Spiderman and his Amazing Friends.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ChocolateCake
I recently bought all three seasons of Spiderman and his Amazing Friends. It had been years since I had seen this show and was a happy to find that I still enjoy it. Perhaps the plots are not great compared to today's Marvel shows but it is a nice innocent cartoon.
Are there any other fans around?

Zoom
I remember that show. I kinda remember it being quite good, but it is a long time since I have seen it.

roughrider
I remember that's where I learned about Iceman & Firestar, who were his roomates.

ADarksideJedi
I had heard of it.What year did it come out?

roughrider
It started around 1978, as I recall.

I started to pay attention to voice actors in the 1980's, as I realized the actor who did Spider Man, would go on to do Bumblebee on Transformers.

BruceSkywalker
i grew up watching this.. still watch on monday mornings

ChocolateCake
Originally posted by ADarksideJedi
I had heard of it.What year did it come out?

The show started in 1981.

ADarksideJedi
Oh I was born 1980 so I would had been one so no wonder I never seen it.

ChocolateCake
Originally posted by ADarksideJedi
Oh I was born 1980 so I would had been one so no wonder I never seen it.

If you enjoy cartoons from that era I suggest you you look out for it.

majid86
Firestar was a replacement for Human Torch

Alpha-7
I remember this show. I was quite a big fan of it when I was growing up.

ChocolateCake
Originally posted by majid86
Firestar was a replacement for Human Torch

Yeah that is right. For some reason they were not allowed to use the Human Torch.

ADarksideJedi
I do and early nintys like the "Power Rangers" and Doug and Tiny Toons and great shows like that.I will look out for it thanks.What channel would it be on?

majid86
Originally posted by ChocolateCake
Yeah that is right. For some reason they were not allowed to use the Human Torch.

Didn't bother me because i thought Firestar was hot (no pun intened).

derekwc
Originally posted by ChocolateCake
I recently bought all three seasons of Spiderman and his Amazing Friends. It had been years since I had seen this show and was a happy to find that I still enjoy it. Perhaps the plots are not great compared to today's Marvel shows but it is a nice innocent cartoon.
Are there any other fans around?

I would definitely count myself among the fans of this series.

I pretty much grew up on this and Super Friends, which heavily influenced my comic book habits.

Sgt.Shakedown
I was a huge fan of this show when I was growing up. I always wanted to be a fourth member of their team. smile

Scythe
I love this show, I grew up on late re-runs of it, but the place I was at during my childhood treated it like something new, haha. I miss this show so goddamn much.

Tired-Hiker
Originally posted by derekwc
I would definitely count myself among the fans of this series.

I pretty much grew up on this and Super Friends, which heavily influenced my comic book habits. Yeah, me too. I also really love the Spider-Man cartoons from the late sixties and early seventies.

Sgt.Shakedown
Originally posted by Scythe
I love this show, I grew up on late re-runs of it, but the place I was at during my childhood treated it like something new, haha. I miss this show so goddamn much.

i miss it as well. So much so that I am going to buy it on DVD and relive my childhood!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.