10 best lightsaber fighters

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Zack Skywalker
Ok, so this is my top 10, and it is all from the movies and clone wars, since I haven't any idea about EU characters other then a few.

1.Yoda-Seemed like he was beating Sidious, and owned Dooku
2.Anakin-Pwned Dooku, was beating Obi Wan through the duel
3.Windu-Beat Sidious, and mastered Vaapad
4.Sidious-Took down 3 Jedi Masters in 15 Seconds, was a good match for Yoda
5.Maul-Killed Qui Gonn and had Obi Wan beat, coolest sith ever
6.Obi Wan-Took down Anakin, Grievus and Maul. May not be the best, but gets the job done
7.Dooku-Beat Obi Wan twice, Anakin once, and put up a fight vs Yoda
8.Qui Gonn-Fought Maul for 5 minutes before losing, seemed really good
9.Luke-Beat masked Vader, but that doesn't seem to much. When he finally took down Vader, it was because he tripped over his cape
10.Kit Fisto-Pwned Grievus, has awesome dreads

axel_jovan
In no particular order:

Yoda
Mace
Luke
Caedus
Sidious
Dooku
Obi-Wan
Grevious
Kai'sm/Fisto/Maul/someone else?

Council#13
Are we looking at just movie/tv-show characters?

Lord Lucien
No.

Council#13
Good

Lord Lucien
Goooood.

Council#13
Good. Very good!

Zack Skywalker
I just made my list all movie/tv show

REXXXX
Moved to the EU forum; Vs. wasn't quite the right area, Zack. Carry on!

Shoes
Palpatine beat Luke so hard in DE.

One Free Man
How many of these threads do we need?

Shoes
o MAN remember when revan beat malak with a plasma torch?

Lord Lucien
Pfff, no stupid. Plasma torches weren't invented until KotOR II.

Q99
Around 4-5- Darth Krayt. In his younger days was able to do very well against Obi-wan in his prime (Obi-Wan was better in the force, but in the saber side of things he was good), and that's before he learned Sith teachings for decades and became a lot stronger as a Sith Lord.

mattatom
Originally posted by Lord Lucien
Pfff, no stupid. Plasma torches weren't invented until KotOR II. QFT

chilled monkey
Originally posted by Q99
Around 4-5- Darth Krayt. In his younger days was able to do very well against Obi-wan in his prime (Obi-Wan was better in the force, but in the saber side of things he was good), and that's before he learned Sith teachings for decades and became a lot stronger as a Sith Lord.

That's true.

Plus, while he was still A''Sharad Hett he defeated Anakin at one point.

Not to mention Darth Krayt defeated four Imperial Knights (the Emperor's bodyguards, one of whom was his cousin) with ease, despite being 170 years old. Also he very nearly defeated Cade Skywalker; the only reason Cade survived was his mother shooting Krayt in the back.

ares834
Originally posted by chilled monkey
That's true.

Anakin was still a padawan at that point...

But we have no clue how powerful those Imperial Knights were. Hell they could be worse than Colemen Trebor. Yeah Krayt is powerful but he is definenlty not in the top ten lightsaber duelists.

Galan007
Originally posted by chilled monkey
That's true.

Not to mention Darth Krayt defeated four Imperial Knights (the Emperor's bodyguards, one of whom was his cousin) with ease, despite being 170 years old. Also he very nearly defeated Cade Skywalker; the only reason Cade survived was his mother shooting Krayt in the back. Defeated? Nah. All A'Sharad did was deliver a single kick to Padawan-Anakin's face, momentarily bringing him to his knees. That's all.

Personally, I'd say the best gauge we have to Krayt's technical skill was his battle on Tatooine with post-RotS Obi-Wan. During this battle, Krayt appeared to be more then a match for Kenobi in the saber department. In fact, Kenobi only 'won' the battle after he became visibly angry and ripped A'Sharad's arm off with a force attack.

...And based one the few feats Krayt has accumulated since then, I think it's safe to assume that his overall skills haven't diminished over the years. /shrug

ares834
Nah. Obi-Wan cut of his arm. Jan Duursema confirmed it saying "Obi-Wan cut the arm off. Trying for the feeling we got when Obi cut off Anakin's arm and both of his legs in RotS with practically one motion. At any rate--the arm was not Force pulled off. Certainly would be a lot messier than the surgical precision of a lightsaber. Probably bleed to death though... "

Pwned
What about Kun? Or someone aroundor before then, because if i remember right Kreia said they made "the duelists of this era look like children with toys"

But then again no one really knows anything about them so.......

And didnt Kun INVENT the dual-bladed saber? im not sure.........

Then theres Bane,who mastered alot of forms, including being ableto epicwtfpwn a guy with a dual bladed saber.......

