated by Lightray...

D_Dude1210
Originally posted by cdtm
No ones ever broken Quasars constructs except Thanos?

Green Lanterns went with the wrong agent. ^_^;

Also, I know about Quasars constructs being quantum energy based.. But Green Lantern constructs got taken over/controlled by Dr. Light, and they're supposed to be plasma based constructs.

Which is to say, Dr. Light controlling them doesn't make any sense. Not that Quasars constructs should be manipulated by Lightray...

Energy based attack that cracked it conclusively? Yeah, Thanos was the only one I've seen truly do it. I've seen people use brute strength to break the constructs (such as Uni-power Spiderman) but I've only really seen Thanos shatter them with an energy attack.

The Q-bands doesn't only allow Wendell to manipulate Quantum energy. They allow TOTAL control of it and the energies of the Quantum Zone. These powers were bestowed by an abstract. Lightray manipulating them against Wendell's will is a laughable idea. Kinda like saying Captain Marvel using his lightning manipulating Thor's hammer.

celeyhyga17
Surfer has punked Quasar's constructs in the past. Quasar thought he had him locked down. He is then forced to speak to Quasar. Then when Surfer wants to leave he just leaves. Quasar thought to himself why Surfer stayed and chatted in the first place when he could have just left anytime he wanted. Quasar was surprised his constructs would not have held him in the first place.

Angel Watching
Quasar

Prep-Man
LR can just go intangible and pass through the constructs. His Mother Box will also be a pain for Quasar, so I'll say LR for now.

D_Dude1210
Originally posted by celeyhyga17
Surfer has punked Quasar's constructs in the past. Quasar thought he had him locked down. He is then forced to speak to Quasar. Then when Surfer wants to leave he just leaves. Quasar thought to himself why Surfer stayed and chatted in the first place when he could have just left anytime he wanted. Quasar was surprised his constructs would not have held him in the first place.

Must have been more recent. Don't recall this happening at all. Do you have scans of this?

lightyeargee
Must have been more recent. Don't recall this happening at all. Do you have scans of this? He broke the construct in star masters. Really really easy. Just walked right out of it.

Warlord
They had a fight where Quasar was doing fine until he realized he had to loose for the greater good.

Quasar is no Surfer (not many people are) but he can certainly give him a fight

D_Dude1210
He broke the construct in star masters. Really really easy. Just walked right out of it.

Would still like to see the scans of this pls. To determine context.

If the Surfer simply walked out of it, it means that Surfer prolly did what Surfer normally does. Beat someone in the energy manipulation/transmutation department. Prolly just converted himself to something the bands couldn't hold or dissipated the quantum energy, etc. I'd like to see how he did it, tbh. But winning in energy manipulation/transmutation fights is what the Surfer does. I already said that Quasar is no surfer. Neither is Lightray.

What Surfer DIDN'T do, however, is overload the Q-band constructs with an energy attack to shatter them.

D_Dude1210
Originally posted by Prep-Man
LR can just go intangible and pass through the constructs. His Mother Box will also be a pain for Quasar, so I'll say LR for now.

How the heck is none-insane Lightray beating Quasar?

Martian_mind
He's not.

D_Dude1210
Originally posted by Martian_mind
He's not.

Tell THAT to prep-man and lightyear.

Prep-Man
Yeah, tell me in my ear.

Rage.Of.Olympus
I still maintain the opinion that Quasar was jobbed to make Annihilus look badass.

Anyways, Quasar wins.

Warlord
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
I still maintain the opinion that Quasar was jobbed to make Annihilus look badass.

very true

axelraptor
Quasar

lightyeargee
How the heck is none-insane Lightray beating Quasar? I specifically said in the OP the best of each character's abilities. That would include ALL feats.

lightyeargee
Tell THAT to prep-man and lightyear. People aren't entitled to an opinion? I am merely arguing what LR can do. I never gave an opinion. I do think it's hard to beat someone who is a high tier energy manipulator that also has class 100 stats and much faster than FTL combat speeds.

cdtm
Yeah, it's not like Lightray isn't capable of pulling off wins here...

