Top 10 Wizards of All Time

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Zack Skywalker
what do you think

steverules_2
White Gandalf

ares834
Originally posted by steverules_2
White Gandalf
Yep...

Anyway Voldemort is the most powerful wizard in HP. Dumbledore is only his match with the elder wand, and Dumbledore admits his superiority in TDH.

~Bun Bun~
Are you talking HP wizards or wizards in general?

King Kandy
Originally posted by ares834
Yep...

Anyway Voldemort is the most powerful wizard in HP. Dumbledore is only his match with the elder wand, and Dumbledore admits his superiority in TDH.
That's like saying Voldemort could only beat Harry with his phoenix wand and would lose if wandless. Just because Dumbledore's wand is stronger than most doesn't mean it shouldn't be counted as part of his powerset.

ares834
I disagree. This thread is the about the most powerful wizard, not which wizard has the most powerful wand.

King Kandy
I disagree. This thread is the about the most powerful wizard, not which wizard has the most powerful wand.
Well by that logic, none of the wizards should get to use their wands. Not all wands are created equal.

ares834
Originally posted by King Kandy
Well by that logic, none of the wizards should get to use their wands. Not all wands are created equal.
I disagree. While wands aren't all created equal none of them make their user undefeatable or damn well near it...
Simply put the Elder Wand>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>any other wand.

~Bun Bun~
I love how my question was answered...

If we're talking Harry Potter wizards... Their wands are a way to control and focaus their magic. Some very powerful wizards (Voldy/Dumbledore) can do controled wandless magic.

"The wand chooses the wizard"
We are left to take this the way we want. Wand magic/law is still a huge mystery. But in the story they do tell us that "in combat" Elder Wand<Any other wand. Only if the Elder Wand has alligence to the wizard.

Also what the story tells us is that it's the wand and wizards connection that makes it most powerful. EX.. when Harry's wand gets broken and has to use the stolen wand or hermione's wand. It doesn't work well because there is no connection between him and those other wands.

ADarksideJedi
Lord Volemort
Dumadore
Harry
Grisworld
James

ares834
Voldemort
Dumbledore
Snape
IDK about the rest...

Noban
Gandalf

Oh, wait...

BlackZero30x
Originally posted by King Kandy
That's like saying Voldemort could only beat Harry with his phoenix wand and would lose if wandless. Just because Dumbledore's wand is stronger than most doesn't mean it shouldn't be counted as part of his powerset.

actually in HP some wizards are so powerful they can do some magic without wands....in fact Voldemort is one of the only ones that can actually do it.

harry did it like once but it was an accident and to my knowledge after that he could no longer do that.

Volde IS the most powerful wizard in HP who was equaled by a man only because his wand is more powerful then anyone's.....and that wand was still only enough to MATCH voldemort.

Gideon
Does Dumbledore really admit Voldemort's superiority in Deathly Hallows?

In terms of natural ability and aptitude,

Voldemort
Dumbledore
Grindelwald

Everyone else.

ares834
Originally posted by Gideon
Does Dumbledore really admit Voldemort's superiority in Deathly Hallows?
My fault its in OOTP. Dumbeldore says, "I knew tat Voldemort's knowledge of magic is perhaps more extensive than any wizard alive. I knew that even my most complex and protective spells and charms were unlikely to be invincible if he ever returned to power."

ADarksideJedi
Originally posted by BlackZero30x
actually in HP some wizards are so powerful they can do some magic without wands....in fact Voldemort is one of the only ones that can actually do it.

harry did it like once but it was an accident and to my knowledge after that he could no longer do that.

Volde IS the most powerful wizard in HP who was equaled by a man only because his wand is more powerful then anyone's.....and that wand was still only enough to MATCH voldemort.

