Dr. Manhattan vs Monarch

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Stoic
Who would win if these two met in a battle to the death?

Black bolt z
What is monarch best feat?

iceman24567
Monarch stomps

Black bolt z
I'll list Dr. M's powers and people tell me if he can win.

He was walked on the surface of the sun
He can change his size at will
He has matter manipulation and can turn things like bottles into snowflakes
He has seen events so small they can hardly have said to have occurred
He can blow people up on a whim
He can teleport himself and other people across the galaxy
He can re-build himself after being de-atomized
He can see far into his own future(not his enemies)
He's bullet proof(meaning hes better then thor shifty
He can levitate objects with precision

So far thats what I remember.

TheTyrant
When his armor was breached, the resulting energy nearly destroyed all life within an entire universe.

Black bolt z
Originally posted by TheTyrant
When his armor was breached, the resulting energy nearly destroyed all life within an entire universe. I would put Dr. M on thanos level...monarch wins.

iceman24567
Monarch can just absorb Dr. Manhattan no expression. Monarch is a energy manipulator on a skyfather level his feats trump Dr. Manhattans by ALOT. This is spite

The Nuul
Originally posted by Black bolt z

So, herald level.

Omega Vision
Monarch wins.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Omega Vision
Monarch wins.

Parmaniac
http://www.4thletter.net/gavok/countdown/monarch2.jpg
http://www.4thletter.net/gavok/countdown/monarch3.jpg
http://www.4thletter.net/gavok/countdown/monarch4.jpg

iceman24567
Exactly herald level beings don't even bother him erm. Dr Manhattan is basically Silver Surfer only flashier.

Mindset
Originally posted by iceman24567
Exactly herald level beings don't even bother him erm. Dr Manhattan is basically Silver Surfer only flashier. Dr. M isn't on SS level.

iceman24567
Originally posted by Mindset
Dr. M isn't on SS level. Agreed he lacks the feats Surfer has against people with actually powers plus Surfer has done alot of other crazy power cosmic shit

Colossus-Big C
lol

bbrem123
monarch rapes him

Mshinu
Monarch`s pinkie toe stomps Osterman flat.

Black bolt z
Agreed he lacks the feats Surfer has against people with actually powers plus Surfer has done alot of other crazy power cosmic shit ....
Dr. M is probably on thanos level.Still below monarch.

jalek moye

no Mr. M lacks even Surfer feats

Black bolt z
Originally posted by jalek moye
no Mr. M lacks even Surfer feats Originally posted by Black bolt z

So far thats what I remember. IMO these can put him above surfer.

Gecko4lif
IMO these can put him above surfer.
Im pretty sure surfer has done everything on that list except re-create himself

and that is just coming form someone who doesnt know all of surfers feats

Black bolt z
Originally posted by Gecko4lif
Im pretty sure surfer has done everything on that list except re-create himself

and that is just coming form someone who doesnt know all of surfers feats He can't teleport himself,he can't re-build himself,he cant see far into his furture.

I've read a lot of surfer comics and IMO Manhattan is just above him.I know the only real threats Dr. M ever faced were humans but he also re-atomized himself.

I would like to add to the list.Originally posted by Black bolt z

So far thats what I remember. He was able to disassemble every part of a tank and crush it in a second.
He has a big blue dick
He is pretty much immortal(as far as age goes)

axelraptor
Monarch

King Kandy
SS can do just about anything Manhattan can, and in a fight he could take 10/10, manhattan has weaknesses and SS has none.

Black bolt z
Originally posted by King Kandy
SS can do just about anything Manhattan can, and in a fight he could take 10/10, manhattan has weaknesses and SS has none. WTF is manhattens weakness?

Johnny Sorrow
He can't teleport himself,he can't re-build himself,he cant see far into his furture.

I've read a lot of surfer comics and IMO Manhattan is just above him.I know the only real threats Dr. M ever faced were humans but he also re-atomized himself.

Obviously you haven't read enough Surfer comics. He's done all of those.

jalek moye
He can't teleport himself,he can't re-build himself,he cant see far into his furture.