Zack Skywalker
Im getting a hwadache from this thread. Who are all these people?

Q99
Originally posted by ares834
But we have no clue how powerful those Imperial Knights were. Hell they could be worse than Colemen Trebor. Yeah Krayt is powerful but he is definenlty not in the top ten lightsaber duelists.

They were personal guards of the Emperor and one was a Fel, i.e. has Solo/Skywalker DNA. Heck, even beating four Colemen Trebors *that* easily would've been impressive, and the Knights seem more combat-focused than a diplomat Jedi, none of the ones we've seen have exactly been wusses.

It's mainly the Obi-Wan fight that shows his skill against a known quantity though.

ares834
Originally posted by Q99
It's mainly the Obi-Wan fight that shows his skill against a known quantity though.
I agree. But as we learn he wasn't a match for Kenobi who while good isn't even in the top ten. So why would Krayt make it?

SWFan4Life
LOL, Coleman Trebor, just saw the scene from AOTC. laughing

Council#13
Originally posted by SWFan4Life
LOL, Coleman Trebor, just saw the scene from AOTC. laughing

mad Hey! Coleman Trebor is badass!!! He should be somewhere in the top 5!!! mad

Vorpal Ruin
Why isn't Nyax from the NJO series ever put into the 'top' lists? He certainly deserves to be.

Galan007
Nah. Obi-Wan cut of his arm. Jan Duursema confirmed it saying "Obi-Wan cut the arm off. Trying for the feeling we got when Obi cut off Anakin's arm and both of his legs in RotS with practically one motion. At any rate--the arm was not Force pulled off. Certainly would be a lot messier than the surgical precision of a lightsaber. Probably bleed to death though... " Um, did she forget what was shown?:
http://i553.photobucket.com/albums/jj364/galanphotobook/KryatvsObi5.jpg

As you can see in the first panel, Obi is blocking A'Sharad's lightsaber with his own, and using his free arm to seemingly force-rip A'Sharad's other arm off (a force aura can even be seen around said appendage.) Furthermore, the site of the injury certainly isn't 'clean cut' as you would expect from a lightsaber... It appears to be ripped.

Maybe she intended Obi-Wan to cut his arm off, but if definitely wasn't portrayed that way. Imo.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Stop showing off already Galan smile

Any list that doesn't have Luke in the top three minimum is a fraud and a lie.

Q99
I agree. But as we learn he wasn't a match for Kenobi who while good isn't even in the top ten. So why would Krayt make it?

Wait, what makes you think Kenobi isn't in the top 10? He's in everyone's 10 list that's been posted so far. I'd put him well in there too, he was the guy who dismantled Grevious and beat Anakin.

Plus, Kenobi beat him with force, not sword work. He was stronger than A'Sharad overall (though not necessarily Krayt, A'Sharad seems to think he's gotten stronger with Sith teachings), it's just the sword work that he was doing well in.

ares834
Originally posted by Q99
Wait, what makes you think Kenobi isn't in the top 10? He's in everyone's 10 list that's been posted so far. I'd put him well in there too, he was the guy who dismantled Grevious and beat Anakin.
He is good just not top ten IMO. Yoda, Mace, Sidious, Anakin, and Dooku are all above him and these are only Jedi from his era. From others we got Kas'im, Bane, Luke, Caedus, Kun, Ulic, etc...

The artist claimed that Kenobi choped of A'Sharad's arm. I'm going to take her word for it even though it does look like he ripped of his arm. Not to mention it's not in Kenobi's character to use the force to rip off arms, but chopping them off... well it's all good he does it numerous times afterall.

Galan007
Not to mention it's not in Kenobi's character to use the force to rip off arms, but chopping them off. Here's the page that precedes the one I posted above:
http://i553.photobucket.com/albums/jj364/galanphotobook/KryatvsObi4.jpg

Check out the last panel. Obi-Wan seemed to become visibly angry just before he launched his final attack (likely because he couldn't gain any ground on A'Sharad from a saber standpoint.) I know it's not normally in character for Obi to be so 'uncivilized', but his visible state of anger + what the pages display = him force-ripping A'Sharad's arm off.

Like I said before: Jan's personal intention, and the on panel depiction are two completely different things.

ares834
It does look like he is ripping it off. I'm not denying that. Still I'm going with Jan on this one. Anyway the way I invison it going is that Kenobi simultaneously chopping upward and getting his saber into position above his head to blcok Hett's strike. He then uses the force to push his arm away and wrench the other lightsaber out of his hand.

Galan007
It does look like he is ripping it off. I'm not denying that. Still I'm going with Jan on this one. If she did say that, it was certainly an afterthought on her part. If I had to guess, I'd say that Jan originally intended Obi-Wan to get pissed and force-rip A'Sharad's arm off (as the illustrations clearly depict.) However, once fans started questioning Obi-Wan's use of such a crude (and seemingly dark) technique, she pulled the ol' switcheroo.