Very true. smile

Zack Skywalker
Well, I still don't know if Voldemort is better than Dumbledore. Dumbledore was winning with the elder wand, but without it.. If you read the book it was clear that Dumbledore had an advantage through most of the fight. My top 10 is

1.Dumbledore
2.Voldemort
3.Grindewald.
4.Snape
5.Moody
6.Sirius
7.Bellatrix
8.Kingsley
9.McGonagall
10.Barty Crouch Jr.

leonheartmm
merlin
the three brother who made the deathly hallows
voldemort
dumbledore
dumbledore's gay lover
slytherin and gryffindore
hufflepuf and ravenclaw
harry
snape
mcgonnagal

Rogue Jedi
Ron ****in Weasley.

siriuswriter
1. Merlin
2. The Perceival Brother who chose the Invisibility Cloak.
3. The Brother who chose the Elder Wand.
4. The Brother who chose the Ring.
5. Dumbledore
6. Grindlewald
7 Harry Potter [is powers are mostly potential in the books, even up to DH, but dood, he is destined for great things.
8. Voldemort. Uber-powerful, but failed to kill Harry each time he tried.
9. Severus Snape. Enough magic to make sure Voldie doesn't find out that he's a double... triple? - crosser. That's pure, concentrated, POWA.
10. Bellatrix Lestrange/Sirius Black. The first wouldn't be Volde's ho if her power levels weren't so high. The second hiding in plain sight in Hogsmeade during the invisible rise of Voldemort in OotP.

colossulrage
Originally posted by steverules_2
White Gandalf HELL YA /THREAD!

Robtard
What, no love for this bad-ass wizza?

http://img267.imageshack.us/img267/2105/wizza.jpg

He's got the best hair to boot.

siriuswriter
HP Wizards. As per the forum... ?

Joker1237
Thats easy

Lord Gemini, All fear him, even that sissy Voldemort would run and hide like a little girl if he ever saw Gemini on a good day.

~Bun Bun~
Originally posted by siriuswriter
1. Merlin
2. The Perceival Brother who chose the Invisibility Cloak.
3. The Brother who chose the Elder Wand.
4. The Brother who chose the Ring.
5. Dumbledore
6. Grindlewald
7 Harry Potter

I agree with this break down completely. happy

Darth Nhilus
Dumbledore defeated Grindelwald and earned the allegiance of the Elder wand. Sure Grindelwald ws powerful but even with the help and allegiance of the elder wand Dumbledore managed to defeat him. In book 5 Dumbledore and Voldemort duel in the atrium in the ministry of magic. I'd say that the duel is very close and that's with Dumbledore in posession of the elder wand (with allegiance to HIM). Voldemort is no doubt powerful. I'm thinking Voldemort is a more powerful wizard but probably not by too much.

Vensai
Originally posted by Darth Nhilus
Dumbledore defeated Grindelwald and earned the allegiance of the Elder wand. Sure Grindelwald ws powerful but even with the help and allegiance of the elder wand Dumbledore managed to defeat him. In book 5 Dumbledore and Voldemort duel in the atrium in the ministry of magic. I'd say that the duel is very close and that's with Dumbledore in posession of the elder wand (with allegiance to HIM). Voldemort is no doubt powerful. I'm thinking Voldemort is a more powerful wizard but probably not by too much.

I always considered Voldemort as stronger than D since he did not have an uber wand.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Vensai
I always considered Voldemort as stronger than D since he did not have an uber wand. Voldemort was the strongest/most powerful wizard we ever saw in the movies.

Robtard
http://img46.imageshack.us/img46/4546/nggaplease.jpg

quanchi112
Originally posted by Robtard
http://img46.imageshack.us/img46/4546/nggaplease.jpg Speak up, boy.

KingD19
Considering that Voldemort even at the height of his power wasn't dumb enough to openly challenge Dumbledore, I'd say their strengths were close enough that they could be tied, with Dumbledore slightly edging him out because Voldemort was afraid of Dumbledore, not the other way around.

Also, this was all when Voldie didn't even know Dumbledore had the Elder Wand.

Robtard
Originally posted by quanchi112
Speak up, boy.

You argue solely from the view of a fanboy. "Voldermort is the best, like ever!"; it's funny and sad and sadly funny.

Robtard
Originally posted by KingD19
Considering that Voldemort even at the height of his power wasn't dumb enough to openly challenge Dumbledore, I'd say their strengths were close enough that they could be tied, with Dumbledore slightly edging him out because Voldemort was afraid of Dumbledore, not the other way around.