He's faster then Superman, farts out suns, has a mother box, and has some other powers (like phasing)

lightyeargee
Yeah, it's not like Lightray isn't capable of pulling off wins here...

He's faster then Superman, farts out suns, has a mother box, and has some other powers (like phasing) Not to mention he is a high class 100 with high durability.

KuRuPT Thanosi
I did love that scene where Thor, Drax, Multiple other heroes were trapped and trying to break it... Thor even tried smashing it with his hammer... Thanos casually one shots it.

lightyeargee
Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
I did love that scene where Thor, Drax, Multiple other heroes were trapped and trying to break it... Thor even tried smashing it with his hammer... Thanos casually one shots it. Silver Surfer broke a construct by just moving.

KuRuPT Thanosi
I've yet to see any scans of this or he context behind it... It could be that surfer just changed his Molecular Structure or manipulated the contructs energy frequency.. I need to see the scans and context behind it. Now, the Thanos incident is much different... it shows all these heroes smashing the barrier trying to break... Thanos casually one shots it. No context needed.

Prep-Man
People aren't entitled to an opinion? I am merely arguing what LR can do. I never gave an opinion. I do think it's hard to beat someone who is a high tier energy manipulator that also has class 100 stats and much faster than FTL combat speeds.

Not to mention manipulating multiple forms of energy.

D_Dude1210
Quasar is the highest tier in terms of energy absorption and tanking energy attacks with his quantum constructs. The problem with this fight is that LR IS an energy manipulator and will definitely have problems with the energy siphoning that is Wendell's bread and butter.

Quasar still wins. Insane LR or not. Just won't be a stomp this time.

Let it be known that Quasar's taken on the Surfer 1v1 in a no-holds barred fight. It was a stalemate until Wendell threw the fight. And the Surfer is ALL of those that you mentioned and then some.

lightyeargee
Quasar is the highest tier in terms of energy absorption and tanking energy attacks with his quantum constructs. The problem with this fight is that LR IS an energy manipulator and will definitely have problems with the energy siphoning that is Wendell's bread and butter.

Quasar still wins. Insane LR or not. Just won't be a stomp this time.

Let it be known that Quasar's taken on the Surfer 1v1 in a no-holds barred fight. It was a stalemate until Wendell threw the fight. And the Surfer is ALL of those that you mentioned and then some. LR was taking it Physically to Takion. Takion says that LR was almost as powerful as he. In his enraged state, he was on another lvl.

D_Dude1210
LR was taking it Physically to Takion. Takion says that LR was almost as powerful as he. In his enraged state, he was on another lvl.

And Quasar was taking it to a freakin WATCHER. Also, just because someone says something doesn't mean it's true. And ALMOST doesn't really cut it.

Another level or not, Quasar's powerset gives him the win (not how powerful he is, but how his powers work).

http://img106.imageshack.us/f/vswatcher5.jpg/

lightyeargee
And Quasar was taking it to a freakin WATCHER. Also, just because someone says something doesn't mean it's true. And ALMOST doesn't really cut it.

Another level or not, Quasar's powerset gives him the win (not how powerful he is, but how his powers work).

oh so we are going by how powers work? LF's mother box manipulates Q's energy, heals LR over and Over and boost his power even more. All while matter manipulating quasar into a bird.

D_Dude1210
oh so we are going by how powers work? LF's mother box manipulates Q's energy, heals LR over and Over and boost his power even more. All while matter manipulating quasar into a bird.

Wow. Desperate much?

Yes, we DO go by how powers work. Show me LR's MB performing the above abilities all at once while fighting a being similar to Quasar's power and you can talk. Otherwise, pulling stuff out of ur butt only really results in shitty arguments. :-/

Warlord

exaggerating a little bit don't u think?

cdtm
And Quasar was taking it to a freakin WATCHER.

Lightray also took it to Highfather.

D_Dude1210
Lightray also took it to Highfather.

