Thor and Power Girl vs. Gladiator and Wonder Woman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

lightyeargee
No BFR

Deadly Match. Going for the Kill. After a beat down. How they would fight in a comic.

iceman24567
Team two Power Girl is the weaklink imo

TheTyrant
Team 1.

marwash22
team 2.

Apparently, WW would shitstomp Powergirl, so she and Gladiator can take Thor.

lightyeargee
Originally posted by marwash22
team 2.

Apparently, WW would shitstomp Powergirl, so she and Gladiator can take Thor. Thing is would Gladiator? PG and Glads would go in fighting like Brutes where as Wondy has to use speed, skill and power to whip her.

iceman24567
Originally posted by lightyeargee
Thing is would Gladiator? PG and Glads would go in fighting like Brutes where as Wondy has to use speed, skill and power to whip her. But Gladz is a more competent fighter and he hits harder than her and he's faster she gets koed for a vast majority

lightyeargee
Originally posted by iceman24567
But Gladz is a more competent fighter and he hits harder than her and he's faster she gets koed for a vast majority SBP is stronger and faster than Glads and his hits didn't KO PG.

iceman24567
He just didn't hit her enough then no expression

Black bolt z
Originally posted by iceman24567
Team two Power Girl is the weaklink imo

amnesia
SBP is stronger and faster than Glads and his hits didn't KO PG.

SBP wasn't mad enough.

marvelmadness13
Thor kills Gladiator, Wonder Woman kills Power Girl, Thor kills Wonder Women.

h1a8
Gladiator kills PG
WW kills PG
WW kills Thor
Gladiator kills Thor

Team 2 for enormous majority.

Martian_mind
Team 1.

cdtm
Team 2. Power Girl is the weak link. Gladiator is more then capable of one shotting her, and even if he elects to engage Thor he can hold his own until WW deals with Power Girl.

Thor vs any one of the three is debatable, but he isn't handling both WW and Gladiator. At least, not for a majority.

h1a8
IMO, both Thor and Power Girl are the weak links here.
Thor because of his speed disadvantage, and PG because of her fighting skills disadvantage.

Martian_mind
PG is not unskilled, Wonder Woman even noted that a mindscrewed PG had skill. She probably has more skill feats/comments then Gladiator.

Also, lol at Gladiator one-shotting her.

Warlord
Originally posted by h1a8
Gladiator kills PG
WW kills PG
WW kills Thor
Gladiator kills Thor

Team 2 for enormous majority.

priceless...

Rage.Of.Olympus
Yea, Gladiator is not one shotting Power Girl. Not the current incarnation. She's Wonder Woman+ in terms of stats.

Team 1.

marwash22
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Yea, Gladiator is not one shotting Power Girl. Not the current incarnation. She's Wonder Woman+ in terms of stats.

Team 1. yet, everyone says she shitstomps Power Girl 10/10. erm

Martian_mind
Because most people are morons.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by marwash22
yet, everyone says she shitstomps Power Girl 10/10. erm

Anyone who thinks Wonder Woman stomps Power Girl 10/10 aren't being serious.

Diana would win but no to that extent. From what I can gather people seem to think Wonder Woman takes it because she defeated Power Girl when she used her hand to hand skills in the current fight. Power Girl was being mind controlled to some extent. She thought Diana was transformed into some kind of monster or something similar. Mind controlled opponents have been out skilled in the past before. A bit of a pattern really in comics. Power Girl seemed to be under some illusion. She kept thinking Diana was some kind of monster, she wasn't sure what Diana was, while in the same scene she called her an Amazon and knew it was Wonder Woman. It was a bit convulted. Clearly Power Girl's mind was being screwed with. It's one thing to control your opponent and point them at someone like a dog or a weapon. but cating illusions and such muddies the waters a bit.

Not arguing that Power Girl can match Diana's skill but it should definitely be harder to put her down if Power Girl knows what's shes dealing with and isn't having her head messed with. And Diana didn't even actually put her down. She got the upper hand and restrained Power Girl. To be fair, that was Diana's intentions

Wonder Woman would beat out Power Girl around 6-8/10.

Power Girl having superior raw stats also helps. Not that much when Diana gets serious though.

Also what MM said.

Martian_mind
The funny thing about that fight is PG was mind-controlled and holding back for a large portion of it, while the issue prior Wonder Woman resolves to kick her ass. It was only when she was seriously mindscrewed into just standing there trying to trade blows that Wonder Woman was able to achieve anything really.

I'd say Wondy barely scrapes a 6/10 against PG.

Warlord
^thumb up

h1a8
WW beats PG everytime by simply and masterfully countering one of her blows with a combo. And that combo will lead to you know what.

Warlord
why PG cannot combo?

h1a8
Originally posted by Warlord
why PG cannot combo?

She can. But considering Diana's fighting speed is about equal if not better I say that Diana can land the first blow more times than not.
I give PG a 30% chance of landing the first blow. So WW beats her 7-10

celeyhyga17
She can. But considering Diana's fighting speed is about equal if not better I say that Diana can land the first blow more times than not.

Kinda agree.