Also, this was all when Voldie didn't even know Dumbledore had the Elder Wand.

thumb up

elrond72
Dynamo pwns all!!!

quanchi112
Originally posted by KingD19

Also, this was all when Voldie didn't even know Dumbledore had the Elder Wand. Voldemort didn't run from him when Dumbledore showed up. Voldemort took him on. Dumbledore had the most powerful wand in existence and still looked inferior power wise to Voldemort. Voldemort also has greater feats as well as superior in a direct matchup.

quanchi112
You argue solely from the view of a fanboy. "Voldermort is the best, like ever!"; it's funny and sad and sadly funny. I argue based off of movie feats/portrayals. Read my posts for a change. You admitted you saw these movies once probably a long time ago.

Robtard
I argue based off of movie feats/portrayals. Read my posts for a change. You admitted you saw these movies once probably a long time ago.

LoL, stop lying. You're biased as they come. More lying, I said I've seen each movie in full once. In parts, I've seen them a few times; that's not counting the many times I've watched online clips posted.

So two lies, got anything else?

Vensai
LoL, stop lying. You're biased as they come. More lying, I said I've seen each movie in full once. In parts, I've seen them a few times; that's not counting the many times I've watched online clips posted.

So two lies, got anything else?

I don't think he's lying its how he perceives the fight. They were evenly matched in the movie, though Dumbledore was pushed back at the conclusion of the fight.

Robtard
I don't think he's lying its how he perceives the fight. They were evenly matched in the movie, though Dumbledore was pushed back at the conclusion of the fight.

That's a non sequitur, I didn't say he was lying about his opinion in a Dumbledore Vs Voldermort fight.

Dumbledore is the more powerful wizard overall, Voldermort knows this, why he ultimately fears him.

Vensai
That's a non sequitur, I didn't say he was lying about his opinion in a Dumbledore Vs Voldermort fight.

Dumbledore is the more powerful wizard overall, Voldermort knows this, why he ultimately fears him.

Harry fears Dementors, does that mean Dementors are more powerful than Harry? And Dumbledore was saved from an AK by Fawkes during his duel with Voldemort. Snape showed that not even D is safe from AKs.

Robtard
Harry fears Dementors, does that mean Dementors are more powerful than Harry? And Dumbledore was saved from an AK by Fawkes during his duel with Voldemort. Snape showed that not even D is safe from AKs.

It's human(wizard) nature to fear dementors, cos they're scary. Harry also fears Voldermort and basilisks and even his own shadow at times, what is your point? Voldermort pretty much fears nothing, except Dumbledore and death, though death is probably linked back to Dumbledore.

And that doesn't mean that Voldermort is stronger overall. Albus has put in the time.

Vensai
It's human(wizard) nature to fear dementors, cos they're scary. Harry also fears Voldermort and basilisks, what is your point? Voldermort pretty much fears nothing, except death and Dumbledore.

And that doesn't mean that Voldermort is stronger overall.

My point is that fearing an opponent doesn't mean they are stronger. Going by feats, Voldemort has done stuff like stalemating EW Dumbledore and trioing McGonagall, Slughorn, and Kingsley without the EW. And this is after he'd been without a body for years while Dumbledore had time to prepare.

Robtard
Cat > mouse

Oranges > apples

Albus > Voldermort

JK Rowling > you

Any questions?

Vensai
Cat > mouse

Oranges > apples

Albus > Voldermort

JK Rowling > you

Any questions?

Your comparisons prove nothing. And I like oranges more than apples anyway. Give feats and evidence if you feel V is weaker than D. I just gave some, respond appropriately.

Robtard
Your comparisons prove nothing. And I like oranges more than apples anyway. Give feats and evidence if you feel V is weaker than D. I just gave some, respond appropriately.

Well, at least you got the oranges right.

The evidence is the films, look at their fight in OOTP, Albus had the upper-hand for more of the duel and this was while he was having to worry about keeping Harry's pasty ass safe.