Q99
He is good just not top ten IMO. Yoda, Mace, Sidious, Anakin, and Dooku are all above him and these are only Jedi from his era. From others we got Kas'im, Bane, Luke, Caedus, Kun, Ulic, etc...

I would think in a sword fight, he'd be able to handle at least Bane and Ulic from that list, maybe more (most of them are overall more powerful, but again, just sword-skills here).

Pwned
Kneobi would be killed by Bane no problem.
1)Bane brought downa 1,000 year old temple after only a few moments to gather the force
2)Bane singlehandedly tooled with 2 jedi masters (including a blademaster) and a jediknight long enough for Zannah to come and kill one and provide a distraction tofinish the last one
3)Banes lightning was never stopped by a force shieldas described in the book
4)Orbalisks
5)Bane stands nearly 2 meters tall and is extremly muscled and intelligent,as well as incredibly powerful in the force
6)Bane (in Rule of Two during the fight on Tython) was described as a being as powerful as a force of nature, and the jedi that thought it (i think it was Farfalla.....) knew it was only a matter of time before they were all slaughtered

Q99
Originally posted by Pwned
Kneobi would be killed by Bane no problem.
1)Bane brought downa 1,000 year old temple after only a few moments to gather the force
2)Bane singlehandedly tooled with 2 jedi masters (including a blademaster) and a jediknight long enough for Zannah to come and kill one and provide a distraction tofinish the last one
3)Banes lightning was never stopped by a force shieldas described in the book
4)Orbalisks
5)Bane stands nearly 2 meters tall and is extremly muscled and intelligent,as well as incredibly powerful in the force
6)Bane (in Rule of Two during the fight on Tython) was described as a being as powerful as a force of nature, and the jedi that thought it (i think it was Farfalla.....) knew it was only a matter of time before they were all slaughtered

Yes, note how most of those are force feats, not saber feats.

Bane's a good duelist but it's his lightning and other powers that make him an unstoppable beast in combat.

Bane > Obi Wan overall, I'm with you that he's going down in a fight no question, but saber skill is much closer and I'd probably give to Obi-wan.

Shoes
Originally posted by Q99
Yes, note how most of those are force feats, not saber feats.

Bane's a good duelist but it's his lightning and other powers that make him an unstoppable beast in combat.

Bane > Obi Wan overall, I'm with you that he's going down in a fight no question, but saber skill is much closer and I'd probably give to Obi-wan.

qtf

Saber feats? Kas'im son.

truejedi
Originally posted by Shoes
qtf qft

Saber feats? Kas'im son.

Shoes
Quite
The
Fallacious Statement

You been living under a rock for the past decade?

Q99
I can honestly say I've never heard that acronym before.

And Kas'im is clearly > Bane in sabers too.

Hewhoknowsall
Originally posted by Q99
I can honestly say I've never heard that acronym before.

And Kas'im is clearly > Bane in sabers too.

Bane with just a year of training drove back Kas'im and Kas'im had to resort to using a form unfamiliar to Bane. By RoT he would beat Kas'im pretty easily.

Shoes
HK, please. Men are talking here.

If I recall correctly, Kas'im beat Bane, then blocked his TK wave. There is also no evidence that Bane even studied that form, and may never had practiced it.

Hewhoknowsall
HK, please. Men are talking here.

If I recall correctly, Kas'im beat Bane, then blocked his TK wave. There is also no evidence that Bane even studied that form, and may never had practiced it.

You insult me and my post, and yet you clearly didn't read it properly. I've read PoD. Bane was WINNING until Kas'im switched to a new form (which, to my knowledge, Bane had learned by RoT) that at the time was not familiar with Bane. Then Kas'im was winning, until he stopped to give a monologue and Bane launched a massive Force wave that collapsed the temple. Kas'im blocked it, but the temple came crashing down on him. Bane got lucky at the end, but he was winning until Kas'im switched forms. And Bane had only about one year of training.

ares834
Originally posted by Vorpal Ruin
Why isn't Nyax from the NJO series ever put into the 'top' lists? He certainly deserves to be.
Because Nyax is a piece of shit that every one wants to forget about...

Pwned
I still think that Bane by DoE would beat least inthe top 15 or top 10

Vorpal Ruin
Because Nyax is a piece of shit that every one wants to forget about...

So, if someone doesnt like a character then they just ignore his existance?

Is it because he probably had more force power than anyone else?

Shoes
Originally posted by Hewhoknowsall
You insult me and my post, and yet you clearly didn't read it properly. I've read PoD. Bane was WINNING until Kas'im switched to a new form (which, to my knowledge, Bane had learned by RoT) that at the time was not familiar with Bane. Then Kas'im was winning, until he stopped to give a monologue and Bane launched a massive Force wave that collapsed the temple. Kas'im blocked it, but the temple came crashing down on him. Bane got lucky at the end, but he was winning until Kas'im switched forms. And Bane had only about one year of training.

