Spider-man vs Luke Cage (armwrestling)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

SamZED
Current Luke Cage.
Spider-man before BND with the strength upgrade.
Adamantium table.

I know Luke has some crazy feats, but Spider-man imo has better lifting feats, so I thought this is worth debating.
Who wins?

Warlord
cage

Parmaniac
Originally posted by SamZED
Spider-man before BND with the strength upgrade What strength upgrade?

Can anyone provide LC strength feats?

I'm tending to Spidey till now

SamZED
Originally posted by Parmaniac
What strength upgrade?

Can anyone provide LC strength feats?

I'm tending to Spidey till now I mean the one he recievd after his "death". The same time he got the stingers, hightened senses, etc

StiltmanFTW
The one who can do a thunderclap.

Parmaniac
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
The one who can do a thunderclap. The one with the thunder headbutt

KingD19
The one who punched out Ironclad and Crusher Creel.

StiltmanFTW
The one with the thunder headbutt

wut?

Kid Kurdy
Spider-Man beats Cage every day of the week, but strength wise, Cage > Spider-Man.

Colossus-Big C
cage would wreck spiderman in a fight
but strength wise there about equals

Parmaniac
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
wut? Check the issue you used for your Avatar and sig wink

Wild Shadow
spidey throws luke around dominating the entire fight.

realistic
luke cage will break his arm if jigsaw broke his arm luke cage will rip it out

Colossus-Big C
some people think bane can beat up spiderman in a h2H

KingD19
Originally posted by Wild Shadow
spidey throws luke around dominating the entire fight.

Seriously??? No. Even with the upgrade, Spidey does not want problems with Cage. Even if he webs him, about 6 to 7 times out of 10, the end result will be Spidey getting yanked towards Cage, who then punches him in the face.

Originally posted by Colossus-Big C

Yes, eventually Cage's durability would get the better of SPidey, but strength wise they are not equals. Cage traded blows with Wonder Man, Absorbing Man, Iron Clad, Hulk, etc.... Spidey's nowhere near that.

Bentley
I though Cage had human level stamina, if it is so, Spidey only needs to hang there until Cage gets tired and then get the easy win.

h1a8
Originally posted by Colossus-Big C

This is contradictory since Spidey has other powers at his disposal.

h1a8
A serious Spidey wins hands down. He has many feats far above 20tons.

What are some of Cage's best strength feats?

Bentley
Originally posted by h1a8

Knocking down a guy who has resisted Thor's hammer blows unfazed.

KingD19
Originally posted by h1a8

2-shotting Iron Clad

Standing up with Professor Hulk I think...it was a green Hulk who could talk. It was after Cage had been framed for a crime he didn't commit...killing a special police agent or something.

Brawling with Rhino and gaining the upper hand.

Taking down the new cyborg Hammerhead, which Spidey couldn't do.

Beating down Absorbing Man(He only had Marble to absorb, but it's still impressive)

Taking down Gargan Venom in a few hits.

Knocking the Wrecker on his ass, and acknowledging that it hurt.

A thunder clap.

Wild Shadow
you realize that spidey still has the overall better feats and fights with equal if not superior opponents,, spidey isnt going to trade punches with the likes of cage but he will use is agility and speed to beat on a human lvl reaction type guy like luke

jalek moye
I thought Cage fighting high end bricks was cuase he has class 100 durability but not strength, and he just works them over time. in most cases

KingD19
you realize that spidey still has the overall better feats and fights with equal if not superior opponents,, spidey isnt going to trade punches with the likes of cage but he will use is agility and speed to beat on a human lvl reaction type guy like luke

Name some high end opponents Spidey beat with strength, not a fluke or bad writing.

And truth be told Jalek, his strength fluctuates, but it's usually enough to harm people supposedly much higher on the strength scale than him.

BlackZero30x
Originally posted by jalek moye
I thought Cage fighting high end bricks was cuase he has class 100 durability but not strength, and he just works them over time. in most cases

my thoughts exactly

Wild Shadow
nice exception,.. same could be said for luke with his 20 ton strength working on a 40 tonner and up...

at least spidey uses his constant speed to pummel a 90 tonner till eventually wear them down.. can luke say the same or can we consider it bad writing when all he does is toss a few punches.

StiltmanFTW
Check the issue you used for your Avatar and sig wink

Hey, I did read that stick out tongue You mean Carol with the symbiote?

Colossus-Big C
you know luke cage beat up darkseid in a cross over

Wild Shadow
in an arm wrestling contest i can see spidey's ability to stick his body as some how playing a vital role in the contest.

like i said already in a fight spidey would tear luke apart as easy as he would a thug or one of his random mid lvl bricks that he faces regularly.

luke is really a one trick pony..

Colossus-Big C
luke cage served in the army

Wild Shadow
army is nothing more then civilians with minimal training barely equal if not less then standard police training.

Bentley
army is nothing more then civilians with minimal training barely equal if not less then standard police training.

Dude, if Spidey doesn't know Nefaria on his *ss then he has no reason to be put in the same score than Luke.

Wild Shadow
unless luke was special ops his army training isnt coming into play regardless..

he is still stuck with his reaction stats which are not peak nor would i call it Olympic..

but he does have better fighting training from ironfist.