How did that fight end. Voldermort saw that Dumbledore could take and counter all he had, made an "oh shit" face and bailed out. Voldermort isn't all that much below Dumbledore mind you, but he's not his superior.

Vensai
Well, at least you got the oranges right.

The evidence is the films, look at their fight in OOTP, Albus had the upper-hand for more of the duel and this was while he was having to worry about keeping Harry's pasty ass safe.

How did that fight end. Voldermort saw Dumbledore could take and counter all he had, made an "oh shit" face and bailed out. Voldermort isn't all that much below Dumbledore mind you, but he's not his superior.

It doesn't take a genius strategist to know that when the aurors are coming to back up Dumbledore, you better retreat.

Robtard
If you want to ignore what's shown and implied, that's on you, but watch the fight again. It's clearly evident Albus could handle anything Voldermort had to give while having to focus in part for Harry's safety no less. Voldermort's face at the end is another clear indicator that he realizes despite all his dark powers, Albus is still his superior.

You also seem like a reasonable person and not a "Voldermort wins cos he's my favorite" type ot poster, so we'll just have to agree to disagree if you still feel the same after reviewing the match again.

Vensai
Watch the fight, it's clearly evident Albus could handle anything Voldermort had to give while having to focus in part for Harry's safety no less. Voldermort's face at the end is another clear indicator that he realizes despite all his dark powers, Albus is still his superior.

If you want to ignore what's shown and implied, that's on you.

It was a stalemate that ended after the aurors were coming. There is nothing to suggest Dumbledore would surely have won if the fight continued. Besides, Dumbledore has no way to kill him because of horcruxes.

Robtard
Because Dumbledore had to mostly go on the defensive for Harry's sake, he was covering the wizardly asses of two people.

Voldermort's safety net (the hors) doesn't mean he's more powerful than Dumbledore though.

I also edited while you were responding and added a link to the fight for you. So you can have a fresh re-watch.

Vensai
Because Dumbledore had to mostly go on the defensive for Harry's sake, he was covering the asses of two people.

Voldermort's safety net (the hors) doesn't mean he's more powerful than Dumbledore though.

I also edited while you were responding and added a link to the fight for you. So you can have a fresh re-watch.

Dumbledore: Voldemort had powers I will never have.

Robtard
Dumbledore: Voldemort had powers I will never have.

That was in regards to Voldermort having no problem in going where Dumbledore wouldn't go (dark magic), Horcruxes and such. Not Dumbledore saying "Voldermort's more powerful than I am."

Vensai
That was in regards to Voldermort having no problem in going where Dumbledore wouldn't go (dark magic), Horcruxes and such. Not Dumbledore saying "Voldermort's more powerful than I am."

Dark magic powers give Voldemort the advantage over Dumbledore. Otherwise I'd agree that Dumbledores stronger.

Robtard
Dark magic powers give Voldemort the advantage over Dumbledore. Otherwise I'd agree that Dumbledores stronger.

The power of love > Voldermort. So it could be equally said that Voldermort will never have powers Dumbledore had.

elrond72
All wizards have powers or traits that are individual to them, that doesn't mean they are more powerful than others. Voldermort couldn't probably use magical plants better than Neville. Doesnt mean Neville could beat him in a fight does it? And in the books J K Rowling specifically states that Voldermort feared Dumbledore. Dynamo would still own all of them though, disarming them by putting all of their wands into beer bottles.

Vensai
The power of love > Voldermort. So it could be equally said that Voldermort will never have powers Dumbledore had.

Dumbledores mother didn't make a love sacrifice for him like Harry. So he doesn't use it combat wise.

Robtard
Dumbledores mother didn't make a love sacrifice for him like Harry. So he doesn't use it combat wise.

Well I wasn't implying anything about Dumbledore's mother. Just the nature of good and evil magics.