You cannot blindly state that Bane was familiar with that form. He was not in PoD. There is no evidence that he was in RoT. Where did you gather "your knowledge"? Furthermore, Bane had knowledge of the temple's layout, which gave him an advantage (albeit a marginal one), but an advantage nonetheless. Because of that there, there is no evidence that Bane could replicate that "victory".

ares834
Originally posted by Vorpal Ruin
So, if someone doesnt like a character then they just ignore his existance?
yes When it's Nyax.

Lord Lucien
Nyax-a-whoo-hoo?

Q99
Originally posted by Lord Lucien
Nyax-a-whoo-hoo?

He has lightsaber knees.

Hewhoknowsall
You cannot blindly state that Bane was familiar with that form. He was not in PoD. There is no evidence that he was in RoT. Where did you gather "your knowledge"? Furthermore, Bane had knowledge of the temple's layout, which gave him an advantage (albeit a marginal one), but an advantage nonetheless. Because of that there, there is no evidence that Bane could replicate that "victory".

I'm pretty sure that it was mentioned somewhere that Bane had learned that form by RoT, but maybe I'm mistaken. Still, an extra 10 years of training (and he with only one year of training, when Kas'im was using a form that Bane was familiar with, was beating Kas'im quite badly) and orbalisks (temporarily) would give Bane the edge over Kas'im.

Uriel005
It depends do you consider Luke becoming one with the force to let it guide his movements his lightsaber skills. Because in the Vong Wars it is described that he may as well have been using a thousand lightsabers. If not I would still rate him fairly high but its hard to tell as the real masters of the Jedi Sith wars and the height of the jedi ages were long gone and as such there is not much to draw comparison.
However if one goes by what holocrons say about characters Caedus is definitely up there and Luke is at least a step above him if Caedus is not second because Jason does describe him as the greatest wielder of a lightsaber he has ever known and the holocron he was learning from said Jason was already a skilled wielder.
The emperor and Yoda are definitely up there.
I would probably put Mace in at first if you discount Luke's union with the force because that isn't so much his skill as much as being a conduit for the force. Also for anyone who gives me crap about him being beaten he was stabbed in the back by Anakin without expecting it.
Bane is also on my list along with Revan and the Exile. Anyone else it really depends on what book you're reading.

darth radon
mad that whole comment about grevoius was false.do u know how many jedi he has killed,injured,pushed to retreat(kit fisto),or retired!?????more than mace,kit,ob1,count dooku andjango put together!!!!!!!!thus saying one you list in order from greateast to least(1:best10:worst) grevious woul be a 1 rolling on floor laughing darth radon Happy Dance Originally posted by Zack Skywalker
Ok, so this is my top 10, and it is all from the movies and clone wars, since I haven't any idea about EU characters other then a few.

1.Yoda-Seemed like he was beating Sidious, and owned Dooku
2.Anakin-Pwned Dooku, was beating Obi Wan through the duel
3.Windu-Beat Sidious, and mastered Vaapad
4.Sidious-Took down 3 Jedi Masters in 15 Seconds, was a good match for Yoda
5.Maul-Killed Qui Gonn and had Obi Wan beat, coolest sith ever
6.Obi Wan-Took down Anakin, Grievus and Maul. May not be the best, but gets the job done
7.Dooku-Beat Obi Wan twice, Anakin once, and put up a fight vs Yoda
8.Qui Gonn-Fought Maul for 5 minutes before losing, seemed really good
9.Luke-Beat masked Vader, but that doesn't seem to much. When he finally took down Vader, it was because he tripped over his cape
10.Kit Fisto-Pwned Grievus, has awesome dreads mad

Lord Lucien
Please stop with the emoticons and bad grammar.

Slash_KMC
Kids these days...

olympian
The initial list doesn`t make much sense. Anakin and Kenobi only had two fights. In one, Kenobi was older and prepared to die, which leaves only one.

How is then possible that a single list names both Anakin and Kenobi as beating the other?

Slash_KMC
Ofcourse the initial list doesn't make sense.

Just look at it. Why isn't Revan on the list and why isn't he number one on the list?

Lord Lucien
No mention of Bandon at all...

Slash_KMC
I forgot about him. Where is Darth "third place" Bandon??

Annus Mirabilis
Well the thread completely fails, with due respect to everyone but the utter f***head who started it. His knowledge is apparently little more than Episodes 1-6 and he's rating duels instead of the duelists themselves

Board Walker
Darth caedus as either number 1 or 2, with luke being 1 or 2.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.