KingD19
In his Power Man days, he caught a bullet a split second after the revolver was fired. Which means his hand shot out after the bullet began traveling down the barrel, but before it got more than a few inches away.

r0nm0n88

so true, the military doesnt teach people to fight. misconception. and cage wins in arm wrestling, spidey wins a fight. to agile, and reflexes are superior.

Bentley
Originally posted by r0nm0n88
so true, the military doesnt teach people to fight. misconception. and cage wins in arm wrestling, spidey wins a fight. to agile, and reflexes are superior.

I'm sure its not the case, but saying "Spidey wins in a fight" sounds like a sore Spider-man fan complaining because its incredibly off topic big grin

Wild Shadow
although i do like spidey and i am a fan of his comic adventures, i dont consider myself anymore a fan of him then luke or cap or ironman...

Rage.Of.Olympus
On paper? Spider-Man. In a comic? Cage.

Wild Shadow
in comics luke should get tossed around all over the city and eventually beaten within an inch of his life due to city setting..

in a forum fight it would be almost the same.

but i see how writers now write things and i could see luke written to beat him.

Bentley
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
On paper? Spider-Man. In a comic? Cage.

Are comics not made of paper? big grin

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by Bentley
Are comics not made of paper? big grin

mhmm

Touche.

Rage.Of.Olympus
in comics luke should get tossed around all over the city and eventually beaten within an inch of his life due to city setting..

in a forum fight it would be almost the same.

but i see how writers now write things and i could see luke written to beat him.

Is this post directed at me?

I think Spider-Man even without the amp would beat Luke Cage. The amp simply makes it easier.

I simply doubt that the strength aspect ofthe amp would be focused on to the point he can out muscle Luke Cage. Especially in the current Bendis era Marvel.

Wild Shadow
i wish we could see a massive drop off of readers and sells to the point where writers are being blamed and fired as well as editors..

i mean why isnt this happening are we the ones who supported the companies no longer the ruling group or do we still buy them in mass just to keep our collection going or have we bn replaced by snotty lil kids who dont care about writing but just cool looking splash pages and mediocre story telling where the rainbow fad is cool ala power rangers?

StiltmanFTW
Didn't puny parker and Cage fight? Bugboy didn't look so good, IIRC.

Rage.Of.Olympus
i wish we could see a massive drop off of readers and sells to the point where writers are being blamed and fired as well as editors..

i mean why isnt this happening are we the ones who supported the companies no longer the ruling group or do we still buy them in mass just to keep our collection going or have we bn replaced by snotty lil kids who dont care about writing but just cool looking splash pages and mediocre story telling where the rainbow fad is cool ala power rangers?

You may run into some intelligent posters on this board or a few others, but the truth is, the majority of the comic book buying audience are idiots. The masses support people like Bendis apparently. It's no surprise really. The majority of people in general are idiots.

Guy's like Starscream? That's the average comic book reader in my opinion.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Guy's like Starscream? That's the average comic book reader in my opinion.

C'mon, it ain't that bad.

Wild Shadow
did we all grow up and stop buying comics? i mean i bn reading them since the 80's and have boxes of them in my garage but i stop buying the early 2000's even my own favorite characters due to bad story telling and writers suspiciously when a particular fat guy took over..

i feel like the business never cared about us the readers but i know that isnt true when you had guys like stan and his posse running sh$#...

SamZED
Originally posted by KingD19
2-shotting Iron Clad

Standing up with Professor Hulk I think...it was a green Hulk who could talk. It was after Cage had been framed for a crime he didn't commit...killing a special police agent or something.

Brawling with Rhino and gaining the upper hand.

Taking down the new cyborg Hammerhead, which Spidey couldn't do.

Beating down Absorbing Man(He only had Marble to absorb, but it's still impressive)

Taking down Gargan Venom in a few hits.

Knocking the Wrecker on his ass, and acknowledging that it hurt.

A thunder clap. Luke only brawls with class 100 because of his durability tbh, not strength. Give Spider-man an unbreakable skin, he'd do the same. As for the people Luke's beaten..

Rhino - Spider beat him a few dozen times.
Hammerhead - Luke didnt beat him, they ended the fight with Cage looking better. And as far as I remember Spider-man stomped cyborg Hammerhead the second time they fought.
Absorbing Man - Spider-man oneshotted him once.
Gargan Venom - Took him down even though he was weakened after fighting sinister twelve.
Wrecker - Luke didnt do it by himself and used a crawbar to ko him.
Thunderclap - A SHOCKWAVE from Spider-man's punch once shattered concrete in a many feet radius, people thought it was an earthquake.

Spider-man's wins aren't any less impressive than Luke's, and lifting feats are more impressive imo. One cant compare their strength looking at how they brawl with other characters, Luke has better durability so he can afford to fight that way.

Parmaniac
Originally posted by SamZED
Luke only brawls with class 100 because of his durability tbh, not strength. Give Spider-man an unbreakable skin, he'd do the same. As for the people Luke's beaten.. thumb up cause otherwise we could claim that Wolverine is also stronger than Spidey, which he obviosly isn't but can he fight bricks better than Spidey? Absolutely. The reason why he can, is his adamantium skeleton and his insane HF.

So to determine who is STRONGER (in an armwrestling match) by sheer strength, I think only real lifting feats can be counted.

Battlehammer
If this was written in a comic I actaully put solid amount of money on the fact luke would win dispite spiderman possing greater strength feats.

I think luke potrayed at a higher strength level consistently and it is a major attribute of his more so then spidermans.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.