Voldermort does fear Dumbledore; it isn't because he's a scary monster, it's cos he knows better.

quanchi112

So two lies, got anything else? Seeing the movies in full once probably around the time they came out doesn't cut it. Originally posted by Vensai
I don't think he's lying its how he perceives the fight. They were evenly matched in the movie, though Dumbledore was pushed back at the conclusion of the fight. He often calls anyone who disagrees with him a liar.

quanchi112
The power of love > Voldermort. So it could be equally said that Voldermort will never have powers Dumbledore had. What does this have to do with what they are capable of combat wise ? Are you saying dumbledore will sacrifice himself to save someone else's life against him or that someone else is needed to save Dumbledore from Voldemort ? What's also hilarious is that sacrifice of love didn't stop Voldemort. Horcruxes. laughing out loud

What ended up making Dumbledore a terminal case ? A horcrux.

laughing out loud

If you want to ignore what's shown and implied, that's on you, but watch the fight again. It's clearly evident Albus could handle anything Voldermort had to give while having to focus in part for Harry's safety no less. Voldermort's face at the end is another clear indicator that he realizes despite all his dark powers, Albus is still his superior.

You also seem like a reasonable person and not a "Voldermort wins cos he's my favorite" type ot poster, so we'll just have to agree to disagree if you still feel the same after reviewing the match again. No, you are clearly wrong. Voldemort handled anything Dumbledore threw at him as well. Albus was mostly on the defensive as Voldemort was dictating the fight to him.

Albus also had the most powerful wand in existence whereas Voldemort flat out looked more powerful in their own duel. Voldemort also has superior power feats. Voldemort is also the most powerful dark wizard ever. You have nothing to support your opinion in this matter.

Robtard
What does this have to do with what they are capable of combat wise ? Are you saying dumbledore will sacrifice himself to save someone else's life against him or that someone else is needed to save Dumbledore from Voldemort ? What's also hilarious is that sacrifice of love didn't stop Voldemort. Horcruxes. laughing out loud

What ended up making Dumbledore a terminal case ? A horcrux.

laughing out loud

-

No, you are clearly wrong. Voldemort handled anything Dumbledore threw at him as well. Albus was mostly on the defensive as Voldemort was dictating the fight to him.

Albus also had the most powerful wand in existence whereas Voldemort flat out looked more powerful in their own duel. Voldemort also has superior power feats. Voldemort is also the most powerful dark wizard ever. You have nothing to support your opinion in this matter.

laughing out loud Another argument based on you strawmanning, so ignoring. laughing out loud

-

Incorrect, everything I said about the fight can be seen in the fight. Dumbledore was on the defensive cos he had Harry to worry about, besides himself. Voldermort made his "own shit" face and fled.

LoL, the wand crying game again. You just don't get your own favorite franchise. Dumbledore fought and defeated Grindelwald and took control of the elder wand; this makes him a badass in it's own right. Dumbledore also limits himself with the use of the elder wand, ie not killing with it.

The vid > what you want to believe cos Voldermort is your favorite.

Vensai
laughing out loud Another argument based on you strawmanning, so ignoring. laughing out loud

-

Incorrect, everything I said about the fight can be seen in the fight. Dumbledore was on the defensive cos he had Harry to worry about, besides himself. Voldermort made his "own shit" face and fled.

LoL, the wand crying game again. You just don't get your own favorite franchise. Dumbledore fought and defeated Grindelwald and took control of the elder wand; this makes him a badass in it's own right. Dumbledore also limits himself with the use of the elder wand, ie not killing with it.

The vid > what you want to believe cos Voldermort is your favorite.

There is no proof Dumbledore limits himself with the elder wand. So Dumbledore over Grindelwald. There is nothing to suggest he is stronger than Voldemort. And of course V fled, the aurors were coming. He and Dumbledore didn't have enough time to reach a conclusion.

quanchi112

-

The vid > what you want to believe cos Voldermort is your favorite. That's completely incorrect. It was two wizards against one and Voldemort still stayed. Not Voldemort's fault Harry just stood there and watched.

Dumbledore attacked him with the water bubble so don't act like he was just on the defensive the entire time.

You have no proof that Dumbledore limits himself with the elder wand. I guess by your logic not using an avada kedavra means less power. LOL.

