My first Signature!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Invision
This is my first signature I've ever made. I used Adobe Photoshop CS4.

I hope I will get some nice comments, so please reply what you think.
I need all advice I can get.

steverules_2
Gimp?

TxG
Very nice for a first signature attempt smile

Invision
Originally posted by steverules_2
Gimp?

Photoshop cs4.

steverules_2
Really? The background looks similar to my early sigs from gimp

Invision
I made a new one. I know, I'm probably going to make these kinds of signatures til I'm getting sick of them myself. Thats why I need advices! :P

Invision

I didn't use so much work here, so don't think it was a hard background.
I used 3 Brushes only. :P

steverules_2
I've seen that halo pic before, I used it ages ago for a sig I made but I smudged the background and worked it a lil bit

Yeah I didn't have many brushes near the start, but you can download some really good ones from the internet smile

Invision

Yeah I didn't have many brushes near the start, but you can download some really good ones from the internet smile

I've downloaded a few, but which one is worth downloading?
Abstract brushes?

steverules_2
Just look up brushes on deviant art and use whichever ones you like yes

Invision
Just look up brushes on deviant art and use whichever ones you like yes

Thanks a lot!

Digi

Gimp can produce similar results to PS. It's not as powerful a tool as newer versions of PS, but a lot of the tools and processes are the same.

Peach
In other words, if it can be done in GIMP, it can definitely be done in Photoshop. Probably better, too stick out tongue

steverules_2
I do what I can with gimp, though PS would be nice to use I still prefer to use gimp

Invision
Ok, I made a new signature.

This one has a different style, so I hope you like it ^^.

steverules_2
Looks good, you should use one of your sigs yes

Invision
Well, I have a problem there. The Signature size limit is "550x150" or something. I'm only using 500x150 or less, so it should work for me, but it doesn't. I get an error about max 51200 bytes. I have tried to resize all of my signatures and none of the sizes works.
If anyone got a solution for this error, please reply.

Invision
Well, another Halo signature big grin

steverules_2
Nice

Try and make the sizes 50kb or less, 550x150 does work but they also have to be that 50kb's or less

Invision
Another one, with Halo 3 of course :P

Invision
How do I make the size less than 50kb? Where can I see the size?

Peach
Originally posted by Invision
Well, I have a problem there. The Signature size limit is "550x150" or something. I'm only using 500x150 or less, so it should work for me, but it doesn't. I get an error about max 51200 bytes. I have tried to resize all of my signatures and none of the sizes works.
If anyone got a solution for this error, please reply.

They have to be under 540x150 and less than 50kb.

Save them as JPGs, not PNG files. That's your biggest problem.

If you use Save For Web in Photoshop, you can adjust the quality and it will tell you exactly what the file size will be.

steverules_2
I've made PNG's that I've been able to use here but they aren't anything big and take a while to get under 50kb's

Peach
PNGs you cannot adjust the quality on, so they're either under 50kb or they aren't. If they aren't, you're SOL on that. It's a loss-less image format.

Invision
Ok, thank you!

Invision
Ok, I managed to save my signature in JPEG, and make it 49kb big grin

Thank you so much!

steverules_2
Originally posted by Peach
PNGs you cannot adjust the quality on, so they're either under 50kb or they aren't. If they aren't, you're SOL on that. It's a loss-less image format.

SOL? Haven't heard that one before

Invision
Well, here goes my last work :P

I need ideas for other renders. It's hard to find "halo3/odst/reach" renders now:P.

steverules_2
I prefer ODST to halo 3 I think

Invision
So here goes another one smile.

This time I used "Red dead Redemption" render.

Peach
SOL? Haven't heard that one before

Stands for "Screwed out of luck" or "shit out of luck" stick out tongue

Genshin
Mmm it looks nice but the part near the gun -to the right- is too plain Overall:Nice Sig
And did u use brushes for the bg?if so what brush?-I'm referring to the halo sig on this page-
The Read dead Redemption one looks cool

steverules_2
Originally posted by Peach
Stands for "Screwed out of luck" or "shit out of luck" stick out tongue

Ahhh right, thanks for the explanation smile

Invision
Originally posted by Genshin
Mmm it looks nice but the part near the gun -to the right- is too plain Overall:Nice Sig
And did u use brushes for the bg?if so what brush?-I'm referring to the halo sig on this page-
The Read dead Redemption one looks cool

I used some few random brush sets. I'm to lazy to open Photoshop cs4 at the moment, but next time I'm using it, I will give you the names big grin
Thanks for the comments big grin

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.