I see it more as

Wondy > PG
6.5-7/10

Warlord

so whoever lands the first blow wins?

Q99
Originally posted by Martian_mind
The funny thing about that fight is PG was mind-controlled and holding back for a large portion of it, while the issue prior Wonder Woman resolves to kick her ass. It was only when she was seriously mindscrewed into just standing there trying to trade blows that Wonder Woman was able to achieve anything really.

I'd say Wondy barely scrapes a 6/10 against PG.

Note that all the Crows did is turn emotions against WW, and WW was holding back up until the end, more-so than PG. PG started out fully enraged against WW, then started to shake it off a little, then got pushed back to her starting state.

Wonder Woman is going to sooner or later get PG into hand to hand and put those skills to use.

I'd say it's more than 6/10.

Martian_mind
Originally posted by Q99
Note that all the Crows did is turn emotions against WW, and WW was holding back up until the end, more-so than PG. PG started out fully enraged against WW, then started to shake it off a little, then got pushed back to her starting state.

Wonder Woman is going to sooner or later get PG into hand to hand and put those skills to use.

I'd say it's more than 6/10.

What evidence is there that PG was going all out from the start? All we have is her statement saying that she hasn't been going all out yet. Wonder Woman had clearly decided not to hold back, at the end of the proceeding issue her narration even makes a point of her intending to show PG how far beyond her she is. She then never even made an attempt to calm/talk down PG until the return from Canada thing. PG was yelling "I'll kill you" by the end, she had completely lost her ability to reason or create tactics.

Wonder Woman barely scrapes a 6/10 from PG.

lightyeargee
What evidence is there that PG was going all out from the start? All we have is her statement saying that she hasn't been going all out yet. Wonder Woman had clearly decided not to hold back, at the end of the proceeding issue her narration even makes a point of her intending to show PG how far beyond her she is. She then never even made an attempt to calm/talk down PG until the return from Canada thing. PG was yelling "I'll kill you" by the end, she had completely lost her ability to reason or create tactics.

Wonder Woman barely scrapes a 6/10 from PG.
WW will get 7/8 out of 10 against PG. Why? Because Wondy wasn't trying to hurt or Kill PG. If she were, it would be a MUCH different Story. Look how easily WW broke Black Mary's Arm. A girl who's durability was greater than Supergirls. Wondy also didn't use her lightning attack nor tiara. The lasso missed but she really didn't have to use it like she did. All so had to do was let it touch PG for that soul thing she does. Or use it like brass Knuckles like when she fought that GL. Any durability advantages PG has are over come with WW's magical items and her own strength. Also, PG has no feats that put her above WW's own physical attributes.

lightyeargee
In this thread, I think that PG can almost split with Gladiator. She's probably somewhere in his ball park of Strength and durability, and she's just below Superman in Strength just like WW. I also Believe Gladiator is just below Superman in strength but closer than the girls. WW cannt beat Thor but, She can last against him a very long time. She cause him great injury since she's so much faster than he. It would depend on if Thor beats WW before Glads beats PG and who is more wounded and able to help at the end of thier fights. If you switch partners, Thor fights Glads and barely wins, Wonder Woman fights PG and wins faster. It would then be injured Thor vs. a pretty much non injured WW as she has shown she can outskill PG to sustain less hits when she is serious. I"d say it's a split.

Q99
What evidence is there that PG was going all out from the start? All we have is her statement saying that she hasn't been going all out yet.

PG starts out thinking she's a villain though, and is at the least fighting noticeably more seriously than Diana is until Diana comes back from Canada. PG really seems to think Diana has gone villain from the start.

"It's no good. She's not listening. Have to subdue first."

That's not no-holding back narration, and late in the fight before the grounded HtH clash she says "No more warnings," pretty clearly implying she wasn't going at full before. Plus most of her narration has been fairly thoughtful, while PG's was calling her a monster and purely on the aggressive side until she saw WW help people.

But she uses the speed-dodge of the lasso and using a bus as a weapon before that (but after the Crow's final mind-zowie), showing tactics, and engages in some dialog that doesn't show her to be lost in a rage ("No more warnings."/"Like I need any."wink. Even her HtH isn't wild or anything, they're focused attacks.

It's only after Diana had won that she went to "Kill you!"-rage.

Also, Karen was using all her powers- speed, heatvision, strength. Diana was using strength, speed, and one lasso throw, but no bracer zaps or tiara cuts. She had more to draw on.

7.5/10 is where I'd place it.

psycho gundam
thor gets rid of one of team two, just for fun:

http://img100.imageshack.us/img100/7613/70038097bp8.jpg

h1a8
Originally posted by Warlord
so whoever lands the first blow wins?

Yes. Because they will follow that first hit with a combo that leads to a you know what.

h1a8
Originally posted by psycho gundam

Gladiator blitzes him before he blinks.

iceman24567
^Like that would EVER happen

celeyhyga17
Gladiator blitzes him before he blinks.

Um no...
Looks to me it's your boy who is going to get blitzed.

http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Thor%20Fights/ThorvsGladiator11.jpg

h1a8
Originally posted by celeyhyga17
Um no...
Looks to me it's your boy who is going to get blitzed.

http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Thor%20Fights/ThorvsGladiator11.jpg

No! That is when Gladiator was distracted and Thor cheapshotted him.