Dumbledore beat an inferior dark wizard to Voldemort years ago. He didn't beat Voldemort. Voldemort knocked him on his ass and dictated most of the fight. This is all despite the fact Albus wielded the most powerful wand in existence.

The vid corroborates everything I have said. You just made something up by saying Dumbledore limits himself with the elder wand. That's what we call a baseless claim.

Robtard
That's completely incorrect. It was two wizards against one and Voldemort still stayed. Not Voldemort's fault Harry just stood there and watched.

Dumbledore attacked him with the water bubble so don't act like he was just on the defensive the entire time.

You have no proof that Dumbledore limits himself with the elder wand. I guess by your logic not using an avada kedavra means less power. LOL.

Dumbledore beat an inferior dark wizard to Voldemort years ago. He didn't beat Voldemort. Voldemort knocked him on his ass and dictated most of the fight. This is all despite the fact Albus wielded the most powerful wand in existence.

The vid corroborates everything I have said. You just made something up by saying Dumbledore limits himself with the elder wand. That's what we call a baseless claim.

laughing out loud only you would argue that a person not fighting counts as a fighter.

While constantly having to worry after Harry's safety. We see him glance back in concern during the duel. His focus was split.

HP lore. If you did a moment of research, you'd know this. Only you would think restricting yourself from using an instant death spell in a fight wouldn't put someone at a disadvantage.

That dark wizard was second only to Voldermort in the dark wizard world and he was armed with the elder wand at the time.

The vid shows Voldermort making an "oh shit face" after he realizes Dumbledore's still a badass and he flees. So you're wrong.

Dumbledore > Voldrmort, even if it's by a fraction. You're just going to have to accept that your favorite had a better, vid proves it.

quanchi112
laughing out loud only you would argue that a person not fighting counts as a fighter.

While constantly having to worry after Harry's safety. We see him glance back in concern during the duel. His focus was split.

HP lore. If you did a moment of research, you'd know this. Only you would think restricting yourself from using an instant death spell in a fight wouldn't put someone at a disadvantage.

That dark wizard was second only to Voldermort in the dark wizard world and he was armed with the elder wand at the time.

The vid shows Voldermort making an "oh shit face" after he realizes Dumbledore's still a badass and he flees. So you're wrong.

Dumbledore > Voldrmort, even if it's by a fraction. You're just going to have to accept that your favorite had a better, vid proves it. Voldemort was taking Harry on and then Dumbledore jumped in. Voldemort stayed despite Albus telling him more are on the way.

False. He knew Voldemort was going to break out of the water sphere so he pushed Harry back. His attention was always on Voldemort.

This is the movies version. At no point does it ever mention or allude to Dumbledore limiting himself in terms of overall power. So wait so you're saying anyone who has used the instant death spell is more powerful than Dumbledore ? so based off of your logic Goyle is more powerful than Dumbledore since he used the death curse. laughing out loud

Off camera and not as great as Voldemort per Albus's own words. Voldemort being better and being at the disadvantage of taking him on with the most powerful wand in existence. You can't escape from it. It's unbelievably awesome.

No, he is standing over Harry taunting him as Albus looks on fearful because he can't do anything about it. Voldemort leaves after the aurors arrive. Dumbledore needed backup.

Voldemort>Dumbledore. Dumbledore had the most powerful wand ever and he still looked inferior power wise and Voldemort's power feats shit all over Albus'.

Voldemort is unquestionably number 1.

Vensai
Voldemort was taking Harry on and then Dumbledore jumped in. Voldemort stayed despite Albus telling him more are on the way.

False. He knew Voldemort was going to break out of the water sphere so he pushed Harry back. His attention was always on Voldemort.

This is the movies version. At no point does it ever mention or allude to Dumbledore limiting himself in terms of overall power. So wait so you're saying anyone who has used the instant death spell is more powerful than Dumbledore ? so based off of your logic Goyle is more powerful than Dumbledore since he used the death curse. laughing out loud

Off camera and not as great as Voldemort per Albus's own words. Voldemort being better and being at the disadvantage of taking him on with the most powerful wand in existence. You can't escape from it. It's unbelievably awesome.