I would like to add to the list. He was able to disassemble every part of a tank and crush it in a second.
He has a big blue dick
He is pretty much immortal(as far as age goes)

Dr. M doesnt see in his future he actually lives it it and the past at the same time, and surfer has done time related feats. Eh dont know if he teleports but he really doesn't need to anyway, not like that power itself means anythign though. And wow he rebuilt himself from the same attack that gave him his power, that didn't really impress me much.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by King Kandy
SS can do just about anything Manhattan can, and in a fight he could take 10/10, manhattan has weaknesses and SS has none.
I don't see how Manhattan has any weaknesses that Surfer doesn't also have.

Black bolt z
Originally posted by Johnny Sorrow
Obviously you haven't read enough Surfer comics. He's done all of those. When has he teleported?I know he can move so damn fast it doesn't make that much of a difference but he can't teleport.

And when has he re-built himself after de-atomization?

And surfer only has cosmic awareness to a small extent.AFAIK manhatten can see his whole furture.All of it.

jalek moye
When has he teleported?I know he can move so damn fast it doesn't make that much of a difference but he can't teleport.

And when has he re-built himself after de-atomization?

And surfer only has cosmic awareness to a small extent.AFAIK manhatten can see his whole furture.All of it.

He can see all of it but he literally can't act on it, because hes not just seeing it he's experiancing it. He is living in every moment at the same time, everything is already set in stone for him. Like he said hes just a puppt who can see the strings

And human Manhattan survived the very same little atomization so its only logical doing it twice wouldnt do anything to him.

Black bolt z
He can see all of it but he literally can't act on it, because hes not just seeing it he's experiancing it. He is living in every moment at the same time, everything is already set in stone for him. Like he said hes just a puppt who can see the strings

And human Manhattan survived the very same little atomization so its only logical doing it twice wouldnt do anything to him. So because you have been de-atomized before that makes it easier?

cdtm
Originally posted by Johnny Sorrow
Obviously you haven't read enough Surfer comics. He's done all of those.

And he should be able to recreate Manhattans weakness easily (Which would be fairly common knowledge, but even if it wasn't Surfer could probably figure it out with his cosmic senses..)

Black bolt z
Originally posted by cdtm
And he should be able to recreate Manhattans weakness easily (Which would be fairly common knowledge, but even if it wasn't Surfer could probably figure it out with his cosmic senses..) What weakness does manhattan have?None that I know of.

cdtm
Takions.

He can reform, but it should take him out long enough to count as a win.

Plus, Surfer can probably simply absorb him, as he has the Uni-Lord, or trap him in his board.

Black bolt z
Takions.

He can reform, but it should take him out long enough to count as a win.

Plus, Surfer can probably simply absorb him, as he has the Uni-Lord, or trap him in his board. All the taikons did was stop him from seeing into his own future.Besides he can't change his own furture anyway.So its hardly a weakness.

Reform from what?If he comes back in a few seconds it doesn't count as a win.

Manhattan can escape.

jalek moye
So because you have been de-atomized before that makes it easier?
Umm the the weapon that de-atomized you gave you powers, im pretty sure getting hit with it again wont be abig deal.

Black bolt z
Umm the the weapon that de-atomized you gave you powers, im pretty sure getting hit with it again wont be abig deal. First time it de-atomized him he re-built himself and got powers

second time he was de-atomized he came back in a minute.I don't see how getting de-atomized gets any easier...

jalek moye
First time it de-atomized him he re-built himself and got powers

second time he was de-atomized he came back in a minute.I don't see how getting de-atomized gets any easier...

The tear down of his intristic field gave him the pwoers and allowd him to rebuild himself. Since he already was what it turned him into it became very simple. Tearing down that field does absolutely nothing to him, we dont know if the same effect would happen i he got vaprized a different method.

cdtm
All the taikons did was stop him from seeing into his own future.

Didn't Ozy tear him apart using tachyons?

He reformed, but it wasn't instantaneous.

Black bolt z
The tear down of his intristic field gave him the pwoers and allowd him to rebuild himself. Since he already was what it turned him into it became very simple. Tearing down that field does absolutely nothing to him, we dont know if the same effect would happen i he got vaprized a different method. I still don't see it as any differeny but lets agree to disagree.

Black bolt z
Didn't Ozy tear him apart using tachyons?

He reformed, but it wasn't instantaneous. No he only blocked his sight into the furture using takions.

Slaanesh
Monarch easily..he is just way more powerful..

h1a8
I don't see how Dr. M harms Monarch. Maybe can analysis his structure and duplicate it (like Amazo).