Second, comic fights holds no water when it shows the character not fighting to the best of their ability.

cdtm
Originally posted by psycho gundam

Wide open for a nutshot... embarrasment

cdtm
PG is not unskilled, Wonder Woman even noted that a mindscrewed PG had skill. She probably has more skill feats/comments then Gladiator.

Also, lol at Gladiator one-shotting her.

Because PG can bust full sized planets?

Neither Power Girl nor WW have the feats to support being > Gladiator on a good day.. You'll need someone like Majestic or Superman at the top of his game to compete...

iceman24567
Nah Gladz isn't one shotting Peegee

cdtm
In this thread, I think that PG can almost split with Gladiator. She's probably somewhere in his ball park of Strength and durability, and she's just below Superman in Strength just like WW.

The only time she's looked on/above Supermans level that I've seen, is when he was mind controlled in Johns original JSA run. Usually, she's about one or two steps behind him..

And again, Glads has the well known planet breaking feats, and the equally well known tanking of Tyrants eyebeams for durability. On top of that, he has some sweet speed feats (There's one from the Fantastic Four where he's moving normally in a time frozen area, but I don't know the issue offhand.. He's also been clocked at around 100c or so via instrumentation..)

What does PG have for feats these days?

Martian_mind
Originally posted by cdtm
Because PG can bust full sized planets?

Neither Power Girl nor WW have the feats to support being > Gladiator on a good day.. You'll need someone like Majestic or Superman at the top of his game to compete...

Reading comprehension. It's your friend.

cdtm
Reading comprehension. It's your friend.

When your argument ends in an "lol at Gladiator one shotting her", as if skills can make up for an overwhelming power, speed, and durability disadvantage.. (Unless you're Val Amorr, Mantis, or Gamora.)

Yeah. I comprehended your argument fine, and was disagreeing with it.

marwash22
^ you forgot Batman.

Martian_mind
When your argument ends in an "lol at Gladiator one shotting her", as if skills can make up for an overwhelming power, speed, and durability disadvantage.. (Unless you're Val Amorr, Mantis, or Gamora.)

Yeah. I comprehended your argument fine, and was disagreeing with it.

Not was I was saying at all.

Keep trying though. I'm sure you'll get there.

amnesia
No! That is when Gladiator was distracted and Thor cheapshotted him.

Second, comic fights holds no water when it shows the character not fighting to the best of their ability.

THOR cheap shotted him? Gladiator did NOTHING but cheap shot, glads even acknowledged Thor's superiority.

cdtm
Not was I was saying at all.

Keep trying though. I'm sure you'll get there.

Or you could say what you meant.

And regardless, IMO Gladiator has an overwhelming speed, strength, and durability advantage over Power Girl.

cdtm
Originally posted by amnesia
SBP wasn't mad enough.

Plot armor/PIS was pretty common with Superboy Prime.

Conner Kent should've been torn apart, but he was actually trading punches with him. Pure PIS, that.

amnesia
Plot armor/PIS was pretty common with Superboy Prime.

Conner Kent should've been torn apart, but he was actually trading punches with him. Pure PIS, that.

Because PC superman would have demolished new earth, with ease.

cdtm
Originally posted by amnesia
Because PC superman would have demolished new earth, with ease.

It's kind of funny that Johns let SBP go PC on Black Adam, considering how Johns obviously loves making Adam look baddass.

Black bolt z
I call it split.

GalacticStorm
Team 2.

amnesia
It's kind of funny that Johns let SBP go PC on Black Adam, considering how Johns obviously loves making Adam look baddass.

Teth IS badass

Sasaraixx
I give the majority to Team 2.

I see Diana putting down Karen before Glads and Thor finish their fight. Similarly, I see Gladiator putting down PG before Thor and WW are done. In either scenario, it will end up being 2 versus 1 in favor of Team 2.

And I would give WW 7-8/10 over PG.

Sasaraixx
Originally posted by Q99
PG starts out thinking she's a villain though, and is at the least fighting noticeably more seriously than Diana is until Diana comes back from Canada. PG really seems to think Diana has gone villain from the start.

"It's no good. She's not listening. Have to subdue first."

That's not no-holding back narration, and late in the fight before the grounded HtH clash she says "No more warnings," pretty clearly implying she wasn't going at full before. Plus most of her narration has been fairly thoughtful, while PG's was calling her a monster and purely on the aggressive side until she saw WW help people.

But she uses the speed-dodge of the lasso and using a bus as a weapon before that (but after the Crow's final mind-zowie), showing tactics, and engages in some dialog that doesn't show her to be lost in a rage ("No more warnings."/"Like I need any."wink. Even her HtH isn't wild or anything, they're focused attacks.

It's only after Diana had won that she went to "Kill you!"-rage.

Also, Karen was using all her powers- speed, heatvision, strength. Diana was using strength, speed, and one lasso throw, but no bracer zaps or tiara cuts. She had more to draw on.

7.5/10 is where I'd place it.

A very well reasoned post. thumb up

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.