Watcher > Highfather. :-/

Also, Highfather beat him with a wave of a hand on a separate encounter. That feat looks to be PIS-y.

lightyeargee
Watcher > Highfather. :-/

Also, Highfather beat him with a wave of a hand on a separate encounter. That feat looks to be PIS-y. Watcher has a bunch of lower showings to be over highfather. Really. He's been smacked in the lip by Rulk.anyway, once LR gets physical he has the advantage. Vast energy manip plus way better stats. Do you think Quasar ould beat Captain Marvel with a GL ring? That would be close to what LR would be.

D_Dude1210
Watcher has a bunch of lower showings to be over highfather. Really. He's been smacked in the lip by Rulk.

The same PIS-Rulk who killed the Surfer and took his powers, punked Odinforce Thor and killed an Elder of the Universe (something even Galactus hasn't been able to do) in a few shots?

Really really really bad example borne out of desperation there.

anyway, once LR gets physical he has the advantage. Vast energy manip plus way better stats. Do you think Quasar ould beat Captain Marvel with a GL ring? That would be close to what LR would be.

No he won't. His powers are still energy based. I keep saying that Quasar will simply siphon his energy away with his constructs to strengthen them further. I don't doubt LR's power levels. It's just powersets here than makes this a one-sided match in Quasar's favor.

cdtm
The same PIS-Rulk who killed the Surfer and took his powers, punked Odinforce Thor and killed an Elder of the Universe (something even Galactus hasn't been able to do) in a few shots?

But using Quasar taking it to a watcher as proof that Lightray is toast isn't?

It's a good feat, but doesn't mean Lightrays completely outclassed. Not any more then Dr. Strange standing up to the Infinity Gauntlet or Dr. Fate standing up to Spectre make their fights inarguable..

I'm siding with Quasar though... Mainly because Lightray isn't the best fighter, having been punked by both Kalibak and Orion (Against dark Lightray)

lightyeargee

No he won't. His powers are still energy based. I keep saying that Quasar will simply siphon his energy away with his constructs to strengthen them further. I don't doubt LR's power levels. It's just powersets here than makes this a one-sided match in Quasar's favor. QUASAR DOESN't JUST BEAT ANY ENERGY WEILDER FROM DC LIKE PEOPLE BELIEVE. THE ONLY TIME You GUYS THINK HE DOEST IS IF IT IS THOR OR SURFER. LR doesn't need to use his energy powets. He's seriously fast in ombat and strong and durable

D_Dude1210

It's a good feat, but doesn't mean Lightrays completely outclassed. Not any more then Dr. Strange standing up to the Infinity Gauntlet or Dr. Fate standing up to Spectre make their fights inarguable..

I'm siding with Quasar though... Mainly because Lightray isn't the best fighter, having been punked by both Kalibak (Amped at the time) and Orion (Against dark Lightray)

Never said that Quasar taking it to the Watcher is the primary reason that Quasar wins this fight. In fact, I've been mentioning it over and over that it's POWERSETS that are supported by feats that make Quasar win.

I've always been against the use of ABC logic in debates. Sadly, that seems to be the primary platform that lightyear was standing on in his argumentation (how well he did with Takion). I simply used an example that was more in line with what he seems to be most comfortable with.

D_Dude1210
BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH DC WINS CUZ I WANT THEM TO!!!

lightyeargee

I'm siding with Quasar though... Mainly because Lightray isn't the best fighter, having been punked by both Kalibak and Orion (Against dark Lightray) Orion an Pubk Superman tho and Superman would kickQuasar's ass.

lightyeargee
meant to say Orion an punk Superman and Superman an beat Quasar so...Quasar seems to be over rated.

D_Dude1210
meant to say Orion an punk Superman and Superman an beat Quasar so...Quasar seems to be over rated.

ABC logic at its finest...

Prep-Man
LR's MB has protected him from energy absorption in the past. And it can heal the user as well.

lightyeargee
Originally posted by Prep-Man
LR's MB has protected him from energy absorption in the past. And it can heal the user as well. Another point that gets lost when arguing against certain energy wielders. Is like ZOMG quasar he must absorb all energy from anyone who isn't thor or surfer.

The Nuul
Lightyearpee is funny.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.