With that Said, the mere fact that Dr. M can recreate himself from nothing but consciousness, duplicate himself as many times as he wants, teleport himself and others vast distances, and grow to any size he wants proves he is well beyond Surfer.

I say stalemate until someone gives a viable tactic of how Monarch can win permenantly.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by h1a8
I don't see how Dr. M harms Monarch. Maybe can analysis his structure and duplicate it (like Amazo).

With that Said, the mere fact that Dr. M can recreate himself from nothing but consciousness, duplicate himself as many times as he wants, teleport himself and others vast distances, and grow to any size he wants proves he is well beyond Surfer.

I say stalemate until someone gives a viable tactic of how Monarch can win permenantly.
Absorbing him like he absorbed the other Captain Atoms.

KuRuPT Thanosi
I would put Dr. M on thanos level...monarch wins.

Did you say Dr. M is Thanos level... BWAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA.. put down the crack pipe. Thanos is exponentially more powerful.

Ooo yeah and Monarch stomps

Lord Feron

Agreed, That would be monarch's key to victory.

Naija boy

Dr M isnt Thanos level at all. He isnt even surfer level, Surfer has done much more impressive things than Dr M as well as almost everything in that list. That list in no way puts him above surfer.

Mindset
IMO these can put him above surfer. Except SS has done almost everything on that list and more.

King Kandy
I don't see how Manhattan has any weaknesses that Surfer doesn't also have.
Dr M can have his cosmic awareness thwarted if there are too many Tachyons, while SS will still function.

Naija boy

He was walked on the surface of the sun- Surfer flies through suns and fights in blackoles. much more impressive

He can change his size at will- Surfer has shown this ability

He has matter manipulation and can turn things like bottles into snowflakes- Surfer is a far better matter manipulator as well as being a premiere energy manipulator

He has seen events so small they can hardly have said to have occurred- Not sure what this even means, but if it is in regards to vision Surfer can and has looked through time before as well as having being to see molecules from light years away

He can blow people up on a whim- Causing molecules to explode is easy for a matter manipulator like surfer. He caused all the weapons of the empress and her men to simultaneously explode in in thy name. tho hhis pacifism has caused him to refrain from actually killing people.

He can teleport himself and other people across the galaxy- surfer has teleported himself as well as other people before as well

He can re-build himself after being de-atomized- Surfer has rebuilt himself before

He can see far into his own future(not his enemies)- Surfer has looked through time before so this may be within the realm of possibility, and he also has much better overall time manip powers anyway.

He's bullet proof- Surfer is bullet prof and much
much more

He can levitate objects with precision- Easy for surfer

Then there are the numerous things which Surfer can do which Manhattan cant.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Dr. M is certainly no SS.. that much is for sure. We go by feats not vague and unproven hyperbole

iceman24567

I say stalemate until someone gives a viable tactic of how Monarch can win permenantly. LOL go read a Surfer comic

Lord_Talron
dr m lacks feats against anyone that truely poses a threat. i feel arguing against him or for him to be somewhat pointless

cdtm
Surfer could have handled ALL the missiles, with a fraction of his power.

h1a8

He can just escape, absorb Monarch, or duplicate himself infinite times. The other Atoms had no such powers to prevent being absorbed.

h1a8
LOL go read a Surfer comic

I did. Now you go and read a watchmen comic and learn logic.

h1a8
Originally posted by Naija boy
Then there are the numerous things which Surfer can do which Manhattan cant.

And none of them puts he higher than Dr. M

The things Dr. M can do that Surfer can't puts him over Surfer easily.

h1a8
Originally posted by Lord_Talron
dr m lacks feats against anyone that truely poses a threat. i feel arguing against him or for him to be somewhat pointless

Based off what he can do he doesn't need feats against anyone. He can't be destroyed by anything lower than skyfather.

iceman24567
How the hell would he escape absorption? He's never shown that he could also Monarch's absorption feats trump Dr Manhattans. Somebody is reaching again

h1a8
How the hell would he escape absorption? He's never shown that he could also Monarch's absorption feats trump Dr Manhattans. Somebody is reaching again

Uhm by teleporting, duplicating himself outside, by doing the absorbing himself, etc.