No, he is standing over Harry taunting him as Albus looks on fearful because he can't do anything about it. Voldemort leaves after the aurors arrive. Dumbledore needed backup.

Voldemort>Dumbledore. Dumbledore had the most powerful wand ever and he still looked inferior power wise and Voldemort's power feats shit all over Albus'.

Voldemort is unquestionably number 1.
Agreed cool

quanchi112
36 minutes in the Harry Potter Order of the Phoenix special part which covers all movies up to this point it verifies Voldemort is the greatest wizard of the age. They even say Dumbledore agrees. Feel the burn naysayers.

BellaMario
I agree with you guys you are right

quanchi112
Originally posted by BellaMario
I agree with you guys you are right I am right.

Vensai
Albus, Tom, and Gellert were probably three of the strongest in the verse depending on how people powerscale the founders of Hogwarts.

Gwizdo87
This is an interesting post and i think it's a bit hard to answer...

I will talk just about Harry Potter's Wizards.

Like everyone knows, Voldemort had great power and knowledge, specially in dark magic. On the other and Dumbledore had wisdom and he was the one wizard, before Harry Potter, you could face off Voldemort. Of course Dumbledore couldn't kill him because the horcruxes.

And, the years passed and Harry Potter cames to kill Voldemort.
But, besides that, Harry learned too much over the years and he proved to be wise and brave.

I think that Alastor "Mad-Eye" Moody was a great Wizard too. McGonagall stands at the same place, she was so awesome..

So, there is my answer with no conclusion about who's the best wizard of all time, Dumbledore or voldemort.

Talking about the movies, the best representation of wizard was Bellatrix Lestrange. She made me get nervous and frustrated everytime i saw/see the movies. I loved her role in the all HP saga.

Finally, here is the podium:

1. Dumbledore/Voldemort
3. Grindlewald
4. Snape/Alastor Moody/McGonagall
7. Harry Potter
8. Bellatrix Lestrange /Sirius Black
10. Hermoine Granger

(sorry if my english isn't good, i tried my best) big grin

Vensai
Originally posted by Gwizdo87
This is an interesting post and i think it's a bit hard to answer...

I will talk just about Harry Potter's Wizards.

Like everyone knows, Voldemort had great power and knowledge, specially in dark magic. On the other and Dumbledore had wisdom and he was the one wizard, before Harry Potter, you could face off Voldemort. Of course Dumbledore couldn't kill him because the horcruxes.

And, the years passed and Harry Potter cames to kill Voldemort.
But, besides that, Harry learned too much over the years and he proved to be wise and brave.

I think that Alastor "Mad-Eye" Moody was a great Wizard too. McGonagall stands at the same place, she was so awesome..

So, there is my answer with no conclusion about who's the best wizard of all time, Dumbledore or voldemort.

Talking about the movies, the best representation of wizard was Bellatrix Lestrange. She made me get nervous and frustrated everytime i saw/see the movies. I loved her role in the all HP saga.

Finally, here is the podium:

1. Dumbledore/Voldemort
3. Grindlewald
4. Snape/Alastor Moody/McGonagall
7. Harry Potter
8. Bellatrix Lestrange /Sirius Black
10. Hermoine Granger

(sorry if my english isn't good, i tried my best) big grin
Harry is not above Bellatrix. And Moody was defeated by a Death Eater who lost to Flitwick.

Gwizdo87
Harry is not above Bellatrix. And Moody was defeated by a Death Eater who lost to Flitwick.

But, i don't think that implies that the Death Eater is better then Moody..

The previous post was just my opinion..

Vensai

Moody lost a duel. Even Crotch and Peter managed to get the jump on him. He doesn't have much feats except for hype.

Soundgun99
I'd have to have Merlin in there since the high order of wizards is named for him.

Originally posted by Zack Skywalker
what do you think

EmperorSidious2

He's right just because someone had the elder wand doesn't mean he would automatically win. For instance dumbledore defeated grindlewald who was the true master of the elder wand at the time

EmperorSidious2

I believe bellatrix and shape are better than moody

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.