iceman24567
LOL teleporting out of absorption LOL. Like i said Monarch's absorption feats >>>>>> DR. Manhattan. Duplicating himself outside? How when he's already a part of Monarch? The same Monarch who is a skyfather level energy manipulator and energy absorber no expression. Use logic to stfu before you dig yourself a big ass grave in this thread

h1a8
LOL teleporting out of absorption LOL. Like i said Monarch's absorption feats >>>>>> DR. Manhattan. Duplicating himself outside? How when he's already a part of Monarch? The same Monarch who is a skyfather level energy manipulator and energy absorber no expression. Use logic to stfu before you dig yourself a big ass grave in this thread

Yes teleport. You win the whose better at absorption argument (it is irrelevant anyway). Dr. M can be on Earth and make a duplicate of himself on Mars. Due to teleportation and duplication he can't be absorbed.

iceman24567
Says who? Has he ever been absorbed? Shit has he ever absorbed anybody the answer is no you are reaching go read some Wonder Woman comics you don't belong here son

h1a8
Says who? Has he ever been absorbed? Shit has he ever absorbed anybody the answer is no you are reaching go read some Wonder Woman comics you don't belong here son

Dr. M can duplicate his conscious anywhere in the universe. The moment he is being absorbed he just teleports away or creates extra beings to still exist.

Absorption isn't instant. Plus Dr. M has FTL reflexes.

iceman24567
LOL Dr Manhattan has never left the Milky way IIRC his conscious will be overshadowed by Monarchs just like the other Atoms. Monarch absorbs him and the fights over son.

h1a8
LOL Dr Manhattan has never left the Milky way IIRC his conscious will be overshadowed by Monarchs just like the other Atoms. Monarch absorbs him and the fights over son. How can you absorb something that can teleport away?

How can you absorb someone who can make another one of his self. If would take Monarch infinite time to absorb infinite beings.

iceman24567
Once he is absorbed his free will is gone he is just energy for Monarch to use at his leisure. He isn't teleporting out of it unless you can find scans of him teleporting out of such an instance which i doubt you will give it up son erm

Mindset
Iceman, why are you even trying?

iceman24567
Had a couple shots of rum and can't go to sleep erm

h1a8
Once he is absorbed his free will is gone he is just energy for Monarch to use at his leisure. He isn't teleporting out of it unless you can find scans of him teleporting out of such an instance which i doubt you will give it up son erm Prove that his free will would be gone.

With that said, my other argument still stands.

Absorption isn't instant. It takes time. The moment Monarch starts to absorb Dr. M just teleports away. Dr. M can create millions of duplicates after the bell. The moment Monarch absorbs one, a million others will be made. He can't win.

Mindset
Had a couple shots of rum and can't go to sleep erm You're not doing it right.

h1a8
Iceman, why are you even trying?

His logic is off isn't it. Is yours off too? Do you think Monarch can win?
If so how?

iceman24567
You have no argument erm

Mindset
His logic is off isn't it. Is yours off too? Do you think Monarch can win?
If so how? Shut up.

iceman24567
You're not doing it right. Well show me the way brother sad

h1a8
Shut up. Shut up.

iceman24567
h1 must be a trollbot or something

Mindset
Shut up. NO U

iceman24567
Mindset = awesome

Lord_Talron
WIN

h1a8
NO U
shut up.

Naija boy
Oh no this clown is back again.

Blanket
Originally posted by Naija boy
Oh no this clown is back again. I like to call him Factually Accurate Guy, or F.A.G. for short.

KuRuPT Thanosi

Why argue with this clown. He and blackbold think Dr. M are even with Thanos or higher.. that is the kind of drivel we are dealing with. He is no Monarch, Thanos or Surfer. I know the big blue dick made you jealous and brought out your gay tendencies. However, this is a comic versus forum where we look at feats to determine a winner, not who you want to do you in the pooper.

iceman24567
He caught me slippen won't happen again though smile

Black bolt z
Shut up. Originally posted by Mindset
NO U Originally posted by iceman24567
Mindset = awesome laughing out loud

IMO manhattan is above surfer but he would still lose hard to monarch.

KuRuPT Thanosi
LOL. It's cool. By the way... the last two sentences were directed at them not you.. Fyi

Black bolt z
Originally posted by Blanket
I like to call him Factually Accurate Guy, or F.A.G. for short. crylaugh0Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
Why argue with this clown. He and blackbold think Dr. M are even with Thanos or higher.. that is the kind of drivel we are dealing with. He is no Monarch, Thanos or Surfer. I know the big blue dick made you jealous and brought out your gay tendencies. However, this is a comic versus forum where we look at feats to determine a winner, not who you want to do you in the pooper. Blackbold?I never said Dr. M even had a chance against monarch.But I'd put him at minimum high herald.

h1a8
I'm having a hard time seeing Dr. M beating Monarch but I'm also seeing Monarch having a hard time beating Dr. M.

I wonder if Monarch didn't have his absorption ability would you guys say he stills wins. But if you do then that proves u guys are just faulty "whose more powerful" debaters.

KuRuPT Thanosi
crylaugh0 Blackbold?I never said Dr. M even had a chance against monarch.But I'd put him at minimum high herald.

You said Dr. M was even with Thanos... That is a total and complete joke, and tells me you are simple blinded because of your infatuation with his big blue penis

amnesia
I'm having a hard time seeing Dr. M beating Monarch but I'm also seeing Monarch having a hard time beating Dr. M.

I wonder if Monarch didn't have his absorption ability would you guys say he stills wins. But if you do then that proves u guys are just faulty "whose more powerful" debaters.

Monarch have greater feats.

The Nuul
H1s pick should be simple, whoever blitz first, wins.

Black bolt z
Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
You said Dr. M was even with Thanos... That is a total and complete joke, and tells me you are simple blinded because of your infatuation with his big blue penis Why bash?I put him above surfer.High herald at minimum and thanos level at best.What would that make him?Trans?That sounds about right.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Why bash?I put him above surfer.High herald at minimum and thanos level at best.What would that make him?Trans?That sounds about right.

I know what you did and no he's not trans. I'm not arguing with you that you said what you just repeated, I know. I'm disagreeing with you over what you said. Example... he isn't trans.. no way no how... furthermore, Thanos is also not Trans and would be low skyfatherish level

h1a8
Originally posted by amnesia
Monarch have greater feats.

Greater feats doesn't prove who will win. Do you believe this?

h1a8
Originally posted by The Nuul
H1s pick should be simple, whoever blitz first, wins.

This fight blitzing won't work (maybe on Monarch) as Dr. M can't be koed.

Mindset

I wonder if Monarch didn't have his absorption ability would you guys say he stills wins. But if you do then that proves u guys are just faulty "whose more powerful" debaters. What you just said doesn't even make sense.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Greater feats doesn't prove who will win. Do you believe this?

Greater feats can prove someone wins, do you agree with this? Feats can also be used as bench marks to figure out power levels of characters, do you believe this?

KuRuPT Thanosi
What you just said doesn't even make sense.

is this a surprise? Did you think a sock was posting for him and thus his post would make more sense?

h1a8
Greater feats can prove someone wins, do you agree with this? Feats can also be used as bench marks to figure out power levels of characters, do you believe this?

My statement didn't imply that they can't.

I statement is true only when it is always true.
The statement "Greater feats prove who will win." is false since it isn't always true.

h1a8
What you just said doesn't even make sense.

Just because you don't understand doesn't mean it doesn't make sense.

One can't win if one can't kill the relative unkillable, ko the relative unkoable, or bfr the relative unBfrable.

Mindset
OK, and what you said didn't make sense.

How does them thinking someone who is more powerful prove their logic is faulty when you admit he can be killed, koed, and bfred since you list them as him not being immune to those forms of attacks?

Black bolt z
I know what you did and no he's not trans. I'm not arguing with you that you said what you just repeated, I know. I'm disagreeing with you over what you said. Example... he isn't trans.. no way no how... furthermore, Thanos is also not Trans and would be low skyfatherish level I know what level thanos is.I said hes Dr. M is between surfer and thanos.IMO hes trans.Originally posted by h1a8
This fight blitzing won't work (maybe on Monarch) as Dr. M can't be koed. If he can't be KO'd hes above LT.He can be KO'd it just takes a lot to do it.

h1a8
OK, and what you said didn't make sense.

How does them thinking someone who is more powerful prove their logic is faulty when you admit he can be killed, koed, and bfred since you list them as him not being immune to those forms of attacks?

In general, who's more powerful doesn't prove who will win.

I said Dr. M is relatively unkillable, unkoable, unBFRable.

h1a8
I know what level thanos is.I said hes Dr. M is between surfer and thanos.IMO hes trans. If he can't be KO'd hes above LT.He can be KO'd it just takes a lot to do it.

His powerset prevents him from being koed. You can disintegrate his brain and he will reform.

Mindset
In general, who's more powerful doesn't prove who will win.

I said Dr. M is relatively unkillable, unkoable, unBFRable. In general, who's more powerful is the person who wins.

Which means he can be killed, koed, and bfred.

h1a8
In general, who's more powerful is the person who wins. Only dumbass people think so, people with minimal logic skills. 1 counterexample proves the general rule is wrong. This is common sense.

No it doesn't. A implies B doesn't mean
B implies not A.

Being wholly unkoable implies being relative unkoable. But being relative unkoable doesn't imply that one is koable.

Mindset
Only dumbass people think so, people with minimal logic skills. 1 counterexample proves the general rule is wrong. This is common sense.

No it doesn't. A implies B doesn't mean
B implies not A.

Being wholly unkoable implies being relative unkoable. But being relative unkoable doesn't imply that one is koable. I don't think you know what "in general" or "relative" mean.

h1a8
I don't think you know what "in general" or "relative" mean.

In general means "All the time" or "In All cases"

Relative "means in relation to something or someone". It doesn't mean "ONLY in relation to something or someone."

You must understand that if TOAA is relatively unkillable to Superman then that doesn't mean he is not wholly unkillable.

Mindset
In general means "All the time" or "In All cases"

Relative "means in relation to something or someone". It doesn't mean "ONLY in relation to something or someone."

You must understand that if TOAA is relatively unkillable to Superman then that doesn't mean he is not wholly unkillable. So I was right.

h1a8
So I was right.

No you were wrong.

Mindset
In general means usually, as in, not all the time.

Relative, in the context of your statement, means not absolute.

h1a8
http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/in%20general
http://www.thefreedictionary.com/relative

see definition 1 in both.

words usually have more than 1 meaning.

Black bolt z
His powerset prevents him from being koed. You can disintegrate his brain and he will reform. Proof?He has re-formed from disintegration but monarch can do much more then disintegrate him.

h1a8
Proof?He has re-formed from disintegration but monarch can do much more then disintegrate him. He can't absorb him since Dr. M can teleport away or duplicate himself millions of times over WHILE Monarch is trying to absorb him.

Black bolt z
He can't absorb him since Dr. M can teleport away or duplicate himself millions of times over WHILE Monarch is trying to absorb him. I believe the most Dr. M has been able to shown to duplicate is 4.That doesn't mean its his limit but I hardly doubt he can go into the millions.

Mindset
http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/in%20general
http://www.thefreedictionary.com/relative

see definition 1 in both.

words usually have more than 1 meaning.

Yes, I am aware words have more than one meaning, no meaning of generally means all the time. I hope you realize the first definition you posted does not mean that. Being applicable to the whole =/= happens all the time. erm

As I said, the context in which you were using relative is the same as not absolute.

Heh.

h1a8
Yes, I am aware words have more than one meaning, no meaning of generally means all the time. I hope you realize the first definition you posted does not mean that. Being applicable to the whole =/= happens all the time. erm

As I said, the context in which you were using relative is the same as not absolute.

Heh.

You may be right about relative. Most used the word to imply it is not absolute. I only used the term since I do not know whether Dr. M can be koed at all. I just know Monarch can't do it. But it may be true that Dr. M can't be koed period

As far as "In general", I think you are referring to the word "generally" which means "usually". All the time can refer to "with respect to the whole class".

I'm a math person. In many of my graduate classes we describe a rule as being in general true if it is always true and it not being true in general if there exists a case where it is not true.

Black bolt z
How did this turn into a debate about the words general and relative?

Mindset
You may be right about relative. Most used the word to imply it is not absolute. I only used the term since I do not know whether Dr. M can be koed at all. I just know Monarch can't do it. But it may be true that Dr. M can't be koed period

As far as "In general", I think you are referring to the word "generally" which means "usually". All the time can refer to "with respect to the whole class".

I'm a math person. In many of my graduate classes we describe a rule as being in general true if it is always true and it not being true in general if there exists a case where it is not true. In general, when not used in the context of mathematics, is the same as generally.

Mindset
How did this turn into a debate about the words general and relative? Words are important, BBZ.

It's how we communicate and love.

r0nm0n88
derailed ftl

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.